Warren the latest to go

The speculation that defensive tackle Gerard Warren would be cut before he was due a sizable bonus payment has apparently become reality.

Nothing official from the Raiders yet, but the National Football Post and NFL Network are reporting Warren was released Thursday. On his Twitter account this morning, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Warren was due a $5.925 million option bonus on March 14. Warren was due $755,000 in salary this season.

The Raiders obviously considered that way too much for an on and off tackle who had a career low two sacks.

With the release of both Warren and Greg Ellis, the Raiders have lost two defensive linemen who were part of their regular rotation _ neither of whom was considered particularly stout against the run.

It puts defensive line in play for a high draft pick, and also means Desmond Bryant, who had an impressive rookie year as an undrafted free agent out of Harvard, is in line for a starting spot at tackle alongside Tommy Kelly.

At present, Bryant and Kelly are the only two defensive tackles on the roster, although Richard Seymour moves inside in some defensive packages. William Joseph, who finished the season with the Raiders, is an unrestricted free agent who could probably be re-signed at a moderate price.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Norco Bob

lol,..old kell has been drinking all day…again.

• 30 year raider

or should i say mafioso smart????

• http://http://www.mensa.org/ Raiders Grief Counselor Albert Bigelow Paine

I’m out. Time to meet with my lethargy addiction support group.

• 24

T.O.? He11…Why not? What do we have to lose? Hes finally desperate with no more teams interested so Davis is putting in the call to let him know that he can resurrect his last few years here in the Silver & Black and add some cash flow to the end of his career. I personally think hes still got it but he was on a bad Bills Offense that made it seem like he was aging. Personally, I’m not sure our offense is going to make him look any better and after next season, everyone will think he’s finally over the hill but I hope not.

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829 KoolKell

I think T.O. would damn sure hold Russell accountable.

• 24

To think…Roethlisberger was on top of the world, which put him on top of women and well…hes gonna end up on the bottom after all this. You’d hope hes innocent but unfortunately, only time will tell. Its not looking good.

• 24

KoolKell – Russell has looked bad on his own but maybe having someone actually reliable to throw to outside of 2 rookie WR’s could make Russell look much better? Schilens and T.O. would make a nice reliable tandem for him no?

• 24

PFT’s quote is hella funny.

“If T.O. lands in Oakland, the next question will be the projected date on which he says to the media, “Hey, I’m not the one who has Lethargy Addiction.”

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# LA to TheBay Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

1. Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:22 pm
    Damn..according to Kane and Assoc they haven’t seen you in a while, Kelli..they did, however, forward me to your voicemail.
    They were just “sure” you were out canvassing, which is what all ’slow’ realtors do…right Kelli?
    (will be our little secret that you do none of that..but hey..why bother? The wife works..she brings home the bacon..you? You just sit at the barber shop, swapping tales with the other old timers..now, how fun is that, pops?
    Oh..and dude? your voice..uh…the high pitched squeal on your recording?
    is that you?
    I would have someone else record the message, if I were you. Someone with a more masculine voice.
    Have your wife do it.
    ————————————————-
    Lol, dang Rich you’re a scumbag.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm
    LA to the Bay?
    Yeah, LMFAO on that one

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lol, wasn’t any kind of joke or something to laugh at, dude.

You? Yes, certainly.

The comment? No, not at all.

Stay out of KK’s personal business, man that’s as low rent as I’ve seen you go, which is saying a lot.
    ==========================
    You put LOL but you’re not laughing?
    I take it back.
    In the past I stated you couldn’t possibly be as dense and as slow as you portray yourself to be. Obviously you are.

As far as Kelli? Uh….dumbass?? HE POSTED A LINK TO HIS PERSONAL INFO…moron.
    He then posted how wonderfully fantastic his life was compared to some others he was posting to…going so far as to applaud all of his “accomplishments” that he, and he alone was able to acquire.

Except he was lying. He’s just all miffed that I exposed his lying racist ass.

the guy doesn’t work.
    he doesn’t have ANY business.
    And as is obvious by the amount of time he spends here, both day and night, his personal life is about as void as his business life.

the squeal? lol…facts are facts…and honestly? I’ve never heard a man’s voice as effeminate as Kelli’s voice is on his message. I dare you to call and tell me different…

Of course, with all the welts you’ve acquired from yours truly? No doubt you’ll rush to state that YOU wish you sounded as “manly”, lol…and that won’t surprise me.

Yeah, a couple of big physical WR’s is good. But, I’m looking at what T.O. brings to an offense: Emotional Tension. I don’t believe there would be any more nonchalance with Russell.

• Raiders4eve

Cheap players Raiders can get.

C Mawae old guy but part of a unit that produced CJ’s +2000 yards.

C Fraley a backup/starter, he could end being better then Satele

WR T.O nobody wants him, a similar contract like Thomas Jones can get him here

SS Roy Williams can be converted to SLB and gives us a good support against the run (note bench him in passing situations unless he is just going to blitz, can’t cover a TE)

DE Adewale Ogunleye has chance to start as our RDE

MLB Antonio Pierce with supposedly a neck injury, he could sign a one year prove it deal

There are some DTs available but I don’t want them as a Raider.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

I think the following is what sent Kelli from his Shirley Temples to his Singapore Slings this morning, Bobbo..
    ==================================
    # Norco Bob Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 5:44 pm

lol,..old kell has been drinking all day…again.

===========================================
    . Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:22 pm
    Oh..and dude? your voice..uh…the high pitched squeal on your recording?
    is that you?
    Have your wife do it.

Reekochit,

I took a balloon ride over the Serengeti plains at dawn of the morning of my 20th anniversary.

You married?

• 24

KoolKell – Well…relaxation and comfort have been the Raider way so yes…maybe tension is what they need. Heres the key to all this…Offensive line.

Having T.O., Schilens, Miller and the RB crew make the offense decent on paper but if the QB doesn’t have time or the line cannot produce holes, its all crap.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

============================
    LMFAO…geez…you’re so lame…”emotional tension”??
    IT’S FOOTBALL, YOU SQUEAKY EXCUSE FOR A WOMAN…

Kelli: “OMG..he brings…gasp…EMOTIONAL TENSION”

• 30 year raider

# KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I think T.O. would damn sure hold Russell accountable.
    ——————————————————-
    couldt agree more TO would call him out as soon as one of jawalrus passes sailed high over the middle and got him lit up..

• 24

Andra Davis (MLB) got released by the Broncos today. I think this guy is a beast. I hope the Raiders go after him.

24- Hopefully Hue Jackson’s playcalling, perhaps a lot of play-action, won’t expose our weaknesses so much.

• 24

Well…we have really lacked in the playcalling department. I’m hoping Jackson can get it done properly. Theres talent on this offense, its just had too many changes and injuries.

• 24

This is what ESPN Insider says about Andra Davis. Also, hes 6’1 250lbs.

2009 Scouting Report – Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 62 | Key

Comment: Davis is a high-character, competitive player who brings excellent leadership. He is smart player who gets his teammates aligned and is quick to read the play, but his body often doesn’t react and respond as quickly as his mind. He is a fearless player and never hesitates to insert versus the run or lay into a receiver coming across the middle. However, Davis isn’t agile, quick or fast enough to make enough impact plays and upper-tier, pass-catching running backs and tight ends are more than he can handle.

He also has marginal size when taking on centers or guards in the run game and can be engulfed. He is too slow to shed and has average overall take-on power, especially as the game goes on because he is an older player with stamina concerns.

• buckeyeraider

This could be a make or break year for several young Raiders. Darren McFadden needs to step up and stay healthy, and prove he can be the feature back they envisioned when they drafted him #4 overall, before his career goes the way of Kijana Carter.
    Jamarcus needs to show up in shape, motivated and ready to prove he WANTS to be an NFL quarterback and not just a young millionaire. If he can’t beat out a scrappy journeyman like Grads, his days are numbered.
    Johnny Lee Higgins needs to get over the post Traumatic stress syndrome, or whatever ails him after getting his bell rung in week one. Two years ago the guy was the best punt returner in football, and an exciting, young up and coming slot receiver. Last year…Nada.
    These young guys all need to step up. I’m hoping for the best. We shall see.

• 30 year raider

# KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

it will need that fullback tho…i aint bulsyhtin here either. a great fb with an decent line can do wonders in buying mo time for the qb

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Reekochit,

You married?
    =================
    Wow..gosh…really?
    And I went down the Amazon on a 3 week trek…scuba dived all over the world…safari’s…hang gliding in Brazil…shall I go on?
    Does anyone CARE?? hell no…

Just like everyone else here who doesn’t decide to state the stupid crap you state…I mean…a balloon ride in africa? And WHY is that a big deal? it’s not..it’s the bargain basement trip…why act like you’re something special?
    I’ve done easily 10 times what I listed…as MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE ALSO HAVE..I’m not special because I went on vacation..they aren’t special because they went on vacation…and you’re one sad sorryass joke of a kept, unemployed loser thinking that going to Africa, of all places, means something ‘special’.

Let me ask you something…how did it feel going on your anniversary, knowing your wife paid for the whole thing, while you spent the time convincing her that when you get back, “my business will pick up”???

• 30 year raider

whats up buck??? gotta admit i like our moves esp. warren need, to rid ourselves of men who just cant produce. its just common sense

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Ok, seriously, Kelli..you should call your phone, and listen to your message.

Honestly…isn’t your first reaction “Do I REALLY sound like that?”

You do, dude..and I use the “dude” term lightly.

Reekofchit

I thought you visited my website, you saw the pix, no?

Btw, I had to get more passport pixs today. Mine expires next month, but I’ll need it for my trip to Copenhagen in July, for the Jazz Festival.

Buckeye

By the moves the Raiders have made so far it looks to me that the whole 2010 season is dependent on Hue Jackson.

• 24

Our team is currently made up of addition by subtraction but we really need to start filling the gaps with capable people. So far, the plan looks good in getting rid of the crap but theres still so much to do. There should be plenty of available players after the draft as well. I’m sure more people will get cut once they find younger talent.

• http://http://www.mensa.org/ Raiders Grief Counselor Albert Bigelow Paine

Kell, you don’t look that old.

• 30 year raider

378. 24 Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

couldnt agree any more were on the right track need to sign our free agents that we tendered contracts to and DRAFT SMART

Im not that old.

• buckeyeraider

Hey 30 Yr,
    How ya doin? They definitely seem to be doing some spring cleaning, that’s for sure. Seem to be getting rid of some overpaid and under performing players. No way they were going to pay that 5.9 million bonus. I thought if he would agree to restructure, warren might have been worth keeping as a pass rush specialist. He drove me crazy. He was maddeningly inconsistent. There were times you could see why he was taken 3rd overall. He could wreak havoc in the backfield. Other times he would just seem to disappear and teams would run at him all day.
    That seems to happen more at DT than any other position, guys’ motors run hot and cold. Ya know.

• http://http://www.mensa.org/ Raiders Grief Counselor Albert Bigelow Paine

From reading posts by all these clowns in here, I was under the impression that you were 65 or 70.

• 30 year raider

out of our 8 picks this draft at least 7 must make the team. 3 or 4 will probably have to start and produce at a somewhat high level for US to have any success… that is FACT

• Norco Bob

Old kell what do your adult grandkids think of you spending 12 hours on a blog?…odd behavior to say the least.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Reekofchit

I thought you visited my website, you saw the pix, no?

===========================
    Are you stupid? Seriously, old man…is dementia setting in? I clearly stated that NO ONE HERE, EXCEPT YOU, THINKS POSTING VACATION INFO MAKES YOU ‘SPECIAL’..and obviously that escaped you.

You know I saw that sorry joke of a page..I reamed you for how amateurish, unprofessional, and pathetic it was.

And it is.

I DARE ANYONE TO STATE OTHERWISE..seriously, it’s like your this little insecure child posting a show and tell for kindergarten.

“this IS THE TOP OF MY HEAD IN THAT PICTURE”.
    wtf??? You see nothing wrong with that? It’s asinine.

And “I’m driving the coolest red corvette”..again..WTF???

That’s not a corvette..and all you can see is a 8″..as in INCH patch of a car that could be a Saturn..so again, you sorry joke, why post the corvette bit?
    Why post a pic OF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD?? it’s hokey, it’s amateurish..AND IT’S UNPROFESSIONAL. And vacation pics ON A BUSINESS WEB SITE?

You don’t get it, do you?

It’s NOT a business web page..it’s you, in a desperate attempt to not feel like a loser, so you actually post that stupid crap.

And honestly? those are HORRIBLE PICS..I mean…was the camera person retarded? Ugly pics..out of focus..not centered..no details..the work of an idiot.

You don’t get it..which makes you honestly dumber than cotton.

Doofus

Don’t have any kids or grandkids.

But why don’t you mind your own business?

Nah Reekochit

I’m shyttyn in high cotton.

• Norco Bob

Brians mad at me for this, but I want Campbell at 8,…I think hes the next Ogden,..print that kids.

• Norco Bob

Sorry old kell,..my bad,..just assumed a dude your age would have both,…innocent mistake.

Reekoshyt

That picture of me in my Corvette driving the President of the Alameda Association of Realtors was taken by the Alameda Journal, asswipe. ;-)

• 30 year raider

buckeyeraider Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Hey 30 Yr,
    =======================================================
    you said something that i just got done talking to my buddy about earlier at work-he also is a diehard RAIDER.. HAVOC WREAKER thats what we need someone who can wreak some freggin HAVOC there goona give desmond bryant a shot hes pretty strong & quick i dont know if hes the answer only time will tell.. but we need someone who can put pressure in the backield when that ball is snapped..

Doofus

No problem, as dumb as you are, I imagine you make a lot of mistakes.

• buckeyeraider

Bingo Kell,
    There is a lot riding on Hue Jackson this year. If he can get some of this young talent to play up to it’s potential, he’s going to be a hero. And probably a head coach, if not in Oakland, somewhere. Make no mistake, there are a lot of young talented skill players on offense. Most haven’t even begun to tap their potential. I mentioned Russell, DMac and JLH. You can add Bush, Murphy, DHB, and some we’ve only seen a brief glimpse of like the TE Meyers and FB Marcel Reese.
    I think that’s why he may have chosen to come to Oakland instead of going to Chicago and Jay Cutler.
    Now, it’s time to fix the damn line, and help the young skill players showcase their talents.

Reekochit

Do you have any professional photo’s of yourself or your website to share. That way, I could figure out your expertise.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Reekoshyt

=============
    Liar.
    First off…it’s the TOP OF SOMEONE’S HEAD, you moron.

No face…nothing…AND NO CAR EITHER, YOU DUMBASS.

It’s the top of a head, where you say “that’s me..driving a corvette”

You don’t see how ignorant it is to put a picture that only shows the top of someone’s/anyone’s head, and saying “that’s me” ON A BUSINESS PAGE??

There is NO PIC OF ANY CAR..but you state “oh, and I’m driving a really cool corvette”..even THOUGH THERE IS NO CAR IN THE PICTURE???

Honestly, how is it you are this slow?

• Norco Bob

Iv made a few old timer….by the way dude,..I will take you on any day of the week, your Vette vs my gt mustang,…on 237…shall we? Milpitas to Moffett,..word.

• Norco Bob

Old kell,..why not ask me about my facebook page, or twitter,..or my myspace page….linkedin…want that info bro?

Yeah, with the same cast, it’s going to be up to Hue Jackson. I’m hoping he’s allowed to run a lot run and play-action to maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses: passing game.

• 30 year raider

how many games did we blow last year that we could have won????