Russell gets with the program

JaMarcus Russell is on site and particpating in the Raiders’ offseason program, the club confirmed without any other comment.

The Raiders have no plans to make Russell available to the media, so there won’t be any opportunity to see if the weight loss alluded to be director of player development Willie Brown is obvious to a casual observer.

Regardless, the Russell story will play out over a protracted period of time and probably won’t get really interesting until he is first viewed in public setting during the first open minicamp.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Steve..Priest calls EVERYONE a hater who disagrees with him about JR, and Al.
    Without fail.

He won’t discuss logic. He’s a waste of time, honestly.

Players KNOW TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS..those that do speak up? Are almost always the top players on the team, and are comfortable in their position to actually even state mild observations…most wisely just state “no comment” or will blow smoke..because that’s the smart thing to do.

You don’t diss other players…if you do…actually CALL OUT A PLAYER? You’ll hear about it, from many sources.

When JR made his “I’m happy with my play. It’s the WR’s who aren’t where they’re supposed to be”???

Dumbest thing you can do is throw others under the bus…

Anyone here who thinks the team is behind JR isn’t all that bright..he’s done nothing to warrant their support.
    HE MAKES MORE THAN HALF THE TEAM COMBINED..yet he’s the laziest guy on the team..AND SOME OF YOU THINK THE PLAYERS JUST GIVE HIM A PASS????

They don’t..would you?

Would any of you give a fellow employee who’s holding the organization back, who’s making more than any of you, who’s putting in the least effort? HELL NO…and don’t say you would..because if you do..you’re lying.

• priesttj

Stevie, give it a rest dude it’s getting boring. You think Grads is great……so be it…whatever!

He said she said, you’re worse than a broad………period

• SteveAlford21

Priest, you’re a retard. I never said that Gradkowski is great. I said that he performed better than JR and that we have a better chance to win with Gradkowski than with the ’07-’09 version of JaMarcus. I have continually said that I want an upgrade over Gradkowski, but until JR shows that he’s capable of fulfilling his potential, I pick Gradkowski to start.

Keep lying about what I’ve said, though… it really helps your case. (that’s sarcasm, in case you couldn’t tell)

Tell Al that I said hi when you have lunch with him tomorrow.

• SteveAlford21

Priest,

That’s the thing… I’ve never said that Grads was great or that he was the future of the franchise or that we should give him the reigns for good. I have simply said that he was better than Russell last year and that until JR improves or we get a legit starter, then Grads is the man. Somehow, you think that saying he was better than JR is saying that Grads is the man.

Either you’re disingenuous, you’re a liar, or you’re an idiot who can’t tell the difference between what I said and what you say I said.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Priesttj,

I agree about the limitations with Gradkowski and FRye. Agree 100%

Those two are stop gap guys at best…not capable of everyday starters.

So let’s hope JaDavis and Hue Jackson can get it together because the Raiders need more playmakers

Richochet,

I agree with you that the need for a “Mentor” or “Minder” is unfortunate and isn’t afforded to too many people. But those contract values demand it. And yes, DHB should be made to live next door to Branch or someone

• SteveAlford21

Lol @ Priest ignoring the content of what was said and saying it’s “he said, she said” and “you’re worse than a broad” rather than actually trying to deal with what I said. Good job trying to run away from the statement and divert attention and shift the focus to something other than you being called out for ignoring facts and resorting to namecalling rather than having a valid argument. You’re too easy. Damn, I wish there was a way to ignore users on here… you always draw me into your petty little spats. Have a good night, liar and logical fallacist… I’m headed off.

• Seymour Bush

March 17th, 2010 at 12:14 am

You’re SUCH A LIAR.
    ======================================

YOU CALL EVERYONE A LIAR!

Here, here’s what lying is:
    March 12th, 2010 at 10:42 am
    March 12th, 2010 at 2:35 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 3:51 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 6:17 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 6:21 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 6:24 pm
    =========================================

Here is a guy who claims to run his own business yet on a Friday, he is here THE ENTIRE DAY, trolling arguing with others. Son, I told you, I retired at 26, and I still can’t come in here and troll all day. You don’t run your own business. You live in your mom’s basement.

• Seymour Bush

March 17th, 2010 at 12:14 am

You’re SUCH A LIAR.
    ====================================

you call everyone a liar. Here is what a liar is:

March 16th, 2010 at 10:06 am

March 12th, 2010 at 2:35 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 3:51 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 6:17 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 6:21 pm
    March 12th, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Richochet Says:

More importantly, Kelli…who was business today?

I stop in early..you’re on here.
    I leave..come back hours later, you’re STILL on here..

Leave again..and stop in briefly now..and YOU’RE STILL ON HERE.
    ====================================================

So, on a Friday, when you own your own business, you are here, ALL DAY TROLLING. Somehow, I don’t believe you. And I had a public corporation when I was 26. And I had a hit band. Prove those things wrong you asswipe!

• http://www.myspace.com/copenhagenguns Copenhagen_Fan

Racko…Instead of hanging out here and trying to drum up some attention for yourself and build your low self esteem why don’t you use your time more wisely and go on a dating site and bone some chicks?

• http://www.myspace.com/copenhagenguns Copenhagen_Fan

Priest- I agree with you that JaMarcus has all the talent in the world. We all know that. That’s why he was the number one pick and gets paid millions of dollars.

The key factor is, what is he going to do to get it together. Ok, he’s lost some weight. Good start, but isn’t this a prerequisite for playing in the NFL? Being in shape is like a bare minimum.

We all know he has more talent the Garbagekowski and Frye. But it is immaterial until he does the work that is necessary.

• http://www.myspace.com/copenhagenguns Copenhagen_Fan

In addition, it’s not the responsibility of the fans to BELIEVE in JaMarcus. It’s HIS responsibility to show us that we have a reason to believe in him.

• Nnamdi21

Dikochet and Mistabrown nose are Republicans. You can tell by how angry they are at the world for not being as “great” as they are.

• Nnamdi21

I’ve still got Russell’s back. Always have. I can think of one or two times I’ve been down on him, but for the most part, I’m thinkin he’s going to be good when he finally gets it together.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

GOOD MORNING SPORT’S FAN’S,HOPEFULLY RUSSELL HAS TURNED THE CORNER,I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT,I HAVE BEEN DOWN ON THE GUY 4 THE PAST YEAR.4 THE SAKE OF THE MAN HIMSELF, THE RAIDER ORGANISATION AND THE FANBASE I HOPE HE HAS GOT HIS HEAD STRAIGHT..

• hwnrdr

Good Morning Nation!!!
    Hmmm…a corporation owner at 26 and still uses internet blogs to call people asswipes? Shaking my head at that one, but…moving on!
    So, with JaMarcus in improved shape and condition (according to an article in Contra Costa Times)…does he automatically get the start again?

Just substitute mistabrOwn. But don’t worry you guys, I am oakglen, and debo, and Vegas Raider, and Real maddenRaider and KoolKell and RaiderRockstar

***

Sey Bush: whats up man?

just curious. why would you lump Vegas & I in with that crowd?

not cool …

ATTENTION JERRY MCDONALD

YOUR BLOG IS A HORROR SHOW JUST LIKE ALS QB

***

LOL @ Plunketthead!

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

ACCORDING TO JERRY,THE RAIDER’S WILL NOT MAKE MR.RUSSELL AVAILABLE 2 THE LOCAL MEDIA.IF HE IS IN SUCH GOOD SHAPE,SEEMS 2 ME THE ORGANISATION WOULD BE TAKING EVERY OPPERTUNITY TO SHOW THE PUBLIC..

good morning AM crew!

Bills signed DT Dwan Edwards & MLB Andra Davis yesterday.

2 more players off the market who could have helped us in terms of run support

I sure hope we draft somebody to replace Warren!

FB Tony Richardson re-signed with the Jets too.

is our solution to the FB position really Lawton/Reece?

*puke*

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

GOOD DAY ROCKSTAR,IS THERE A “LITTLE-ROCKSTAR”ON THE WAY YET ?

• hwnrdr

You would think, right Dirt Lot? I’m kind of anxious to see that though. I mean, just because someone is in shape, it doesn’t help his accuracy….just saying…

not yet Dirt Lot.

we must be drinking from the wrong water fountains at work or something!

hopefully soon

• NoMoreFargas

Wow only took Russell four seasons to get serious about working out oh well still quicker than Shaq, what is this year 17 for Diesel and he still never works hard.

just because someone is in shape, it doesn’t help his accuracy

***

good point Hwnrdr. Agreed

who was helping JR work on his mechanics during the offseason?

Hackett, Tollner, Jackson, former safety Eddie Anderson? Danny Southwick?

I would have taken Shaq Diesel at QB over JaWalrus last year!

does he automatically get the start again?

***

not if his coaches & teammates can help it!

but you know the 81 year old owner still calls the shots around here

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

TRADE DMAC 4 SHAQ-FU !!

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

THERE WILL BE “OPEN” COMPETITION 4 THE #1 QB SPOT AND RUSSELL WILL WIN. NOW CARRY ON. SIGNED; AL DAVIS

• http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/the408RAIDER/749px-I-420svg.png 408RAIDER

Morning Nation!

Go JaMarcus!

In honor of the 44th President of the United States , Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream has introduced a new flavor: ” Barocky Road .”

Barocky Road is a blend of half vanilla, half chocolate, and surrounded by nuts and flakes. The vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient. The nuts and flakes are all very bitter and hard to swallow.

The cost is $100.00 per scoop.

When purchased it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but after you pay for it, the ice cream is taken away and given to the person in line behind you at no charge.

You are left with an empty wallet and no change, holding an empty cone with no hope of getting any ice cream.

Are you stimulated?

• hwnrdr

I hope Warner was there with him helping him with his mechanics…oh well…I just thought that since he was in AZ…
    Wait, oh yeah…wasn’t he photographed coming out of a burger joint while getting in shape? Like I always said…round is a shape…

Kurt Warner? help JaMarcus?

Hwnrdr: JR is one of the best starting QB’s in the league already. Just ask Jhill, Debo or Priesttj!

Bruce & Charlie are scrubs. They’ll never be able to challenge JR for the starting job. He’s just that gifted. you know “the chosen one”

who farted?

this place cleared out fast!

• LA to TheBay

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 17th, 2010 at 7:18 am
    who farted?

this place cleared out fast!
    ———————————-

My bad, RRS. Those LA roach coach burritos…..

• LA to TheBay

Russell I guess is trying, but it’s gonna take a lot more than that to convince me he’s ready to play NFL football.

Dropping a few pounds can have you feeling better in both mind and body, but a serious commitment has to be made.

His immaturaty was astounding.

It’s going to be a long road for JaMarcus.

He’ll have to put in work and earn the respect of his teammates.

Gradkowski is his worst enemy right now. Late round draft pick who plays for (relative) peanuts – granted more now since his tender – and motivated and hungry (the good hungry).

• LA to TheBay

immaturity?

• hwnrdr

I’m still here…

• http://www.ralphlicciardi.com/images/ibew.gif r8eray

Good Morning Nation!

• hwnrdr

Ok, now I’m outta here…got work to finish!
    Have a good St.Patty’s Day everyone!!!

whats up LA to TheBay ?

roach coach burritos are the best!

I agree with your comments on Russell. the only good things we can say about the kid are hope & potential

his play on the field has been atrocious the past 3 seasons. diet & exercise for a few weeks or months doesn’t change what he’s done (or not done) in games up to this point

• http://www.ralphlicciardi.com/images/ibew.gif r8eray

LA to TheBay Says:
    March 17th, 2010 at 7:20 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 17th, 2010 at 7:18 am
    who farted?

this place cleared out fast!
    ———————————-

My bad, RRS. Those LA roach coach burritos…..
    ___________________________________________________

Stay away from the ones on Pico!

Have a good St.Patty’s Day everyone!!!

***

you too man. how about some cornbeef & cabbage?

• CJ Legend 34

I found an undercover video of Russel after practice. He looks great!!! He lost so much weight that his large diamond $500K earings look smaller.

Bush on the trade block? nevermind. cut Fargas

Fargas visits KC. they sign Thomas Jones

Fargas visits Cleveland. they trade for Peyton Hillis

Fargas visits Philly. they sign RFA Mike Bell

if “crash test dummy” is or was the best RB in Oakland why can’t he find work?

Cornell Green (Bills) & Jon Alston (Bucs) found new teams, but Justin Fargas can’t?

Kate Longworth has “Raider speed”

New Raiders ILB Kamerion Wimbley was at team headquarters today, picked No. 96 for a jersey.

-David White (twitter)

***

hopefully thats a typo! Wimbley at MLB? *puke*

#96 sounds like a DE

• http://www.ralphlicciardi.com/images/ibew.gif r8eray

We are changing to a 3-4 D!

you think so ray?

• http://www.ralphlicciardi.com/images/ibew.gif r8eray

Somethin fishy around here! We still have Kirk, Thomas, and now Wimbley!!