Cartwright signing official

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 at 2:13 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders confirmed the signing of running back Rock Cartwright Wednesday on their Web site, adding depth to a thin corps of running backs.

Cartwright was at the facility and will participate in the minicamp this weekend. The Raiders are looking for a third running back to team with Darren McFadden and Michael Bush after cutting Justin Fargas in the offseason. Cartwright has extensive fill-in duty as a member of the Washington Redskins.

# The Return of Godliness Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

You know I use to hate rod due to the 49er thing…but damn she shows all the time he gratitude towards Al…he gets a reprieve from me
    *********************

Dammit meant to say HE…not SHE anymore…49er days are over

3.7%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trade the spider-legged kid.

• Damn They Suck

LMAO @ 645

# Raider Dell Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Brie

I know we can’t agree on everything, but I believe Henderson is out of gas. I read some reports from Jacksonville, and comments from fans and his play has dropped off considerably.

Do you believe in a second, that Jacksonville would waive him if he could still play. He has been double teamed, beat up, and played at a high level for so long.

His time has ended to be a dominant DT. If he comes cheap, and he joins the Raiders, he should be limited to a handful of snaps per game. I would like to see a younger DT get his snaps and roll with his unknown play, instead of carring a broken down DT.
    ****************************************

His play dropped when Stroud left…..so maybe change of scenery can help him…Remember Bmore dropping Sam Adams then he came here and did well

• SteveAlford21

Brian,

Get Bob to give you my email so you can send pics or anything if you get a new scoop or somethin. ;)

Bob said he has to check on a few things to see if it’s all good for me to come to the home opener, but if it isn’t, I’ll be out there ASAP after that and we’ll live it up, bro. Hopefully the home opener will work out, though… can’t fukkin wait, bro! Go Raiders!

# Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

3.7%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trade the spider-legged kid.
    ***********************

Naw we keep him he gets 10 total TDs this year..we kick arse………..BAUCE!

• DKnight007

AIG and GODLI,

Did Corkran say he heard the Raiders will make a serious play for Big John or did he say he think they will make a play IF he doesn’t sign with New York??

# SteveAlford21 Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Brian,

***************************

Fa sho, If I get anything I got no prob Steve…..your constant torching of MR is grandeur and highly respected by me

# DKnight007 Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

AIG and GODLI,

***********************

IF he doesnt…..damn i want to beat NY to the punch

# aig Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

If Al wants to fire up the Raider fan on game day, all he has to do is sign Big John. Then show it live on the trumbotron the moment big John get slapped by the Trainer. That should fire people up. I would love to see that.
    **************************

Henderson can revive himself here…alot of good things happening these days and f@ggots like MR and PEDOchet hate it

• The Return of Godliness

Who is getting a number 55 jersey? RoMac the next Millen for us………….BAUCE!!

• Seymour Bush

Wacky-sheeit is a bona fide liar, who can’t stop lying. No reason to engage in his BS.

• aig

DK,

I have not emailed Corkran on this issue. I will let Briannn answers it.

• SteveAlford21

Well, I just do what I do, ya know? If it ends up with someone bein put in their place… when they never even knew that it was theirs or maybe thought they should’ve been higher… well, them’s the breaks. I speak the truth and if he doesn’t like it, that’s on him; he can take it how he wants and cry or scream… no skin off my nose.

• DKnight007

Man, Raiders should be talking to his Big Johns agent right now telling him to not sign until he talk to the Raiders about contract #’s…

# Seymour Bush Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:44 pm

****************************

Why not? Did you not see the whippin I just gave him? I think HR is about to be called lol

• Raider Dell

Bri@n

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I remember Sam Adams and he was limited also. His play was good, but not great, but at the time filled a need.

I’m just commenting B, that Henderson was not waived due to salary, it was his production on the field. Have you noticed no other teams have jumped in and signed him. You could give reasons why to no team has signed him. The draft is over and if a team needed to fill a need at DT you would have thought, he would have been called to visit or signed by now.

I’m just saying he is not the player he was, we need a player who can compete on a high level to play along side of Kelly.

# aig Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

DK,

I have not emailed Corkran on this issue. I will let Briannn answers it.
    **********************

Well he just replied to the Hendu question…..and I also expressed what I’d like the dline to look like especially the ends

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Don’t worry Br1en, I have a list of the foolish McFadden haters, and we will make them pay after McFadden breaks out in 2010 now that fargas is gone and we have a decent OC, a QB too keep the D honest and hopefully a blocking FB.

Those weenies are shaking in their boots because they can feel that it is McFadden’s time!

Yeah baby!

# Raider Dell Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Bri@n

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

************************************

I understand your concerns and agree with you, but with fat Sam we could stop the run last…….John play slipped but playing with a new team and scheme may change….also NY wants him as does KC…teams will go after this guy

• Senior Beeecham

Hey Brian the Genital – that was HILARIOUS the other day when your dad came into the blog and started yapping like his dad Krappy.

Man, you can totally see how the “nutty” gene runs wild in your wacky old family!

So does your pappy also soil his drawers at an inhuman rate? You must have your hands full changing two sets of old goat diapers, huh?

But like I always tell you, Brian – you can’t choose your family. But you CAN choose a more absorbent brand of Pamper.

Think about that one, Genital!

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Dell!

You liked that McFadden rationale? Are you still on the McFadden bandwagon or should I add you to the list of traitors?

# DKnight007 Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

*****************************

You damn right!!!

• Seymour Bush

# The Return of Godliness Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

# Seymour Bush Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:44 pm

****************************

============================================

haha. Nice. Here is a breakdown of wacky-sheeits life: Come here on blog and get humiliated. Go to Hooters, get humiliated by the wait staff. Leave, drive one mile home, get humiliated by wife, and then humiliated by kids. Pass out on couch. Next day: repeat.

# SteveAlford21 Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

***********************

LOL yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh…got ya bruh

• aig

Well Dakota,

for the sake of the Raiders, I hope that Dmac, JR, and Cable are all successful and have a great year. Or else we start back at square 1 and I think most of us dont want to do that. I sincerely hope DMAC is going to be good but I have my doubts.

# Dakota Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Yeah baby!
    ***********************

Yes mullet man i agree

# Senior Beeecham Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Think about that one, Genital!
    ******************************

Pitiful Beecher…just pitiful….I give scoops….what do you contribute to this blog?………..jury has come in with the verdict….

• aig

With vets like big John we can get 1 or 2 serviceble years. I’m all for that.

# Seymour Bush Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:49 pm

# The Return of Godliness Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

# Seymour Bush Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:44 pm

****************************

============================================

*************************

Come on, that guy cant deal with me all he can do is lie…Al Davis is stubborn but so what? He is GOD!

# aig Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:52 pm

With vets like big John we can get 1 or 2 serviceble years. I’m all for that.
    ******************************

2010 is my concern maybe Kellen Heard can learn and be ready when we let go of John or he retires

• The Return of Godliness

Beecher…you cant fuk with me bruh…………Keep trying. I’m validated on this blog and in the Bay Area period. Everyone knows I’m a real Raider…..you?

• The Return of Godliness

anyways i gotta run…ill be by jack london tonight…may see someone else lol….JUST WIN guys…this is our year!!!

• Raider Dell

Dakota Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:49 pm
    Dell!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dakota,

My dear son. I will never doubt your reasons for hanging with DMAC, nor should you mine.

I will stand along side you and equally defend DMAC, until we decide he is a BUST!

The right situation will soon be played out. I have hope for DMAC dut to Hue Jacksons ability to trust his RB’S.

He Jackson, took McClain and in 08 was a RB in a system that produced great yards and running game. Then Ray Rice last year, we saw that incredible talent come through also.

I believe Jackson will place DMAC in the right position to create plays, I just hope he gets that chance.

• SteveAlford21

Brian,

You weren’t here for the most recent breakdown of RMR. I tricked him into admitting that he’s just a troll, coming here for attention and drama… that he’s not a Raiders fan… and that he USED TO BE, but he’s a bandwagon fairweather fan.

Then, after tricking him into admitting it, I threw it back in his face, so he’s been backpedaling ever since, trying to play it off and acting like he’s always made it known that he’s not a fan and that he has always been on the level. He’s been doing so much damage-control that it’s hilarious in its futility. I have actually turned the corner and begun to pity him more than I do Kell and TJ.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

By Rick Maese
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, December 31, 2009

Zorn has worked more closely with Campbell than perhaps anyone since the quarterback was drafted. And though he didn’t want to bestow the “franchise” label on Campbell, Zorn has noticed plenty of progress in the past two seasons.

“He showed this year, he can turn a receiver down, really read a coverage, read a progression and get the ball to the right guy,” Zorn said. “I don’t think he’s been as stuck on just a single receiver like he was in the first year.”

Others note that some of Campbell’s most impressive qualities can’t be found on the stat sheet. Campbell has endured a season playing behind a patchwork offensive line. The team’s playbook has been limited and all but eliminated most five- and seven-step drops. He’s led an offense that’s cycled through four starting running backs and rarely established much of a running game. He lost his favorite receiving target — injured tight end Chris Cooley — and had to break in young teammates Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelly.

“The difference I see with Jason and everybody else, a lot of quarterbacks aren’t going to take the stuff that he’s taking every week,” wide receiver Santana Moss said. “They either going to say something to those guys in front of him or they going to say something upstairs . . . but he just shut his mouth every week and went out there and played football, dealing with the circumstances. And that’s hard. That’s hard for me to even sometimes look at because I’d be wanting to talk or say something for him.”

• Damn They Suck

It’s my understanding that Hue Jackson is going to be the passing game coordinator only…did i miss something?

• Senior Beeecham

HAHAHA!

Brian the Genital, did you just say you are “validated” on the blog? Can I check your validation card, please? Or did Jerry ink some kind of secret cool Raider blogger code on your forehead?

Man, you’ve said some pretty awesomely lame things on this blog, Brian, but this might take the cake!

So when is your dad coming back on the blog? I’d love to hear some more precious family memories from the old dog!

EEEEEHAAAAAWWWWW!

• Raider Dell

Senior Beecham

I;m vacationing in Hawaii in a week. Do you have any hot places for me to visit. My main destination is Kuai.

I’m a old guy to, maybe you can help me out.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Hells bells Dell.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Raider Dell Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:55 pm
    Dakota Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:49 pm
    Dell!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dakota,

++++++++++++++++

That’s what I am talkin’ about!

• Seymour Bush

# Damn They Suck Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 2:58 pm

===================================================

Since Cable has been working the Oline blocking schemes since the day he got here, there is no doubt he is going to have some say as to how the run games develops and works and the offense as a whole.

• Seymour Bush

This just in: Jacoby Ford is ridiculously fast, has great hands and understands the game. Bye Bye Chokie Lee!

• Raider Dell

Dakota,

Thanks, I’m ready for some R&R.

Let’s hope Hue Jackson has control of the offensive scheme, run and pass.

I will send out a Hells Bells later, give it a check.

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

R-Dell,

Hit up Tunnels Beach, near the end of the road and Hanalei Bay. Best spots on the island! I got family there, been going for years. If you have time, I recommend a visit to the Big Island as well.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Ahhhh Hawaii! Maui. kaanapali beach. Captain Morgan. Moonlight. Lexiiiiiiii.

Oh good times…

• Damn They Suck

It just seems that most here think that Hue Jackson will have say over the run game and i just dont see that happening…wish I were wrong….dont want Cable to spread himself too thin like last year, wearing too many hats….that is one of the few times you will ever hear Cable and thin in the same sentence…LOL.

• http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1373alcoholism-helps-you-forget-other-problems.jpg Lynn from Snot

Computer illiterate

• Raider Dell

Dakota,
    Spiced Rum or the Captain Morgan Tatoo or 100 proof.

What shall I toast in your honor.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Damn They Suck Says:
    April 29th, 2010 at 3:12 pm
    +++++++++++++

So you think Jackson gave up a job with Baltimore and turned down the Bears for their OC position so that he could come here and give Cable suggestions on plays?

I don’t think so.

He is our OC and he damned well better be calling ALL of the plays, otherwise we are just as screwed in 2010 as we were under Cable in 2008 and 2009.