Pre-minicamp notes

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, April 29th, 2010 at 4:26 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders hold their mandatory minicamp starting Friday with practices at 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. the first two days and a single session at 11:15 a.m. on Sunday.

There is no confirmation on the signing of undrafted free agents, and as far as anyone can tell, the company line given by coach Tom Cable that JaMarcus Russell would compete in minicamp after the acquisition of Jason Campbell hasn’t changed.

Last year, when Derrick Burgess reported to minicamp but was angling for a trade, the team said he missed workouts because of the “stomach flu.”

Last season’s mandatory camp had some early warning signs of what was to come as Darrius Heyward-Bey had trouble holding the ball and ended the weekend with a hamstring strain, second-round Mike Mitchell also had a hamstring pull. Russell struggled to complete even the most routine pass routes.

During the first minicamp practice, there were 10 fumbled exchanges on center snaps.

The camps are “non-contact,” with no tackling or full-on blocking. It’s most choreography, teaching footwork and timing.

EXTRA POINTS: It appears Rock Cartwright is serious about being the new Justin Fargas. He was issued No. 25. Still no number given to Jason Campbell, who may be negotiating with Jonathan Holland for No. 17. (UPDATE: The roster on Raiders.com has been updated with Campbell wearing No. 8 ) . . . Holland is back at wide receiver after moving to cornerback last year . . . locker rooms are not open during minicamps and it remains to be seen who will and will not be made available following practice sessions. The Raiders usually bring rookie draft picks into the media room on the first day of minicamp, a practice that precludes the possibility of talking to certain veterans . . . got a mobile Twitter feed up and running Thursday and the plan is to post updates from the field . . . players began arriving Thursday for medical checks.

• http://atm Raider O

CMON Man!!!!

Minorities are treated like crap in this country!! I say it’s our country too, so let’s take what’s ours, and force Whiter to play nice or we will treat him like he treated us!!!

• SteveAlford21

Jhill,

Young black girls usually aren’t here illegally. There are channels through which one can go to get here. If you have to “hide” what you’re doing when you come to this country, then you KNOW that it’s wrong. I am in favor of deporting every illegal and lining the border with stations where they can obtain information about LEGALLY coming to this country. If they choose to come illegally again, ship them to antarctica and let them try to make THAT trip back.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Liberia…my bad

Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:53 am
    Dakota,

When was the last time you were checked 7 times in an airport?!

When was the last time police stopes you because you were driving a nice car, so they thought you were a drug dealer?!

When was the last time you were stopped because the police think you are illegal immigrant.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Perhaps you immigrants shoud form a UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!

• http://atm Raider O

Dakota,

LMAO!! Lyberia!!

Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:56 am
    CMON Man!!!!

Minorities are treated like crap in this country!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How do they treat non-Muslim immigrants in Jordan? Or Saudi Arabia?

• jhill

Yo Nate …

The most popular player on the team is always the backup QB!

Everyone LOVED Russell when McClown was starting!

We also LOVED Culpepper.

Wanted Kerry Collins, then couldn’t wait to see Tui and Walter, lol.

Best thing that could happen for a guy like Bruce Gradkowski is to remain the #2 guy. He will never get more love.

• inonewordraider

I’ve seen a lot of statistics showing that what illegal immigrants pay in taxes and social sec without getting social sec benefits outweighs the costs taxpayers inccur for schooling of immigrant children and emergency room visits which is a major reason why states don’t enforce already in place strict immigration laws. The law will be struck down for being unconstitutional as it was just a political ploy to satisfy consertative constituents who applaud such a hard-line stance. GO RAIDERS!

• http://Raiders.com RaiderTW

Dakota Says:
    Hey TW, I thought you had moved to Cuba or something….long time, no see.
    ——–

I got kicked out for being an illegal alien.
    It’s funny, I’m dating a woman from Liberia.

• jhill

Steve,

I wonder if the Native Americans feel that “Chris Columbus” (I know, I know, but roll with me) and the rest of the funky bunch were here illegally?

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# Dakota Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:56 am

Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:53 am
    Dakota,

When was the last time you were checked 7 times in an airport?!

++++++++++++++++

On my last trip to Lyberia.
    _______________________________________________________

on you last trip to the library?

Woman: How did you get interested in conceptual art?

Tyrone: I was living with a white woman, much like yourself, and her husband died. He had many paintbrushes and sets of glue about the house.

Man #1: Tyrone, now everyone here knows that you’re most famous for writing “Kill My Landlord.” Do you suppose that you could recite that for us?

Tyrone: No! Shut up! I will recite my latest poem that I wrote about you bougie white trash scum. It’s called “I Hate White People” by Tyrone Green.

I hate the sunlight and I hate the night.
    I hate white people because they is white.
    Their hair is wavy, their lips is thin,
    But worse than white women, I hate white men.
    Walking around with briefcase and money,
    Bust they head open, my ain’t that funny?
    Not out of anger and not out of spite.
    I just hate whitey because they is white.
    W-I-T-E people.

• http://atm Raider O

Bo,

They treat immigrants very well. I was an immigrant in Saudi and Jordan!!

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

You dont need to be profiled to be harassed at the airport. I am a whitey, but somehow my name is on “the list”. I think some IRA member must share the same name as me. Everytime I fly, I gotta get in a special line, where they check my birthday and call some shady government office to get clearance, then they always search my checked bags.

• jhill

Young black girls usually aren’t here illegally.

——————————————————-

And I’m sure some would argue that the black population in America is what it is because of some, eh hum … Illegal acts by “chris and the funky bunch”, lol!

• http://Raiders.com RaiderTW

on you last trip to the library?
    ——-
    Silly LMN, Dakota doesn’t know what a library is. Ask him if he knows what a liberry is.lol

• jhill

Raider O,

I have to say that I have NEVER been a victim of racial profiling …. I think.

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:59 am

Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:56 am
    CMON Man!!!!

Minorities are treated like crap in this country!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How do they treat non-Muslim immigrants in Jordan? Or Saudi Arabia?
    _______________________________________________________

EXACTLY!!! you just proved a great point, you are EXACTLY like Jordan or Saudi Arabia… must be great to be 3rd world country…

• inonewordraider

Getting too political but this country is made up of immigrants so your ancestors down to you should be deported and I think your threatened by how much harder an immigrant works than you. Ever see an immigrant beg for change?

you immigrants

***

HAHA!

BSJ took “YOU PEOPLE” to a whole new level …

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# RaiderTW Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 9:04 am

on you last trip to the library?
    ——-
    _______________________________________________________

you mean the Lieberry? the one on zinamon striet?

• Plunketthead

ARIZONA JUST TEXTED YOU

We just want the feds to protect our borders and enforce their immigration laws.

Law abiding citizens cannot live with law breakers

PS Dont be a drama queen. It looks unmanly

• http://atm Raider O

Bo,

I lived there in those 2 counties for 15 years, and I was treated very well and so were my non Muslim friends.

Nice try!

LMN, keep up with this analogy…how is the US EXACTLY like Saudi Arabia? Please include reference to women’s rights, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, habeas corpus, etc.

Raider O, are you seriously contending that if a white jew moved to Saudi Arabia or Jordan they would not be racially profiled?

• http://atm Raider O

Jhill,

LMAO

Raider O: would Jordan or Saudi Arabia named JaMarcus Russell “King Elexis” or give him $32 million guaranteed ???

Would they hire a babysitter for him during the offseason?

Would they cut him after 3 awful seasons ala Ryan Leaf?

• http://atm Raider O

Bo,

I can tell than you never been there, or even close to that area. Ask Dakota, and he will tell you.

We have no problems with Whites, Blacks, etc… There Arab counties in Africa and Asia, so race is not an issue for us.

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

I believe he would be “Sultan Elexis” in Saudia Arabia, and yes of course they would cut him.

• inonewordraider

Reagan passed immigration laws that are in place that fines employers 1,000 per employee 5,000 for a 2nd offense. Immigrants won’t come if they no there’s no work but the laws aren’t enforced because immigrants are too beneficial to the economy, so learn to love em

• M Lonetree

the U.S. guv’mint (mostly white guys along with a funny-looking brown man) is “shocked, shocked I say!” that BP employees (white guys) lied to them about the extent of the oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico.

There are plenty of shorebirds, crustaceans, cetaceans and and marine reptiles that are ready to unite against whitey.

• SteveAlford21

Jhill,

(Speaking of the first settlers here, not Columbus,since he never set foot on American soil)

Absolutely, those early settlers (the Pilgrims) were here illegally! The Native Americans should have run those crazy religious lunatic zealot bastards right back into the atlantic from whence they came. If Europe kicked them out, then the Native Americans should have done likewise.

Before them, we had the Roanoke colony… I believe the Natives handled that situation just fine: Become one of us or die. That’s my kind of xenophobia, right there!

• http://atm Raider O

Preppie,

I’m talking about Racial Profiling!! You inor based on Race, so try to keep up, and don’t mix religion and race. 2 different things, and they are 2 different issues.

Keep that up, and I will start calling you Preppie Monkey! lol

• 1960AutumnWind

Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:59 am
    Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:56 am
    CMON Man!!!!

Minorities are treated like crap in this country!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How do they treat non-Muslim immigrants in Jordan? Or Saudi Arabia?
    ***********************************************
    Bo

I am really sorry to be so harsh but this was one of the most ignorant posts of all time!! If you are caught talking about Christianity in these countries you will go to Jail – for a long time and the jails there are not as good as the ones here. Maybe you should look up a website like voice of the Martyrs and get some perspective. You have no idea what treating immigrants bad is all about!

To be able to ask someone for proof of citizenship when being pulled over for speeding or taken in for some crime pales in comparison to what other countries do. The USA’s policy of open schools and open emergency rooms is unheard of in the 3rd world! Other 1st world countries are much tighter on immigration than we are. You really need to get out more….

Immigrants won’t come if they no there’s no work but the laws aren’t enforced because immigrants are too beneficial to the economy, so learn to love em.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

True dat. Pro-business Repub moderates want immigratoin reform so they can increase the low-cost, legal pool of workers. Meanwhile, the agents hunt the workers and give a pass to the employers who ignored their status to exploit them.

• http://atm Raider O

Bo,

I’m White, and I’m a Muslim.t

• M Lonetree

80% off on blackened fish coming soon to a restaurant near you.

• SteveAlford21

Jhill,

I am in NO WAY condoning slavery. However, the slave trade was in full force WAY before any white europeans put the first African on a boat. The whites didn’t go a-conquering and make slaves, they bought the slaves from African tribes who conquered and enslaved their neighbors. The whole concept is screwed up and I am definitely not in favor of it, but one has to admit that it wasn’t just white people who were responsible for black slaves being here in the U.S.

The TREATMENT of the slaves when they got here: All whitey’s fault. The slaves being slaves in the first place: That’s on the people who conquered and enslaved them… other African tribes. That practice goes back to LONG before the first European boats landed in Africa.

Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 9:17 am
    Preppie,

Keep that up, and I will start calling you Preppie Monkey! lol

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jews and Caucasians are not races now? And Dakota has been to Saudi?

You are trippin, Mustafa. And BTW, I strongly oppose racial profiling. It is not a US-only problem though. Try wearing a veil in France.

• 1960AutumnWind

Bo

Apologies. I just realized you were posing a retorical question to someone making an ignorant comment.

• http://atm Raider O

334,

I’m sorry for saying this, but that’s ignorant crap!!!

There are Christians in Arab countries, and they don’t go to jail!!

Don’t be so Ignorant!!!

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 9:18 am
    Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:59 am
    Raider O Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 8:56 am
    CMON Man!!!!

Minorities are treated like crap in this country!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How do they treat non-Muslim immigrants in Jordan? Or Saudi Arabia?
    ***********************************************
    Bo

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Huh? I think I was making the same point. You are clearly confused. Direct your vitriol at LMN.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

La Milicia Negra Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 9:05 am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmmm, sounds like now that Denmark isn’t 100% white, they are having problems too…glass house etc:

“The Growing Racism in Denmark

Something Rotten in Denmark?
    Submitted by David A (Denmark), Dec 17, 2005 at 04:30

I myself am a Jew. My mother is Danish, Jewish of origin, 4th generation immigrant from Russia/Poland. My father is an Israeli, Yemenite Jew of origin. I’m quite dark skinned, and as so could go for being an Arab (Muslim).

The last couple of years I personally have felt how racism can strike you like a sledgehammer. I am constantly reminded that I’m different, by comments from people. Few days ago a lady looked at me in the street a said to me “you are all the same”, not knowing that I was Jewish.

So I quite understand the frustration of Muslims in Denmark. It is obvious that they are not welcome. Or you may say that many Danes judge people by their color, as seen in my example. It is becoming more and more acceptable both among Danish politicians and by the public, to make statements that are thoroughly encompassed by racistic means.

I believe that if this will continue and racism towards Muslims or for that sake any dark skinned groups in this country, it could create such radicalism, both among Danes but also among Muslims, that could lead to heavy violence. This is surely not the way to integrate people, but a way to create segregation, and undermine the present welfare state. The Danish politicians should think about that. As a Jew and in my case dark skinned person, I therefore truly understand what it means to be stigmatized, and considered to be “like all of them”, and can understand why deep hate are created among different cultural groups, and what this can do to a society, Danes should think about that.”

• Damn They Suck

What’s good, Nation. The JaWhale watch continues…I assume they will make him a proposition- either take a pay cut (which his agent should advise him to, since he wouldn’t get anything more than the league minimum if another team were to pick him up, yet somehow the Raiders would still be willing to give him a little more than that) or take a hike (and be assured of the league minimum). Hopefully we will know more by this afternoon.

• inonewordraider

Ryan Leaf became addicted to pills after his NFL career was over. What will Jamarcus Russell become addicted to?

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

BSJ…

you were the one who brought up those countries to compare it was okay to profile…

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

Man, this pre-minicamp morning chat has taken a dark turn. Can’t we just all agree that Arizona sucks and be done with it.

Who thinks “Sultan Shoelaces” will be at the facility today?

• http://atm Raider O

Jews are a race?!?!?!

You are a preppie monkey!!!!!!

LMAO @ Mich’s education!!!!!

Jews are a race!!!!!

• Damn They Suck

Hell, he may not even get signed by another team…hence the end of his career if he opts to sit out this year.

• 1960AutumnWind

Just because every christian does not go to jail does not mean its justified to send any to jail simply for having different beliefs. You are the ignorant one….