Russell released

The Raiders have confirmed the release of JaMarcus Russell to the Associated Press.

“We will release Russell today,” a team spokesman said. “We wish him well.”

More to come . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

In honor of Russell’s demise, I shall re-post Russell on Pawn Stars:

“Russell is a worthless POS. I hope he wasted all of his money like Scottie Pippen, Sprewell, Dykstra, Tyson and Daily….

Like I said earlier, I look forward to seeing Russell on an upcoming episode of Pawn Stars:

Episode 212, year 2013:

Rick: What’ve you got there?

JR: (inaudible)

Rick: Sorry, could you speak up?

JR: Chosen one necklace, diamonds and stuff.

Rick: What are you looking to do with it? Pawn it, sell it?

JR: Sell it. I need money for hookers, food and booze.

Rick: Well, okay, don’t we all? What are you looking to get out of it?

JR: Three.

Rick: Three what?

JR: Three mill.

Rick: Whoa! Let me take a look at it for a second….

JR: It is really shiny and has the name of a great NFL quarterback on it, and the chicks love it man.

Rick: Jamarcus Russell, wasn’t he that quarterback that is considered the biggest draft bust in the history of the NFL? How do you know him?

JR: (inaudible)

Rick: What?

JR: Its me, just give me some money man.

Rick: Oh sorry, didn’t recognize you. There just isn’t a market for Russell memorabilia….I can tell you that the diamonds themselves are worth something though, I’ll give you 250 thousand.

JR: What, I paid two million for it! Give me a million.

Rick: Here is what I will do, I will set up a passing range in the parking lot, and if Chumlee can out throw you with a football I get the necklace for 250 K, if you win I will give you 500K? Sound like a deal?

JR: Shhhh easy, yeah lets do it.

(in the back office) Rick: Man I watched this guy play for the Raiders, I didn’t recognize him when he walked in because he now weighs 450 lbs, but he couldn’t throw the ball worth a lick when he was playing, now that he hasn’t seen the football field for three years and looks like he lives at Golden Corral, I like my chances! heck, Chumlee probably would have beaten him in his “prime”!”

• Seymour Bush

The whole thing was a disaster the moment he arrived here. Best to get beyond it.

• SteveAlford21

I don’t even feel like saying “I told you so.”

This is what I asked for a million times, but it’s still depressing. I always hoped deep down that fatass would turn it around. I hope he’s 450lbs and broke by Thanksgiving.

• stoopidmike

I’m sure JaMarcus is booking a flight to Vegas right now.

• MistaBrown

Nice back tracking fraud! Why dont you call yourself a stupid turd for having that losers back for 3 years!

______

# Seymour Bush Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Brian Hoyer
    Jeff Rowe
    Zac Robinson

JaMarcus Russell just got a phone call from Bill Belichick … to be Tom Brady’s backup

• Seymour Bush

MistaBrown Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Pot calling the kettle black OakGlenn?
    =====================================

Why don’t you tell us how much Favre sucks dude. Or how the ice caps melting will be like ice cubes on a plate, or how with the score 10-2 and they went for two, the score would be 14-10, or the fact that there are 28 hours in the day, or…

• D-FOLKS

LT needs a hit right now he still can’t stop “rocking” back and forth.

• ottocrat

DING DONG, THE B1TCH IS DEAD!

• fat kidd

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 24th, 2010 at 5:01 pm
    I am still not giving up on Russell.
    I have his poster over my bed, and everynight when I fall asleep, I abuse my self just thinking about his milky thighs.
    Oh darn, getting wet again.

• Seymour Bush

…..”drill baby drill” or that Sarah Palin is a genius, or…..

• 8RaiderReign8

Oh glorious day in Raider Nation. I will for today only say “Good Raider to you” and “isn’t it great Raider today?”

But seriously, they were making me a little worried about the delay. However, it is done. Now with the money we saved, let’s sign TO.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

2010 Best season ever!!!!!!!!!

• M Lonetree

The veil of malaise is lifted.
    Blinking at the beckoning light, the Raider Nation chances first a glowing delight at the newly revealed surroundings, and then despite knowing the work to be done, bursts into great joy of knowing that a large mass holding them back has been lifted and is become someone else’s problem.

• kvnbntly

finally, now a deserving qb can get the first team reps, and the jadistraction can be jagone and we don’t have to read ja jokes anymore.

• Seymour Bush

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 24th, 2010 at 5:01 pm
    I am still not giving up on Russell.
    Oh darn, getting wet again.
    ===============================================

That, was a troll. But thank you for reposting a trolls post. That’s one thing we need on this blog: glossing of trolls. That helps.

• MistaBrown

You weren’t sticking up for tj? LMAO

Fraud!
    _____

# Seymour Bush Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:13 pm

MistaBrown Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Who was telling us HOW JaMarshmallow was working his “aZZ” off and will take back his starting job from B Grads?

priesttj you fk’n monkey brain WHERE are you son ?
    ========================================================

STFU! YOU have said the stupidest things on this blog. YOU ALWAYS call others out. STFU!

Here, explain this: And show your work:

Mistabrown Says:
    September 13th, 2009 at 8:15 pm
    Lovie Smith is a real genius! When he was down 10-2 and they scored a TD why didnt they got for 2 ? It could be 14-10 right now..

• D-FOLKS

“COCAINE IS A HELL OF A DRUG” words of the late RICK JAMES b*t*h.

teams that might be interested in JaWalrus:

Bills
    Browns
    Vikings
    Rams
    Cardinals

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

I posted this on the last thread, but in case some missed it, it is a great LT story.

• kvnbntly

theres gonna be some parting across the nation tonight.

• http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1373alcoholism-helps-you-forget-other-problems.jpg Lynn from Snot

Ring Ring ….. Mr Davis I’d like to restructure. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• El Tato

Wow, this must be best offseason ever in Raiderland.

New decade, new Raiders.

• kvnbntly

jaguars

• GaterRaider

I WISH I WOULD HAVE READ THIS HEADLINE LAST YEAR. WE NEED TO DECLARE THIS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY.

• the_big_one_of_83

hard work is back and the lazy bum is gone hit the road jack

maybe even the Steelers since Big Ben is suspended?

• stoopidmike

If you got a silkscreen printer,better get your “FREE LT” shirts made ASAP and get em on Ebay.Be the 1st….Thats money!

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

Rockstar,

My buddy who hung out with Jamarcus last year told me before last season Jamarcus always talked about life after football. Acted as if being an NFL QB was a burden not a priviledge.

I think he is done. The phone may ring, but he probably won’t answer.

• MistaBrown

SeymourGlenn, you are a liar and a fraud!

The end.

• http://Raiders.com RaiderTW

Happy Bday Dakota;

ALAMEDA, Calif. — The Oakland Raiders have released former No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell after three unproductive and highly paid seasons.
    Senior executive John Herrera told The Associated Press the move was made Thursday and that “we wish him well.”

The decision comes less than two weeks after Oakland acquired Jason Campbell from Washington to take over at quarterback.

Russell will now likely be considered the biggest draft bust in NFL history. He will have been paid more than $39 million by the Raiders, while producing only seven wins as a starter.

He lost his starting job midway through last season. His career has been hampered by a rookie holdout, poor work habits, being overweight and the lack of productive players around him.

May 6th, An early Raider Nation Celebration . Drinks on the house at Rickeys

• Seymour Bush

# MistaBrown Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

You weren’t sticking up for tj? LMAO

Fraud!
    _____

# Seymour Bush Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:13 pm

MistaBrown Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

priesttj you fk’n monkey brain WHERE are you son ?
    ========================================================

Here, explain this: And show your work:

Mistabrown Says:
    September 13th, 2009 at 8:15 pm
    ==================================================

Where am I sticking up for tj? It could have been one of the dozens of posters who have waaaaay more insight, brains, thoughts, guts, fortitude, than you do. All you do is pick a problem and pile on. Kind of gutless, stupid and cowardly, don’t you think?

• El Tato

He is going to the COLTS, just wait and see.

- JaMarcus is a family Manning old time friend.
    - They dont have a backup (Painter, Hiller, Willy)
    - He can learn after Manning (maybe the best ever QB)

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Hopefully next year around this time the headline will be; Jamarcus Russell files for bankruptcy!

• Seymour Bush

# Lynn from Snot Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

May 6th, An early Raider Nation Celebration . Drinks on the house at Rickeys
    ===============================================

You going down there?

• Pretty Rick

JaMarcus will be signed by another team within a month, as bad as he was he’s still more talented than Trent Edwards. Im predicting the Bills will sign him. Im glad its over though,,now we dont have to hear these JaDumb nicknames,,,that sh#t was so teenage girl-like,,speaking of teenage girls,,,Lawrence Taylor,,,mm,mm,,mm! DAMN SHAME!!!!

• ELWAYs TEETH

WORST PLAYER EVER .

• stoopidmike

Steelers WILL NOT bring in JaMarcus.They wouldnt approve of his lazy character….I see him in J-Ville

• MistaBrown

What time at Rickeys?
    Im there..

• Tom "pimp hand" cable

Omg!!! omg!!! Agreed vegas raider! this is the best off season ever. Im so happy I can cry.lol Im finna purchase my season tickets asap.

• DKnight007

FINALLY the nightmare is OVER!!

Bye Bye fat lazy azz JaMIERDA Russell!!

Don’t spend all that unearned money in one place…which he will!

Hope he as fun being considered one of the all time biggest (literally and figurativelly) NFL BUSTS of all time!

• MistaBrown

tj & seymourglenn why dont you two meatheads have a lil group hug…idiots unite!

:D

• DMAC

Fk U JaCrapTable!!!

# Dakota Says:
    May 6th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

====================================================
    Oakland PD have put out a warrant for Russells’ arrest the charge, grand larceny.

• Seymour Bush

Being cut was probably the BEST thing that could’ve happened to Russell.

• Jonesy941

we should throw a party with a bonfire; we will throw all the #2 memorabilia in it and watch it burn! but then again why would any want to watch dog $hit burn

• No Mas Diamante

Wow. What a waste (waist)… I admit that I was hoping the light would finally go for the guy but obviously never happened. I certainly feel much better about this upcoming season now. Welcome Jason campbell and hopefully at least three more wins than last year…

• Tom "pimp hand" cable

patriots, vikings, or colts. Most likely the pats will sign that bum.

Free drinks ……. Tomorrow