Ice Cube: Raiders will always belong to L.A.

Don’t forget to check out ESPN at 5 p.m. PDT today for the showing of “Straight Outta L.A.,” Ice Cube’s documentary about the Raiders in Los Angeles.
Our Chuck Barney has seen the piece and here’s what he thinks.
Chuck points out that Ice Cube has this to say about Oakland’s NFL team: “The silver and black might call another place home, but the Raiders will always belong to L.A.”
What do you guys think?

Jon Becker

• Seymour Bush

24 Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

SnB – I agree with you. JLH is a better receiver than DHB right now. I don’t think DHB lacks in concentration, I think he lacks in ball catching talent. JLH has proven that hes a fumbler and a bumbler.
    =======================================================

I don’t know that JLH is a better receiver than DHB right now. DHB’s rookie numbers were BETTER than JLH’s. JLH had a very mediocre 2nd season receiving and he took a step BACK last year. DHB is a project. We all knew he was a project when he was drafted. Watching his lst snap as a pro we all realized what a project he really is. But he did seemingly improve as last season went on. That’s a good sign.

• Raider-DEE

I live in L.A…… And I for one, believe the Raiders should stay home in Oakland.. I went to games at that thing the Raiders played in back in the day. The problem is…. No one was watching the game. Everybody(including the Raider Player) were too busy looking up into to stands watching the home boys……bat each others brains in!!! It really was a depressing sight!! And another thing….. Try asking any Cholo Gang member to name 5 players on the Raiders, I doubt they can come up with three!!! It’s the TRUTH!! The Raider belong in Oakland!! True Raider fans will make the trip north to watch them!!!

Go Lakers & Raiders!!

• 24

I don’t want T.O. to teach anybody anything. I want him to come to Oakland and shut up and produce. The other receivers just need to watch him and learn how to be a productive receiver. T.O. doesn’t need to teach them, they just need to pay attention.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Seymour,

How many games did DHB start his rookie year vs. JLH?

• 30 year raider

AL DAVIS is not of sound body but i believe he still is of sound mind… dont let the old age fool you… he defintly knows whats going on

• the_big_one_of_83

lets go big al u let mike taint what we do around hear get hard nose guys who have a problem or two but they all love football and could actually play football

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Davis was represented well by this story.

He spoke freely and honestly about his beliefs etc….and he’s still with it.

He took responsibility for the bad football in the late 80′s early 90′s…..and I believe he’s done it again recently.

All I ask is he let’s the coaches run the lockerroom and starting lineup.

• Nnamdi21

the_big_one_of_83 Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 5:34 pm
    DHB can be coached up buy a guy like T.O he works hard and has a swagger this offense needs

=====================

Coached up on how to be an azz hole. Have you seen “wired” footage of T.O. onthe practice field lately?

With the Cowboys, with the Bills, the guy is a f-uh-king cancer.

You think Dallas or Buffalo couldn’t use a proven pass catcher?

Why didn’t they keep him?

Why’d Dallas sign him to a 4 yr, $34 million dollar deal in June of 2008 paying him $12 million guaranteed only to cut his azz less than a year later in March 2009?

Say NO to T.O.

• Seymour Bush

LA homies, please don’t take offense to what I am saying about LA. I actually like LA, and I respect a TON of LA fans. I do try to talk in absolute fact tho whenever I post here whether it is about individual players or the team or other subjects like LA fans.

The costumed or gang banging fans that followed the Raiders north were never a staple of the Oakland Coliseum prior to their departure in the early 80′s. And as for the “front runner” aspect of LA fan, I was at quite a few Golden State Warrior games this season, and I was just AMAZED at both the number of fans at the games, and their belief in their team as the games got close at the end. Gotta be honest, I don’t think it would be quite the same if the GS Warriors were playing in the Forum or Staples Center over the last 15 years I would believe. (See, Clippers, LA, 1984-present)

• 24

JLH and Schilens both looked great those last 2-4 games of the 2008 season along with Jamarcus Russell. Then all of a sudden, Schilens gets hurt last year, JLH gets pushed to the side and DHB and Murphy start. I thought JLH should have started and I believed he was going to progress from the year before. Now…I guess he took the big hit and everything changed. My question is…because I can’t remember…did that hit happen while he was playing in the slot?

• Seymour Bush

# SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Seymour,

How many games did DHB start his rookie year vs. JLH?
    ========================================================

Higgins was suited up for 15 games as a rookie if I remember right. I think DHB played in 10, all starts. DHB most likely saw more snaps as a rookie than JLH, but probably not that many more total.

• 30 year raider

wow !!!! KNOCK ON THE DOOR!!!!

• 24

Porter and Curry were the starters during JLH’s rookie year. JLH’s 2nd year, he started the last 4 games.

• the_big_one_of_83

screw the good guys if they can barely play

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Seymour,

Was JLH the primary receiver in his rookie year? DHB was the STARTER!

I seem to remember him as an oft used slot receiver.

Buried on the depth chart behind Jerry Porter, Ronald Curry, Tim Dwight…..

• 24
  • Turducken

Don’t blame Cube. I know how he feels. He did a good job with that docu

• the_big_one_of_83

JLH can barely play

• 30 year raider

# SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Davis was represented well by this story.

He spoke freely and honestly about his beliefs etc….and he’s still with it.

He took responsibility for the bad football in the late 80’s early 90’s…..and I believe he’s done it again recently.

All I ask is he let’s the coaches run the lockerroom and starting lineup.
    #######################################

YA I COULDNT AGREE more with you… al knows whats going… were on the right track now, i beleive with what were doing here…i would love to see us get at least one more before he passes!!!

• Coach on Wheels

Ice Cube sort of accidently acknowledges why the Raiders should’ve stayed in Oakland.

Frst he whines about the Rams leaving and says it hurt. Gee, how do you think Oakland fans felt? Shoot the Rams moved to Anaheim.

Second, for all the “bad azz LA” talk, the team got soft in LA and lost its mystique.

Third, LAs “fans” weren’t FOOTBALL fans. Weak-will gangsters, crackheads and losers who thought wearing Raider gear made them “real men”.

Fourth, the reputation of Raider fans as blue collar tough was replaced. Now they’re seen as ghetto thugs and ticket sales have suffered. Especially the corporate sales that help teams like SF sellout even in bad years.

Fifth, once other teams followed the LA Kings in selling black gear the truth of the size of “Raider Nation” was revealed. Now the 49ers, A’s, Giants, everybody sells black gear. Raider sales have took a nose dive.

Six, Cube finishes whining that LA needs a team but guess what Cube, it won’t be in Compton.

LA = Bad Move

• the_big_one_of_83

the coliseum is doomed on preseason game in LA thats it take it or leave it

• Seymour Bush

SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Seymour,

Was JLH the primary receiver in his rookie year? DHB was the STARTER!
    ============================================

Starter is often an overrated designation in a lot of sports. My point is JLH really has done little if anything for three years, and regressed last year. That is not good.

• Nnamdi21

the_big_one_of_83 Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 6:13 pm
    JLH can barely play

================

Word.

Bad routes, wrong routes and quits on routes.

Needs to work.

DHB worries me because not a natural pass catcher. Poor composure too.

Bad combo. Showed it several times last year. Freaked out and lost all sense of how to catch.

Hope his hard work has paid off this off season.

• raideredoutL.A.

“if L.A. builds a stadium, just knock on the door”.
    the great al davis everybody.

• raideredoutL.A.

just call them the Al Davis Raiders.

• Nnamdi21

273. remind me of the downfall of Curry. Showed some production with a horrid passing game then fell off the face of the earth.

Hope JLH can comeback and start to improve again. If not, too bad.

I think the big hit he took was from Weddle against the Chargers in the return game.

What ever it was, get the f over it and run your routes!

• Nnamdi21

My favorite movie about Los Angeles?

Terminator 2.

• http://morbidanatomy.com A.B. Paine II

I love how Al is still insinuating that Marcus Allen did something insidious.

• Seymour Bush

You want players to improve as the year goes on. Ro McClain is a rookie and he will probably go out there and make some rookie mistakes. He also is not the “thumper” that most here expect. He is more of a “tackler”, which I prefer.
    Russell did not improve as last year wore on. DHB did. JLH did not. Satele did. Mario Henderson did not.

• Nnamdi21

Lots of questions for the Titans.

Will they pay Kerry Collins $5 mill + to be 2nd string?

Will Chris Johnson get a new contract deal done before mandatorys?

Will Mawae be their center?

Will #1 draft pick DE Derrick Morgan be able to give them instant pass rush?

Will Fat Albert Haynseworth move back to Tennessee where Tennessee-an is Tenne-believan?

I hope they’re a considerably worse team this year than last.

• Seymour Bush

Nnamdi21 Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 6:55 pm

===========================================

Ron Curry showed some poise and promise on that Horrid Art Shell II team. He was named a team captain and then shat all over all of us. On to Detroit he went. Then on to the unemployment line.

• Nnamdi21

A.B. Paine II Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 6:59 pm
    I love how Al is still insinuating that Marcus Allen did something insidious.

==================

Disgruntled team mates by not keeping his d-ick out of their wives I heard somewhere once…

• MistaBrown

Pi$$ on Ice Cube.

• RaiderRon

Hey Seymour,

Pray tell homie….How exactly did DHB improve over the last year??

• raideredoutL.A.

Nnamdi21 Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 6:56 pm
    My favorite movie about Los Angeles?

Terminator 2.
    ///////////////////////////
    funny u say that nnamdi21, but weren’t u raised in L.A.

• MistaBrown

Seymour thinks DHB is the next Jerry Rice afte rhe doubled his TD total from 0-1.

Huge improvement! Nice “trajectory” from DHB right Seymour OakGlen Debo

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Seymour,

DHB did not improve at all last year. Last year was a total disaster for him. 9 receptions in 11 games is unacceptable at every level. There is no shining that turd of a year.

He has to step up big-time.

At least JLH had multiple multi-catch games

• NoMoreFargas

LA or Oaktown I love my Raiders all the same. Marcus Allen was the man that’s up to those players to keep their old ladies in check, Marcus can’t help being so Marcus and that all the ladies came a calling.

• Nnamdi21

Seymour Bush Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

=====================

Mario sorely missed Gallery.

I think Gallery helps him with assignments in the huddle and on the line.

I forget who played guard while Morris was at center but he did ok then too.

Plugging Satele back in and moving Morris to guard next to Henderson really hurt.

Morris just under powered for the position.

We have more depth this year but hope we don’t need it.

Still have hope for Henderson if not at LT then maybe right.

• Nnamdi21

raideredoutL.A. Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:06 pm
    Nnamdi21 Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 6:56 pm
    My favorite movie about Los Angeles?

Terminator 2.
    ///////////////////////////
    funny u say that nnamdi21, but weren’t u raised in L.A.

===============

So I know of which I speak…

• Seymour Bush

SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Seymour,

===================================================

DHB had two receptions his lst five pro games. That is dismal production. I think he had 7 receptions and a TD his next and final five games. That is improvement. Unless you are brain damaged. (Looking at you on that mistabrOwn). Is it acceptable? No. But it is undeniable improvement.

• Seymour Bush

# MistaBrown Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Huge improvement! Nice “trajectory” from DHB right Seymour OakGlen Debo
    ===========================================

Do I smell gas? Yup. MistabrOwn just showed up. Hey mista, why did you run last night after you claimed you never run away. Was that a mistype too? You meant to say, you ALWAYS run away, as you are getting bivch slapped right?

• Seymour Bush

Mistabr0wn Says:
    April 17th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
    I dont duck. I dont run. But every time I come here I get bich slapped
    =============================

hahahaha

• MistaBrown

SeymourGlen,
    I know you want me to stay here 24/7 and keep you company but truth be told I log off here and do other things.
    BTW….what is bivch?
    :D
    ___

# Seymour Bush Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

you ALWAYS run away, as you are getting bivch slapped right?

• MistaBrown

SeymourGlen,
    Lets talk football!

How did DHB improve last year when he finished the year in street clothes?

• Seymour Bush

MistaBrown Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:18 pm

BTW….what is bivch?
    ===============================

The Russian version of you. :)

• RaiderRon

Not playing the last 5 games of his rookie year signifies “improvement”??? LOL!! Oh I know, I know. He was “injured”….

• Seymour Bush

# MistaBrown Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:20 pm

SeymourGlen,
    Lets talk football!

How did DHB improve last year when he finished the year in street clothes?
    =====================================================

Is this a stupid question or what? Come on, even you can do better than this. Let me ask you a more “reality” based question. He caught two, count ‘em, two balls his lst five games. He caught seven, and a score, the last five he played in before he was “injured.” Is that improvement?

• MistaBrown

SeymourGlen,
    I wont repost your typo for 3 weeks ONLY derelicts like you do that.

• MistaBrown