Raiders sign veteran guard Loper

By Steve Corkran
Friday, May 14th, 2010 at 4:42 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed veteran guard Daniel Loper on Friday in a move that gives them more depth and experience.

Loper, 28, played in 40 games for the Tennessee Titans from 2006-08 and eight for the Detroit Lions last season. His only five starts as an NFL player came for the Lions.
Robert Gallery and Cooper Carlisle are the projected starters at left and right guard, respectively. Loper will compete for a backup spot during training camp. He is 6-foot-6 and 320 pounds.

Brandon Rodd is the only other player on Oakland’s 80-man roster listed as guard. However, several other players are capable of playing the position, including rookie fourth-round draft pick Bruce Campbell, veterans Khalif Barnes, Langston Walker, Chris Morris and Erik Pears.

Campbell played offensive tackle at Maryland, but he has been switched to guard so that he can get more playing time right away, according to coach Tom Cable.

Walker and Chris Morris started several games at left guard last season in place of an injured Gallery. Barnes hasn’t started any games at guard during his five-year NFL career, though he has received practice time there with the Raiders. Pears’ natural position is offensive tackle, but Cable has worked on making him more versatile in case called upon in an emergency.

• The Return of Godliness

Anyways enough of laker talk……….RAIDERS!

• jhill

Gasol is not scared of KG at all, lol!

Artest slows down Pierce and you know Kobe’s taking Rondo.

Sheed off the bench is not a problem. So what if he hits a couple 3′s.

May 16th, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I told you Boston was going to beat Cleveland.

Now I’m telling you the Lakers in 5 over Boston.
    ******************************

Yeah I was surprised but it was aided by Delonte beating them on Lebron’s mama….until that happened Boston was done to be honest

5? LOL You fool games 3,4 and 5 are in boston. you telling me the Lakers are winning two in boston? LOL stop jhill stop before i call authorities

May 16th, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Gasol is not scared of KG at all, lol!

Artest slows down Pierce and you know Kobe’s taking Rondo.

Sheed off the bench is not a problem. So what if he hits a couple 3’s.
    **********************************

Yes Gasoft is scared of KG. KG is a soldier and guys like Gasol cant hack it against soldiers.

Artest slowing down Paul PeezY? LOL that wont happen. Paul loves to smack LA his hometown

Kobe takes Rondo ok……..then who takes Ray Allen? LOL you are got…stop Jhill

Maybe you havent watched playoffs but Sheed isnt settling for 3′s….try again

• The Return of Godliness

And kobe cant guard rondo. If this was 2000-2006 Kobe maybe he got a shot but he canty deal with that n*gga at all. Rondo is a mufuka…..best PG in the game

• jhill

I guess we’ll just wait until the ball goes up on that one, lol.

Anyway, wassup with the Bryant being 310 stories I’ve been reading?

Fisher/Farmar cant guard anyone on Boston………not even Nate the gangsta Robinson

May 16th, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I guess we’ll just wait until the ball goes up on that one, lol.

Anyway, wassup with the Bryant being 310 stories I’ve been reading?
    *******************************

Yeah i guess only time will tell right? We can have our opinions until

Desmond Bryant is a UT. So what he is 310? Still too small. Get John Henderson

I’ll sign off on TO if he bows down and kisses Al’s ass and admits he hated playing in SF in the presser

• jhill

D Fish wil guard Allen. What Kobe is not going to do is chase Ray Allen around the floor. Kobe will sag off Rondo, and force him to shoot jumpers.

We won’t be missing shots like Cleveland and Orlando, which is where Rondo is most effective. Let him have to bring it up and run against our set defense. No better than Westbrook or Williams running the pick and roll.

• The Return of Godliness

TO you must bow in ultimate respect and humility to Al and the rest of the Raider family. Admit you use to come to games when you played for the coward 49ers(true). admit you hated that sissy side of the bay and you wanted to be amongst real followers and notthe fairweather losers from the 415

May 16th, 2010 at 9:02 pm

*************************************

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lol Fisher guard Allen? I’m done with this convo! Kobe could never guard Jesus Shuttlesworth and now a 35 year old aging Fisher at 6 ft does? Put the henny down

UT, shmoo TEE

NO to Henderson!

• The Return of Godliness

Westbrook and Williams are champions with previous ass whipping of LA on their resume?….NEXT

lol Fisher guard Allen?

——————————————————-

I guess you didn’t see the game where we went into Boston and got a win, huh?

May 16th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

UT, shmoo TEE

NO to Henderson!
    ************************

Yeah and you sure saw a UT schmoo Tee in Gerard Warren right?…..Next

Desmond Bryant wont do shyt this year

May 16th, 2010 at 9:05 pm

lol Fisher guard Allen?

——————————————————-

I guess you didn’t see the game where we went into Boston and got a win, huh?
    *********************

I remember where Kobe hit the winning jumper yes…..and Boston was 100 pct then right? Sure great a jumper hit in January when ther NBA isnt even real yet matters lol…..try again

• The Return of Godliness

Raiders need a big NT like Henderson….against rough tough o-lines we will get killed by the LG and C

• jhill

I know your impressed with how Boston took apart your beloved Cavs, lol, but the Cavs were just not that good.

If you really think that KG is going to get the better of Pau Gasol, you’re nuts! Pau guarded Howard one on one last year, and KG is no where near as physical these days. And that bum knee? No way he stays with Gasol.

I doubt Doc even lets him guard him.

• jhill

and Boston was 100 pct then right?

——————————————————-

The point was Fisher guarding Ray Allen.

Don’t get distracted.

we will get killed by the LG and C

——————————————————-

I’ll take Seymour against any LG/C combo on our schedule!

May 16th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I doubt Doc even lets him guard him.
    ******************************

Actually Delonte West fukin Lebron’s mama tore them apart but Boston is still good as hell. I was actually more fearful of Boston playing Orlando, I didnt think they can beat them but I hate Step n Fetch it Dwight howard. Tell that n*gga to stop smiling!…anyhow its refreshing to know LA wont have to play a JV team in the Finals this year

May 16th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

and Boston was 100 pct then right?

——————————————————-

The point was Fisher guarding Ray Allen.

Don’t get distracted.
    ****************************

Dont you get distracted……the NBA season doesnt start until after Valentine’s Day….teams aint playing to their fullest potential in January…………if you dont know that then dont talk to me about NBA ball

LOL bum knees? Where is Andrew Bynum

Actually Delonte West fukin Lebron’s mama tore them apart

—————————————————–

LOL ..

Here we go ….

• The Return of Godliness

Sorry LA boy I know Ice Cube’s self serving Espn film make you LA fux think you are entitled but you arent

• priesttj

Jhill

I see these guy’s are still beggin’ for a NT in a 4/3 1gap system. They just don’t understand the system and they watched it all year last year.

Well there’s always the actual coaches who make these decisions, because if we left it up to the fans we’d be in trouble.

May 16th, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Actually Delonte West fukin Lebron’s mama tore them apart

—————————————————–

LOL ..

Here we go ….
    *****************************

Jhill please dont even pretend that doesnt affect a man…..if you think so well then that is your deal. It was obvious something was wrong with dude. He gave up. Body language is everything

# priesttj Says:
    May 16th, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Jhill

***********************************

Anyone speak bullshyt? Translate please……lol

Ice Cube’s self serving Espn film

——————————————————-

Didn’t see it.

• The Return of Godliness

Dont worry Jhill when the Lakers lose Artest can “console” Kobe butt naked in the showers as he did in 08 LOL

• jhill

IF, and I do say IF LeBron’s mama is fuggin Red, the I say LMFAO!

And keep LeBron and his skank Mom’s away from my Lake show.

May 16th, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Ice Cube’s self serving Espn film

——————————————————-

Didn’t see it.
    ****************************

Good! Dont. It was embarrassing for LA people and further stamps on my point that Raiders never belonged down there

• priesttj

translation wouldn’t do you any good.

butt naked in the showers as he did in 08 LOL

——————————————————-

Yeah, that was ridiculous, lol!

May 16th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

IF, and I do say IF LeBron’s mama is fuggin Red, the I say LMFAO!

And keep LeBron and his skank Mom’s away from my Lake show.
    *************************

Man its ugly man. Kobe wouldnt beat tho….Her skin is tooooo dark lol niether would Lamar…..now a scumbag like Artest is at her lol…she just a few years older

# priesttj Says:
    May 16th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

translation wouldn’t do you any good.
    *******************************

Can anyone understand this language? Never heard this sort of tongue before…im fluent in many languages but bullshyt isnt one of them

May 16th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

butt naked in the showers as he did in 08 LOL

——————————————————-

Yeah, that was ridiculous, lol!
    **********************************

Sacha Vujab!tch got jealous! “That’s my man!”

I see these guy’s are still beggin’ for a NT

——————————————————

Yeah, I think it’s much to do about nothin. There was NOT a big gaping hole in the middle of our defensive line. The problem was CLEARLY passive LB play.

Adding a 300lb DE in Houston to the rotation is going to be nice. Moving Seymour all over the Dline is going to be nice.

• The Return of Godliness

Jhill…..Ice Cube had the nerve to have Snoop on there knowing he is a Steeler fan who was at the superbowl in 08 with steeler gear on…..Snoop this year said he never liked the Raiders on the NFL Network….it doesnt look good on you LA folks when people claim yall are fake lol

May 16th, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I see these guy’s are still beggin’ for a NT

——————————————————

***********************************

LB play was issue Jhill but even you were saying before for a few years we needed a run stuffer and Desmond Bryant isnt it nor is 300 lb Seymour….put the pipe down

Man its ugly man. Kobe wouldnt beat tho

——————————————————

Yeah, none of the frontline players would hit.

But Shannon Brown ???? Get back for LeBron trading him.

Last think we need in LA is Gloria James drama. How embarrasing!

May 16th, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Man its ugly man. Kobe wouldnt beat tho

——————————————————

Yeah, none of the frontline players would hit.

But Shannon Brown ???? Get back for LeBron trading him.

Last think we need in LA is Gloria James drama. How embarrasing!
    ***********************************

What a selfish c*nt she is…..ppl wanna say its a rumor but you know its true!! Remember game 5 when Lebron yelled ” Mama Sit your ASS down!”

Jhill you know how we grew up…you think we can ever saythat to our mamas? That is a sign he lost respect for his mom

it doesnt look good on you LA folks when people claim yall are fake lol

—————————————————–

Y’all ????

Plenty of fakes runnin around the city. After all, they don’t call it Floss Angeles for nothing.

• The Return of Godliness

Damn shame no more KoolKell or BHP hyping up Russell….it made the comedy better on here….also MR and PEDOchet were funny

May 16th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

it doesnt look good on you LA folks when people claim yall are fake lol

—————————————————–

Y’all ????

************************************

Thank you for admitting that Jhill…..that took alot. I try telling the others like LA Raider Dave and the other imbeciles that but they say otherwise. Raiders aren’t an LA thing and never have been. Lakers are LA’s team

• The Return of Godliness

Anyone seen KoolKell or BHP lately?

Jhill but even you were saying before for a few years we needed a run stuffer

——————————————————

I said we needed a impact DT who reeked havoc. I think Seymour is that guy and I think he would be head and shoulders better than Warren.

Very intrigued to see Bryant as the #3 DT in the rotation. Especially if he is 310.

Most importantly, the improvements at LB and on offense are going to be the biggest factors in our improved numbers against the run.

——————————————————-

I don’t think that’s a news flash. How can a town full of actors, and aspiring actors be genuine?

But don’t get it twisted. Plenty of real ni##as in So Cal mayne!

May 16th, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Jhill but even you were saying before for a few years we needed a run stuffer

——————————————————

*********************************

I agree the beef up at LB was needed as you and I were one ofthe few who wanted a new MLB since 08, but an impact DT for this team is a guy who will allow the lg and c to have hell all game long……..Seymour isnt a run stuffing DT at all at 300lbs!!! No way no how!!!! Bryant is a backup UT period. Seymour needs to be the LDE going up vs the RT and TE

May 16th, 2010 at 9:33 pm

——————————————————-

But don’t get it twisted. Plenty of real ni##as in So Cal mayne!
    ******************************

Oh most definitely I know them well…my dad lives down there and his woman’s family are real as fuk. Love them cats to death. From the jungles and no fake runs thru that zone….Real nagas are everywhere and fakes but my thing is that film was disrespectful and it was full of lies man. to have Snoop on there was Ice Cube being a Hollywood b*tch and he better not cross my paths…Snoop will have to answer to my dad this year because they both are in that youth football league. My dad is beyond pissed