Schilens out until training camp

The “procedure” Chaz Schilens underwent following the season on his left foot was significant enough that the wide receiver will probably be out until training camp.

Schilens, as he did during the mandatory minicamp, was a spectator as his teammates went through warmups, drills and team sessions.

That means the Raiders aren’t confident enough about Schilens’ condition to even allow him to run patterns against no defenders, fearful the pushoff could result in a setback. Schilens originally broke his foot during training camp last year on just such a maneuver _ pushing off on a pass route.

Schilens had surgery at the time of the injury and disclosed there was a follow-up procedure at the mandatory minicamp.

“I think we’ll take our time with that, just to be smart,” Cable said. “I don’t want to do anything to set it back. If he’s there when we go to camp _ which he will be _ I’ll be happy with that.”

And no, Cable reiterated, there has been no talk of adding Terrell Owens to the chemistry of a youthful wide corps of wide receivers. A speculative ESPN article linked Owens to the Raiders, citing no sources and claiming no inside information. Cable refuted the claim in a KNBR radio interview Tuesday and again to reporters on Wednesday.

“We haven’t had any discussions whatsoever about that,” Cable said.

More to come . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Gust372

JHill, the world I live in is the real world. Period. Every thing I say is based on reality. You guys are the ones who live in fantasy worlds, with Raiders, Lakers, etc.

• RaiderResurrection

What I want to know is where have these Boston fans been they were at the bottom of the Eastern Conference?

That’s right, they were Kings fans, they were also Pistons fans, they were also Thuggets fans, they liked the Rockets, they like the Jazz, They time to time like Lebrons.

They are called Haters

• Einstein

Odom married Khloe Kardashian, and Kobe had a picture shoot in a burka, enough said.

Suns in 6.

• Gust372

And no, I’m not a patriots fan. Keep reaching.

• Einstein

TIME TO GET RID OF SCHILENS. INJURY SETTLE HIS FRAGILE AZZ ALREADY.

Suns in 6.

***

LOL. Agreed

• Gust372

Why did Odom marry that fugly? NBA star, on the Lakers! And he winds up with the low rent Kardashian. I could see if it was her fine ass sister.

• jhill

it’s not even 1pm PST Jhill. quit drinking on the job!

——————————————————-

I know your STATS tell you a different story, and you wish Kobe would get hurt and all that, but git the fugg outta here with your ESPN hyped up Lebron. His best move is lowering his shoulder and muscling his way to the paint.

Dude’s jumper definse streaky. Boston closed up the paint, and made him pass, which he is MORE than willing to do, lol. There is no way Kobe, Jordan, heck even D Wade put puts the game on his supporting cast when they are DOWN! Pass to Varejo ?!??! Mo Williams best scorer on the team? LeBron needs A LOT of help!

Steve Nash is two points shy of passing Charles Barkley for third place on the franchise’s all-time playoff scoring list

Amar’e Stoudemire, who ranks fifth on the franchise’s all-time postseason scoring list, has scored 20 or more points in seven of his last nine games

Phoenix has won two of its last three Game 2′s after dropping Game 1

The Suns won their opening round series against Portland after falling behind 0-1

• RaiderResurrection

Yeah, about this Rajon Rondo.

The most basic and neanderthal game plan for basketball is dribble and penetration.

It wins a few games, but it never delivers a ring.

Ask Good Old Chris Paul, Gary Payton, Steve Nash, Kenny Anderson, Penny Hardaway, Deron Williams, Mike Bibby, etc.

Rajon Rondo won a championship because of his team is Hall of Fame worthy. Let him prove himself when KG, Allen, and Pierce retire.

• smittstyles

Paul Pierce isn’t tough? The guy who got stabbed 7 times and then came back to play….yeah, weak sauce.

As to TO; sure, his past indiscretions are well documented, but the guy hasn’t caused problems in a while now. He was good as gold in Buffalo last year.

I don’t think he’ll be a distraction at all; in fact, at think at this point in his career, he’ll work hard like he always does and genuinely enjoy being a good teammate and mentor. Never, EVER thought I’d say that, but he seems somewhat humbled lately.

I say we bring him in, especially with the potential that Chaz may not be able to carry the load as our #1.

• DMAC

GO WARRIORS!!!!

• jhill

Rajon Rondo in 2008 was no where near the player he has evolved into this year. I’m sure we can see common ground in that point.

——————————————————-

Certainly.

• DMAC

GO A’S!!!

• HairyBush

Khole or k-hole as I like ro refer to her as, really isn’t anything special. she must take it in the pooper or something. lol

• Gust372

Lebron has always been better than Kobe, and now that Kobe is no longer in his prime, Lebron is far better.

• Einstein

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Phoenix has won two of its last three Game 2’s after dropping Game 1

———————–

Good post bro. Solid stats. This series is FAR from over….

Artest can’t cover Richardson whatsoever.

Odom got LUCKy. Won’t happen again.

• RaiderResurrection

Al smokes CRACK!!!!!!!!!

(I’m going to repeat this like a mindless broken record Just like un-KoolKell)

• RaiderResurrection

Khloe is fugly!

trade Nick Miller & Marcel Reece for Khloe Kardashian!

• jhill

Is it me or do Laker fans want to ignore the fact that Rondo is going to tear you a new ahole. What is the plan for him, realistically?

——————————————————

I think it is Boston fans who ignore the fact that Rondo is NOT as good as Deron Williams, or Nash running an offense. We are not going to fall for the banana in the tail pipe ball fakes that Rondo throws out there, lol.

If Rondo can consistantly make jumpers then you have a chance. And, uh, well see what he does against Kobe. Kobe and Artest take the 2 best perimeter players on your team basically out of the game.

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:02 pm
    trade Nick Miller & Marcel Reece for Khloe Kardashian!

——————————–
    Does bruce jenner come in the trade? lol

• DMAC

RRS,
    What can we get for Luke “The Juice” Lawton, and Hiram “Stiff Armed” Eugene?

• Gust372

Yeah, about this Rajon Rondo.

It wins a few games, but it never delivers a ring.

Yeh.

yeh!!!

• jhill

Pierce has come to life this series and it will continue. His #’s were down last series because he exerted all of his energy trying to defend Lebron.

——————————————————-

Paul Pierce is NOT going to put up “numbers” against Artest.

Sorry man.

And who’s going to guard Kobe? You don’t think whoever guards Kobe is going to wear down like guarding LeBron?

CMON!

***

Jhill: I heard all Laker fans like a good banana in the tail pipe … no offense

• Gust372

They are called Haters

know what i’m saying?

huh?

huh?

anyone?

• RaiderResurrection

remember Ron Artest can also physically assault Point Guards too.

Deron Williams exhibit A

PG versus Artest equals knockout. When Artest fouls a player, it counts.

• jhill

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Phoenix has won two of its last three Game 2’s after dropping Game 1

——————————————————-

Who ????

• Pingback: Raiders playing it safe with Chaz Schilens | Just Blog Baby | An Oakland Raiders Blog

Does bruce jenner come in the trade?

***

Who???

• DMAC

RRS,
    post 123???^^^^

• Einstein

Is it just me that thinks we should cut ties with Schilens?

What can we get for Luke “The Juice” Lawton, and Hiram “Stiff Armed” Eugene?

***

maybe some juice or a stiff arm…

but not 100% fruit juice, the artificial flavored stuff

• HairyBush

jhill Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:02 pm

——————————————————

——————————————
    It is your opinion that Deron is better than Rajon, And steve Nash is Steve Nash. I think when you get a closer look you may have a diffrent opinion of Rondo. He isn’t all smoke and mirrors. I can’t say I believe in Rajon’s jumper on a consistent basis.

You make the point that 2 of our perimeter scorers will be “taken out of the game”. Well, if that is true that still leaves us with one superstar who should indeed have a favorable matchup. Advantage Celtics :)

• jhill

Jhill: I heard all Laker fans like a good banana in the tail pipe … no offense

——————————————————

No offense ???

Homo humor ????

Don’t even understand how people come up with homo thoughts that they think are funny.

• smittstyles

Yes, Einstein, I think it is. There is absolutely no benefit to cutting him at this point. He has shown, when healthy, that he’s our most reliable receiver.

He has injury issues, but keeping him on the roster is doing nothing detrimental to the team. So why cut bait on him now when he’s still young and could come back?

It’s not like he’s a financial burden or team distraction

remember Ron Artest can also physically assault Point Guards too.

***

Artest = Dennis Rodman. the heart & soul of the Laker franchise

• DMAC
  • RaiderResurrection

One thing I hate the most is Closet fans.

I really don’t care in the end who likes what team. If you honestly like a certain team I respect that.

I’m a Dodgers, Lakers, and Raiders fan because I live down in Southern California. I followed my Raiders when they returned to Oaktown.

That’s me

Who likes the Celtics? Have you been to a game at least?

Did you honestly like them when they sucked.

I became a Raider ran when they were 8-8 in the mid 80′s (basically when I was old enough to know better)

• Pingback: Schilens out until training camp - Oakland Raiders Forum | Message Board - Where the Raider Nation lives!

• smittstyles

Sorry, didn’t do that according to site protocol:

Einstein Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:08 pm
    Is it just me that thinks we should cut ties with Schilens?

——————————————————-

It’s not like he’s a financial burden or team distraction

• HairyBush

Gust372 Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

They are called Haters

know what i’m saying?

huh?

huh?

anyone?
    ——————————–
    I live in Ma and stick by teams thru thick n thin. I get brutalized from friends for being a Raider fan, yet I’m as loyal as ever.

• RaiderResurrection

I agree RR

Artest with that hair gave me Rodman flashbacks.

• Einstein

# smittstyles Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

It’s not like he’s a financial burden or team distraction

————————-

Yes, possibly. But a foot injury, nonetheless a SERIOUS one he obviously has could possibly be the WORST injury to have as a receiver, other than a hand injury.

• jhill

——————————————————

And who would that be?

Remember you already conceded that Gasol is out of Perkins league.

Last time we saw KG, I think he was getting dunked on by Bynum, lol!

• RaiderResurrection

I feel ya HB

We get hated on even when our team is winning.

Don’t even understand how people come up with

***

Jhill: stop right there

read this …

Jason Campbell as the “opposite” of Russell as a locker room presence in terms of work ethic and integrity.

“I don’t think there is any question about that,” Cable said. “We make a trade, he shows up he’s here for four days, he goes to minicamp, never blinks.”

• smittstyles

Einstein Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

——————————————————-

I certainly don’t disagree that it could be a potentially career-threatening and devastating injury. But why cut ties with him now? What rationale could possibly make sense? It’s too much of a potential reward scenario to even think of getting rid of him quite yet. He’s very young, big, fast, and has shown great hands and route-running ability. So he’s hurt, again. What’s the harm in seeing if he comes back healthy and dynamic? Too much risk in cutting a guy with his measurables at his age when there is no logical positive reason to releasing him.

DMAC: would you trade Luke “The Juice” Lawton, and Hiram “Stiff Armed” Eugene for some juice or a stiff arm?

not 100% fruit juice, the artificial flavored stuff.

Sunny D, perhaps?