Schilens out until training camp

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 at 11:56 am in Oakland Raiders.

The “procedure” Chaz Schilens underwent following the season on his left foot was significant enough that the wide receiver will probably be out until training camp.

Schilens, as he did during the mandatory minicamp, was a spectator as his teammates went through warmups, drills and team sessions.

That means the Raiders aren’t confident enough about Schilens’ condition to even allow him to run patterns against no defenders, fearful the pushoff could result in a setback. Schilens originally broke his foot during training camp last year on just such a maneuver _ pushing off on a pass route.

Schilens had surgery at the time of the injury and disclosed there was a follow-up procedure at the mandatory minicamp.

“I think we’ll take our time with that, just to be smart,” Cable said. “I don’t want to do anything to set it back. If he’s there when we go to camp _ which he will be _ I’ll be happy with that.”

And no, Cable reiterated, there has been no talk of adding Terrell Owens to the chemistry of a youthful wide corps of wide receivers. A speculative ESPN article linked Owens to the Raiders, citing no sources and claiming no inside information. Cable refuted the claim in a KNBR radio interview Tuesday and again to reporters on Wednesday.

“We haven’t had any discussions whatsoever about that,” Cable said.

More to come . . .

RaiderResurrection Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:09 pm
    One thing I hate the most is Closet fans.

I really don’t care in the end who likes what team. If you honestly like a certain team I respect that.

I’m a Dodgers, Lakers, and Raiders fan because I live down in Southern California. I followed my Raiders when they returned to Oaktown.

That’s me

Who likes the Celtics? Have you been to a game at least?

Did you honestly like them when they sucked.

I became a Raider ran when they were 8-8 in the mid 80’s (basically when I was old enough to know better)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RRS = closet fan.

• HairyBush

Got company coming, We’ll have to pick up this riveting discussion another day. Good conversation and it isn’t over. Later

• DMAC

Sunny D is cool w/ me. Just add some water. What about the “Stiff Arm?”
    This schit is funny…..

• raideredoutL.A.

RaiderResurrection Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:09 pm
    One thing I hate the most is Closet fans.

That’s me

///////////////////

AMEN.

• smittstyles

Sunny D is the grossest non-alcoholic drink ever invented

RRS = closet fan.

***

BSJ: i’m not a closet fan of anybody

I’m a Laker hater. I root for whoever they play against. period. end of story

why is that so hard to understand ???

• jhill

Jason Campbell as the “opposite” of Russell as a locker room presence in terms of work ethic and integrity.

“I don’t think there is any question about that,” Cable said. “We make a trade, he shows up he’s here for four days, he goes to minicamp, never blinks.”

——————————————————

Way to recognize you’re flaming and change the subject, lol.

I actually listened to the whole Cable interview. Good stuff!

• Gust372

One thing I hate the most is Closet fans.

• Einstein

#149
    Maybe. You made all good points. But, are the Raiders now just spinning their wheels with him? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, we won’t know, it certainly depends on the Raider medical staff.

• jhill

HairyBush Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:15 pm

——————————————————

Later man!

Good points you made.

why is that so hard to understand ???

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Party of No and Fan of No.

If you are not FOR something you will never get elected.

• Gust372

I wish Bri en would come back and explain what an “OG Raider person is”. does anyone here know?

• smittstyles

Einstein Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:17 pm
    #149

——————————————————

I guess there is the side of the coin of false hope. I mean, if he’s really seriously injured and never coming back with any effectiveness, then I can see a point to open up a roster spot and to not delude the team and fans.

However, I just think they’re being extra-cautious with him due to his history, and he’ll come back just fine.

• RaiderResurrection

If anybody thinks these two teams (Celtics and Lakers) will have the same outcome as last time. Is sadly mistaken.

People just can’t guard against two seven footers.If KG switches and covers Bynum, he will get man handled (who remembers what Shaq did to him when KG was a Timberwolf?)

KG is a great player, but not a good post defender at all. That’s been his problem his whole career.

Pau Gasol on Perkins – Perkins is great in the Post, Only Bynum has the size to match up equally, Pau Gasol will draw fouls on him and shoot around and over him.

Artest versus Pierce, Allen and Rondo. Artest is 70 to 40 pounds heavier than those three, and whoever he guards will have about 10-15 points

Kobe Versus Allen/Pierce – Kobe will not be double teamed as often due to the fact that Boston doesn’t want to leave the paint open for the LA Bigs. Kobe will be 1 on 1 all game. Look for 28-40+ points from Kobe

Fisher versus Rondo – Fisher will have a tough time with Rondo, who is much faster and athletic. Look for Fisher to be in a early foul trouble. Shannon Brown might be a good defender for Rondo who is arguably just as athletic and is 4 inches taller than Rondo.

• jhill

No way we can cut Schillens. He’s the best WR we have as sad as that may be.

• smittstyles

Gust372 Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

—————————————————–

Anyone who wore a *STARTER* jacket in the 90′s…..

Jhill: we know what guys are “flaming”

the ones wearing purple & yellow every night and their worshippers

we changed the subject because you were offended by the last one, even though I said “no offense”

no offense meant nothing personal to or about you. I was referring to Laker fans in general

• DMAC

Chaz will be ready week 16 w/ Nick Miller and Arman Shields.

• Einstein

I hope so Smittstyles. I don’t have anything against the guy whatsoever, I support him. But, it just seems like he is ALWAYS hurt, some guys just can’t get over that hump. Our receiving corps isn’t even average, so having an oft injured player just complicates the issue even further.

• raideredoutL.A.

Raider Report on NFL Network coming up.

Gust372 Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The better question is why you are trolling again MR. Anyone here know?

• jhill

Fisher versus Rondo – Fisher will have a tough time with Rondo,

——————————————————

Look for D Fish to chase Ray Allen around. And he’ll do a much better job than J J Redick, lol.

Kobe’s going to get Rondo, and our pick and roll defense is MUCH better than the teams the Celtics have faced so far.

• smittstyles

Good chatting folks, see you soon. Looking forward to the offseason and seeing how our excellent draft and personnel moves work out.

More optimism, and I mean TRUE optimism, about this team than I’ve had in a long, long time.

Cheers!

• Einstein

# smittstyles Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Cheers!

——————-

L8R Bud.

• RaiderResurrection

When does the Raider report air?

Oh yeah Don’t the Sacramento Kings wear Purple?

Don’t the Warriors have yellow and Orange?

Please eat your own words. Lemme know when your teams starts winning championships.

• Gust372

NFL network sucks. Boring. Earlier they had high school shyt on? Uh, NFL network…high school football? Somebody do that math for me.

If you are not FOR something you will never get elected.

***

HAHA. BSJ, I may never get elected mayor of Podunk!

but I’m FOR my boys DHB & JLH. DMC & Chris Johnson too.

haters beware

and I still think that Jax & Az with Kirk Morrison & Dan Williams (and Oakland with Kelly/Bryant up front) will have better run defenses than us this year …

• Gust372

When does the Raider report air?

Oh yeah Don’t the Sacramento Kings wear Purple?

Don’t the Warriors have yellow and Orange?

• RaiderResurrection

The Lakers have plenty of practice against the Pick and Roll

Exhibit A Utah Jazz.

Utah runs nothing but the pick and roll.

***

Res: I don’t root for the Kings or W’s

sorry bro!

• Gust372

Who’s the lady from NFLN reporting from Alameda? I’d like to stick my shaft between her jugs. And nice shot of Cable and his stomach. His stomach was actually blocking the sun.

• DMAC

GO WARRIORS!!!

• jhill

RRS ..

That’s like me saying people who live in Podunk …

No offense.

J Hill = Laker fan. You say Laker fans are this and that, but no offense J. Hill?

LOL!

Ok man, I’ll read between the line and understand that you mean every Laker fan except J. Hill.

• RaiderResurrection

RR whats your NBA team?

• Gust372

The Lakers have plenty of practice against the Pick and Roll

Exhibit A Utah Jazz.

• raideredoutL.A.

they just showed a brief report on the raiders earlier on around the league and will show the full report on NFL total access a 4pm.

• RaiderResurrection

4pm our time?

• Gust372

I missed the report I was just looking at that reporter’s cans, and laughing at Cable’s stomach. It was blocking the sun and bringing shade, Cable’s gut.

I am a fan of any team playing Dan Williams.

• raideredoutL.A.

RaiderResurrection Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:27 pm
    4pm our time?

////////////
    yep

***

Jhill: because I know you’re better than that and you’re not afraid to admit when you’re wrong. thats a man

real men do NOT wear purple though. I trust you’ll make the right decision(s)

And nice shot of Cable and his stomach.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Eeeewwww. You seem to fetishize Raider coaches. It is disgusting.

And why again are you trolling, MR?

• fat kidd

On Twitter last night, Oakland Raiders rookie defensive lineman Lamarr Houston posted, “I wish we could pick up Flozell Adams.”

Considering the uncertainty at right tackle at this point, this may be a move that many others would like to see.

He is currently a free agent and there is little interest in the market for his services. Adams has declining mobility, but his strength, experience and aggressive play may be something the Raiders could need, especially since Hue Jackson wants to pound the football with a powerful ground attack.

But Adams has been maligned as a member of the Dallas Cowboys during the last four seasons, where he has compiled 29-false start penalties. The five-time Pro Bowl tackle has only missed 14-games in 13-seasons. Adams, who turns 35 today, was due a $2.5 million roster bonus in June and a $5 million base salary for the 2010 season.

Adams was fined several times in 2009 for various events on the field; kicking Julius Peppers, unnecessary roughness and for two incidents against the New York Giants, one in which Justin Tuck got injured on. “It just proves what kind of dirt bag he is,” Tuck said of Adams.

Raider fans, what do you think? Would Adams fit right in with the Silver & Black?

• Gust372

Kurt Warner’s a fagg.

• RaiderResurrection

Thanks bro. Yeah Cable is a fat turd. Kinda embarrassing actually.

If our fat turd won games (Andy Reid in Philly) then I wouldn’t care too much.

• Einstein

# Gust372 Says:
    May 19th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

———————————–

Jugs, shafts, and Cable’s stomach? You have some strange fetishes man. Please leave them off this blog, we typically try and stick to Raiders football.

• RaiderResurrection

No Flozell doesn’t fit with our team anymore. It used to be full of hair pulling, cigarette burning, Whiskey drinking, face mask pulling, convicts.

Not anymore.

• DMAC

======================
    Cornbread 2.0

• RaiderResurrection

Good one Einstein

• RaiderResurrection

Actually Adams doesn remind me Cornell Brown. NO THANKS!