Raiders could get stationary target

Ordnarily, a first-time offender in the eyes of the NFL gets the benefit of the doubt.

However, it’s conceivable Tennessee quarterback Vince Young could ride Ben Roethlisberger’s coat tails and be slapped with a one-game suspension _ meaning he’d miss the season opener against the Raiders.

Young was 8-2 as a starter after replacing Kerry Collins for the Titans last season, reviving a career that appeared dead in the water because of personal issues and poor play. An alleged assault caught on film at a strip club at 3:30 a.m. may be enough for Commissioner Roger Goodell to follow up the six-game Roethlisberger hammer and put Young out of action.

Collins is a more dangerous medium range and deep thrower than Young but much easier to prepare for considering the Raiders will have an entirely new corps of linebackers. They can play run or pass, and not be concerned with a quarterback which can get them out of position with his feet.

Add to that the status of running back Chris Johnson, the 2,000-yard running back who could sit out much of training camp in a contract dispute, and the Raiders timing appears good.

Chat scheduled for 1 p.m. today . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Just Fire Baby

VY wins games with the Titans, always has, and Kerry Collins doesn’t.

Therefore, I pray that Collins is the starter.

• silvernbleez

Dutchtrader77 watches more TMZ than football

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

COMMENTS FALSELY ATTRIBUTED TO ME!!!

silvernbleez Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:09 am

Maddenraider says:

LoL!! Wow rockstar me too. Go chargers! Powder blues yaaaaaaaay!!!!

NEVER SAID ANY SUCH THING.

THIS IS WHAT THEY DO WHEN THEY SIMPLY DON’T HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT. THEY TAKE THE EASY ROUTE AND PUT WORDS INTO YOUR MOUTH, AND ATTRIBUTE AN ARGUMENT TO YOU THAT THEY CAN BEAT. WEAK. BUT, LIKE OWNER, LIKE FANS. DESPERATION RULES THE DAY.

• silvernbleez

MR, gettin all political on us huh sparky. Don’t cry cuz the chargers are gonn spank that arse again this season!!

• Just Fire Baby

Hollywood21 Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 10:54 am
    Why are so many “Raider Fans” hating on Jason Campbell? He’s hands down the best QB we have on our roster. No he’s not an elite QB but he’s a very good QB, best we’ve had since Gannon.

*********************************

Beforer they came to Oakland, Aaron Brooks and Kerry Collins were miles ahead where Jason Campbell is in his career.

We need our QB to be the 2nd best QB in the division to have any consideration of winning it. We don’t just need an upgrade over Jamarcus.

Campbell has to be better than Orton and Cassell. He was better than Cassell last year, and Orton had a leg up on him. That will be the key to the season.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

I don’t visit for a while as I’m licking my wounds after predicting the Laker’s in 6. But being the NBA, we still can close it in 7 at home. (Just please no Jack Kent Cooke stunt with balloons in the rafters). Then I read the post with the KISS OF DEATH from MR. LOL

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 10:07 am
    As much as I’d hate to see it, I think the Lakers win it. They only have to win by a fraction of a point tonight to get it to game 7, and that’s not hard for them to do at home. And I’m telling you right now, Boston fans might as well not even watch game 7.

MR just fu*ked my Laker’s.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Silvernbleez, it’s way too early. Pass out. Get some rest. When you wake up, call your sponsor.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

How bad can my predictions be? I predict the Raiders to lose every year, and I’m right.

• jhill

jhill Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 7:17 am

I don’t look at what Campbell did in Washington’s offense. I look at the plays WE run and how many times we just said “awww, what was that!???!”

From all indications, Campbell can make the obvious throws and then some.

I’ll even go as far as to say your boy Gradkowski could manage this offense too. As long as that Oline is upgraded that is.

• DutchRaider77

@silvernbleez: “TMZ” Do you read stories on NFL.com, ESPN and watch the NFL network or ESPN. Because the story of Vincent Jackson holding out is a major story for these groups.

Thought the Nation might have an opinion on the Division rival starting #1 receiver being suspended/holdout over Vince Young being suspended “one” game.

• silvernbleez

MR ur sauce is weak

• Just Fire Baby

And please don’t tell me about Campbell’s passing yards again. That has to be the most useless stat in football.

Remember Charlie Frye’s game against the Browns? He threw for more yards than any other QB that week, and was the most passing yards a Raider QB had in 3 years.

And it was a completely awful performance.

• silvernbleez

Sorry dutchtrader77 I have a life.

• BigTed707

Chargers postseason: 10-16
    Chargers Superbowl record: 0-1

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

We’re doing records now, Ted? Where’s Kell at…

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Vegas, if Campbell was in Washington they’d be saying the same things you’re saying about him. But Al signed him. So he has to be great. Don’t you understand that’s the premise of every single football related argument they put forth?

• silvernbleez

MR that’s right. Let Ted know he’s a clown. U hear that Ted, ur own nation doesn’t even support u. Come to the powder blue side of town, we’ll always be there for u.

MR just fu*ked my Laker’s.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

LOL.

• BigTed707

Just pointing out that the Chargers have a weak history and tradition.

AL has almost won more postseason games than the Chargers have appeared in.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Too bad there’s no trophy for being better than the Chargers, Ted.

• silvernbleez

RaiderRockstar says:

I’m changing my name to PowderblueRockstar!!!! Yaaaaaay!!!!!

*****************************

lol! I knew it.

• BigTed707

If there is, it’s worthless cuz’ most teams would have them.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

And the Chargers current win streak vs. the Raiders goes a long way toward settling any post season superiority the Raiders have, especially considering how long its been since the Raiders won a Super Bowl. The last Super Bowl the Raiders went to, they got destroyed. SD did the same in ’94. In this modern era, I think SD’s got the Raiders locked.

• Just Fire Baby

MR,

Campbell is certainly an upgrade over Russell, so I am happy with that.

And who knows, maybe he can be another of Al’s successful reclamation projects. It’s just that people don’t think he is a reclamation project, as if throwing 20 TD’s to 19 turnovers for a 4-12 team is going to just carry over here and zip us into the playoffs.

For Campbell, and the Raiders, to succeed, he will have to be WAAAAYYY better than he has ever been.

• silvernbleez

MR keep it going, I have an old Seau jersey waiting for u.

• Hollywood21

JFB – I wouldn’t say Orton had a leg up on him last season. I would say they very comparable.

K.Orton

COM 327
    COM%64.5
    YDS 3618
    TD 20
    INT 15
    Rat 86.4

And more importantly he was very productive vs. the AFC West (3 out of 4 games) He stunk it up against KC.

OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    KC L 14-6 9 16 89 56.3 5.56 25 0 1 1.0 46.1
    DEN W 27-17 17 26 193 65.4 7.42 27 1 0 3.0 100.3
    OAK W 34-13 16 28 222 57.1 7.93 42 2 0 3.0 106.6
    SD L 23-20 28 42 281 66.7 6.69 84 2 0 1.0 101.4

These are the most important stats to me, seeing what he did vs. our division. These numbers look impressive to me. 1 Int out of 112 passes is pretty good in my book.

I’m just saying give the man a chance before you bash him. I’ve seen 95% of his games (I live in DC) so I know he’s a very capable QB for the Raiders. One thing that might surprise you is how well he moves, he’s not a statue.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Hang in there Exla!

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:40 am

MR,

Campbell is certainly an upgrade over Russell, so I am happy with that.

……………

Of course. It’s because you’re in denial as to how many problems the Raiders have. You think Russell is the reason the Raiders have lost the last few years, despite the Raiders being 2-14 the year before Russell was drafted.

• BigTed707

Raiders v. Chargers: 54-44-2
    Even if the streak goes another 5 years, the Chargers wont be ahead.

• silvernbleez

Don’t get mad Ted!! Just put on a chargers jersey… U’ll find watching a football game all the way through doesn’t have to precede a bottle of Jack and kicking your dog in the ribs after chokeland blows it in the 4th quarter against the chiefs and broncos!! I would say chargers but by the 3rd quarter we pretty much have the game sowed up!

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:35 am
    Too bad there’s no trophy for being better than the Chargers, Ted.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Too bad there’s no trophy for being the blog’s worst fake-name using, cross-posting, cross-dressing, low-life troll.

• silvernbleez

That goes for every raider fan, take the powder blue pill and all your silver and black troubles will instantly dissapear

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

True, Ted. Ron Wolf and Jon Gruden have given the Raiders a pretty good historical advantage against SD. But that streak still speaks volumes. It’s been AGES since the Raiders have beat the Chargers. The Chargers own the Raiders anymore.

• silvernbleez

Qualcomm is a real man’s coliseum

• Just Fire Baby

SD rested a ton of starters in that game against the Skins (last game of season).

He didn’t do so hot against the Chiefs and was benched at halftime.

My brother, die-hard Raider fan, lives right outside of B-More, and has seen JC a lot as well. Calls him the black Jeff George, tons of first-half turnovers and than mop up TD’s at the end of games to pad stats.

• silvernbleez

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:47 am

***********
    yes MR keep feeding Ted the powderblue pill. Take it Ted take it!

• BigTed707

Yup, as long as refs are taking TDs off the board when the Raiders are looking good v. SD, they will own us.

• DeuceDeuce

so Ron Wolf coached too….wow…

Calls him the black Jeff George

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We had BRL now we got BJG? Sacrilige!

• DeuceDeuce

so now 7 years is considered ages?….lol

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

7 years is an awful long time. Imagine if the streak went the other way? If the Chargers hadn’t beaten the Raiders in 7 years? You guys would be wearing t shirts signifying it.

• DeuceDeuce

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 10:57 am
    Best since Gannon based on what? He hasn’t done anything for the Raiders yet. If you’re going to go by stats coming in, without having taken a snap yet for the Raiders, Kerry Collins was a much bigger acquisition. Campbell was error prone in Washington and their system is 20 times more organized and simpler for the QB than ours. I wouldn’t be surprised if he were as bad as Russell in Oakland.
    —-

They had a different coordinator every year Campbell was the QB…so which SYSTEM are you talking bout….

• DeuceDeuce

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    June 15th, 2010 at 11:58 am

And….whats your point. Thats what fans are supposed to do.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

And every single one of those years under all of those coordinators, their system was more QB friendly than the Raiders have ever been since Gruden’s left.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Just pointing out the significance of the streak. It’s a long time. The Chargers own the Raiders. Period.

• DeuceDeuce

so your a NFL offensive expert? wow didnt know that.

• Just Fire Baby

I would love to wear a 7 years and counting shirt….

It would go nicely with my bootlegged Raider guy pissing on a Chief figurine I bought in the Bart tunnel years ago after a whooping we put on them.

• DeuceDeuce

in that case so am I. And Grudens system was not QB friendly at all. Ask all the QBs in Tampa

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

It takes an NFL offensive expert to recognize how impossible it is for a QB to play in Oakland? Didn’t know THAT.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Gruden’s a hard ass, but a QB is 20 times better off in his system than they are in Al Davis’s vertical offense. Ask Rich Gannon.