Seymour signs tender

The Raiders announced on their Twitter account that defensive end Richard Seymour had signed his exclusive franchise tender, meaning all free agents are present and accounted for and should be to camp on time.

Next up for the Raiders is the process of getting rookies signed and into camp, something they’ve done extremely well with the lone exception of the JaMarcus Russell hold out. Last year’s top pick Darrius Heyward-Bey, missed just one practice while his agents were tying up loose ends.

In a year where restricted and unrestricted free agents aren’t signing tenders in the wake of an uncapped year and an ensuing collective bargaining agreement, the Raiders got all their RFAs in for offseason workouts and now will have Seymour in tow for Napa.

Seymour will make nearly $12.398 million on his tender but can still negotiate a long-term deal.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• buckeyeraider

Realistically, I think this could be an 8-8 team. But, an 8-8 team is just a break or two away from 10-6. Or a bad call or injury or two from 6-10.

8-8 would be a marked improvement and major step back towards respectability. I would be happy with that.

But hey, if you’re going to dream, might as well dream big, right?

• Thec07

The org should be be talking with worths agent as we speak. Hopefully the deal gets done….

Worth and henderson were teamates for the tenn vol national championship team….

• JB

MIstaBrown

How about one day without your baited BS – just looking for some back & forth jesting for your entertainment.

For a change why don’t yu really tel us what you think rather than take the opposite side of everything that’s said. If that really is you, then just go away because we don’t need to hear that BS.

• Thec07

Logan Mankins…..org should waste no time on this one.

• http://raidersfans.net Just Win

RRRAAAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEERRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!!

• http://raidersfans.net Just Win

Mistabrown is the blog clown. He’s just a bitter dude cause he can’t get any Cleveland Brown info on a blog.

• Thec07

chargers starting LT mc niek, and best WR jackson to sit out until november…

• Thec07

chargers starting LT mc niel, and best WR jackson to sit out until november…

JB..

I hope we get more than 3 games out of Seymour this year. If you dont like my post you can stick a serrated knife in your anus.

• Just Fire Baby

the addition by subtraction of the Jamarcus Lethargy addiction distraction

*********************************

Damn Buckeye, waxing poetic……

• JB

I think we ought to go after Nick Mangold, C-NYJ. He’s in a contract dispute with the NYJ. They just have to many big contracts coming into play and all the wheels can’t get greased at the same time. Mangold, a 2-time all pro, & 1-time all consensus 1st team all pro would be the missing piece we need to solidify the O-line. Trade next year’s #2 pick (our first of the 2011 draft) for Mangold.

LMAO @ JB
    What is it about B Campbell that reminds you of G Upshaw? Besides the color of their skin?

Lets see….1 is a HOF’er and the other will be lucky to make the team!!!
    ________
    JB Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Bruce Campbell reminds me, physically, of a young Gene Upshaw.

• buckeyeraider

Thec,
    Man, I’ve been seeing that scrolling across the bottom of the screen here lately. Sounds almost too good to be true, doesn’t it? The quote from the GM…We’re trying to win a championship, doing it without those two might be harder, or something along those lines.LOL.

Surely, one side or the other is going to blink first. But wouldn’t that be sweet.

I’m just glad to see all the dysfunction and disharmony going on elsewhere for a change. While the good ship Silver and Black sails on tranquil and productive seas. What an off season. F’n A.

• JB

I said my piece to you MistaBrown, I guess it hit home. You can’t seem to observe & comment without attacking people – a definite character flaw. I’ll just ignore you going forward – no harm no foul.

• Thec07

buckeyeraider, chargers are in for it. They also lost john runyan who played very well on the oline last year as he became a politician.

• MistaBrown

JB, maybe you should visit lenscrafters and find out how B Campbell reminds you of G Upshaw because I done SEE it. Upshaw was ONLY 60 lbs lighter…lmao

G Upshaw 6-5 -255lbs
    B Campbell 6’6 -314lbs

• Thec07

trade tommy kelly straight up for worth…

JB,
    You know who reminds me of Bo Jackson?
    DMAC!

Cant you see the similarities? They are both Afr Amer and wear the same Uni!!! OMG its like Deja Vu!
    hahaha

• JB

Everybody back then was 60# lighter. Upshaw was very athletic and had better than decent speed for a lineman. He was extremely effective pulling on off tackle runs. I believe BCambell can be coached to emulate the same high level performance. He’s got the tools to make it happen. If you disagree, so be it.

Yes JB I agree..
    B Campbell has shown nothing but promise in all ZERO of his NFL games so far. Im with you on this bro….I see 10 or 11 pro bowls in his future!

• JB

Glad you agree.

• MistaBrown

JB, after you decided to make an issue out of my post on Seymour that wasnt at all directed at you or anybody here it was just my thoughts you said you would ignore me. Now that I know you are a liar as well as a derelect resume humping your sister and stfu.

• JB

Gotcha!

• noteasilyimpressed

Wouldn’t it be nice if posters would stay on the subject???

• JB

What are you, 13? Certainly act like it. Go to your room.

• MistaBrown

JB seeing how athletes are big and stronger now than they were when G Upshaw played, and seeing how B Campbell has yet to even play a pre-season game you can understand what a comical and ridiculous statement from you to be reminded of G Upshaw when you look at B Campbell right?

LOL
    First day on a blog?
    _____

# noteasilyimpressed Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Wouldn’t it be nice if posters would stay on the subject???

• http://www.nataliegulbis.com Richochet

# Seymour Bush Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 11:48 am

He better sign the tender
    ===================
    Thinking for you is such a challenge, isn’t it, GlennDork?

The very first sentence Jerry posted stated he had already signed the tender..you then rush to post this, proving reading and comprehension were never your strong suit.

Besides dating 15 year old girls, what exactly is your strong suit?

oh, that’s right..according to you, you had enough money at 18 to buy your own house, WHILE you were graduating from college at 20, because you were in a hit rock band at 18.

Of COURSE you were, Oakdork…we believe you.

No…really…we do.

don’t we?

• MistaBrown

SeymourGlen, take your meds.

____

# Just Win Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

• http://www.nataliegulbis.com Richochet

# noteasilyimpressed Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Wouldn’t it be nice if posters would stay on the subject???
    ==================
    $5.00 says you don’t know what the subject is….

Ok…..GO!

• MistaBrown

Richochet, put this in your vault.
    _____

KoolKell Says:
    May 29th, 2008 at 1:59 pm
    I saw Randy in there a couple of years ago, I had some questions for him about his negative comments in the paper. Believe it or not, he took off running with a full grocery basket to his car in the parking lot. He called over his shoulder, “you have eyes don’t you” But he wanted no part of me.

• MistaBrown

“The Raiders announced on their Twitter account that defensive end Richard Seymour had signed his exclusive franchise tender”
    ______

# Seymour Bush Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 11:48 am

He better sign the tender

• http://www.nataliegulbis.com Richochet

This is a brain- Raiders 2010= 6-10.

This is a brain on drugs:

# JB Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Here’s my best guess:

At Tenn – Win (No Young or Johnson)
    St. Louis Rams – Win
    At Arizona Cardinals – Win
    Houston Texans – Loss
    San Diego Chargers – Win
    At SF 49ers – Win
    At Denver Broncos – Loss (tough place for us)
    Seattle Seahawks – Win
    KC Chiefs – Win
    BYE WEEK
    At Pittsburg Steelers – Win (We beat them last year and can do it again)
    Miami Dolphins – Loss (Mia just does well against us)
    At San Diego Chargers – Loss
    At Jacksonville Jaguars – Win
    Denver Broncos – Loss
    Indianapolis Colts – Win (Colts resting stars)
    At KC Chiefs Win

Result: 11-5 AFC-W Champion
    =============================
    Are you freaking serious?

11-5? lol…I mean, why not just for got the gusto…state 16-0??

How in the hell can the Raiders go 11-5?

• MistaBrown

Richard Seymour did you hear SeymourBushGlen? He said you better sign the tender…

Or he will make you sign it…..AGAIN!
    lmao

• http://www.nataliegulbis.com Richochet

# MistaBrown Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Richochet, put this in your vault.
    _____

KoolKell Says:
    May 29th, 2008 at 1:59 pm
    ===================
    lol…already have it..from the first go round.

Classic stuff.

• http://www.nataliegulbis.com Richochet

So, everyone’s getting banned? for what?

• MistaBrown

This is my favorite assumption by “posters”.

“At Pittsburg Steelers – Win (We beat them last year and can do it again)”

Nothing like some good scientific logic! Take it to the bank fellas!
    haha

• buckeyeraider

If I may,
    I used to have an NFL films piece on the late Gene Upshaw. It compared his appearance, with his padded forearms to a mummy who broke down the walls of an ancient crypt. Anyway, Upshaw said his favorite part of the game, and his forte really, was pulling and leading a sweep. He was VERY mobile. He said he liked to get out there and see the fear in a db’s eyes, cause the lil sucka didn’t know what to do or where to hide.

Now, fast forward. The comparison comes in to B Campbell. At the combine the guy ran like a TE, at 310 freakin lbs. VERY mobile. If you watch his youtube highlights, he looks very adept at getting outside and leading sweeps. He sent some dudes flyin.

That’s the comparison JB was getting at, I believe. He certainly wasn’t implying Bruce Campbell is a future hall of famer or anything.

Some people just need to blow things all out of proportion, I guess.

• Raiderbuck
  • MistaBrown

Buckeye, thats sweet of you to speak for Jb, you should probably give him a reach around while your at it, but he said “physically” he is reminded of G Upshaw not by his “leading a sweep” ability. I dont see how 2 guys separated by 60lbs is remotely similar by any stretch but my vision is 20/20.

Can we at least see Campbell in a pre-season game to start the comparisons?

• buckeyeraider

Rich-O,
    How the hell are ya? Ain’t been around these parts much lately. Spending your summer fishing and golfing, it sounds like. Kinda missed your surliness and lazerlike focus.
    As long as it’s not aimed at me. LOL.

• buckeyeraider

Reach around? Sounds like you might be speaking from experience, Mistabrown. Which not coincidentally rhymes with Ass Clown.

• JB

buckeyeraider Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 5:29 pm

************************

Exactly. Thank you for noticing. I’ve met Upshaw a umber of times and have seen all his home games. He was impressive coming around the corner. DB definitely didn’t want anything to do with that. Now, just imagine that same scenario, maybe just a little quicker & 60#’s larger. That works.

• JB

# buckeyeraider Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

**********************

A poet no less. LMAO

• MistaBrown

Right! Thanks for noticing what I didn’t say eh JB?
    lmao

____

JB Says:
    June 19th, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Exactly. Thank you for noticing.

• JB

For you younger fans, you missed a lot by not being able to see the old players. They earned many of those nicknames. The Assassin really was. The Molestor did that regularily to WR’s. D. Death was just that at safety. The game was a lot more vicious back then. Head slaps, iron barring, constant hit & run contact on WR’s was normal. We had a RT back then that came from the LA Rams- BIG Bob Brown. He to wore wrappings around his arms (like Upshaw). I believe they had hard-shelled protective devices under the wraps for more effective blocking techniques. Bob Brown, during a practice, actually broke a goalpost with a forearm swing. The guy was a real monster. Those were really the good days. They were truly one bad ass group – both on and off the field.

• MistaBrown

JB does SuckEyeRaider chew your bubble gum for you too or just think and type for ya? Oh look I made a rhyme, such a poet we all are!

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

To all my friends in Cali, There is a…….YES,, Peter Frampton……Concert Tour……on your way. You don’t want to miss it, they are smoking up the East Coast, even if you saw them before, they are rocking out the houses here, do not miss this!!!!!

• MistaBrown

JB, for you older guys that dont have Cable or Satellite. There’s this thing called ESPN now, they have alot of throw back specials where you can see teams from back in the day. Heck sometimes they even do hour long specials on just 1 team, for example the Oakland Raiders. You should check it out! You know Hiram Eugene reminds me of G Atkinson, how about you?

• MistaBrown

Oh gee wiz let me go break my piggy bank so I don’t miss this one!
    ____