Raiders sign third-, fourth-round selections Veldheer, Campbell

Almost half of the more than 250 players selected in the 2010 NFL draft in April are under contract. Yet, until Friday none of the Raiders nine draftees had signed.

That changed when the Raiders signed offensive linemen Jared Veldheer and Bruce Campbell to long-term contracts. The Raiders still have plenty of work to do in this area, given training camp begins in less than three weeks.

Not to worry, though. The Raiders have a long history of getting all of their draft picks signed in time for the start of training camp. The notable exception, of course, was former quarterback JaMarcus Russell missing all of training camp in 2007, as well as the first week of the regular season, while his agent and the Raiders haggled over a contract.

Veldheer was the third player selected by the Raiders, Campbell the fourth. Linebacker Rolando McClain (first round) and defensive end Lamarr Houston (2nd) are the only players selected higher who are unsigned.

McClain has said more than once that he doesn’t expect much difficulty in reaching agreement on a contract with the Raiders and that he intends to be on the field in Napa for the first practice.

The other draftees who have yet to sign are wide receiver Jacoby Ford (fourth-rounder), cornerback Walter McFadden (5th), linebacker Travis Goethel (6th), and defensive backs Jeremy Ware (7th) and Stevie Brown (7th).

None of those mid- to low-rounders are expected to pose a problem getting under contract, and deals should be consummated long before camp starts.

The Raiders have high hopes for Veldheer and Campbell. Both played offensive tackle in college, Veldheer at Hillsdale (Mich.) College and Campbell at Maryland. Campbell has moved to guard for now so that he can get more reps and become more versatile, according to coach Tom Cable.

The Raiders are hopeful that Veldheer and Campbell mature into starters before long and serve as the anchors for the offensive line for years to come. It’s conceivable that one or both will be in the starting lineup at some point this season, if not for the regular-season opener against the Tennessee Titans.

Steve Corkran

• Seymour Bush

Since you have been here I don’t think you have said one truthful thing. EVen given dozens of opportunities

• Seymour Bush

No, you’re a pathological liar.

• Ok, everyone knows you’re Oakglen, lol…even you.

Witness, moron.

Richochet Says:
    June 25th, 2010 at 3:18 pm
    # Seymour Bush Says:
    June 25th, 2010 at 3:12 pm
    Poor poor Captain Wuss, jumping up and down yelling “please oakglen pay attention to MMMMEEEEEEEEEEE!” “I run a business.” “I’m important!!!!” Captain Wuss, for the trillionth time, no one cares what you think.
    ================
    ROFLMFAO…
    are you SO STUPID YOU DON’T REALIZE THAT YOU JUST COPPED TO THE FACT YOU’RE OAKGLEN??

• Seymour Bush

It must suck to be you seriously. It must really suck to be you. I now feel really sorry for you.

• Remember this, Oakglen? 🙂

Want proof? Sure
    Look familiar? 2008 as Oakglen..2010 as Seymour
    · Oakglenn Says:
    July 10th, 2008 at 3:41 pm
    Ignore MR and don’t respond to his posts. He lives in a smelly trailer in Sacto, has a lap dog named Montana and walks around in a Steve Young Jersey. That’s why he posts all that Anti Raider garbage. Just ignore him
    =====================
    # Seymour Bush Says:
    May 24th, 2010 at 11:06 pm
    hahahaha. richochet is melting, melting, melting. But as long as he has his #8 Steve young jersey on, it will be alright. Now get back in the closet both of you!!

• Seymour Bush

You’re a proven pathological liar richochet. Who cares.

• What happened to your Debo handle?

Oh…now I remember…

Richochet Says:
    May 26th, 2010 at 2:48 pm
    Seymour? How is it you know EXACTLY the differences between Debo and you? Isn’t it “odd” that someone could just quickly rattle off the differences? Why would anyone even note that?
    Unless, of course, they just happen to be…..lol…well..you know.
    ==============
    · Seymour Bush Says:
    May 10th, 2010 at 9:30 pm
    # MistaBrown Says:
    May 10th, 2010 at 9:23 pm
    Seymour, do you want to talk about lies?
    How many aliases do you have ?
    ============================================
    None. In fact if you had half a brain you could tell. You say I am debo. Debo is fine with Stanford Routt. Debo is fine with Kiffin. I think routt should be cut ASAP. I never liked kiffin. It’s ridiculous that you would even think that, but again, your cranial capacity is quite limited. So, just throwing around lies is easier. Isn’t it?

• Seymour Bush

Who cares richochet? No one cares.

• Seymour Bush

Why can you not tell the truth?

• Seymour Bush

Why can you not tell the truth richochet?

• Wow..dude…Johnny Unitas?
    Cool.

Oakglenn Says:
    July 27th, 2008 at 12:42 pm
    Actually Daze, I saw both Unitas and Elway play many times with my own eyes. Elway was the best QB I ever saw. hate to say it but it’s true. If he had the Pro Bowlers and Hall of Famers Montana had, he would have won 6-8 Super Bowls.

• Seymour Bush

What is WRONG with you that you can’t ever tell the truth?

• Seymour Bush

You done richochet? You’ve done nothing but evade my questions. Kind of gutless don’t you think?

• # Seymour Bush Says:
    July 11th, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Who cares richochet? No one cares.
    ==================
    au contraire’, old man.

There are no shortages of posters enjoying laughing at your sorryass..as you well know.

Now? Not many on…but tomorrow?
    Chuckles galore 🙂

• Seymour Bush

Why are you such a coward richochet? You think he who types fastest wins. It doesn’t work that way.

• Seymour Bush

You have glossed yourself, ran away and posted stuff I schooled you on months ago. Sure, you win. How’s about one question I asked you. Never answered did you. I guess you win by running away and hiding.

• Tell us again, Oakdork, how DHB “improved as the year went on” lol

• 1. Seymour Bush Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:43 pm
    # 30 year raider Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 7:36 pm
    DHB never really improved last year…he just was there floating around… i aint goona lie i wolud like us to upgrade our wr coach tho.. sanjay lal lmao we could do better than him
    ==========================================
    Actually DHB did improve as the year went on, but not at NEAR the rate or PRODUCTION any of us would have hoped.

• Seymour Bush

Being a gutless loser liar is not winning richochet. Unless you are a psychotic pathological liar. I guess you win there.

• Seymour Bush

You never answered the liar question richochet.

• “glossed myself”???
    Who uses that?

You never answered the Whiner Fan question richochet

• Seymour Bush

You never provided any proof about your Chuckie flipping off Al richochet.

• OH YEAH, YOU DO, LOL..

· Oakglenn Says:
    August 9th, 2009 at 10:38 pm
    No. You haven’t responded to my arguments. You have just glossed yourself and said how great you are. Even tho all your points have been refuted, and you can’t even spell. What else you got?? You sure don’t have any game?? You’re just a loud mouth dummass.

• Seymour Bush

All you do is spew lies richochet. That’s all you do.

• Oakglenn Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 8:58 pm All he does is fight with other Raider fans and humiliate himself. + he glosses the Browns.

• Oakglenn.=Not to gloss myself but I have more insight into the QB position than most”-

• Seymour Bush

Richochet no one other than you and mistabrOwn care and you are a KNOWN PROVEN pyschopath.

• lol…I think that’s enough torture for tonight, Old Man.

Bye Oakdork…don’t forget the meds.

• Seymour Bush

Richochet, richochet, richochet we have already gone over this a million times. You keep running away, running away. You won’t stand and fight will you gutless loser

• Seymour Bush

Richochet you didn’t torture anyone. You just ran away. Gutless POS.

• Seymour Bush

That was THE MOST gutless peformance richochet has EVER put out. And he is known as Captain Wuss.

• Seymour Bush

Ran away and hid. Gutless. Truly gutless.

• Seymour Bush

Never answered one question. Gutless truly truly gutless.

• Seymour Bush

Right there is your proof that that female is NOT a Raider fan. Raider fans don’t just run away and hide.

• Seymour Bush

I don’t really know what his wacked out point was but Does anyone really care who AIG or Seymour Bush or Vegas Raider or Raider Dell is? Do any of you actually care?

• priesttj

Seymour Bush

What’s your honest opinion of Jason Campbell are you sold on him?

• priesttj

Sey mour they say you’re everyone dude, I just deal with the here and now. I can’t get that deep trying to compare and contrast.

• Seymour Bush

Sorry Presttj. I think I must have broken richochets brain, because he just posted for twenty minutes, made no sense, lied, ran away and hid. Sucks to be him.

As for your question, I can’t be sold on Jason as a Raider because I have never seen him in a Raider uni. He had better players around him in Washington than we had here last year. But here is what I know about him coming in: The guy certainly has skills, and he is a hard worker. He’s been in the league awhile so he knows the ropes and is not going to be easily fooled. He is a bit inconsistent, and he seems to make his biggest mistakes at the absolute worst times. He is also really a nice guy, probably TOO nice a guy to be a successful Q in this league. That’s my own personal scouting report on him.

• Seymour Bush

Honestly Priesttj I could care less if you were Osama Bin Laden posting on this site. But I am not a proven pyscho like richochet or mistabrOwn tho.

• priesttj

Seymour

Heard that man, these guy’s are so consumed with who someone once was. But it appears to me that everyone who does this has changed at least a few times. It’s indiginous to this medium.

On Jason Campbell I guess I’ll agree with your assesment until I see what he does here it’s hard for me to get a read on him. I heard about his misfortunes at the worse times in games and that plus the fact that he hasn’t won scares me. So I guess I’ll hope for the best and expect the worst. It’ll ly somewhere in the middle. Occassionally a player will come to a new situation and feel like he’s getting a fresh start and really find himself. So let’s hope so…

• Seymour Bush

Jason’s a good guy and has nice abilities and he works hard. DHB will be better this year. So will Murphy. So will the RB’s and Michael Bennett is a nice veteran addition. It is really going to boil down to how quickly and how well the Offensive linemen can play and jell. All that being said, I have a funny feeling Raider fan is going to turn on Jason much faster than normal if things don’t go right especially after the Russell debacle.

• priesttj Says:
    July 11th, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Seymour

==================
    Actually it’s not.
    Sure, some change their handle for whatever reason. MOST make it obvious who they once were. Aig was Al is God, you were BHP, Vegas stated who he is NOW..

But you get losers like Oakglen and MR who create handles just to converse and prop themselves? That’s sorryass.
    It’s Oakglen signing in, at the same time, as Captain Black, and 666, and BS Detector..AT THE SAME TIME..having conversations with himself.
    Same as Oakglen now signing in as SeymourBush, AND 666, AND Debo, AND and as a couple of others.

Seymour is just too stupid to pull it off without making it obvious.
    As is MR and his slew of handles, and his daily hijackings.

It’s not a big deal, for it’s fun to laugh at those insecure sorryass fools who do it because they feel inept.

• Seymour Bush Says:
    July 11th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Jason’s a good guy and has nice abilities and he works hard.
    ==========================
    What are you, a woman?
    “a good guy”?
    “nice abilities”??? lmao….NICE ABILITIES?

Take your purse, and get to bed, Old man.

• priesttj

Seymour Bush

I am very concerned about that, If Campbell isn’t an immediate success these guy’s wont be patient at all with him because of what they’ve been through. THat’s why I asked the question in the first place. These guy’s are so sure that NOW we’re going to the playoffs since Russell’s gone and if they don’t see marked improve they will overeact as always and start scraming for the backup. And we’ll be back to square one.

If I were the Raiders I just wouldn’t oversell Campbell I’d let him play out the year see where we are then determine where we go from there. But I have a feeling we aren’t done looking there are some very good young kids coming out some like J Johnson from Texas A&M who will go mid rnd with talent. There are some others like Mallet form Ark as well. But I wont get ahead myself yet let’s give the guy this year.

• armond

we will and should draft a qb next year. even if jc becomes a stud we need to have a young guy to develope so we never get stuck in this qb rut again. stabler was the last qb we drafted and developed that was a star.next years qb clas will put this one to shame.

• priesttj

Armond

It’s a very deep class starting with Locker, I think Luck may come out too. But it’s a very good class. If we can get a kid like for instance that Johnson kid I like a lot. Luck in 5 years will be the best QB in the class IMO.

• fat kidd

we need to bring back jamarcus russell after he has a year in the ufl.

• fat kidd

just kidding

• armond

johnson from a&m is nice but i dont think luck will come out. if he does that means he had a great year and there is no way we would be able to get him especially without that 1rst rndr. he is the guy to watch out for but mallet fits in well for this offense as well. next years qb class should be special if it all works out. its about time for a new generation of qbs to come along. im hopin brock mansion at cal beats out riley to begin his collegiate career. ive seen enuf of riley now.