A few preliminary notes following Raiders’ practice as relayed by beat writer Steve Corkran:
– Wide receiver Chaz Schilens underwent arthroscopic knee surgery. Coach Tom Cable was not sure how long he would be out.
– Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey returned to practice and looked the better for sitting out four practices with “fatigue,” making a few plays after dropping off in the sessions that preceded his absence. Running back Darren McFadden was also back on the field.
– Alex Daniels is once again a defensive lineman. He was back to wearing No. 71, instead of 39, and Cable said after practice things hadn’t progressed as the staff had hoped.
– Right tackle Langston Walker (lower back) and defensive tackle Richard Seymour (triceps) didn’t practice, nor did center Samson Satele. Cable said Satele’s ankle injury, sustained early in the Bears game, did not look serious.
– Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski will see considerable action in the last two preseason games, although Cable would not commit as to whether he would go in as No. 2 or No. 3.
More to come later . . .