Training camp over . . . Jackson speaks

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, August 26th, 2010 at 10:47 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders completed their final practice in Napa Thursday morning.

A few highlights relayed by beat writer Steve Corkran, with more news and notes to follow later:

– Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson gave a 13-minute interview for the first time since being hired Jan. 26, complimenting Raiders owner Al Davis and saying,“We’re trying to build a bully here.”

– No. 2 quarterback is officially up for grabs between Bruce Gradkowski and Kyle Boller, coach Tom Cable said. The coach conceded Gradkowski would have been considered the favorite coming into camp. However, Gradkowski’s missed time while recovering from a torn pectoral muscle and then a groin injury, combined with Boller’s “outstanding” play, has evened up the competition with two preseason games to go.

– Cable said starters would play the first half and then open the third quarter against San Francisco before leaving the game.

– Players ruled out of the 49ers game included cornerback Chris Johnson, defensive end Daniels, center Samson Satele, defensive end end Jay Richardson. Darren McFadden will play, Cable said.

More to come . . .

1st!

yo

***

Chaz is gonna hobble out there ???

3rd????

# 30 year raider Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:48 am

WHATS UP NATION!!!! havent been on much lately my wife was in the hosp. needed bedrest due to complications of pregancy. all is good now mom and son are home safe and my lilraider is ready to kick some afc west azz!!!!

wuz up mr rockstar????

Quote:
    Marcus from San Jose writes: Are there are any veteran receivers Oakland could have its eye on?

Bill Williamson: I think Oakland will definitely look at receivers on the waiver wire after the Sept. 4 cut day. The Raiders are young and green at the position. They could use some veteran help. I have a name to keep tabs on: T. J. Houshmandzadeh. There has been some chatter that Seattle could cut him. If so, I think Oakland could pounce on him. His skills are dwindling and he will be 33 soon. But he’s a veteran who could help this unit. Again, he’s not available yet. But if he becomes free, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Raiders pursued

Why not offer a late round pick for him, give up on Chaz already- He’s a lost cause.

man im so pumped for this season!!cant wait till sept 12

30YR: wow man, thats terrible

wifey and I had a similar little scare during the 1st trimester and she had 2 weeks bedrest as well

at the start of the 2nd trimester to present (27 weeks) it’s been smooth sailing. glad to know you’re wife & baby are safe too man, for real. Even if he does grow up to be a lousy Lakers fan :)

• 30 year raider

i wouldnt give up completly on chaz but its looking very bleak for him right now

• HairyBush

I think with Chaz it will always be something.

• http://atm Raider O

RR,

I posted something for you in the prev thread

I don’t think we are using players like TH, Huff, Nnamdi, MM, JLH, and DMC i’m a way to get the most production out of them.

***

Raider O: you mean that fat monkey Cable isn’t a good coach ???

• crister

god, what’s with the boller fascination? unless throwing the ball from your knees through the goal posts is a scripted play, what does this guy actually do well? he’s looked good. well, he should considering he’s a 6 or 7 year vet playing against scrubs, first and second year players. how much suckier would he be if he actually struggled?

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:52 am

30YR: wow man, thats terrible

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

thank you rock… his name is rock!!! lol actually gave him a good italian name rocco anthony.. we will call him rock tho..

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

I am not gonna get my hopes up too much, but I can’t wait to see what McFadden can do with Hue Jackson calling plays.

• http://atm Raider O

30 Year Raider,

I’m glad all is well now bro.

• HairyBush

Mcfadden will be awesome on screens and in the slot, until week 2 when he get’s sand in his vag and misses 6 games lol

• 30 year raider

????????????????????? does anyone out there think that tyvon branch can play cb?????

gave him a good italian name rocco anthony.. we will call him rock tho..

sweet!

thats a good strong name. I like the names Jaxson, Hunter & Logan too

• http://atm Raider O

That’s exactly what I’m saying RR.
    Podunk
    Express
    Farms
    What’s wrong with you? lol

# Raider O Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:56 am

30 Year Raider,

I’m glad all is well now bro.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@22

does anyone out there think that tyvon branch can play cb?????

he did it at UConn, 3 years ago

30YR: you don’t think CJ37 or Routt are good enough opposite Nnamdi ?

• http://atm Raider O

He played CB at college, but I think he is better at playing S in the NFL. He loves contact.

aiderRockstar Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:58 am

gave him a good italian name rocco anthony.. we will call him rock tho..

sweet!

thats a good strong name. I like the names Jaxson, Hunter & Logan too
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol we thought of jaxon and hunter too!!! lol but went back to my heritage…

thats a good strong name. I like the names Jaxson, Hunter & Logan too
    ————————
    I wanted to name ny 1st born hunter, but I already named my dog Hunter. (I don’t know why the wife had such a problem with both of them being named Hunter lol)

Have to say Routt looked pretty good against Chicago

Podunk
    Express
    Farms

***

I’ll just lease you the land and tell the sherrif you’re growing corn and soybeans 40 yards from the river

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:59 am

does anyone out there think that tyvon branch can play cb?????

he did it at UConn, 3 years ago

30YR: you don’t think CJ37 or Routt are good enough opposite Nnamdi ?
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

i do but man if stevie brown gets another pick this week WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO GET HIM ON THE FIELD…HE IS DEF A BALLHAWK

• http://atm Raider O

I like to see MM play SS or FS. The guy has good speed, and he needs to improve his coverage skills.

I wanted to name ny 1st born hunter, but I already named my dog Hunter.

***

I’m in a family full of hunters, so a kid named Hunter would make perfect sense

good dog names are Rufus & Bruno imo

————————
    I respect a guy making plays and being around the ball, but you have to admit they were interceptions that you are I could make rather easily. Just sayin

rufus and bruno lmao

rufus, I said come!

Bruno, lay down!

“Darren McFadden will play, Cable said.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The betting line just shifted…

# HairyBush Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 11:04 am

————————
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

OH I AGREE but ive been reading hes doing this in practice too!

• http://atm Raider O

What kind talk is that RR? No lease shmease! Partners my friend! 50/50!

REF:
    We stick it to you too!

***

you fooled me man. Just when I thought you were gonna make a bid for Mike Mitchell at SS next to Huff with Branch at CB, it’s Stevie Brown?

you never know. He’s definately got scholarship guy Hiram Eugene on the chopping block – hope Stevie makes a few more plays against SF. I’m rooting for him

• HairyBush

OH I AGREE but ive been reading hes doing this in practice too!
    ————————–
    I read that as well, I just don’t know who would be cut to make room for him. Practice squad perhaps?

• HairyBush

Cut Chaz, sign stevie Brown :)

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 11:06 am

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

oh hiram i just gotlayed on my back eugene is going to be fired in 2 weeks print that!!

What kind talk is that RR? No lease shmease! Partners my friend! 50/50!

***

Raider O: what would the kids I teach at church think if thier youth leader got busted for growing & selling weed?

LOL

• http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae336/r8eray/ad/family08016.jpg r8eray

When does the NFL season start?

• Thec07

HairyBush Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:50 am
    Quote:

++++++++++++++++++

Taking Hous at the exspense of developing or cutting one of our youngnsters is a tough call.
    We are keeping 6, Chaz isnt going anywhere.

Keepers;
    DHB
    Higgs
    CHAZ
    Murphy
    Ford
    ___________
    Battling it out for the last position;
    Watkins Miller Figurs

JLH, and JFORD can hadle the KOR/PR duties.

Hous would take the last spot…

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

intercepting a pass is NEVER easy, no matter how easy these guys make it look. Anybody who in consecutive games can get himself in a position to catch a pass not thrown at him, secure the ball in his hands without bobbling, then quickly get upfield deserves a roster spot on this team in my opinion.

• Thec07

I just put 3 bets on the line against a niner fan.

1. we are up at halftime.
    2. Asmith is sacked more than JC.
    3. Asmith will be sacked at least 3 times.

When does the NFL season start?

Ray: Sept 9th (I think)

HairyBush Says:
    August 26th, 2010 at 10:57 am

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

LMAO!!!!!!!! Can he become our slit receiver?

• Captain Mudslide & the Dingle Berry Posse

Post 31, RR….when i heard Rocco another name was on the tip of my tongue and you just hit the nail on the head….BRUNO!