By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, August 29th, 2010 at 5:20 pm in Oakland Raiders.
A few highlights from Tom Cable’s conference call:
– Quarterback Jason Campbell has a right wrist injury that is more significant at this point than his stinger. It happened on the series previous to the one in which he was injured. He’s had an MRI and X-rays and Cable said it will be evaluated this week.
– Running back Michael Bush will have a “procdure” on his fractured left thumb but wont’ necessarily miss the opener. Cable said Bush would be “protected” but not with a cast.
– Chaz Schilens’ arthroscopic knee surgery is a “three to six week issue.” Cable said he’d be questionable for the opener, meaning he’s more than likely out.
– Cornerback Chris Johnson and center Samson Satele will practice this week. Both have been been challenged for their starting positions, Johnson by Stanford Routt, Satele by Jared Veldheer.
– Veldheer earned mixed reviews from Cable on his starting debut. He will play both center and tackle this week, an indication Satele is probably still the front-runner.
– Cornerback Joey Thomas (concussion) and defensive tackle Desmond Bryant (elbow) are day to day. Neither Jay Richardson (knee) or Alex Daniels will be ready to play in the next preseason game.
More to come . . .