Campbell a spectator

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 at 1:43 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Quarterback Jason Campbell wasn’t participating in practice Tuesday during the 20-minute media window as the Raiders started a shorts and shells workout, according to beat writer Steve Corkran.

Everything appeared to be status quo from Monday. Running back Michael Bush (fractured thumb) was not present.

One player who was not accounted for was tight end Eric Butler, signed Aug. 19.

The Raiders had to cut one player to get to 75 players today.

If Butler was let go, the Raiders are left with three tight ends _ Zach Miller, Brandon Myers and John Owens.

The Raiders normally carry three tight ends on the 53-man roster, but considering they’ve used offensive lineman (most often Erik Pears) as an extra tight end in short yardage situations, it’s conceivable that when the dust clears after the final cut, only Miller and Myers will remain.

More to come later . . .

• Thec07

Raider NATION…

2nd?

• Thec07

Veldheer start him on the oline, and start satele
    Veldheer is the backup C….

Trade DMAC for Eric Butler!

• The Big Banana

Not a big deal. Campbell should be fine. And if he isn’t, there isn’t much drop off in going to Grads.

One player who was not accounted for was tight end Eric Butler, signed Aug. 19.

The Raiders had to cut one player to get to 75 players today.

***

I’m not surprised …

mild surprise that all 5 of the first cuts were on offense though. all defensive players get another crack at home against Seattle, Thursday night

• HairyBush

yo

• The Big Banana

RR – I see you’re now including 4 RBs in your final 53. Good work.

• priesttj

I simple can’t believe a Raider fan asked me for a link source as to wether Satele played Franklin and the best C in the league.

Now that is funny….lol

He has started in the NFL for 3 straight years he played Franklin in the preseason last year. He played the NT for the Cowboy’s in the regular season last year, neeed I go on…….. what are these guy’s smoking? Veldheer ganga???

Coaches watch film they knew what they were getting when they got Satele they haven’t drafted a C since he’s been here. They’re using Veldheer for depth………..period same as JLH or W Mcfadden or any other backup player.

That is it and that is all…..

I see you’re now including 4 RBs in your final 53. Good work.

***

thanks Banana. I’d rather be right than consistant

• DKnight007

Hue needs to implement some more moving the pocket rollout plays within the passing game to protect the QB and buy him more time to throw, because the O-Line is too inconsistent with their pass protection.

• The Big Banana

lol

Wassup peoples!!!!!!!!

• Thec07

DKnight007 Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 1:52 pm

++++++++++++++++=

I am sure the O will have this wrinkle implemented. we did nt shown anything as of yet…

• severeraiderz

For everyone supporting Veldheer as a better player than Satele at C, please explain the difference in the ability of Bush to find yards in the running game and the difference in the effectivness of our screen game. Veldheer does not finish his blocks in the running game or get to the second level in the run game or on screen passes. He is not ready and if had to play a legitimate starter at NT in the NFL he would have been overpowered and had an even tougher time. In two stints at C he has accounted for at least 3 sacks!!! He is much more natural at the OT position than at C position.

• Thec07

what up DMAC? You had a decent showing receiving the ball your first game back… I expect you to improve on that, what say you???

• DMAC

You know I’m going to have a monster season.

• DMAC

How bout’ some fk’n blocks on the run game. Everytime I touched the ball P. Willis was all over me in the back field.

DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 1:58 pm
    You know I’m going to have a monster season.

***

I thought you got traded for a Jimmy Carter bumper sticker?

• The Big Banana

# DKnight007 Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 1:52 pm

=====================================================

Needs to be more creative than the Cable version from last year, that’s for sure. Well-timed and well-disguised screens, etc. Keep those rushers honest. Encouraging to see them improving on the screen by so much this year. So, with that, I think you’ll get your wish Dknight.

• DMAC

We should all be concerned over our starting RG not our C. Coup sucks.

• severeraiderz

DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 1:59 pm
    …………………………………………..

You can thank a certain 6’8″ OL out of Hillsdale for that.

Not at all RR.
    I’m back.

• Thec07

DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 1:58 pm
    You know I’m going to have a monster season.

+++++++++==

word…

• Thec07

Jerry, do we have a status on Satele?

• DMAC

Wassup w/ Bruce Campbell? Haven’t heard too much on this guy. Must be real raw.

• The Big Banana

DMAC – you work this offseason on avoiding those hashmarks? Those things are brutal, man. Can jump out of nowhere and bite your ankles…..as you already know.

• DMAC

My ankles are buff as hell now.
    WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???????????? Raider Nation
    If you could take your pick as our 3rd string RB. Who would you go w/?
    Rock or Bennet?
    I’m going w/ Bennet. He’s looked pretty good in the pre-season.

• The Big Banana

lol. Good to hear. Lift those knees this year, buddy.

JCamp & MBush need to sit out on Thursday night.

I’m sure they are “fatigued”

Gradkowski, Boller & Brennan at QB

McFadden, Bennett & Cartwright at RB

good enough – get it done boys!

• severeraiderz

Remember how on that Forte run when McClain over ran the play the C totally wiped him out. Also remember how Satele had a great block downfield on that screen to Reece in game one and on that long Bush run in game two. How many play creating blocks has Veldheer made…. us fans are forcing him into a position that he is not ready for and when he gets abused by the first NFL DT he sees we will be calling for his head.

• The Big Banana

I’ll also take Bennett as the 3rd RB. But keep all 4.

• severeraiderz

DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 2:03 pm
    Wassup w/ Bruce Campbell? Haven’t heard too much on this guy. Must be real raw.
    ****************************

With OL usually the less you hear the better.

DMAC: it doesn’t matter who you’ve got in the rearview

900 yards rushing & 900 yards receiving this year, right bro?

MBush with 700 yards rushing & 450 yards receiving. 5 more TD’s than you, being the go-to guy in goaline situations

DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 2:08 pm
    ???????????? Raider Nation
    If you could take your pick as our 3rd string RB. Who would you go w/?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Anyone but you. No offense.

• DMAC

With OL usually the less you hear the better.
    =============
    I hope thats the case, because I would really like to see Bruce take over for Coup at the RG position sometime this season.

• severeraiderz

Bennett for 3rd RB and Cartwright as sacrificial lamb to cut down to 53

• priesttj

Severeraiderz

I know you mean well with your question to these guy’s but they aint gonna answer because truth be told they don’t know.

I have to apolgize to them because it is very clear to me that they’re great fans and they mean well most of the time. It just frustrates me when I read stuff that is so backwards it’s ridiculous yet they state it with such pomp and circumstance. The scouts are idots the owner is a dumbell we’ll never win until he’s dead. The coaches are fools it really gets my nerves. Then they can’t even describe basic football but everyone actually doing it for a living is stupid.

That’s why I say things the way I say them sometimes because they are so callous with their attitudes. No one likes losing …..no one!!

• DMAC

It’s cool. I love the doubters. We’ll see this season.

the owner is a dumbell we’ll never win until he’s dead.

***

FREE DAKOTA, BAN TJ!

• severeraiderz

DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 2:13 pm
    With OL usually the less you hear the better.
    =============
    ***********************************

I think everyone feels the same on that one. I wonder how come they haven’t given Barnes a fair shake at any position on the O-line. I would much rather see him at RT than Walker.

severeraiderz Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 1:55 pm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hmmm, do we believe this guy… or Cable, who said Veldheer exceeded expectations.

severeraiderz Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 2:16 pm
    DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 2:13 pm
    With OL usually the less you hear the better.
    =============
    ***********************************

===================
    I would like to say the same thing, but I haven’t seen enough of Barnes play. Not even in Jax.

Severe: Barnes sucks at G or T

but since he can play both this year and Mario Henderson isn’t a golden child any longer I bet he sticks, basically due to his “glory days” as LT in JAX, excluding his last year there as Kwame Harris 2.0 (naturally)

• J Hill

—————————————————–

Priest, you crack me up.

Dude …. Ehh nevermind.

Maybe Patrick Willis is a better linebacker than the 2nd string guy who replace Urlacher on play 1?

Are you trying to say Bush was ineffective?

Pas plays to DMac was called back, other passes were dropped. It’s pretty obvious but you and Sever have a different idea, so no big deal.

• DMAC

Well, at least we got rid of the your boy Cpt. Kirk RR.
    Trade DMAC for a Morrison tackle, fifteen yards down field.

• JB

# DMAC Says:
    August 31st, 2010 at 2:08 pm
    ???????????? Raider Nation
    If you could take your pick as our 3rd string RB. Who would you go w/?
    Rock or Bennet?
    I’m going w/ Bennet. He’s looked pretty good in the pre-season.
    **********************
    I’d say Cartwright because I’ve got Bennett at #2, Bush #1 & DMac as a WR.

I guess yu could say that to date, I’m not DMac fan. He hasn’t shown any level of consistency or competency at the RB position. I think he might make an excellent & dangerous WR.

What’s wrong with having a good WR? If he can contribute there why not? He hasn’t done squat at RB. He’ll never be an NFL caliber RB. That requires moves, change of pace and an ability to escape tackles. None or those abilities are in his skill set. He has fast and straight line running, Period…

• severeraiderz

TJ

I feel you…….what i dont get is how some call Cable an idiot and that he doesntknow anything but then use his asessments as validation for their arguments. That makes no sense to me. I also wonder where are all the people that were saying that no way Al Davis ran this draft…Hue Jackson said otherwise. Let me guess, Al made a phone call and told Hue what to say or was Hue wearing a small two way radio in his ear as all told him how to answer those questions???

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Priesttj Says:
    April 8th, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Personally I’d fire a GM who would be stupid enough to draft a center as high as #8.