Raiders live chat today at noon

By Jon Becker
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 at 9:12 am in Live chats, Oakland Raiders.

Join our Oakland Raiders live chat with Jerry McDonald today at noon PDT as Jerry previews the Raiders’ Thursday game against Seattle and possible cuts the team will make later this week.

• J Hill

On that note …

Go ahead RRS, I’m sure you would’ve posted a “greatest comments” by me by now if there actually was anything, lol.

You’ve “threatened” me with that on a few occasions, what happened?

You have no one cosigning your babble other than RRS, an admitted propogandist

RRS can probably help you out with that one.

***

Jhill: we’ve had our debates about JaWalrus and his supporting cast

this is between you and Banana, who can more than hold his own

• Raider Dell

Hairy Bush,

Not easy. Most of the leagues have the same rules,(yahoo related) so it’s a chore, but fun to play.

The most interesting part is the waiver claims, finding players during the bye week or when injurys make you scramble to find a replacement.

• HairyBush

BigTed707 Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:06 am
    # HairyBush Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:02 am

Anyone think it is remotely possible you see Stan Routt starting week !?
    ________________________
    I’m no fan of Routt, but I will give him credit for having a good Pre Season.
    I’m still rootin’ for CJ37!
    —————————
    I almost wonder If Routt was put on the outside on a more consistent basis if he would continue to play like he has in the preseason. I’m not going to sit here and pretend to be Routt’s #1 supporter but I have to say he has made some great plays this preseason. His timing breaking on the ball has been impressive. I figure either way we are good because with Nnamdi hopefully taking on the oppositions #1 wideout it bode well for whoever is starting opposite of him.

What happen to you in League #3.

Versus the other leagues. (Many Raider selections)

***

Dell: that was just for chuckles, more than anything

you should have seen the reaction when I took MBush 3rd overall (RD1) … LOL!

but Week 10 (Raiders bye) I’ll make sure every spot is occupied by an active player, then scoop my Raiders back out of the FA pool for Week 11 :)

my teams are always competitive – for example I’m not going to start Chaz if he isn’t playing Week 1

You’ve “threatened” me with that on a few occasions, what happened?

***

I haven’t taken the time to do it.

2 years of ridiculous Russell quotes from Jhill would be quite amusing though, I must admit :)

• HairyBush

Raider Dell Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:10 am
    Hairy Bush,

———————–
    Maybe that is where I went wrong, My 2 leagues are totally diffrent with scoring. By mid season my head is spinning because I start to forget who is in which league and if I made the right choice starting someone. For example One league gives points per reception and one doesn’t and so on and so forth. I think next year if I do more than one league I will try to stick with similar scoring formats. It is still fun regardless, and always better than work.

• Raider Dell

Nankota

Thanks for the email.

I’ve had no response as of today.

• Raider Dell

HairyBush

Next year join my league, it’s a lot of fun with many guys you debate are in from this blog.

Why I like the Yahoo league is, I can rank my players and forward them to each league, so I only have to do that once.

• HairyBush

Raider Dell Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:18 am
    HairyBush

—————–
    Sounds good to me

in others words, if guys ask me about it … I do own JLH (in 1 league)

:P

• Nakota

Raider Dell Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:07 am
    RRS

What happen to you in League #3.

Versus the other leagues. (Many Raider selections)

I took DMAC, in my FFL, and will not look back, besides I can always trade DMAC to Dakota.
    _____________________________

I was going to draft McFadden with my next pick too…damned mind reader!

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:21 am
    in others words, if guys ask me about it … I do own JLH (in 1 league)
    ——————-
    wouldn’t expect it to be any other way

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

HB – It does seem that Routt plays better on the outside at CB, as people have said. He also has been good rushing the passer from the NB position. So far, he has been out there opposite a rookie in W. Mcfadden. If he lines opposite Nnamdi every down, he will be tested much more – same as any CB. Teams just don’t test the left side against the Raiders. I agree we gotta put Nnam on the 1.

• fat kidd

Victoria Azarenka Collapses, Wheeled Off at US Open
    9/01/2010 11:55 AM ET By Hal Spivack
    Tenth-seeded Victoria Azarenka of Belarus collapsed on the Grandstand court in the first set of her second-round match at the U.S. Open against Gisela Dulko of Argentina.
    According to the Tennis Channel, Azarenka was being worked on in the player center, but then was taken to the hospital for further examination.
    Azarenka looked weary from the start and spent a couple of minutes lying down on the court before she was taken off in a wheel chair with medical staff by her side checking her pulse.

• Nakota

I mean I heard that Dakota guy was going to draft him…..

• Nakota

fat kidd Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:23 am
    Victoria Azarenka Collapses, Wheeled Off at US Open
    9/01/2010 11:55 AM ET By Hal Spivack
    ______________

Is this person related to Michael Bush?

• Raider Dell

Nankota,

I promise I will trade DMAC to you. I just don’t know when. The Bush injury is unknown. My gut feeling is, Bush doesn’t play the first two weeks of the season, based on the injury and the procedure of the operation.

• HairyBush

BigTed707 Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:22 am
    —————————–
    Let’s just hope that it isn’t just talk regarding Nnamdi moving around and being able to be put in more positions to make plays. I know they have talked about things in past years regarding the defense being changed up, and I was let down. I think this year will be diffrent and they will follow through with the talk.
    Looking foward to see how this plays out in week 1!

• fat kidd

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Viswanathan Anand (IND) Veselin Topalov (BUL)
    Champion Challenger
    Winner of the 2008 World Chess Championship Winner of the 2009 Challenger Match
    At match start At match start
    40 years old 35 years old
    2787 FIDE Rating[1] 2805 FIDE Rating[1]
    FIDE World Rank: 4 FIDE World Rank: 2
    The World Chess Championship 2010 match pitted the defending world champion, Viswanathan Anand, against challenger Veselin Topalov, for the title of World Chess Champion. The match took place in Sofia, Bulgaria from April 24 to May 13, 2010, with a prize fund of 2 million euros (60% to the winner).[2] In a dramatic finish, Anand won the match 6½–5½ to retain the title.

I promise I will trade DMAC to you.

***

Dell: prediction

McFadden nets 27 points in Week 1 @ Titans

he’s on your bench. one of your starting RB only gets 12 points and you lose your matchup by 10 pts

“Dakota, I may be hanging on to DMAC a little while longer”

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Our Secondary looks excellent against the pass! Lets see how our front 7 looks with Big Richard in the game. Seymour can really help our young guys avoid mental mistakes.

We need a veteran presence like that on the O-Line. maybe Gallery will become that guy this season and become a leader of men instead of getting injured. Gallery is crucial imo.

• Raider Dell

RRS

That would really bum me out. In the spirit of goodwill, and a man of my word, I will trade DMAC to Dakota. I just don’t know when, maybe week 16.

I will trade DMAC to Dakota. I just don’t know when, maybe week 16.

***

when is the trade deadline?

Dakota will be out of the playoffs by WK16

• Raider Dell

I believe the league I commish, the league deadline is Nov 16 for trades to end. I could be wrong, to many leagues to remember.

So with that news, I will trade DMAC before the trade date, unless Dakota doesn’t want him, hmmmmmm.

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

I re-watched the game last night for S&G’s, some thoughts:

In general the Raiders control and tackling at the line of scrimmage was terrible.

In particular, Trevor Scott is terrible at diagnosing the run, totally missed several opportunities for backfield tackles that would have ended huge gains.

Special Teams have completely gone to turd since Schneider left, I think it may be time to cut ties with Lil Fassel.

Walter McFadden and Stanford Routt looked legit out there, great knockdowns without getting flagged. Thomas, Porter and Ware are a step behind those two in skill level.

Houston and Shaugnessy look real good against the run, decent to great against the pass, those guys are players.

T. Howard and Groves were both making great plays against the run and the pass. Both looked better than the one-dimensional Trevor Scott.

Travis Goethel had another great showing. On the game winning TD run by the Niners, which should have been a goal line stop by the D(refs were awful). He single-handedly stuffed Dixon at the one foot line and pushed him back. That is the kind of guy I want starting at LB for us eventually.

Steve Brown had another great evening as well, he didnt get any interceptions, but I noticed several instances where his tackling was superb and strong. He should get a nod over Eugene at FS, considering the reliance on that position to make sound tackles in our scheme.

The Raiders have been overcoming offensive penalties well in the pre-season so far.

Ford is really fast, has alot of wiggle and gets the tough yards, but isnt getting open in the passing game yet, hopefully he’ll learn.

Brandon Meyers stinks, I hope they are still searching for a decent compliment to Miller.

DHB and Murphy still have very inconsistent hands

Gradkowski moves the ball downfield like a machine.

DMC runs way too high and often off-balance through traffic. I was a big fan of drafting him and even bought a jersey, but I will not keep lying to myself about him ever becoming a running back in the NFL. His form is just atrocius. Head up, shoulders back, he often starts high-stepping through traffic and loses his balance without being touched. Michael Bennett is a much better HB than McFadden, which is sad for McFadden, not an endorsement of Bennett.

Eric Pears stinks as a Tackle, we need a better back-up.

Todd Watkins has a lot of trouble tracking balls that are coming over his shoulders, that is bad news for a Raider reciever with all of the Go routes. I think he finally gets cut this season.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Call me Crazy –

I predict that Seattle wins the NFC West this year.
    -Pete Caroll, although a doosh, is just a smarter coach than Singletary.
    -Veteran Hasselback is probably the best QB in that division.
    -Tatupu, Jones, Branch = Players

Not that I really care, I just hate the 49ers.

Jerry’s live chat in 8 minutes

• The Big Banana

Jhill – Everything is reading between the lines with you, isn’t it? And why do I need someone to co-sign my argument? I don’t need any help from anyone. Why don’t you leave everyone else out of this. Besides, the only one co-signing your BS is the blog nut, himself. Mister wannabe Raider insider, TJ. So what’s your point?

Me saying there is no dropoff from Campbell to Grads is no more of a stretch than you blaming Russell’s ineptness on the Oline, WRs, playcaller, the weather, etc. I’m been on point the whole time. It got to Russell only because I was pointing out your hypocrisy. How about you address ALL of my argument like I am yours and quit picking and choosing?

As for me convincing you that there’s no dropoff, Grads performed just as well as JC in the SF preseason game. Oh, but you don’t like preseason games. That’s fine. Last year, JC had a QB rating of 86. Grads was 83. Not much dropoff. And by the way, that 83 from Grads was with the same bad O-line, WRs, and play caller that you used as an excuse for Russell’s sorry azz.

As for your post that some of the same “excuses” still exist this year, that’s my point!! Thank you! Why don’t you go discuss that with your buddy TJ, who seems to think there is a vast improvement in the O-line simply because they’re “more of a known factor”. lol. Back to the point: If the QB position is better this year, we know your excuses for Russell were just BS. Which we already know is true since Grads outplayed him last year.

• CJ Legend 34

Why in the world would we want to pick up Lienart who sucks to all heck!

For once I like our Qb rotation leave it the heck alone!

Get a WR or a RB before we throw away $ on a diva.

• fat kidd

Garden Snails- Ready, aim, fire!
    Thanks to snails, I don’t feel so bad about accidentally stabbing my boyfriend during a dart game at Whiskey Business. The hemophrodite garden snail helix aspersa literally play Cupid. Whyfiles.com explains that one snail courts the other by circling it for15-minutes to six hours, touching tentacles and biting at each other’s lips and genitals. Pressure builds in snail A’s genitals, which houses a ‘love dart‘. When snail B touches snail A’s genitals, the he-she gets punctured with the dart. The other snail fires back, each dart releasing a chemical preventing the snail from digesting the sperm. Why you ask? Easy- we all know you can’t get pregnant by swallowing.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Chat Time!

• DKnight007

Sooooooo sooooorrrryyyy Lyinheart.

His BUST services are not needed here in Oakland. The QB situation is set for at least two more years IMO.

Even though the team made up for that by taking JaBustas later

Ted: Seattle has talent on the roster to be sure

question is, can Hasselbeck stay healthy?

I don’t see Whitehurst or Losman leading this team to the playoffs!

• LhayeS37

DON’T TRADE THOMAS HOWARD…..

• LhayeS37

maybe leinart can tackle better than huffy puffy….otherwise the hell with him

• DKnight007

Leinart SUCKS and is a BUST! hahahaha

• LhayeS37

zona or sf wins the nfc west……

• LhayeS37

another ex trojan bust

• DKnight007

Sooooooo sooooorrrryyyy to Lyinheart and his fans.

Looks like the Raiders did make the right decision to pass on “Hollywood” Matt Leinart and take Huff ahead of him. Actually the team should have took Ngata over both!

Even though the team made up for that by taking JaBustas later anyway. Ugh

• TheyCallMeAssassin

DON’T TRADE THOMAS HOWARD…..

————-

If it he can be packaged with draft picks to get the Raiders legitimate offensive line help or a sure-handed, #1 receiver, I say… why not? Linebacker depth is not a problem for the Raiders this season. And I like the idea of Mike Mitchell coming in on 3rd down as a LB/S hybrid.

jerrymac: Seymour would help, sure, but if all they had to do was move him inside and solve their ills they were pretty dumb for not doing it last year. McClain will surely have some responsibility if they don’t do well, because Morrison was certainly held responsible.

***

LOL!

uh, Jhill? hello? are you home?

Nakota Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 11:24 am
    I mean I heard that Dakota guy was going to draft him…..

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yes, I too have heard he is a sucker.

I asked Jerry about 5 hardball questions.

no luck getting a response so far

• DKnight007

TheyCallMeAssassin Says:
    September 1st, 2010 at 12:07 pm
    DON’T TRADE THOMAS HOWARD…..

————-

^^^^^^^^^
    Agreed. The place to try and trade Howard is to the Giants!

They are loaded at the WR position.

They have S Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Bardem and that new Victor Cruz who reminds me of another Miles Austin.

The Giants need LB help and the Raiders should go after Manningham, Cruz or Bardem or go after a LT or Center.

• TheyCallMeAssassin

Cruz or Barden would be pretty solid pickups, yeah. A 6’6 WR with 4.5 speed could be one hell of a weapon for JC in the red zone.

*fart*

bigted: Any chance Tonga makes the 53 man roster?

jerrymac: Doubtful.

***

nice question Ted!

so even though Lawton is suspended, Tonga wont make it?

kid must not be that impressive in camp. yikes

1st two weeks FB’s = Reece & Cartwright ???

*puke*

• LhayeS37

trade howard and your weak side backer can’t cover anyone

• LhayeS37

who needs a 6-6 wideout who can’t catch?