Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• JLofty

Wow that was cr@ptacular.
    So several questions were at least partially answered.
    The OLine isn’t very good as a whole. Valdeheer was AWFUL. I mean worse than awful. Mario had one of his worst games I’ve seen from him (that’s saying something). Carlisle was used. Walker was not good. Gallery was not good.
    The Oline scheming was NOT GOOD either. Lots of bad schemes on the blocking. Who gets the blame for that? I guess Cable is ultimately respons. To be fair that guy who sacked Campbell for the fumble was offsides by a yard. Still wouldn’t have mattered.
    ST, YeaMon! was not good. Fumbling the opening KO??!?!?! Coverage teams were better than indicated in PS.

Is it too early to be calling for Grads?!? I was calling for Satele and Grads by the second Q.
    There were two bright spots if you could even be so gracious:
    McFadden was good, pretty darn good and didn’t lay it on the grass even once. I still don’t think we use him to the fullest but he stepped up. Even pass blocked well. Can’t remember the other positive. Maybe Dick Seymour, he had a decent game.
    Cable gone by bye week?!?

• NorCalBones

Bauce 4 Real Says:
    We win in front of 45,000…..so what? Me and bob dont ant sellout fugg you others who dont wanna go to games
    *************************
    Agreed, But dam, it’s a startin to sting with the frikkin parking this year….WTF ??

• TerrapinRaider

I’m no Oline “guru” like Cable but it is odd as heck how we’re drafting all these linemen to play them in positions that are not what they played in college. But the “guru” knows best.

At least one of these guys should be practicing at LT I would think.

• Bauce 4 Real

# Norco Bob Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I havent heard from Ike in a long time.
    *************************************************

Ike crazier than me….i stir the pot but i really dont want problems!

• TerrapinRaider

or RT vs Gaurd and Center.

• http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/floresrd508/mcfaddenball.jpg SouthTexasRaider

no blocking
    held the ball waaay too dam long
    routt is not a starter
    same offensive dam penalties
    veldheer is not a center
    qb stared down wr
    no blitzing
    young had all day to throw

but atleast dmac looks like he can be something this year.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

R75, Cable was on the front line during the last O-line set, and was air-lifted to Tenn Central Hosp, in critical condition, from the massive assault on him for being himself, more details at 11:00 pm. local!

• Bauce 4 Real

# NorCalBones Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Bauce 4 Real Says:
    *************************
    ****************************************

so what? you know mow many contacts i make at raider games? bzies ppl with money?pot heads? drunkards? love it

• MTraidernation

Norco Bob Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 4:52 pm
    MT,..as you know, I go to every game, and as you also know Im not into the crybaby fans, like you as well as countless others in here,…its weak, I am not that type of fan,…I am more interested in my tailgate party next sunday, not into goin through 4 boxes of tissues like you and the others in here, and they know who they are. Ya heard me?

well, first off, i’m very envious. as my name indicates, i live in montana and don’t make it to many games; maybe 3 a year. YOU, a season ticket holder(i’m assuming) should be the most pissed off and out-spoken! unless you’re just there for the cocktails, which makes you a different breed and this back and forth pointless.

i don’t mind the losses, but they consistantly keep losing in the fashion they did today. does that piss me off? fvckin eh it pisses me off. it should piss you off too. i’ll bet your tailgate is lot more lively following a win.

• nycraiders

cable’s 3rd year and no progress on the OL..how could you be down 21 and kick a fg from the 9 to go to the lockeroom down by 18…

• Bauce 4 Real

# SouthTexasRaider Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:10 pm

no blocking
    held the ball waaay too dam long
    routt is not a starter
    same offensive dam penalties
    veldheer is not a center
    qb stared down wr
    no blitzing
    young had all day to throw

but atleast dmac looks like he can be something this year.
    **********************************************

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! STR is here god dammit! Brother how are you doing man? We are in footballl sason and i need a texas size POV on it!!!

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

STR, they had our weak game-plan down pat, vanilla O-oline down pat, executed against our weeknesses, and plain beat our azzes at every turn. They played well, we sucked at every level, we have to deal with that. Now, what is going to get done about it?

• Raiders for life

@656, QB stared down wr’s
    *********************************

He never looked at anyone else. It was breaking my heart

• ray_d

Jared should not be starting at center let’s remember he is responsible for calling the protection and he failed, not to mention the bad snaps and penalties. I’m starting to Think the decision to start him was made by Al, anybody notice the article on raiders.com comparing him to other raider centers? Very similar to stupid garbage Al said comparing DHB to other raider WR’s

• Bauce 4 Real

# MTraidernation Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Norco Bob Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 4:52 pm

*************************************

Key thig……does this loss wake the team up? Ram up next week? Gotta see……still love the D

• Bauce 4 Real

# 860Todd Christensen Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

*****************************

Defense is really fine………oline so trash and no team has a chance is they suck

• 24

I was kidding about the Jake Grove thing. Veldheer is a rookie and is making rookie mistakes but it would be nice to have started a drafted rookie OT at the OT tackle positions that we’ve needed to upgrade. We have a bunch of tackles playing guard and center on this roster.

• bigwxdude

Gradkowski should be the QB…plain and simple.

i know jpurp would have lost it for us by more than 25 cause the Ds heart would have lost faith

• Bauce 4 Real

# ray_d Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

***********************************

I agree and disagree……but oline suck but we cant afford to have a center who gets overpowered like Satele does…….line audibles obviously showed in this game tho…..what we dont know is how veldheer adjusts……first game was sad tho but we at home against another sorry team

• Norco Bob

We dont tailgate following a win or loss really,…usually head to a bar,..the tailgating is prior to games dude…no Im not pissed off about this loss, not happy with it but the Raiders dont have the power over me to piss me off, or to make my day either,…its football Holmes,…the players dont get all mad about the losses so I dont either…I go to see my football friends that I never see in the offseason, to party, get wasted, hey if they win ya its better not not alot beter,…put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Bauce 4 Real

# SouthTexasRaider Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

*************************************

STR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats good bruh?

• Bauce 4 Real

# Norco Bob Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

***************************************

Bob you are a white guy playing heavy metal…..we are enemies lol

doing good brotha thanx for asking, hope you been good as well.
    it sure did look like they had our gameplan down packed. i dont know what happened out there. it looked promising in the very verrrrry beginning, but then went down hill.

• Norco Bob

Ya classic metal bro,..Sabbath…Megadeth…Motorhead,..bring some rap dude, I will play it,..all good… :)

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

Canpbell, in most instances, had less the 1.5 secs to make a decision, who let who down. This O-line sucks, period. Nothing was gained, it needs to be replaced, whole line, blunt force blocking, period.

true. he did have very little time to make a decision just to throw, the o-line really needs to show up next sunday

• MTraidernation

aig-raiders Says:
    September 12th, 2010 at 5:07 pm
    MT,

You said you expect an 8-8 in one line and then drop the I demand more in the next line. Which one is it?

We stopped CJ on most runs today but as a great player he smoked us for a big run. You can youtube him smoking a bunch of other teams as well. The guy is going to be an HOF barring injury.

The O will be better based on the fact that JC is better than JR.

****************

i don’t know what you want me tell you. demanding an 8-8 season has set the bar pretty low. to me, the titans are an 8-8 team and they throttled us.

• socalraider2408

Am i the only one who thinks DMC needs more touches. Aside from today, the last time he was the featured back was his rookie season in KC. today, he was highly productive as the featured back. coincidence??? im really starting to wonder. I think her can really take off if used properly. then we can bring bush in to spell him and break down the D’s with his size. its a long season Nation. stay strong and dont worry about the haters. I tell people everyday, the Raiders are the team everybody loves to hate! i love them! born and raised a Raider fan, in Al i trust! Screw u all who think its over

• http://atm Raider O

Lefty,

Do us all favor and STFU. We have opinions. Camp was soft you moron!! Look at the jets and Ravens!! Not the 9ers!!
    Stop making excuses for the coaches!!
    You are a Moron!!

• Raider4Life

You guys are hysterical. I love watching you rip each other apart. What is the point though, really? The end result is that we all love the same team that plays like b$#^hes and get embarrassed every time they take the field. The witty banter and optimism can stay in the blogs, and it most likely always will, but our season is destined to be another 5 winner. Am I the only one who clearly sees the disaster that is our team? As always, will stick with them and bleed S&B as I have the past 27 years, but not happy, and certainly not optimistic. I’m over my optimism being s%^t on by my team.

• Pingback: free adult passes