Figurs cut, JLH, Ford to return kicks

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 at 3:24 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said return specialist Yamon Figurs was released to make room for Erik Pears, and that Johnnie Lee Higgins and Jacoby Ford would assume kickoff and punt return duties.

Cable said he wasn’t sure which would return punts and which would return kickoffs.

The most significant injury appears to be to left guard Robert Gallery, with Cable saying more would be known in 48 to 72 hours. Sounds as if they hope to have him practicing Friday so he could play Sunday.

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha sat out with a groin injury that may be more maintenence than something severe.

Running back Michael Bush was in “full participation” mode, which means there’s a chance he could play against the Rams _ 20 days after surgery on his left thumb.

More to come . . .

• http://vatogang.net El Segundo Vato

Hello KoolKell, how is the real estate business treating you?

• chappy23us

Who believes that Cable actually made the decision to start Figurs as PR/KR? We all know Al calls all the shots. It is hilarious to hear guys complain about Cable when he is just doing what he is told to do.

• TerrapinRaider

I don’t care the ST Coach isn’t doin his damn job either! Between him and Cable, whoever made that decision and/or supported it, one of them if not both should be looking at the GUILOTINE.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Gotta love the Tom Cable story.
    1st year as HC he took over Lance and rallied the troops to a 5-11 finish!
    2nd year he did everything, from calling plays to coaching the o-linea nd ralilied the troops to a 5-11 finish!
    3rd year he’s busy 24 hours a day, he does the overnight security & the janitorial jobs @ alameda, takes on the press speaking for hours about topics he knows nothing about, and my guess is he’ll rally the troops to a 5-11 finish!
    just win baby!

• RaiderRetribution

thankfully Mr. Figurs got cut.

Raiders have plenty of speed what they need are football players.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Chappy23us Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 3:56 pm

————————————–
    Exactly! But his cult members do that year after year after year…………………..

• UCLA Raiders

Did anyone listen to Brad Gilbert(Raiders fan) on Jim Rome radio today? He flat out called out Cable saying “he’s not sold on him.” I agree with him how could Cable claim the loss being the result of team being “FLAT” for season opener? It’s on a coach to make sure team not flat.

I predict Cable firing before or after this season. Al has a man crush on Stanford coach, Jimmy Harbaugh. He wants him bad. So the job will be his. Take this to bank now.

• http://vatogang.net El Segundo Vato

Hello KoolKell, are you still driving that sweet vette?

• RaiderRetribution

Rams garnered quite a bit of turnovers from the Cardinals, Raiders will need to protect the football and their quarterback.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Every year, there’s a different scapegoat for the Davis members to latch onto.

• http://vatogang.net El Segundo Vato

UCLA Raiders the fact you listen to Jim Rome removes all your credibility. Raiders fan dont listen to Rome mang. You a tool.

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders 28 Rams 10.

• http://vatogang.net El Segundo Vato

Are there any die-hard Raiders till I die fans in here today, or just a bunch of woman?

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders lose to St. Louis, time to go satellite.

• http://vatogang.net El Segundo Vato

KoolKell what it do mang?

• Nnamdi21

“Gallery Out, Nnamdi Dinged, Bush Back?”
    There could be some good news on the horizon as RB Michael Bush…

================

C’mon Raiders!!! Beat them Rams!

• TerrapinRaider

chappy23us Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 3:56 pm

**************************

If you believe in that train of thought you would also have to buy into the assumption based on history that if Al supports the guy, i.e. Al Davis scholorship guy, then Figurs would have gotten a whole lot of opportunities to fail! Since he did NOT and Al APPROVED his departure without haste you can only conclude that this was NOT an Al Davis decision@!

This is all on Cable and that ST Coach – both have been disasters since they came here.

I pray Hue can rise above this mess.

• UCLA Raiders

Hey El Sagundo Vato:
    I don’t listen to Rome. But as I was switching radio stations I heard Brad Gilbert talk. Do you even know who he is? He’s a great tennis player and long time Raiders loyal fan and like you and I entitled to his opinion. And he’s spot on about Cable.

• Nnamdi21

WTF happend to all this diversty and schemes we were suppoed to see on D and O?

Except for one stupid gadeget play it was very vanilla especially on D…

• kidseven

Thrilled they cut Figurs, but it takes a very dysfunctional franchise to start and then cut a player that quickly.

• Nnamdi21

UCLA Raiders Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:05 pm
    Hey El Sagundo Vato:

===============

Yeah Cable’s really done nothing to justify.

The O line, his specialty, sucked in a big big way…

• http://vatogang.net El Segundo Vato

The play calling against the Titans was terrible, I suppose that was Al Davis fault too right?

The fact that Michelle Huff can’t tackle is Al Davis fault too right?

The fact the karen McCrappen sucks is Al Davis fault too right?

• TerrapinRaider

How can anyone really blame the playcalling when its a jail break all over the Oline? How can any play be ran? Please tell me!

And when Campbell did have the opportunity to put the defense back in check he failed. Screen passes were called – all batted down! And he didn’t attack when he actually had the opportunity to do so.

That has nothing to do with the playcalling.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Another Al Davis Troll, taking over the blog: Brien

September 15th, 2010 at 3:28 pm
    Michael Bush should start, Karen McCrappen is useless.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:30 pm
    I will be very excited about us cutting Michelle Huff……Long overdue

September 15th, 2010 at 3:32 pm
    no Drank, it is not possible Karen McCrappen does it two weeks in a row, she is soft.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:33 pm
    Post 22 is funny.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:35 pm
    Anyone see Shannon Sharpe has left CBS for a bit due to the restraining order placed against him by a woman. Funny shiznit yo. I really dont like that ugly dude, cant stand listening to him talk either.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:37 pm
    Maroney to the donkeys, anyone really care? Is it a move to be trippin on?

September 15th, 2010 at 3:42 pm
    Kirk Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 3:40 pm
    Glad they cut Figurs. Some accountablity at last.
    Cable wasn’t sure who would return punts and who would return kickoffs.
    Al hasn’t told him yet.
    ——–
    Post 22 beat you to that joke moron. Try something original why dont you.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:48 pm
    Terrapin I have a hunch that Harbaugh was vouching for Figurs based on their past at Baltimore, and Cable probably told him “I will give him ONE shot” he fumbled, see ya. If you look at it that way Cable is putting his foot down, he is relying on his coaches, but making decisions when needed. Put down the hater aid mang.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:51 pm
    TerrapinRaider see post 44 mang.

September 15th, 2010 at 3:56 pm
    Hello KoolKell, how is the real estate business treating you?

September 15th, 2010 at 3:58 pm
    Hello KoolKell, are you still driving that sweet vette?

September 15th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

September 15th, 2010 at 4:01 pm

September 15th, 2010 at 4:03 pm
    KoolKell what it do mang?

September 15th, 2010 at 4:07 pm
    The fact that Michelle Huff can’t tackle is Al Davis fault too right?
    The fact the karen McCrappen sucks is Al Davis fault too right?

• El Gato Negro

# Nnamdi21 Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:05 pm

WTF happend to all this diversty and schemes we were suppoed to see on D and O?

Except for one stupid gadeget play it was very vanilla especially on D…
    ————-

And that WAS one of the stupidest gadget plays I’ve seen in a while. While it was unfolding I started burying my head in my hands…

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Again, notice the frequency of the posts.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

Look for the Rams to take pressure off the young QB so the Raiders can expect a healthy dose of Jackson, Jackson, and more Jackson.

If Seymour is not in the game at DT to help cover our young MLB this game will be close.

Still predicting Raiders win, but only because its at home.

• El Gato Negro

Screen passes were called – all batted down!
    ———–

Here’s something I don’t understand: How the hell do you get screen passes batted down by DL when you’re supposed to be throwing over OL that are all 5 inches taller than the DL?? That’s BAD passing, no matter how you look at it.

• bskillla

I don’t think Tom Cable is sure of anything. Everything is fixable to him but we suffer from the same issues time and time again.
    lol, Cable’s a joke

• TerrapinRaider

Campbell was throwing the ball too low for the passes to be successful (thats the side I come down on) but the Oline do have a responsiblity to keep the Dlinemen down.

• TerrapinRaider

bskillla Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:19 pm
    lol, Cable’s a joke

*********************

That sht has gotten so old with me. “fixable”, “fixable”, “fixable” …with all this fixing you would think we would have a well tuned Ferrari by now …yet we’re still fixing the same pieces of sht.

• RaiderRetribution

Should gallery be out for the game, Raiders might as well start Mr. Bruce Campbell.

Let him get his experience in as well.

He will do AT Least as well as Mr. Carslie.

He may hold on occassion, but he will not get pushed around.

• RaiderRetribution

Completelynew interior line could be

Loper-Vehldeer-Campbell

• Raiders13LA

We need O Linemen………

• Male Cheerleader

I aint fraid of dem Saints,..MNF next week off da hook!…whup whup!!!

• Raiders13LA

Sup RAIDER NATION!!!!

• TerrapinRaider

I’ve been saying Cable was terrible since last year. And he quite frankly is.

Maybe Hue need to step over this guy and dictate what happens on that Oline. He just has a hodge podge of mess.

He’s been here for 4yrs and it still looks like crap. He’s still flirting with players like Pears, finally got rid of Morris and just feels like he has almost every lineman playing a ‘new’ position.

• Raiders13LA

Male Cheerleader Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:33 pm
    I aint fraid of dem Saints,..MNF next week off da hook!…whup whup!!!
    ********************

YOU GO FOR THE SAINTS?

• RaiderRetribution

even better trade for Mankins

we could sign Hartwig at C

LT Vehldeer

RT Campbell

move Henderson & Loper to guard (until Gallery come back)

have vetrans: Barnes, Walker, Carslie, & Pears backups where they belong

• Male Cheerleader

Heeeellllls no……Saints goin down on MNF!!…whup!

• RaiderRetribution

Even though I would like the Raiders to get a real/new coach, who would coach for Al?

• Raiders13LA

Male Cheerleader Says:
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:33 pm
    I aint fraid of dem Saints,..MNF next week off da hook!…whup whup!!!
    *************

WHATS YOUR TEAM?

• Male Cheerleader

Chucky bein at Rickys this sunday night!…all you Raider fans should go say hi!! whup!…Ima there in my Jerry Rice jersey,..his Red one!!…whup!

• Male Cheerleader

NNNNIIIIIIINNNNNERRRRZZZZZZZZZ whup!

• Just Win Baby

All through preseason I thought Gradkowski and Boller both looked better than Campbell, but they were playing against scrub defenses too. I know it’s too early to call Campbell the next Aaron Rodgers, but I won’t be surprised if he turns out to be a bust too. I hope they can get this straightened out and play some decent ball soon. It sucks to have so much optomism every season and then watch them get clobbered.

• Raiders13LA

WHAT YOU DOING HEAR? THIS IS OAKLAND RAIDERS! NOT 49′ers.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

___________________
    Looks like Loper at LG. He’s a load, so hopefully he can slow somebody down.

Hue – RUN THE BALL!

• TerrapinRaider

Sorry guys ..I just don’t think Veldheer can play LT. Julius Peppers showed me all I needed to see. He beat Veldheer twice or more in very limited play during the preseason.

He may be a very good RT and he may end up being one of the dominant Centers in the game.

I say starting working out Campbell for LT. Not to start but practicing at LT. He has all the measurables (Veldheer has short arms) and he’s quick. He could be a good LT or RT.

• Raiders13LA