Madden, Torre, but no Gallery, Seymour

As the Raiders concluded their media window for Thursday’s practice, visitors heading toward the field included John Madden and Joe Torre.

But as they completed warmups and drills, there was no sign of Robert Gallery or Richard Seymour, the latest in a rash of hamstring strains which has plagued the club.

Rookie cornerback Walter McFadden remains out with a hamstring injury sustained in the final preseason game. Hiram Eugene had a hamstring issue and was back on the field. Darren McFadden and Chris Johnson missed a significant portion of training camp with hamstring issues.

Johnson, out Tuesday with stinger, was back on the field. So was cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (groin).

During special teams practice, Jacoby Ford was the deep man on some kickoffs, paired with Rock Cartwright, an indication he could be returning kickoffs with Johnnie Lee Higgins handling punts.

Torre has been friends with Davis since the two grew up in Brooklyn. Davis is at the facility but was not out at practice when the media departed.

The Dodgers are in town, playing against the Giants.

More to come later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DKnight007

Cables work (or lack of work) with the O-Line will make or break him!

I also hate that it always seems like the Raider coaches are consistently out schemed and out coached during the game by opposing coaches.

It’s embarrassing and it is getting old!

• MistaBr0wn

DK, I agree 100% with that.

Who wrote it for you ?

• raidertbone

Prediction – right here, right now: if the Raiders go into the bye week at less than 3-5, Cable will be replaced before the Pittsburgh game.

• fat kidd

MistaBr0wn Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 1:56 pm
    DK, I agree 100% with that.

Who wrote it for you ?

…………………………i thought you were bannished.

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

LMN,

Giants-Dodgers is pretty big in the Bay Area (although I good bunch of Raider Nation probably doesn’t think so).

Was the ESPN game last night, and Danny Glover and Joe Montana were in attendance.
    _______________________________________________________

yeah, all right, as this saturday we have the big derby here in DK, the battle of Copenhagen, between F(u)CK and my team Brondby…. HUUUuuuuge day for me..

so I’ll pipe down about that baseball-thingy…

• MistaBr0wn

Look Jerry McDonalds is here.

• raidertbone

Cable certainly didn’t thank Tennessee for working us the way they did (I guess only Singletary can get away with that). Tennessee should have thanked us for being their Week One opponent (or should I say – their Weak One opponent?!)

• priesttj

Mystic1

Just to lend a helping hand, why bother arguing about something when these guy’s minds are made up. The want to blame Mr Davis let ‘em. He is the one who’s in charge after all. They hate the Raiders, let ‘em.

Everyone wants to win and no one is making excuses for the record. It is what it is. Why argue about it? I’m more concerned about the next 7 years to hell with the past 7.

• mistic1

Excuse me afc central, you get my point

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

could someone please explain why we didnt hire Nathan Vasher??

I cant believe Lions is a better franchise than the raiders… Now I know why Al had Matt Millen put in the Lions, so he knew at least we were team 31 and not 32.. well Millen gone, tahhdaahh…

• raidertbone

The past 7 years HAVE been hell!

i thought you were bannished.

***

I thought you were trolling as Male Cheerleader?

• raidertbone

I guess evebody is truly seeing now that, while Millen was an excellent football player and is a somewhat competent commentator, he is/was to NFL executives what Isaiah Thomas was to the NBA …

• fat kidd

Confucius say, squirrel lay on rock and crack nuts, man lay on crack and rock nuts.

could someone please explain why we didnt hire Nathan Vasher??

***

the team must be cool to ride with Ware & Mitchell as depth, since Asomugha, Johnson, McFadden, Eugene and Huff are all banged up

pretty sure #21 #24 & #37 will play at home against STL though

• 8RaiderReign8

KoolKell Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 11:33 am
    Does Seymour EVER practice?

———-

The real question is do you really want him too?

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake me when we win a game

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

KoolKell Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 11:33 am
    Does Seymour EVER practice?

———-

The real question is do you really want him too?
    ————————————
    Why not? He didn’t practice much in camp, doesn’t practice much now. didn’t raise any hell in Tennessee last Sunday.

• DKnight007

fat kidd Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 1:58 pm
    MistaBr0wn Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 1:56 pm
    DK, I agree 100% with that.

Who wrote it for you ?

…………………………i thought you were bannished.

^^^^^^
    I had know idea I was either….until I cleared it up with Jerry.

wake me when we win a game

***

Dakota, it’s gonna be a while before we play Sandy Eggo

• DKnight007

Cable is stubborn.

Veldheer was drafted as freakin TACKLE and he is reaching by having him start at Center?? He should be getting reps and experience as the starting RT!

Barnes should replace that lazy unaware goof Hendu at LT and Satele needs to start back at Center!

Satele at least has more experience than Veldheer at the position and can make line adjustments and pick up the blitz and snap from shotgun formation consistently better than Jared at this point.

Veldheer should just be the backup Center and not the starter??

• chiefssuck

yes male cheerleader…chiefs do suck. as do waivers fans drilling raiders blogs.

• 8RaiderReign8

Big Chill Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 11:52 am
    anyone know if it’s a sell out, can’t go to game cause my girl supposed to have baby any day but i at least want to be able to watch it.
    ————

Fan of the day award.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

DKnight007 Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Cable is stubborn.
    —————————-
    Cable is a very loyal Al Davis Head Coach Puppet.

***

Seymour had a triceps injury in the preseason, was excused a few days at camp for “personal reasons” and was given a day off to keep fresh with other vets every so often. I think he skipped OTA’s because he hadn’t signed his franchise tag yet. common thing for franchise guys

now he’s got a hamstring issue. hope these little things don’t nag him all season!

We already know Kelly, Bryant & Alford aren’t going to help solve any run defensive woes

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

My biggest worries going into 2010:

1) Tom Cable….guy isn’t qualified for this job
    2) O-line
    3) Run D

After week one I certainly don’t feel better about any of those areas.

• DKnight007

KoolKell Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 2:23 pm
    DKnight007 Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Cable is stubborn.
    —————————-
    Cable is a very loyal Al Davis Head Coach Puppet.

^^^^^^^
    Sure is….but if they go 0-4 or 0-5 or 1-4 or 1-5…..Al will replace the puppet most likely.

• StayinBlack

How about that nickel package the raiders busted out with? All LB and DB’s.

• StayinBlack

Dakota Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 2:25 pm
    My biggest worries going into 2010:

1) Tom Cable….guy isn’t qualified for this job
    2) O-line
    3) Run D

After week one I certainly don’t feel better about any of those areas.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    I defintely feel better about our run D vs the competency of our Head Coach.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

No wonder Campbell reminds Al of Jim Plunkett from 1980:

Plunkett: 51.6 com %, 18 TDs, 16 ints, 36 sacks

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

new post

• NashvilleRaider

Real disappointed in the Raiders this past weekend. Spent about 160 bucks to watch them get pounded here in Nashville. Sat by the tunnel hoping for an autograph or something from ANY Raider, heck, even Yamon Figurs! Most of the dudes didn’t even acknowledge that we were there. Not even Darius Heyward Bay! Of anyone on that team, he should be happy to autograph something. They acted and looked defeated, and it was only halftime. Not a good start Raiders. Not good. Would’ve liked a signature fellas.