By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, September 18th, 2010 at 3:24 pm in Oakland Raiders.
A few items worth looking over with the Raiders home opener less than 24 hours away:
– Monte Poole on why the Oakland Heart Walk has a special significance to former Raiders safety and TV/radio analyst George Atkinson.
– Columnist Carl Steward has some thoughts on the Raiders’ blackout situation before moving on to other things.
– Raiders coach Tom Cable expects to see a heavy dose of running back Steven Jackson Sunday. An article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch carries a similar theme, with Jackson being complimentary about the Raiders run defense against Tennessee, noting that for the most part it kept Chris Johnson in check.
– Steve Corkran takes a closer look at the much-maligned run defense and if it is too early to rush to judgement.
– The Rams downgraded two players before boarding a flight for Oakland. Cornerback Kevin Dockery (hamstring) and defensive tackle Clifton Ryan (migraines) will not play.
– Former Raiders defensive end Jay Richardson has no harsh words for his former employer and is looking for a new team after reaching an injury settlement.
– St. Louis rookie left tackle Rodger Saffold held up well in Week 1 against Arizona. He’ll get a heavy dose of Trevor Scott and Matt Shaughnesy Sunday.
– Raiderville makes its return in the south parking lot before Sunday’s game against the Rams.
– New sponsor areas on game days include the New Amsterdam Gin Bar at the East Side Club south bar and the Hennessey Black West Side Club at the West side club.