Gradkowski opens with first team

After the conclusion of warmups and drills Wednesday and the expiration of the media window for practice, Bruce Gradkowski came to the line of scrimmage to take first-team reps while Jason Campbell watched with his helmet off.

Coach Tom Cable is expected to name a starting quarterback following practice.

Among those who were not present were left guard Robert Gallery (hamstring), linebacker Travis Goethel (lower back) and wide receiver Chaz Schilens (knee).

Also absent was defesnsive tackle John Henderson, who was wearing a protective boot Monday but said it was nothing and that he’d be playing against Arizona.

Cornerback Walter McFadden and defensive tackle Richard Seymour, both out with hamstring injuries, were suited up and will take part in at last some portion of practice. Offensive lineman Erik Pears was back on the field, meaning he was signed to the 53-man roster after Stevie Brown was waived.

Brown was not at the facility Wednesday, meaning he was waiting for the end of the waiver period or was claimed by another team.

More to come . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Just Fire Baby

You can’t gameplan against greatness!!

• DT42

MR vs Mistic…….just another day in bizzaro world. One wants the owner to fail the other the QB.

• mistic1

# ArmChair GM Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:32 pm

# Lynn from Snot Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Bra or Cuz Mystic ??
    _________________________________________________________

I can’t speak for Mystic but in The Town(the original one, not that movie with Ben Affleck…we say bra/bruh or blood. In LA if you say Blood or Cuz it’s usually gang affiliated, but out here we been saying blood or youngblood since the 60’s.
    =======================================================

Finally a real oakland resident on the blog!!! These out of towners need to find another team and get of my teams nuts!! Root for the niners or be a patriot fan!

I don’t trade in FF!!!

I feel I am a better drafter than anyone, so I just roll with it.

***

JFB, that sounds like an excuse

if you felt Gradkowski was truly capable of 350 yards (you predicted 380) or 3 TD’s on Sunday, you’d take this bet and improve your fantasy football team, trading your 2 worst players for my 2 best players …

instead you take the role of a coward or liar.

nice job Kiffin

• bcz24

Dakota Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:37 pm
    Hey guys, I just got an Authentic Nnamdi jersey off of Craigslist for only $100!
    ****
    Not too many 4XL jerseys available on craigslist Id imagine. I have to get 4xl because I am the size of most NFL lineman… an ogre if you will

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

# Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:35 pm

What kind of “fan” wants the owner to fail?

…………..

This owner in question is proven to have made decisions which put his own ego in front of what’s best for the team. So I could understand a fan wanting him to retire, which is all I’ve ever said about him. Gradkowski has done nothing but tried to win, and every single decision he’s made since being in a Raider uniform has been to help the team win. We can’t say that about Al. He benches good quarterbacks for lousy ones. He trades great coaches away in the middle of their prime. Al has too many priorities above winning and that’s why I, for one, wish he would retire.

• Just Fire Baby

I hated Jason Campbell and Jamarcus, but I always rooted for them.

Didn’t stop me from shaking my head after all their mistakes and yell, “Why the F’k are we playing this guy!!!”

Hell Jamarcus almost pulled me back in during the Ravens game last year, until you know, he reverted back to Jamarcus Russell.

Too bad Affleck didn’t call it Oakhole… where’s Brian?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As if!

• Just Fire Baby

instead you take the role of a coward or liar.

*****************************

ACtually, I will just take the role of first-place.

Trade DMAC for a 4XL ogre!

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

# mistic1 Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I know ” AND SOME OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS ARE BLACK”

YOU ARE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF.

………….

LOL. Alright, now I’m starting to like Mistic. But I wish he’d get behind Gradkowski because he’s undoubtedly the real deal.

• LA to TheBay

————————————————-

Woa, woa, woa. OUR team is just fine with the international fan base its got.

I’m the first to say the Raiders belong in Oakland, but I’m very thankful for their time in LA. They have fans up and down the state and very large fan bases in the Pacific NW, Vegas, NM, and even NY, as frequenters of this blog I’m sure can tell you.

• mistic1

# Try Some Reality Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Mistic means to say…”bruh”

=======================================

Mistic, take notes, bruh. That’s how it’s spelled. Bra makes you sound like a douche
    =========================================================

Now your trying to teach me the correct spelling on slang?!?!?! ITS SLANG, BROKEN ENGLISH, IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPELLED CORRECTLY?!?!?!?

lISTEN JUST BECAUSE YOU WEARING YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF HAMMER PANTS, THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU AN EXPERT ON MY CITY!

• DMAC

Beanie Wells (knee) returned to Cardinals practice Wednesday, and declared himself “ready” to play Sunday against Oakland.
    Assuming Wells has no setbacks through the week, Tim Hightower’s stint as Arizona’s feature back is over. It’s been suggested that the Cards always had Week 3 targeted for Wells to make his 2010 debut, and a full practice week would confirm it. Keep an eye on Wells until Friday, but he appears to be ready to play, and would make for a fine RB2 start in the tasty matchup.
    Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter
    ============
    It’s time to smash on Beenie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bcz24

^^^^^^ From NY!!!

ACtually, I will just take the role of first-place.

***

2-0 in FF is fine & dandy

making bold predictions about Bruce and then backing down when it matters = no cajones

• LA to TheBay

—————————-

Very lucid. Must agree.

Although I do give Al major props for developing the identity of the Oakland Raiders and in general his “f**k you” mentality.

• ArmChair GM

# Lynn from Snot Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm

ArmChair GM saying the wrong one in LA will get you shot back in the day.
    _______________________________________________________

You are 100% right Lynn. Cali has alot of interesting culture. People don’t realize that the Bay and LA are so diametrically opposite.

Crips and Bloods could not even come into Oakland, and that’s why we have none of those gang affiliations among Black people here in Oakland.

The BGF and the 415 gangs kept them out.

How many people know about the original 415? Back when Oakland was more recognized by the area code 415 and repped it harder than Sam Francisco did?

It was Oakland that put the 415 and reppin your area code in general, on the map for the whole country.

I know this has very little to do with the Raiders, but I think it does help explain a little bit about the Bay vs LA rivalry, and why the rebellious/anti establishment, spirit of The Raiders is intrinsically intertwined with the spirit of Oakland in general.

LA to TheBay Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Woa, woa, woa. OUR team is just fine with the international fan base its got.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Didn’t you mean institutional? FREE DIRTY!

• bcz24

Beanie = 6 carries for 18 yards and re-injured knee!

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

Bo, you just hate Oakland because of its notoriety. If Oakland didn’t have 3 major sports teams (most of any Cali city), and didn’t produce some of the greatest writers and musicians of the 20th Century, you wouldn’t pay any mind to Oakland’s problems. You just hate the fact that a city that poor and that black could accomplish so much more than whatever boring cow town you come from.

• bcz24

2-0 in FF is fine & dandy

***
    Is he in first place or am I?

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

I not black I’m brown and i come from the boogie down….production.

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

This is why I love this blog, you can take a simple discussion on the merits of Gradkowski versus Campbell and turn it into:
    washing instructions for authentic jerseys
    spelling lessons on town slang
    references to South Park quotes
    A little baseball talk
    some Fantasy Football chat
    and once in awhile talk about the Raiders

endless entertainment on here, always keeps me coming back.

• bcz24

BBB… and least it aint politics!

BCZ is 2-0 and he’s smart enough to talk up Gradkowski by simply saying he’s “better than Campbell”

if he made a prediction like 380 yards, I’d offer him the same bet

350 yards or 3 TD’s from Grads = my best 2 players in FF

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Move the team back to LA.

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:46 pm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nice try assface. I do not hate Oakland, I just wish it would realize its potential.

• ArmChair GM

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:46 pm

______________________________________________________

Preach on RMR. I wrote new Warrior President Joe Lacob a letter stating some of these facts, and telling him that he needs to change the team name to the Oakland Warriors.

People can hate on Oakland all it wants, but truth is, it’s a better and more successful sports city than SF.

• hendu

Fellas, glad for you guys who think Grads should be starting over JC. Thats what has been debated,everyone LIKES Grads, some of us question him starting, thats all! Raiders!!!!!!

1580 KDAY

***

well said Hendu!

• ArmChair GM

# Lynn from Snot Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I not black I’m brown and i come from the boogie down….production.
    _________________________________________________________
    South Bronx…South,South Bronx. KRS1.

• L.A. Raider Dave

The entire team played like crap against TEN, not just Campbell.

Campbell was pulled at half when we were only down 4 points.

Give the guy a f-ing chance.

But knowing how jaded Raider fans have become, I’m sure we’ll be hearing the chants for Boller at some point.

• http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/the408RAIDER/749px-I-420svg.png 408RAIDER

# Dakota Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Move the team back to LA.
    —————————-

Lame idea.

• Just Fire Baby

Speaking of no cajones, you won’t ever put a measely $20 wager on the line!!!

I’m starting Bruce in FF, and name whatever you want and I will wager on it. I’m just not going to trade with you and your rag-tag, band of gypsies team.

Capisci??

• severeraiderz

mistic1 Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:33 pm
    # The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:25 pm

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:17 pm

RMR,

Mistic is a Raiders fan. you aren’t

………………..

What kind of Raider fan admittedly wants the starting QB to fail? It is impossible to root for a a team while actively hoping the QB will fail. The quarterback position is the most vital position in the game. You want the QB to fail, you want the team to lose. You can call him a fan all you want to. I’m going to call him what he is: Someone who’s clearly rooting against the team on Sunday, because they’re not starting the QB he wants to start.
    ======================================================
    The kind of fan that can see that we are on the verge of a set back. The same way we say that henderson must be replaced, and satele needs to sit. Come on you are trying to take my words out of context, but you are truly making yourself sound like a hypocrite!

The word fan is short for fanatic, any true fan wants the guys that they feel are the best to play, you cant grasp that simple concept?
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ignore him, he gets slapped arounf all of the time. He is happy that Grads is starting because in his head he can somehow give credit to Gruden. What he fails to realize is that if Grads tunrs out to be any good it only further proves what a terrible eye for talent gruden has. Gruden released Grads when the Bucs still had no established starter and had like 5 QB’s on the roster at once.

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

Move Dakota back to Bismark

• bcz24

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:48 pm

if he made a prediction like 380 yards, I’d offer him the same bet

350 yards or 3 TD’s from Grads = my best 2 players in FF
    ***
    I talked up his intangibles. Leadership, Fire, Will to WIN! I dont think ANY of the 3 qbs on our roster is capable of eclipsing 350yds right now. I may change my tune in 4-6 weeks, but I dont see it today.

• Try Some Reality

Mistic1 Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:44 pm
    # Try Some Reality Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Mistic means to say…”bruh”

=======================================

=========================================================

===========================================

But it is supposed to be spelled phonetically. As it stands, you sound like a douchebag with “Bra”.

• severeraiderz

Dakota Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:48 pm
    Move the team back to LA.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////

Lol preach my brotha

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Lynn from Snot Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:54 pm
    Move Dakota back to Bismark
    _______________

You must mean Dickinson?

• mistic1

Grads couldnt beat out chris simms?!?!?!?

• hendu

post 131,yes, frig GoldenState, should be Oakland Warriors,period! Hope the new owner does it, name change,or at least a poll on it.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Dickinson ND…a frozen hell hole that I lived in for about a year.

Yikes.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

# severeraiderz Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Dakota Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:48 pm
    Move the team back to LA.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////

Lol preach my brotha
    ………..

Move the team to San Antonio

• Try Some Reality

LOL…See u goons later. Mistic, I’m just messing with you bra/bru/bro. Don’t take it so personal. At first, I truly thought you were from Hawaii. Simple question. You might want to use bruh, though. Reads more accurately. You’re a funny guy though. I like the Black best friends and hammer pants reference.

GO RAIDERS!

• severeraiderz

ArmChair GM Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:50 pm
    # The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 1:46 pm

______________________________________________________

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Very true, and what city would have a section called the tenderloin….and thats the rough part of town