Cable says Bush will play . . . but how much?

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, September 24th, 2010 at 12:55 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said running back Michael Bush practiced without limitations Friday and listed him as “probable” to face the Arizona Cardinals.

Players listed as “probable” almost always play. On Sunday, Bush will have had 27 days to recover from surgery to insert screws into a fracture at the base of his left thumb, a procedure which normally takes four to six weeks to recover.

Asked if it would be a game-time decision on Bush, Cable said, “No, he’s going. I think the game-time decision is on (John) Henderson.”

Bush may not be limited, but his role could be.

“That remains to be seen,” Cable said. “He obviously did everything this week. He’s done a little bit the last two weeks. We’ll go in there and be smart about where and when we use him.”

That means the Raiders are likely to give Darren McFadden another heavy workload. He 24 touches in Week 1 (17 carries, six pass receptions) and a career-high 30 carries in Week 2 against St. Louis, including 20 for 107 yards in the second half.

Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said he told McFadden before the game to be prepared for 30 carries, and he could be in that neighborhood again Sunday.

“Sure, if the game dictates that, you bet it’s possible,” Cable said. “Once you’ve done that _ and he’s done it a couple of times in college before _ most of those guys are used to having high numbers. He responded well.”

Henderson was in a boot Monday with a foot injury he said wasn’t serious. Cable said the foot hasn’t gotten much better during the course of the week. Safety Hiram Eugene (hamstring), cornerback Chris Johnson (ankle) and cornerback Walter McFadden are also questionable.

Listed as probable along with Bush is linebacker Ricky Brown (hamstring) and defensive tackle Richard Seymour. Listed as out are left guard Robert Gallery, linebacker Travis Goethel and wide receiver Chaz Schilens.

The Raiders worked out safety Jerome Boyd Thursday.

• Raider D

Who will be Gradkowski’s go-to receiver this season?

A. Heyward-Bey
    B. Murphy
    C. Miller
    D. McFadden
    E. a defensive back
    F. the ground
    *******************************

I hope it’s not the fans…… just like K. Collins!!!!

I say ….. Murphy

• PurpleDrank81

Havent had Rice-A-Roni in a long time

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:31 pm
    Why do u hate Condo so much

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Because DMAC is playing well, lol

• Kirk

Murphy-DHB sounds like a new synthetic hallucinogen.

• PassTheCheetos

Brown-Rice is what we call my phillipino friend

• RNOraiderFan

Ya,I work too. I just work part time at a youth shelter for teens. I also coach H/S ball. Both are very rewarding, just not financally. Thank god I married well.

• LA to TheBay

Cardinals defense is “in the tank”
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 24, 2010 11:18 AM ET
    Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett told his team’s website it “felt like Precious fell on me” after playing 81 snaps against the Rams in the season opener. She didn’t get off against the Falcons. (Yes, we used the quote in our weekly picks too. We liked it that much.)

Arizona is trying to recover from a 41-7 beatdown from Atlanta. Opposing offenses have converted 52% of third downs against the Cardinals. Safety Adrian Wilson took the loss hard.

“I’m in the tank. We’re in the tank,” Wilson told reporters on Friday.

ESPN’s Mike Sando points out that Dockett got pushed around in Atlanta, and Falcons receiver Brian Finneran decked Wilson with a left to the head at one point. Wilson, a team captain, didn’t want to say anything negative on Thursday. So he didn’t say much at all.

He was a little more expansive of his radio show The Big Red Rage on Thursday night.

“I think we need people to stop telling us we’re talented or that we’re good. We need to show it. We may have a lot of talent, but that talent isn’t playing together right now,” Wilson said.

The NFC West is wide open this year. You can make the playoffs if you just win division games and home contests against AFC West teams like Oakland this week.

“If you get into a fight, you at least want to scratch a guy,” Wilson said on his show. “We didn’t even scratch a guy. We didn’t black his eye, bloody his nose, anything.”
    ——————————————————-

I really, really hate so say it guys, but when a team with higher expectations is struggling, we’re usually their breakout game. Just saying.

Notable exception: Vs. the Steelers last year after “unleash hell.” Starting that game? You guessed it… Bruce (AKA Batman).

• RNOraiderFan

Murphy-DHB sounds like a new synthetic hallucinogen.
    ************************************************
    sign me up for the trial period. LOL

• Raider D

Batman, as to get Miller time involved a little more.

PD81: I blog from work too man

multi tasking is my specialty (ADHD?)

• PurpleDrank81

I didnt know the Cardinals had High expectations…They have D.A. as a Qb and a mediocre defense at the best.

• LA to TheBay

Raider D Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:38 pm
    Batman, as to get Miller time involved a little more.
    ———————–

I agree, but if you think about it, if he makes our WRs a threat (which he does moreso than any QB here in a while), Zach will have more room.

• PurpleDrank81

Im just a really bored Salesman with nothing to do but hop online and check out the raider nation…

• LA to TheBay

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:39 pm
    ———————————–

Not high, higher, as in higher than us I guess is what I should have said.

• RNOraiderFan

DA will throw a pick 6, but to who?
    Aso
    Routt
    CJ
    Huff
    Branch
    someone else?

• LA to TheBay

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:40 pm
    DA will throw a pick 6, but to who?
    Aso
    Routt
    CJ
    Huff
    Branch
    someone else?
    ————————————————-
    Rolando McPain

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

# RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

DA will throw a pick 6, but to who?
    Aso
    Routt
    CJ
    Huff
    Branch
    someone else?
    —————–
    Wimbley in coverage.

• Raider D

Just typing away, and wish u where here is playin and my buddy is singing, SO, so you think Chaz can play, in the black-hole today, do you think he can heel, replacing a wheel…etc….. i swear i’m gona wack him, he just keeps teasing me!!!

• PurpleDrank81

I like that Rolando McPain…..Kinda Catchy

• LA to TheBay

I think Bruce takes every opponent seriously and won’t overlook the Cards. He’ll just take it one play at a time.

• NorCalBones

#63, me too PD81, especially on Fridays, usually have all the biz wrapped up & sit at a desk on Fridays.

• Toyz

Routt gets his second pick

• LA to TheBay

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:42 pm
    I like that Rolando McPain…..Kinda Catchy
    ————————
    Half stole it from Vegas’ Pain McClain.

• Raider D

LA to TheBay Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:39 pm
    Raider D Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:38 pm
    Batman, as to get Miller time involved a little more.
    ———————–

*******************
    Yes, but I think the running game and play-action is what sets up the pass even moreso

• RNOraiderFan

I don’t think DA will throw a pick to a LB. The guy likes to throw long, to who nobody knows.

I just work part time at a youth shelter for teens. I also coach H/S ball.

***

thats awesome bro!

theres no “just” about it. you work (contribute) and you’re helping the next generation become better people

kudos to you brother. just please, I beg of you … no more liberals or Laker fans, ok?

:P

• RNOraiderFan

He’ll just take it one play at a time.
    *****************************************
    ballers anonamous?

• PurpleDrank81

He can throw a pick to a Lb when wimbley is running him over jus tryin to throw it away to avoid the sack

• raidertay

Ive been wondering if the Run D got better as a result of John Henderson playing more in the 2nd half. Well should find out on Sunday.

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

Cards are back to being the cards, the joke of the nfl.
    prime pickins’, fo sho

• Raider D

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:40 pm
    DA will throw a pick 6, but to who?
    Aso
    Routt
    CJ
    Huff
    Branch
    someone else?
    ********************8
    We should be good 4 two picks this game.
    Huff and Routt, since nobody throws in the vincinity of ASO

• RNOraiderFan

I’m a liberal-republican, I know sounds crazy. I’m also a Laker Hater, GO WARRIORS!

• Kirk

In the three games that Grads started last year, he threw 6 touchdown passes and 1 interception and his passing yards increased every game.

But we need to run a lot to protect him.

• PurpleDrank81

Use to coach Freshman football…Still really want to quit work and become a Varsity Football Coach/ P.E Teacher

• Raider D

raidertay Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:45 pm

****************************
    Bingo brother……..

• RNOraiderFan

If the team is not in the East Bay then I’m a Hater!

• PurpleDrank81

Liberal Republican doesnt sound that crazy to me

• Toyz

I see DA throwing a pick 6 to Routt and 3-4 sacks 2 are Wimbley’s…Who get the others?

• PurpleDrank81

Im lookin for a lamarr houston sack

• NorCalBones

I’m thinking that DA will be stupid enough to try to test Aso (since Aso will be covering his money man Fitz) Aso gets his first pick of the season.

• Raider D

Toyz Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:48 pm

*********************8
    Seymour is overdo

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

~I just work part time at a youth shelter for teens. I also coach H/S ball.~

When it’s all said and done, and the grim reaper comes callin’, the measurement is ‘have you taken the time to make someone else’s life better, to make a difference, for no personal gain’

proud to say I have, and happy to see you have as well.

• SilverNBlackPA

We should be good 4 two picks this game.
    Huff and Routt, since nobody throws in the vincinity of ASO

+++++++++++

That’s why this needs to be the put up or shut up week for the whole “This year we’ll be moving Nnamdi around, we promise, for serious, this time you can trust us” canard. If Asomugha shadows Fitzgerald, Anderson will have no choice but to throw at him eventually.

I’m also a Laker Hater, GO WARRIORS!

***

RNO, my man!

LOL

pick six goes to my boy Huff

also think Branch recovers a fumble in this game and Mitch makes a huge hit on ST

• RNOraiderFan

I’m in school right now so I can teach secondary education. That way I can get a head varsity position. Right now I just coach Oline and Dline, get a $500 check at the end of the season. I’d do that job for free if they let me, just like Forrest cuttin that grass.

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

# RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:44 pm

————–
    I’m thinking a deflection pick just of the line of scrimmage,

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

Jano should be a beast in the desert, with that thin air, and indoor control stadium

• PurpleDrank81

I need to go back to school to do exactly what your doing… What high school do you coach at???/ Or what city at least….

• RNOraiderFan

Looking for Shonasty or Scott to get a sack or two. DA isn’t that mobile.

• Raider D

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    September 24th, 2010 at 1:49 pm
    We should be good 4 two picks this game.
    Huff and Routt, since nobody throws in the vincinity of ASO

+++++++++++

*****************
    I hope so Silver, do you truly beleive ASO will shadow Fritz the cat the entire game…if so I hope ASO pulls one down and the defensive coordinator stops clowning around!!!