Halftime: Raiders 20, Cardinals 17

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, September 26th, 2010 at 2:57 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Looks like the Raiders might have to exceed Tom Cable’s 24-points-per-game goal if they want to win this one.

Darren McFadden already has 74 yards rushing and 18 yards receiving. Bruce Gradkowski is 8 of 17 for 126 yards and a touchdown.

One thing the Raiders have going for them _ the Cardinals don’t seem to realize they are having a pretty easy go of it on the ground. The more Derek Anderson throws the ball, the better the chance the Raiders go 2-1 for the first time since 2004.

• djohnnyg

It’s like this team cannot stand success.

• http://www.wix.com/GGEden/ggeden GG

Rears its head again…redzone offense bad, playing conservative afraid of TO’s, settle for FG, but then miss it.

• ArmChair GM

Damn. Holding penalty by Henderson stalled a perfect drive. Jano f’d up but should have been 6 points.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer

I had to go back to Oct. 30, 2005 to find the last time Raiders scored more than 20 by halftime. Led Tennessee 24-22, won game 34-25. That’s 75 games ago. Scored 21 in fourth quarter of last year’s win over Pittsburgh.

• Bauce 4 Real

Look at RoMac! I like how he has looked better since week 1

• MistaBr0wn

Bauce,
    I been on Jano for a good 5 years, maybe more.
    All I get is pushback from the Nation….I stand by my assessment.

They give this loser the pre-season off like he is some hero. I’ll take Nedney and that draft pick back!

• 89052RAIDER

McClain is a stud

• SnB offense defense specialteams

JB Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:29 pm
    What’s with Jano? He’s missed a season’s worth of kicks already this year. Someone needs to talk with that boy.
    =========================================
    Maybe if they would have Jano….um…practice during camp…instead of standing around stretching while some guy college kid gets a free football camp experience……just sayin

• Bauce 4 Real

Desmond Bryant in at 3rd and short…..what do u think happened? LOL

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer

Third-and-1. Right up the gut for easy first down for Cardinals.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer

Are Cardinals starting to realize they should just run, run, and runs some more?

• Bauce 4 Real

MistaBr0wn Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:32 pm
    Bauce,
    I been on Jano for a good 5 years, maybe more.
    All I get is pushback from the Nation….I stand by my assessment.

********************

Nedy is taking pipe in SF….no thanks

• MistaBr0wn

Bruce needs to start being a little more careful with the ball. Honestly he looks like he wants to throw 2 picks before the game is over!

Sack up Bruce!

• Bauce 4 Real

Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:32 pm
    Third-and-1. Right up the gut for easy first down for Cardinals.

*******************

No Big John

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Trevor Scott over Matt Shaughnesssy?

• Bauce 4 Real

Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

***********************

Been saying this…….I should be the NFL writer

• MistaBr0wn

Bauce
    I will swap Nedney for Jano in a heartbeat!

No questions.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer

Tyvon Branch making a lot of tackles. That’s usually not a good sign.

• 89052RAIDER

Mitchell is so awful

• SnB offense defense specialteams

We going back to that 2-5 defense?

• RaidingTexas

Defense is getting soft. Offense is getting inept. This isn’t setting up well for a good ending.

Time to start drinking. Heavily.

• Bauce 4 Real

Issues…..be prepared to grab your tissue

• beach

Winners win, and losers lose! We will find out where we stand in 15 minutes! Darn defense just caved in!

• williamsburg raider

why has our D given up? i do hope it’s temporary

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer

Raiders pass defense in close is awful. Second time they gave up a ridiculously easy touchdown. This one to Larry Fitzgerald, no less.

• raiders22

pathetic fu**ing effort by the defense today. piss poor

• 89052RAIDER

mitchell has no upside

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer

Now it’s official. Raiders will need more than 24 points to win.

• Bauce 4 Real

MistaBr0wn Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:34 pm
    Bauce
    I will swap Nedney for Jano in a heartbeat!

No questions.

*****************************

But then Nedney will want the other players to listen to Justin Bieber and watch reality TV whil eating bon bons

• JB

Not impressed with Mitchell.

• 89052RAIDER

mitchell bad pad level, leaves his feet, over pursues.

• http://www.wix.com/GGEden/ggeden GG

soft azz d too easy

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

I thought Gradkowski was the savior of this team?

Dude is 50% passing with a pick and a horrible Red Zone % today.

Defense folds after another Special Team Miscue.

• beach

How did Fitzgerald get so wide open?

• Hot Shot

Branch messed up 3 times today.He sucks every week same ol crap from this guy.Put brown in his spot.

• raiderzmaverick

Let’s see if Raiderz can respond. They look pretty dead out there.

• Bauce 4 Real

You guys dont get it……DT combo is a joke

• MistaBr0wn

Bauce,
    I have seen enough of Jano.

The end

• djohnnyg

This Oakland defense SUCKS!!!

• Bauce 4 Real

Raider75 Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:37 pm
    I thought Gradkowski was the savior of this team?

Dude is 50% passing with a pick and a horrible Red Zone % today.

Defense folds after another Special Team Miscue.

**************************

He aint that bad tho

• MistaBr0wn

Jacoby Francis takes a knee.

Good job!

• Hot Shot

Grads is doing better than Campbell would have.That,s 4 sure.

• ArmChair GM

# Bauce 4 Real Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:37 pm

You guys dont get it……DT combo is a joke
    _________________________________________________________

Amen Bauce. Some people just never learn.

• RaidingTexas

Raider75 Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:37 pm
    I thought Gradkowski was the savior of this team?

Dude is 50% passing with a pick and a horrible Red Zone % today.

———————————————-

10 for 22 is 50%? I guess my math skills are off today.

• raiderzmaverick

# Raider75 Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I thought Gradkowski was the savior of this team?

Dude is 50% passing with a pick and a horrible Red Zone % today.

Defense folds after another Special Team Miscue.
    ============================
    We scored more points today in the first half than the other two games the whole game….I just hope he can pull things together under pressure now.

• MistaBr0wn

Bruce has tried to throw at least 3 picks today the Cards just wont cooperate.

I like Bruce but he is careless throwing the ball!

• Bauce 4 Real

MistaBr0wn Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:38 pm
    Bauce,
    I have seen enough of Jano.

The end

*****************

So have I at the bar lol

• JB

DMac is doing some good blocking

• raiders22

bauce theyre running outside bc our ends have no contain. you dont get it bud, has nothing to do with our dt’s. and theyre beating us through the air so how will henderson help us there? please tell me

• Bauce 4 Real

MistaBr0wn Says:
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:39 pm
    Bruce has tried to throw at least 3 picks today the Cards just wont cooperate.

I like Bruce but he is careless throwing the ball!

***********************************