Raiders at least No. 1 in Bay Area

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, September 27th, 2010 at 8:05 am in Oakland Raiders.

The most screwed up NFL franchise in the Bay Area is not in Oakland.

The morning after a 31-10 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Arrowhead Stadium, the 49ers have fired offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, according to the NFL Network’s Jason LaCanfora, Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco and surely more outlets which will all claim to have gotten it first.

It’s not that there weren’t serious issues with Raye stemming from the Week 1 loss to Seattle and the Week 3 meltdown in Kansas City. It’s just that coach Mike Singletary told reporters in Kansas City the 49ers would hold off on making any changes and even said Raye would remain the offensive coordinator for the rest of the season.

Maiocco reported the Chiefs were calling out 49ers plays in advance based on formations. That being the case, it’s too bad Raye has left the building. The Raiders could have used that kind of advantage when the two teams meet at Candlestick Park on Oct. 17.

More to come later after what figures to be a sullen open locker room session at 10:30 a.m. and coach Tom Cable’s press briefing at 2 p.m. . . .

John Fox would probably rather take an OC job or Asst coach job in the NFL – or even College HC job than be HC under Al Davis!

• RNOraiderFan

Ok hear is the coaching team for next year..Dreaming
    HC Gruden
    OC Harbaugh
    DC Fox
    this is a superbowl team

Well, what do the self-righteous Al Davis fans have to say for themselves, today?

***

that he shouldn’t have drafted SeaBust until Round 2?

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real GradkowskiRaider

Didn’t the Raiders explain their first round pick on Janiskowki by saying that we were in so many close games and now we would win them because we had a solid field goal kicker?

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real GradkowskiRaider

Fox isn’t coming here to work for Gruden. Come on.

• Hobs Gnarly

i think we could get it done with cable, maybe hue and marshall if al would just go away.

• RNOraiderFan

Notice the ..,Dreaming part?

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Fox was one of the former Raiders’ coachess that told Sean Peyton to the the fook away from Oakland and Al Davis.

I doubt he will be our HC…plus he is a defensive guy…..we know Al doesn’t like his HCs messing with his defense!
    _________________

I must have had a stroke! Meant to say:

Fox was one of the former Raiders’ coaches that told Sean Peyton to STAY the fook away from Oakland and Al Davis.

• RNOraiderFan

Marshall is a joke.

• Norco Bob

Back in 99,…we had a kicker that kicked the Chiefs out of the playoffs at arrowhead,..for that he was released,..drafted Janikowski. Im real.

• aig-raiders

From BSPN….Quarterbacks coach Mike Johnson was promoted to lead playcaller. Johnson becomes the 49ers’ eighth offensive coordinator in eight seasons. Assistant Jason Michael was promoted to quarterbacks coach

—————–

I think we heard this song before with JC. The only common denominator is the QB.

• http:mixinasalad.org I HATE FAT PEOPLE

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 11:57 am
    Hire John Fox! You all know that Cowler is taking that N/C job next year.

———————-

Hire John Fox? WTF, are you fat?

Fox was already a coach here and LEFT, and has publicly stated his dismay. Plus he is fat.

• RNOraiderFan

I don’t care if Fox won’t come to Oakland. I like the guy, I think he is a great head coach. I wish Al would at least try to get Fox here. What is wrong with trying?

• Hobs Gnarly

with the d-line personel the raiders have except for kelly, should be keeping it under 14 points a game, but giving up the big play hurts us. and that is because no tackling in preseason and in practice. gotta practice it, otherwise it leads to being out of position and being forced to grab, hold etc…

• r8rwill

this coaching staff seems not to be able to evaluate talent..last year n miller occupied a roster spot and didn’t play a down!! he is on the roster this year, where is he?? same for pears, goethal, schillens… cable is the guy who moved gallery to guard, he said gallery didn’t adapt to the zbs,,hmmmm i wonder… mario stinks period. i don’t care what scheme is used.. and langston walker isn’t much better.. without a line the raiders ain’t going anywhere period…

• Norco Bob

I can promise you that todays 2:00 PC Cable will talk mostly about Blandas passing,..to divert the mess…in my opinion Blanda makes that kick yesterday,..from his death bed…I make that kick drunk and stoned.

• RNOraiderFan

Fox will be unemployeed next year, you never know..
    Yes I’m fat 220lbs, whats its to ya?

• Hobs Gnarly

marshall is a joke only because he is under al’s thumb but give the guy free reign and just maybe we have a game plan like the eagles game last year.

• http:mixinasalad.org I HATE FAT PEOPLE

Norco Bob Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

——————

It was Joe Nedney!! And, he is not fat, that is a good thing.

Fat = bad
    Lean = good

• Norco Bob

RNO….Fox was here,..and quit…guess why?…do your homework fool.

• ArmChair GM

# I HATE FAT PEOPLE Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 11:57 am
    Hire John Fox! You all know that Cowler is taking that N/C job next year.

———————-

Hire John Fox? WTF, are you fat?

_______________________________________________________

I love this Guy!!!

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Bring back Cole Ford!

• fat kidd

people welcome mat not out for in oakland lane kiffin jon grueden,jamarcus russell,rich gannon,adam schefter,mike shanahan.

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real GradkowskiRaider

Nothing on the internet about Blanda dying.

• RNOraiderFan

I make that kick drunk and stoned.
    LMAO!

• Hobs Gnarly

fox will not be unemployed for long, he is a good coach.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Yep, I think Cowher will be in Carolina next year and Gruden will be in Dallas.

And Al will promote Sanjay Lal to Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders!

• Norco Bob

MR,…Jeff Birin emailed me about 4 hours ago with the news.

• http:mixinasalad.org I HATE FAT PEOPLE

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:08 pm
    Fox will be unemployeed next year, you never know..
    Yes I’m fat 220lbs, whats its to ya?

—————–

I knew you were fat based on your ignorance. Figures.

• Norco Bob

Birren

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real GradkowskiRaider

Fox seems a little old school. He’s like the high school coach in a bad ’80s movie. Chewing gum with his harms folded, “Come on, girls!”.

Look who just won the Super Bowl. It’s the geeks who know how to win today.

• RNOraiderFan

RNO….Fox was here,..and quit…guess why?…do your homework fool.
    **************************************************
    Ohhh name calling, must be in a pilled out druck stupor. Everyone is such a tough guy on a keyboard, I’m LMFAO!!!!

• Norco Bob

Sean Peyton isnt a geek,..he was a good college qb,..and also crossed picket lines as replacement player in 1987.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Man, there is a bright young coach that has USC playing pretty well right now….what is his name again? Main Liftin? Kane Liffin? Something like that….looks like a pretty good coach.

• http:mixinasalad.org I HATE FAT PEOPLE

Dakota Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:11 pm

And Al will promote Sanjay Lal to Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders!

——————

LMAO. Hey dude is very lean and slim, must be all the curry. Personally I can’t say it might not be a good thing to promote him, at least he has proper diet.

• DMAC
  • fat kidd

Next Raiders HC =Steve Mariucci

• RNOraiderFan

I knew you were fat based on your ignorance. Figures.
    ******************************************************
    And your probley some 5 foot 8 150lbs guy that drives a ford F250 with a 6 inch lift. HAHA!

• Norco Bob

RNO,..dont get mad at me just because you are clueless on facts,…just try a little harder and you wont look so stupid and uninformed.

• Hobs Gnarly

i think al could have made that kick, with his trolley no less, like a little old woman who has tennis balls on the end of her trolley to keep it from slipping, glasses dangling from neck.

• RNOraiderFan

Next Raiders HC =Steve Mariucci
    **************************************
    Liked the guy with the 9ers, with the lions the guy was lost.

• morilla

Stop talking about had coaches FFS. You all are living in some imaginary world. You have what you have and that’s it.

Nothing will change until someone is gone. And you know who that someone is. Until then, if you want to keep having meaningless banter about a parallel universe be my guest.

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real GradkowskiRaider

# Norco Bob Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

……………

Doesn’t surprise me he was a scab. The first generation of the Republican-ization of pro sports in America. We went from great players, great games, and great outspoken political minds to lousy football and a bunch of players with their mouths taped off the field.

• Hobs Gnarly

what happened to that sean peyton story about the drugs disappearing from the saints med supply?

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Who was Blanda playing for this season? I can’t remember. I guess I better cut him on my FF team!

RIP Blanda…hell of a career you had! All kidding aside, you probably could have kicked a 32 yarder this year.

• http:mixinasalad.org I HATE FAT PEOPLE

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

————————————

Nope, 6′ 185 of pure lean, fit, sexiness!! Thats how I roll. I mix in a salad, a protein shake, and a thing called “the gym”.

How you like them apples fat azz?

• RNOraiderFan

So what that Fox quit? Your saying its not worth a try to get a REAL HC in here? Is anyone tired of the nobodys comming in here and doing nothing with all this talent? Or is it the Talent of the team? If thats the case get rid of the players and run with Cable another 3 years and see where we are.

• http:mixinasalad.org I HATE FAT PEOPLE

RNOraiderFan Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

—————————————

Nope, 6′ 185lbs of pure lean, fit, awesomeness!! Thats how I roll. I mix in a salad, a protein shake, and a thing called “the gym”.

How you like them apples fat azz? I’m sure you like those apples with extra sugar and whip cream with a cherry on top.

• fat kidd

Hobs Gnarly Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:17 pm

………well they said he got a dime bag and didnt pay fot it so he paid for it and bought another.

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real GradkowskiRaider

There’s nothing on the internet about Blanda, anywhere. Have a source, Bob? Or have you descended into making up death rumors to get attention?