Slide show: A look back at Raiders great George Blanda

Jon Becker

• J Hill

What’s with the “slideshows” ????

Is this a new toy?

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

I’m not even mad at Seabass for missing that kick. I’m angry about the bad coaching, stupid penalties, having a career backup as our starting QB, and having a GM who does nothing to improve the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league.

• http://lovoshovonovo.tw St. Jimmy

Dang, he was old…

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Jerry, thanks for including the slide of the game that Seabass kicked a 57 yarder to win the game against the Jets.

• http://lovoshovonovo.tw St. Jimmy

I HATE FAT PEOPLE Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:14 pm
    I am going back to my real name, St. Jimmy, no more hating on anyone. Please accept my apologies.

————

I put away the hater….

Dang, that first picture of Blanda scares me, he looks like a hard nose dude who would punch you in the mouth just for looking at him. A true Raider!! RIP brother.

• http://lovoshovonovo.tw St. Jimmy

Blanda looks like my old neighbor that chops his own wood and drinks Schlitz, he is a tough old dude.

• J Hill

Do they really still make Schlitz?????

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Here you go J Hill.

• JLofty

Rest in peace George.

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

I hope it wasn’t yesterday’s game that killed him.

• fat kidd

Three games in, the Raiders have 33 penalties for 290 yards. That’s 176 penalties for 1,547 yards by the end of the season

• D in UC

Seen enough of Cable….Go get Harbaugh NOW!

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Did you steal that stat from Jerry, Fat Kidd?
    You could at least give him credit.

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

# A.B. Paine III Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I hope it wasn’t yesterday’s game that killed him.
    =====================================================
    If the Ja Marcus era didn’t kill him i doubt yesterday did.

• fat kidd

A.B. Paine III Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:37 pm
    Did you steal that stat from Jerry, Fat Kidd?
    You could at least give him credit.

………sorry cash no credit……

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

Wasn’t Denver 6-0 last year????

• Just Fire Baby

Man……..still have no voice or energy.

I remember, right before the FG and all the Raider fans were starting their “Raaaaiiiiiideeeeers” chant inside the stadium, I looked at my wife, completely shatfaced, and said the famous last words.

“This all just seems to easy for a victory.”

Yup, guess it was.

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

Was there a Fiesta Latina celebration at the game yesterday????? http://raiders.com/

• fat kidd

A.B. Paine III Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:37 pm
    Did you steal that stat from Jerry, Fat Kidd?
    You could at least give him credit.

………..your always looking for credit then you run off and dont pay your bills.dead beat….

• Just Fire Baby

Hue Jackson is terrible.

Lost in the madness that was the delay of game (at least 50% Bruce’s fault) on the goalline (and subsequent two passes afterward) was what happened to end the first half.

They had zero timeouts, and ran the clock way down for the toss to Darren. Of course he scored, but if he would have been tackled before the goalline, the clock would have just run out and we would have gotten zero points out of that.

• 90806RAIDER77

Google “Commitment to Excellence”, and you will see a picture of George Blanda

• RaiderDebo

September 27th, 2010 at 11:32 am
    # aig-raiders Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 11:25 am

RaiderDebo Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 11:15 am
    Reader: “Don’t Blame Janikowski”
    September 27th, 2010 | by raiderstu | ……..

If you can’t make a chip shot at the end of the game with the game on the line, I’m sorry, but you’re gonna be wearing the goat’s horns, that’s just my opinion.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This guy gets it.

Sorry but you and him dont get it. The headline says dont blame Jano but the last line of paragraph of the article seems to say it’s all on Jano. Try reading the article next time.
    ………….

The article was in response to a Reader who said don’t blame Jano.

The reader responded to this article…http://raidersradar.com/2010/09/27/jano-has-got-to-go/

Then the writer responded with this article…http://raidersradar.com/2010/09/27/reader-dont-blame-janikowski/
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Read the article. I agree that when push comes to shove, Jano should have made the kick. But the guy added some good perspective in his comments about Grads. All the throws to the other team can’t be ignored.

• DKnight007

Cable should have paid attention to Jano and realized he was pressing and had no confidence.

He was sweating his bald head off and wiping with a towel like crazy in a closed roof stadium that has air conditioning and he is not even running??

Terrible.

Go for TD’s you moron coaches!

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

Who will be fired first Cable or Singletary or does it come down to the battle of the bay winner???

• DKnight007

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:44 pm
    Hue Jackson is terrible.

^^^^^^^^
    Yep….Cable and Hue were to blame on that weirdness.

Can you imaging if they didn’t score there??

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

If Cable doesn’t beat the Chargers, he is gone.

• DKnight007

Raye was predictably fired…that was a matter of time and now it will be a matter of time before drama queen Singletary is canned also!

Niners = overrated a holes….

The battle of which bay area football team will land Jim Harbaugh to be their next head coach!

• Just Fire Baby

I can vouch that it is no hotter than 72 inside that stadium.

Can’t wait to watch the TV feed, and see what really happened.

All I know is we got housed on the opening kickoff, shut them down for the most part, DHB can’t catch, Bruce just heaves it downfield in single coverage 80% of the time, and we had no business winning that game anyways if not for the fumbled punts.

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

the San Francisco Chronicle said it all after Sebastian Janikowski’s missed kick at the buzzer: “Seabust.”

• IndianaRaider

Jerry, when you have your next phone call with Cable, why not ask the “Guru” why he keeps people on the roster who have yet to see game time aka our DB killa when it’s obvious we need line help and now. The kid wasted a slot all of last season and now 3 strait games and yet our line gets worse each week.

Get Nick Miller out of here and bring someone who can play or else you won’t have much to write about each week other than the obvious, the team loses again.

Get Nick Miller out of here and bring someone who can play

***

Indiana,

are we related or something?

trade Nick Miller & Bruce Campbell for a kicker!

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

those punts looked like they were knucklers from Shane the way they bounced around.

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:48 pm
    I can vouch that it is no hotter than 72 inside that stadium.

Can’t wait to watch the TV feed, and see what really happened.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The most objective post yet. And from Bruce’s #1 fan. Knew I could count on you.

• IndianaRaider

I’m just tired of the same result week in and week out, even if we squeek by and snag a win, the line is still in shambles and the rough part of the schedule is coming up, I for one don’t want to see another 10+ loss season but it’s looking like its unavoidable.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

Oakland Raiders Examiner >> Raider Nation mourns icon http://buzztap.com/-5ifzl9
    ……………

That’s not Blanda we’re mourning, that Fat Azz’s shank as time ran out yesterday.

F’N Janishanki

• IndianaRaider

anyone else watching Jano wipe his head get reminded of the movie, “The Replacements” when the kicker knew he couldn’t make the kick or else those goons were going to hurt him? Never seen anything like it except in hollywood, is Swayze still out there looking for a job? 5 missed FG’s in 3 games? get out of here.

• Just Fire Baby

*****************************

Don’t get me wrong, he played good enough for us to win.

When he goes down the field, he always throws it into single-coverage, so he makes good choices of where to get the ball too.

It just seems that our OC has realized we are going to get blitzed all the time, and his only answer is Bruce throwing 30 yard passes to DHB. I was pretty faded, but it seemed like we ran the same plays the whole second half.

JFB: I’ll expect your two best FF players by Wednesday evening

Thanks in advance,

Podunk Express

JFB: the trade is Massaquoi & Britt for your two most productive WR’s to tomorrows date (after tonights game of course)

enjoyed the friendly bet

have a great evening

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 1:57 pm

*****************************

Don’t get me wrong, he played good enough for us to win.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I hear ya. He played pretty well. This game eats at me big time though. Can’t say we got robbed by the officials or that we got unlucky. I never thought I’d see a game where we got more breaks than the Cincy game last year. Then comes yesterday, and we still lost! Kind of reminds me of the Buffalo loss in 2008.

• buckeyeraider

‘Sup fellas.
    R.I.P. George Blanda.
    Second Raider great lost this year.

Vegas,
    When you watch it on TV, keep an eye on Ariz’s first td pass. The little 3 yarder to Breaston on 3rd down. Cards run biggest pick play ever. Slot rec. blasts Stanford to let Breaston slide in for easy TD.

Blatant. Should’ve been called back. Ariz probably settle for fg attempt.

Raiders still shoulda won, though. Janno cannot miss that 32 yarder.

• DKnight007

Niner change OC’s and it is obvious what they will be trying to do next week at Atlanta.

They will try and run more spread formations and run the spread offense in desperate move. They will try and get the ball to Davis, Gore and CrabDiva in the passing game out of the spread and hope they do better.

They won’t….they will be 0-4!

• DKnight007

buckeyeraider Says:
    September 27th, 2010 at 2:04 pm
    ‘Sup fellas.
    R.I.P. George Blanda.
    Second Raider great lost this year.

Vegas,

Blatant. Should’ve been called back. Ariz probably settle for fg attempt.

Raiders still shoulda won, though. Janno cannot miss that 32 yarder.

^^^^^^^
    Oh yeah…I saw that….the stupid refs call a pick on DHB that should have been a TD to Murph when it wasn’t a pick….and then they don’t call a blatant pick that opened up Breaston for the TD??

Whack!

DK: the 49ers offense consists of 2 players

Frank Gore & Vernon Davis

shut down 1 or both = victory … unless SF scores on Defense or Special Teams

• Just Fire Baby

That stadium is something else though, man was it impressive.

My buddies and I were amazed at all the Raiders fans all around the place, we started off saying it might be 70-30, and than talked ourselves into 50-50.

And than they returned the opening KO, LOL. That place was freaking loud!!! 80/20 at best.

• buckeyeraider

Like I said last night, Mario should have hung himself on his short leash with his play by now. He is regressing.

Cable tried to elevate his play and prod him to play better with the whole rotating w/Veldheer thing. It’s not working. Mario is killing this team with costly penalties and bad play.

Yesterday, they tried to run a screen to DMac in the 2nd half. Probably would’ve been a big play, but went for next to nothing because of Mario. He just stood there and let his guy make the tackle. Didn’t even try to block him, like he didn’t see the guy standing right next to him or something.

Sometimes it just seems like the guy goes into some sorta brain lock or something. Like the opener vs Tenn, when he just stood there, hands on hip staring at the sideline, while players were fighting for the fumble he just caused by giving up the sack.

Unbelievable.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Passer rating of 72.

• Just Fire Baby

Haven’t seen the replay, but the first pass to DHB up the seam, seemed very catchable if not a flat drop.