Raiders live chat today at noon

By Jon Becker
Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 at 8:18 am in Live chats, Oakland Raiders.

Join Jerry McDonald for a Raiders live chat today at noon as he breaks down what went wrong against Arizona and what lies ahead Sunday when Houston comes to town.

Gradkowski will have a good day

Schaub is ok, not great and can easily be rattled.

***

bwahahahaha!

Matt Schaub is a Top 10 NFL QB – Maybe even Top 5!

Brittle Bruce doesn’t even crack the Top 25 bro

• fat kidd

The raiders are over the hump their 1-2 start will be a distant memory after 3 wins in a row,which i personally as a leading nfl pundit gaurantee these three wins in a row. I am putting my reputation of never being wrong on rhe line here.so if you people here who are often wrong want too kick the tires and take this statement out for a spin go ahead,but its going too happen.as sure as the sun rises its going to happen.One time, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken and was right about not being wrong.well thats cause a friend who was being treated for cancer came home from the doctor and i took him for a ride to get his prescription filled and he showed be the bottle and i told him i think they gave you the wrong prescription i saw a commercial on this drug and its for a bladder problem ,my friend got mad at me yelled i dont see your medical degree on the friggin wall so i was wrong for upseting my friend but a hour later his doctor called told him he needs to come back he gave him the wrong prescription,so i was right at the same time.

fatty: any new articles from PFT to copy & paste ???

how does your boy CJ Spiller measure up to McFadden now?

• guest123

we drafted Kirk Morrison 2.0

if you want to get excited about that, be my guest

could have just kept Capt Kirk, drafted a nose tackle and saved $30 million, but whatever. it’s not my money

and the run defense has been awful for 7 years. I shouldn’t be surprised when we make it 8 …

*************************

I get that you really liked Capt Kirk, but who at #8 would you have drafted as a starting NT that would have made a difference?

I think you need to give McClain a break. For where he is right now, 3 games into his rookie year, he’s playing at least as good as Capt Kirk did last year. But that’s a pretty good thing when you consider he has upside, and Kirk was never going to improve. Kirk couldn’t line up the defense right half the time and was confused more often than not. I think McClain has a command of the defense and swagger that can lead us out of being piss poor one day. It takes some growing pains, but for what was available at #8 this year, I think we took the right guy.

• ghosttothepost

hey Fatty, you really need to share your drugs

• fat kidd

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:12 am
    fatty: any new articles from PFT to copy & paste ???

how does your boy CJ Spiller measure up to McFadden now?

did you see my boy cjs 95 yarg kickoff return last week

• elraid

I am not saying Gradkowski is better than Schaub, I am saying he gets rattled, the Raiders defense can rattle the guy, do you remember the last time we played and beat the Texans? do I have to remind you? The defense needs to be let loose on Sunday, you will see.

• J Hill

and to compare him to Morrison are you kidding?

——————————————————-

No, he’s not.

• ghosttothepost

I think the Raider defense needs to make a statement this week. there’s enough talent on that side of the ball to gain some cred. The defense needs to hold a team to 10-13 points … The offense is far too dysfunctional to even worry about … Let the defense be the trademark of this team — and roll the dice … Is there really any other choices at this point?

• fat kidd

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:12 am
    fatty: any new articles from PFT to copy & paste ???

how does your boy CJ Spiller measure up to McFadden now?
    …………..and marshawn lynnch is back on the trading block because of spiller.

• J Hill

——————————————————-

And more importantly, how would that NT help plug the hole in the line at DE that is Trevor Scott?

• elraid

659 you are right, the speed,talent are there on the defense no doubt about it, they need to play smart, but I get this feeling they are being held back. Wimbley should have a sack a game, something is just not right, I have to blame Marshall I mean Al for the sometimes passive defense.

• fat kidd

Bills now listening to offers for Marshawn Lynch
    0 Comment September 28 ESPN.com (scroll down) Share Article”Maybe now the Packers will make some progress in their oft-rumored efforts to swing a deal for disgruntled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch.

An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week. Recently added Dimitri Nance was among the inactives Monday night.

• guest123

My outlook on this team is a little muddled going forward because this year’s albatross, the loser that is the spoilt apple that is bringing his loser ways that is affecting the entire team is John Fassel.

Fire that loser Fassel. And cut Nick Miller. End scholarships.

Addition by subtraction. Winning only happens when you field a team of winners, and prune off the dead wood.

• J Hill

I think the Raider defense needs to make a statement this week.

—————————————————–

They can only do so much.

We need the STs to just play average man. Nothing spectacular, just AVERAGE gawd dammmmitttt!

And please someone tell Gardowski to be a bit more careful with the ball. Those picks he’s trying to throw to other team are making me nervous!

• ghosttothepost

The Raiders need something to hang their hats on … A couple of INTs, a couple of fumble recoveries — maybe even, God forbid, a blocked punt … Make stuff happen …that’s how you win in the NFL

• LA to TheBay

Brittle Bruce doesn’t even crack the Top 25 bro
    ——————————————————

Brittle Bruce?

Cause the guy got anihalated in the Redskins game AND finished the half with two bad knees?

Or he tore his pec working as HARD as possible to be the Raiders starter in the offseason?

Next.

• LA to TheBay

—————————————–

Hue will.

He should also tell him to keep putting together (what should have been) game-winning drives and making gutsy throws.

But he can be too wreckless trying to prove himself.

We have two ends of the spectrum. Jason Checkdown and Bruce Wrecklesski.

• ghosttothepost

Grads is a gamerf … give him that … he’s just not all that talented … That’s a fact, unfortunately … Difference in him and Plunkett/Stabler — They were gamers too, but they also possessed big talent … Need both to win in the NFL

• guest123

J Hill Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:22 am
    I think the Raider defense needs to make a statement this week.

—————————————————–

They can only do so much.

*********************

Great points!

Agree Grads needs to stop throwing those sidearm rising sliders in traffic. He has Drew Brees heart, but he doesn’t have his accuracy. Else he’d be a franchise QB. Grads is better off throwing the ball away. There were a number of balls thrown in traffic against the Rams and Cards that would have been pick 6′s against better defenses. We cant continue to ride the luck.

• LA to TheBay

ghosttothepost Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:27 am
    —————————————–

I feel you and for the most part agree.

The reason you will see me champion Bruce so much is that he gives what the Raiders have so badly needed at the QB position in terms of leadership and accountability for years.

Years.

• elraid

I like Gradkowski, remember when he took a bunch of the players to his moms house for dinner, tells what kind of guy he is, plays hard I want him to suceed. He reminds me so much of Gannon fiery intense, we shoudl stop knocking him and support him! Come on we have suffered through 7 years of nighmares. Listen management is not changing deal with it and support this guy he is a winner trust me on that!

• bcz24

elraid Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:16 am

Last time we played the Texans was week 4 last year and they blew us out 29-6…

• LA to TheBay

Last time we played the Texans was week 4 last year and they blew us out 29-6…

We had zero offensive production.

That game, like so many others, had a lop-sided score because our offense couldn’t move the ball at all. I don’t think our defense was to blame there. We held Slaton in check (obviously Foster looks far more beastly though).

With better production, it’ll look more like 08.

• elraid

ok, let’s see what happens this week, Raiders will win.

• fat kidd

you can say all you want about gradkowski ,cause he is not playing sunday jason campbell is!!

• bcz24

The original poster said we beat Houston last time we played them. I was simply correcting him.

We CAN beat Houston this year. But they wont be a push over. If we dont get after them with heavy pressure they can blow us apart.

• guest123

******************
    playing pocket pool on the sidelines that is

• LA to TheBay

fat kidd Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:35 am
    ———————-

Ok, so we can expect at least 4 sacks (2 for fumbles, 1 lost) and some Keystone Cops routines and a glazed look in Campbell’s eyes when he stares into space being down 20 in the 4th?

Gotcha.

• ghosttothepost

You can compare Grads to Gannon, but big difference — career completion % for Grads 53% (best so far 54.7) — Gannon 60.2% for his career — a bad season for him was 54.7% — that’s a lot for Grads to overcome — and, maybe it’s just me, but I think 6-foot-1 is a bit too short to play in today’s NFL

• ghosttothepost

But still, sigh, he’s the best option the Raiders have

• LA to TheBay

bcz24 Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:37 am

—————————————-

Controlling the run game will be key.

Kubiak is no idiot and if its one thing he knows, it’s how to game plan against Oakland.

I wouldn’t expect as much passing as they have been through 3 weeks.

Lots of stretch and power runs. Play action, try to burn Routt/Branch deep.

Keep their O off the field, keep ours on (which we’ve been able to do this year, just haven’t cashed in).

Which is why, for the Raiders, it’s the 8th season of Lost

• guest123

Campbell had this dazed look the first 6 quarters of the season. I think up until that hit against the Niners, he had his mojo intact. He got rocked on that play mentally and phyiscally. Just not the same guy. He needs to work his way back to remember what it’s like to have to make plays and take chances. I’d sooner have Boller in there if Grads gets hurt.

• bcz24

Their D is weak, probably the weakest we have played yet. If we capitalize on all those redzone opportunites we should win.

• Just Fire Baby

Raiders have the third ranked overall defense, the Jaguars 29th.

Jaguars have the same yards per rushing attempt than the Raiders as well, and Rockstar still won’t give up on this Morrison 2.0 bit.

Hey the Cardinals drafted a NT in the first round, how’s that working for them?? Oh yeah 2nd worst run defense in the NFL.

• ghosttothepost

correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Kubiak a Shanahan disciple — Shanahan and all his mini-me rat-faced wrinkled nosed cronies live to beat the Raiders

Raiders Run Defense ranks 24th at 133 yards per game

Jaguars Run Defense ranks 16th at 115 yards per game

***

I’ll try to keep you guys updated each week!

• ghosttothepost

Big surprise there RR — Raiders haven’t stopped the run since Moby Dick was a guppy

JFB: you’re trashing the Cardinals?

the team that just beat us and is tied for 1st place in thier division despite injuries to Fitz, Breaston & Doucet? Wells just came back and they are solid on ST as well

pick another target bro, seriously

Maybe the Rams?

oh wait. can’t do that either. they just creamed the Redskins, who you predicted would make the playoffs this year!

• LA to TheBay

ghosttothepost Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:39 am
    —————————————————–

Good point. I’m hit you guys with some numbers here in a bit. Grads at this point in his career, isn’t much different than Gannon.

Gannon didn’t achieve 60% completion until his 8th year in the league (when he played 2 games for KC). Ke completed 60% or better the following year, playing in 4 games.

It would be another four years after that before he hit 60 again (his second year with Oakland).

Gannon never achieved 60% as a full-season starter until coming here.

Gannon never had more than 16 TDs before coming to Oakland. Gannon’s TD-INT ratio was never better than 2-1 until coming to Oakland.

Gannon’s career won-loss record prior to Oakland was 31-27.

• ghosttothepost

If Can of Soup has not been the same because of one hit, then that’s all you need to know about him … Jeez, Stabler used to take one of those hits a quarter .. Can of Soup needs to grow a pair

***

bwahahahahahaha!

good one Ghost :P

• guest123

ghosttothepost Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:49 am

**************
    damm skippy!

• LA to TheBay

ghosttothepost Says:
    September 29th, 2010 at 7:43 am

Yup, OC in Denver for several of their more succesful years.

Texans RB Arian Foster is #1 in rushing yards in the NFL, going up against a team that gives up 133 rushing yards per game …

anybody think the Texans might try to run the ball?

especially considering both Seymour & Henderson are banged up ???

Ya think

• guest123

Gannon never achieved 60% as a full-season starter until coming here.

Gannon’s career won-loss record prior to Oakland was 31-27.

*************************

Gradkowski is no Gannon. He’ll never be more than a 50% passer. He just isn’t blessed with raw talent. He’s a poor mans Drew Brees. And we are lucky to have him as a starter, when you look down on the bench and see what else we got.

• ghosttothepost

especially with what’s his face being hobbled with high ankle sprain

• ghosttothepost

That’s a sad commentary Guest … Sad, but true … That’s the fallout for JaWalrus … Gotta pay for big-time mistakes, everybody does