Report sheds light Johnson’s ankle

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, October 1st, 2010 at 6:42 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Tom Cable said he’s certain Andre Johnson will play Sunday when the Raiders host the Houston Texans.

An AOL Fanhouse report suggests Johnson’s sprained ankle is serious enough to be getting special treatment.

Namely, “platelet-rich plasma therapy.”

Not sure what that is other than what I just read in the above link, or how effective it is.

But if I’m the Texans, it’s Week 4 and I’m playing the Raiders, Johnson is taking the week off.

• Dude

“we” LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dude

Just win baby??? Thats the team “modo”??

• Jmackraider12

I compared gannon to grad throughout the argument because you labeled grads a “journeyman” and i said that so was “gannon”..Bringing up points of gannon throguhout his carreer to draw comparisons between the 2 “journeyman qbs”..Ultimatly tryin to say, if gannon was a successful journeymen, why couldnt grads be?? In your argument you were ultimatly writing off the fact(in your words and tone of writing) that a journeymen QB was not a solution for a team, i said look at gannon, gannon proves your argument wrong that a journeyman qb isnt worth cowcrap..

• priesttj

Hairybush

My god man this stuff has been beat to death, why do you bring up Jason Campbell lack of performance as an excuse for Grads problems. It was obvious to everyone that Campbell looked very confused and lethargic he needed to sit and watch. While that is true what does that have to do with Grads?

I think Campbell was way under par, but I also think he can play much better than what we saw week1. In fact I know he can I’ve seen enough of him to know that he’s a much btter player than that.

That still doesn’t have a thing to do with what Gradkowski is doing. I’m talking about gradkowski being or not being a longterm answer. Either he is or he isn’t…………period

• HairyBush

Glutten for Punishment Says:
    October 1st, 2010 at 10:08 pm
    i remember reading stevie brown tried out for NE, did he sign?———————————————————————-
    He’s back on the Raiders bro, 53 man roster.

• Jmackraider12

and yes i beleive Just Win baby is our modo…am i wrong?

• Glutten for Punishment

sweet!!!!

• Dude

Translation…. I just got beetch slapt so now I am gonna try and act like I wasnt REALLY saying what I was saying.

• Jmackraider12

I also agree that sitting and watching will be better for campbell(being the mature proffesional he is), if he can learn this system he has the tools to be a better starter(only thing that makes me partial to grads is that quick release, which i think is an overlooked attribute in the league) and campbell really does not, in a perfect world where we have a probowl offensive line without a doubt campbells the guy, but grads skillset fits our o-line plain n simple, (i know beating a dead horse but its ture)

• Dude

1) What the f is a “modo”?

2) Hows that “modo” workn out say the last 8 years???

• Jmackraider12

Thats your translation lol, look at the conversation if you want..

• Nnamdi21

You game plan for him anyway.

• Jmackraider12

and idk about 8 years but i know we were in the superbowl 7 years ago with an old old team, maybe, they all retired…and then…and then we started trying to rebuild with more older players…and then we realized that wasnt working..and then we starting building through the draft..and then..and then jamarcus happened…and yeah now were here..stop crying.

• Dude

Only a true idiot would try and use a “MOTTO” like “Just win baby” while the team is in the midst of an all time streak of LOSING.

• HairyBush

Hairybush

————————————-
    It has everything to do with Grads to put it simply. The fact is I would rather see some energy on the field.
    I didn’t say grads was the long term answer. What I did say is if Campbell can’t get hyped and ready to play for the season opener of all games, where do you go from there? being a realist Grads may not be our 10 year starter but he is what the Raiders need right now, which is life. You really haven’t answered my question, What excuse can you make for Campbell? It’s understandable to not know some plays but why no energy? I have watched him in Washington and yes he can be half way decent at times but, Is he a leader of men? Can he Inspire? Is he driven? Maybe if he worked in another job his internal motivation or confidence would be fine, it probaly won’t cut it in the NFL. I am a Raider fan and If I were wrong I would immedietly man up and admit where I was wrong. I just see this dragging on and not going anywhere. agree to disagree

• Dude

And then….. and then…..and then…… LMFAO!!!!!

• ArmChair GM

Gannon came to Oakland at the perfect time. He had the right coaches, the right system and the right players to match his skill set.

Having said that, give Gradkowski 3 Pro Bowl offensive linemen (Barrett Robbins, Lincoln Kennedy, Steve Wisniewski) and two HOF caliber Wide Receivers (Tim Brown and Jerry Rice) and I’m sure he would turn alot more heads too.

• Dude

Just Win Baby!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my “MODO”.

• Jmackraider12

dude stop living in the past man…who cares, we are lving in the yr 2010, and we are 1-2…its not wk 13 of the last 5 years and we are 3-9 and tryin to figure out who we are drafting…ur so soft

• priesttj

I just want a QB who’s a quality competent player. I’m not interested in a guy who’s better for bad Olines but can’t play at a high level on a consistent basis. Cause what your telling me is that he’s fleet of foot if nothing else. Campbell is a mobile QB whe he’s comfortable. I wnat the guy wether it’s Boller and no one talks about him. I want a guy solid guy who can lead this team longterm. The Oline will take care of itself get me a QB that i can count on.

• Nnamdi21

Jmackraider12 Says:
    October 1st, 2010 at 10:18 pm

====================

His release ain’t that quick.

The intangible with Grads is he makes players better. More focused and eager to compete.

He blew some key reads and missed some throws that could’ve changed the game last week.

Not surprising.

He missed alot of last year with knee injuries and this off seasons camp with a torn pec.

Hardly worked with the wides at all and suprised it dodn’t show more than it did.

Oakland probably won’t be able to run the ball as well this week end.

Houston’s got the LBs with or with out R.O.Y.d boy.

Grads will likely need to move the ball thru the air WITHOUT his top 2 WRs.

DMC has an opportunity to prove he’s a multiple threat in the beig Leages like he was in college.

If I was Hue Jackson, I’d unleash him.

• Dude

Ummmm……what?? Come on home boy. I know your not a brain surgeon, but for all our sakes, at least READ your posts before hitting submit.

• Jmackraider12

Yeah excellent point by ArmChair…

• djohnnyg

As a long time fan I think it’s cool u guys are predicting Raider win and that u actually believe they’ll win 7 or 8 games this year, but i just don’t see it. I have grown weary of wishing, hoping, and getting excited about the possibility of Oakland becoming something more than just the NFL’s favorite punchline. I’m just tired of all the false hope.

C’mon guys. We don’t even have any receivers. The guys starting are guys that won’t even be able to run proper routes for lack of real game action. There will be no chemistry between Grads and the WR’s and u can only go to Miller so often. Then, it’s on to SanDiego, who we NEVER defeat.

I wish I could believe something different like u guys, but the problem is they actually do have to play the games; and when it comes to that, all the Raiders do is find a way to lose. Sometimes big, sometimes cuz they choke at the end, but the end is always the same.

It pains me to see the Raider Nation, with such loyal fans, have to endure this torture. That being said, I don’t see Oakland winning another game this year.

• HairyBush

That being said, I don’t see Oakland winning another game this year.
    ———————
    on that note, night to all

• Jmackraider12

u just fail to adapt bro, ur under the impression that we are already 5-11, and i dont blame you, weak minded people have a way of doing that from time to time. U just have a loser attitude, let me guess you have never played orginized sports in your life?(obvious lie coming up from dude)..

• Dude

Full ride for football to Eastern Washington University. Nice try though…..

The Raiders arent 5-11…..yet. This is a 5 or 6 win team.

• djohnnyg

The reason I come here anymore is because of some faint hope that I will see something major has happened; such as Al Davis dying, or deciding to hire someone who knows what they are doing that might nake us something resembling a real franchise. I come hoping to see a headline saying “Cable fired! Quality NFL coach hired who vows to rebuild Raiders quickly” Or just ANYTHING that might give me REAL hope that they will actually WIN, and maybe (god forbid) have a respectable record.

I have lost all hope. I’m just venting. I know I’m just talking to myself, but in some weird way it’s cathartic.

• Jmackraider12

nice lie though….i wont though, i was the 4th string qb who held the clipboard in highschool, i wasnt big or fast enough to run the option so there was no spot to play, now i go to temple university and play in a few 7 on 7 full contact leagues as QB. Never had a full ride..saying that this is a 5 to 6 win team is very possible, judging by years past you have all the evidence in the world to prove your point. I on the other hand think this could be a turning point for our team, 1. we have a qb who is better then J-RUSS(all i ask for is a guy who puts in his film work and practices, and we got it) and a solid surrounding cast..im not giving up this early..good nigth fellas, after the 1 win comment i really must leave..nice argument Dude, i expect to read more from you, since im going to sleep i guess you could say you win..good job buddy..

• priesttj

ArmChair I am not interested in providing you or anyone else with an excuse for Campbell. That’s Campbell issue. If he can’t get it done I don’t want him here……….period

I am not Jason Campbell’s Lawyer I’m a Raider loking for a quality QB be it Grads, Campbell or Boller or someone else. That’s my point why do you insist that I defend Campbell?? I didn’t like what is I saw from him that’s all that matters

• Dude

My “lie” is easily proved.

Solis surrounding cast?? Okayyyyyyyyyyy

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

Kind of humorous watching the flaky back and forth.
    When the discussion is what could happen? It’s us, or we.
    When it’s about the bad play? it’s they, or the Raiders.

al davis was asked, back in the early 80′s about “some fans are really upset your moving their team”

al’s reply “it’s not their team, it’s my team”

just in case some of you were wondering

• priesttj

I’m sorry my last post should’ve been directed to Hairybush.

• ArmChair GM

priesttj Says:
    October 1st, 2010 at 10:43 pm

_______________________________________________________

Priest I don’t recall putting you in a position to feel like you have to defend Campbell. All I said was that he was a stand up guy and seemed like a really decent person.

I’m not sure what post of mine you’re referring to.

• ArmChair GM

# priesttj Says:
    October 1st, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I’m sorry my last post should’ve been directed to Hairybush.
    ______________________________________________________

Lol, it’s all good Priest.

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

# priesttj Says:
    October 1st, 2010 at 10:43 pm

===============================
    Probably because you despise Grads?

• raiderzmaverick

We do have a much better team than we had last year. It should(ul) mean more wins, but the game in Arizona shows that even if we have better stats we still will find a way to lose or not take advantage of it.

I mean our offense is 2X better this year practically and our defense is definitely improved.

We SHOULD be able to win 8 games, but there is someone/something in the Organization that actively suppresses the players. And I don’t think it’s Al Davis…it’s someone whispering in his ear. (John Herrera? He came back in the early 80′s with a greater role the teams basically have sucked since except for the Gruden years).

Also, I’ve never seen a team with more key injuries or mistakes than ours. I mean Nmadi is the only one who has been pretty much injury free that is a descent player. Chaz looks good…gets injured. Once Dmac starts playing well….ouch. Gallery finally last year starts playing well….hurt.
    Henderson plays a good game….then can’t play the next. Semour almost always hurt here (but never was in NE). Look at the injury report. Almost always the players who are good that get injured and the ones that suck that stay in.
    Now that Murphy and DHB look descent they both get hurt and are Questionable. So basically our top 3 WRs are injured now. Any other team like that?

• r8rwill

evening nation,
    this campbell/gradkowski discussion still raging, it’s been what almost three weeks??? if i was campbell i wouldn’t want to play until we find a left tackle, because mario is a proven qb killer

• r8rwill

i think we are a few big p;ays and a player away from being very good, but then again i think the same thing every year about this time…one good player on defense and one on offense, schillens maybe? and wimbley ? maybe seymour can pull a reggie white for us. if grads can deliver a couple of bombs that will certainly help but if we are relying on grads to carry us,,,it ain’t going to happen….

• imaquaman

860Todd Christensen Says:
    October 1st, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Ref beating was outlawed in 1970, wife beating is still in use
    ——————————————————–
    the barbie doll toy maker is releasing a new line of barbies its called
    ( spousal abuse barbie …) battery not included

• imaquaman

ok to start with i was born a raider fan ,and ill die a raider fan .having said that ,ill admit i havent been to a raider game since the last game in los angelas on christmas eve ,but only because i live down here ,i know piss poor excuse i admit that also ,i have one more thing to say people in so cal are straight up your either with us or against us ,we dont talk sh t unless your there to respond and that seems like all i read on here there is no pride on this page this is not the raider nation there is nothing but a bunch of posers here im convinced this page is based in denver ,san diego ,or kc,real raider fans dont talk sh t like this not about the raiders anyway ,the first time i found this page i had to go check and make sure this was a raider page you people are not raider fans ,where i come from raider fans are brothers and we are against every one else not our team ,you guys sound like a bunch of band wagon jumpers ,,,am i the only one that sees this…where the hell is the raider nation??????????????

• REBEL-RAIDER

Real Rider fans ALWAYS back there team….LOYALTY

RAIDER-FAN-TILL-DEATH

• sirblitzalot

This game will be won or lost on the first play. We fans are “The 12th Man”, so we have to be in the stadium, in our seats warming up our vocal cords.

Then, assuming we win the toss, the decision TC has to make is:

1) Kick off to them!
    2) Put the game in the defenses hand. (Shut them down 3 and out!)
    3) Raiders fake a h/o to Dmac and while dhb flies down the left sideline beating their incompetent db’s
    4) Jano MAKES the point after
    5) Crowd goes wild (but everybody has got to be there-not just staggering in)
    6) The noise DEEEE FENSE is so loud we can’t even hear Greg Papa and Tom Flores on the Radio.
    7)”False start Texans” 1st and 15 form the 35:
    8) Lamar Houston forces a fumble
    9) Raider get the ball back on the 20
    10) DMAC breaks one, two, three!!! tackles and races into the black hole (where I will be sitting- in the front row 1) directly into our arms and gives me the ball!
    11) GAME OVER RAIDERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Raiders fans MUST ARRIVE EARLY. The defense has to told them to 3 and out.