If healthy, Campbell over Boller

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 at 3:22 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The quarterback pecking order remains the same.

Bruce Gradkowski is No. 1, Jason Campbell No. 2 and Kyle Boller No. 3.

Gradkowski did no throwing during a limited practice session, according to coach Tom Cable, working on handoffs and footwork. Campbell was sore but did some throwing.

If Gradkowski couldn’t play, and Campbell was healthy enough to take the field, he’s start over Boller, Cable said.

Running back Darren McFadden ran a couple of plays at something approximating full speed, according to Cable, and if he can come back without soreness and do it again Thursday, it looks as if he’ll face Denver.

More to come later . . .

• Midwest Fan

1st

• Nnamdi21

Whats wrong with the Raiders?

Something tells me this is going to be a very long series of articles.

Starts with the DTs. Pretty thourough…

• Nnamdi21

I think DMC’s not the only cat they;re looking at tomorrow to see about “soreness”.

I wonder if Campbell’s Meniscus is good to go or if Oakland is n’t putting up the smoke screen so Denver can’t go, “Well, no real QB threat so lets focus on run stopping.”

Just a f’in mess in Oaktown per usual’.

• jano11

10.7 QB rating should get you a 1 game suspension at least!

• Norco Bob

You fans heard the latest rumor?…I actually see this as a real possibility…Majic Johnson sellin off his coffee shops and whatever else, Laker stock,…looking to buy into the Oakland Raiders,…guess where Ervin and Amy would like them to be playing?….yep, youre right. Cue the Randy Newman music…and no, I wont be attending all home games when that happens…guess when they leave I will not be a mini plan season ticket holder for the Warriors, I will just get the entire season plan. Let the Keith Smart era begin!

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

Where the Aho that Tanya Harding used to wack Nancy Kerrigan’s knee

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

After all these “Re-Building years”, the
    Raiders are STILL # 30 in Run Defense, 149 yds per game.

Why don’t things ever get fixed on this team?

Magics Corp is worth $800 mill and personally he has a huge bankroll.

• raiderdeek

KoolKell Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 3:28 pm
    After all these “Re-Building years”, the
    Raiders are STILL # 30 in Run Defense, 149 yds per game.

Why don’t things ever get fixed on this team?
    —————-
    Poor drafting the last 7 years and bad free agent pickups: Moss, Javon Walker and signing Tommy kelly to that crazy contract.

• Norco Bob

Old kell,..why not give up the RE racket…get into sports management?…save the team…not too old for a new career,..most people do several careers in a lifetime,..I think you have what it takes to be a GM,…then you can save the team,..you have my full support,..its alot of hours, but hey, if like yesterday, 14 hours on this blog, you clearly can handle the long hours,…go for it!

• Hot Shot

They should release Campbell he sucks.

• raiderdeek

Sounds like Campbell is starting and the raiders can add to their loss column…unless….o-line doesn’t protect as usual and Campbell gets knocked out of the game…in comes the mobile Boller and a small dose of much needed hope.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Boob

You worry about your booze and pills, and I’ll handle my business.

• JLofty

@ #6. Jeff Gilooly.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

What’s Campbell making this year?

What’s Boller making this year?

• Norco Bob

Heres a brighter side, a way of looking at the remainder of this season,…hope for losses,..wish for a 2-14 year,…the bottom line right now is the Raiders front office benefits from a half empty coliseum, its their main bargaining tool with the JPA for a new stadium, as they will tell the JPA even a crappy team makes money as long as theres a new shiny stadium,..and its actually true, fans will go see a game in the beginning to be a part of a new stadium, so the front office loves the blackouts and such…and maybe, just maybe, a 2-14 might get the changes made you all are wishing for,..I highly doubt it myself, but Iv been wrong before,…so, a 2-14 year wouldnt be so terrible would it, if the changes you are wanting are the result of it?…discuss amongst yourselves.

• Norco Bob

Kell,..you seem interested in those guys salaries,…wouldnt you get offended if people that didnt know you asked about your salary? Come on now, thats their biz, not yours.

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

# Drexl Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 3:35 pm

12:09

[Comment From KoolKellKoolKell: ]
    Jerry, with all the isms, edicts, philosophies of Al Davis etched on Stone Tablets, how can anyone hold the HC accountable for the Raiders performances?
    Tuesday October 19, 2010 12:09 KoolKell

12:09

jerrymac:
    Why even have one then?
    ————-
    In other words, “and your point is”?
    Even Jmac clowns you.

• JLofty

I read two posts that I have to take some excpetion to.
    Raiderdeek, you called Boller mobile? Maybe you Cal fans can set me straight but I don’t really consider Kyle Boller to a “mobile” QB. He may move around in the pocket well (I would hope) but “mobile”? IDK.

RealMaddenRaider stated that all Lance Muffin did was go against Al and that was his only crime. Muffin barely deserves the keystrokes this is going to take but that is WHOLLY untrue. Muffin QUIT on our team. Yes that’s right QUIT. He is a weasly little scum sucker who was only in it for himself. I suspect that may be a character flaw. Case in point #1: Muffin was told by Al that he could not interview for the Alabama or SEC coaching job that opened in November/December of his FIRST year coaching for us. Al informed him he was under contract and couldn’t interview during the NFL season. A legit move by Al. Muffin got his panties all waded up and started tanking. That’s when he began the insubordination routine. Couldn’t even honor his first year contract. of course Saban or whoever got the job by the time season was over and Muffin went over the edge. Case in point #2. See Univ of Tenn.
    That’s why that little pimple gets my wrath.

• Norco Bob

Look like The Joo York Yankees takin it to game 6,..I hope they win the series, because Im goin to the world series if the Giants make it!…I swear though, those primo seats in Yankee stadium,..clearly reserved for a certain people,..Jesse Jackson is dead on with what he calls Joo York City. Word.

• Norco Bob

Drexl, I have emailds sent to me from Jerry Mac,…and Becker,..actual emails that old kell sent them,…talk about sad,..Jerry actually wonders whats wrong with old kell,…when he found out hes pushing 60 years old,..he was shocked,..thought he was a kid.

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

# Norco Bob Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 3:48 pm

———————
    Not surprising. Sad and kinda creepy, but not surprising.

• Norco Bob

Jerry is troubled by the drunken old kell posts here, when he turns into this nasty, bitter old man,..Jerrys worried about old kell,..thinks hes crazy.

• http://Noknuckleheads! 909RaiderLifer

THEY GOT TO PUT BOILER IN THERE!

• Norco Bob

Creepy is what old kell is, people at the cc times think so as well, and are keeping their eyes on him,..stupid old fool, made huge mistake,..posted his pic and personal info on a blog, if you can imagine that,..so they know where he can be found,..theyve already called his office, more then once.

• Norco Bob

When I pop in here,..Kell trips, like hes doing now,..either that or hes closing a house deal,..lmao.

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

# 909RaiderLifer Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

THEY GOT TO PUT BOILER IN THERE!
    —————-
    The coaching staff does not agree. I am sure RMR will blame it on “meddling”.
    I would like to see Boller myself. Hopefully Cable pulls JC if he is unproductive first drive.

• Norco Bob

Anyway, its safe for you to return old kell,..I am outta here for the night,..and you will be here for the night,…be careful dude,..Jerry has security watching your posts. Therapy old kell, look into it.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Doofus Boob……never mind.

• El Gato Negro

So where are the links to rumors of Magic buying a share in the Raiders?

• elvesandplums168

are u f-ing serios, campbell again? Dammit Al

• http://Noknuckleheads! 909RaiderLifer

Scuttlebutt here in SO-CAL is that Magic Johnson MIGHT be getting a bunch of $$ together, to take a run at buying the Dohyers from that carpetbagger McCourt…

Although he is tight with that Leywikke (sp?) dude, who wants to build a football stadium next to Staples Center….

• TerrapinRaider

Boller must not be showing enough in practice to win over Campbell. Some have said in here that he’s not that accurate.

Campbell displayed among the worst QB’g I’ve seen with that helmet on. I don’t think he can change the fact that he holds the ball too long. It seems engrained in him.

Expect another week of Hue trying to run it down their throats just to get by with JC.

Sadly this season may mark the beginning of the end for JC career in the NFL. He may never see the starting lineup again barring injury.

• waklaboo

KoolKell Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 3:28 pm
    After all these “Re-Building years”, the
    Raiders are STILL # 30 in Run Defense, 149 yds per game.

Why don’t things ever get fixed on this team?
    ===================================================
    Maybe the climate at 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway is not conducive to the team’s health

• djohnnyg

As fans I think we might be asking too much. At the beginning of the season the main I wanted more than anything was to at least beat SD ONE TIME and end that ridiculous streak. Mission accomplished. I should probably just be content with that, butn that SF game really ticked me off; the lack of effort, the stuff NEVER getting fixed, such as the run D.

I’m trying to gain a new perspective on this.

Hey, at least we beat the Chargers once.

• http://Noknuckleheads! 909RaiderLifer

Cable better not wait til halftime to yank Campbell if he’s not getting it done..

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

TerrapinRaider Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

———————————
    How about the end of Al Davis’ career, which would be much more pertinent to the Raiders W-L record?

• The Big Banana

Campbell is still ahead of Boller? LOL! 2-5, here we come. What a joke.

• TerrapinRaider

I wouldn’t blame the run defense or any other part of the team vs SF. It was all on the damn QB – who played some of the worst ball I’ve seen in a while.

Maybe you can blame the coaches for not pulling him. That critcism is warranted but I can understand why they didn’t.

If it was a different that game would have been in the bag by 3Q for sure.

• Autumn Rising

JC is afraid to throw it to the receivers, stares down the one guy he’s throwing it to regardless of coverage, lethargic, innacurate and had a LOWER QB RATING THAN JR EVER HAD. That game was painful to watch, but I couldnt help thinking that at least all this Campbell talk cant possibly continue. We got lucky in sd, if Miller wouldnt have made an extra 10 yards on the five yard dump on 3 and 15 or no fumble and a SD fg we would be 0-6! Because if Bruce wasnt put in the Rams game we would have lost, no question. It’s a joke

• djohnnyg

81 years old. An 81 yr. old man is the acting GM of a modern day pro football franchise. Think about that.

Why is this even allowed? He could very well have beginning stage Alzheimers for all we know and he’d still be allowed control of the team. How many 81 yr. olds do you know are functional enough to even do their day to day activities?

I loved Al for what he was. If he cared about his legacy shouldn’t he be doing something to win football games? Does he even care anymore? This losing stuff doesn’t help his legacy.

• JLofty

Really? An injured Campbell over Boller? Not like Boller is some undrafted walk-on scrub. Kid had legit creds coming outta college. Has an NFL arm. Has started some games in the NFL. I admit I don’t have much of an idea if he can be effective and I was drunk by the time the kid got into the pre-season games but it seemed like he was performing in them. I thought he looked pretty good in PS albeit against scrubs and castoffs.
    So we have to see which Campbell is going to show up agasint the Donkeys? The second half of Chargirl game Jason or the Titans/Rams/9Ball game Jason?
    At least the Donkey D isn’t very good. And is injured I think. Dang.

• JLofty

Djohhnyg, I don’t mean to be disagreeable but technically its an 81 yo man who is in extremely POOR health.

• jmcclain

Why is everyone hating on huff and branch there leading the team in tackles.

• Pingback: Jason Campbell (knee) will start if healthy » Feed Me Fantasy

• Dub77

The caption under the picture of Campbell made me lmao. Props to Noon or who ever.

• Pingback: Football Fan Site » Cable reveals Raiders’ QB plan

• montanaraidersfan

Jason Campbell is a classy guy, a very good athlete, and was in a respectable college program. Unfortunately, he isn’t the kind of leader that can bring his team to a higher level of play…Re-sign Colt Brennan– he’s the kind of leader this team needs.

• Pingback: The Season Tickets Network » Blog Archive » Cable reveals Raiders’ QB plan