PFT: Murphy has bruised lung

Profootballtalk.com reports wide receiver Louis Murphy will miss the Seahawks game with a bruised lung.

The item did not cite a source.

When Raiders coach Tom Cable spoke to the Bay Area media Monday, he said he didn’t know exactly what was wrong with Murphy, saying it was “something going on in the chest area, looks to be a like a contusion, but how severe it is and how much it limits him is really the question.”

Murphy collided with teammate Marcel Reece along the sideline. Murphy leads Raiders wide receivers with 21 receptions for 337 yards but has just five receptions over his last three games since sustaining a clavicle injury.

Cable indicated that rookie Jacoby Ford would likely have an increased role if Murphy were injured.

“I’m excited about being able to count on him and where he can help this team now,” Cable said. “I think his role can expand and is certainly ready to.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Jimbo

Any update on all the concussions? They seem to be contagious. Satele still have fish eyes?

• Jmackraider12

Our team we have now is a direct example of a bunch of FAST BIG PLAYERS lol, guys you would draft first in madden, only our team is good…

• 100PercentRaider

Dez Bryant won me my fatnasy game this week, 2nd straight week I won in the 4th quarter of MNF lol

Jimbo, start BMW!

if you do, he is sure to do nothing

for this reason I am starting Seattle’s defense in one of my leagues. I’m willing to take a goose egg there for a Raider win!

*********

take one for the team, eh? I think I’ll do it!

I didn’t get the MM head-up against Tebow last Sunday, but maybe I get to see MM smash Hines Ward.

***

MM34 better just stay away from Hines until he hands the ball in his hands…

Ward is a dirty player and if Mitch lights him up on a running play on something, he could find himself done for the season when the whistle blows that Sunday

• Jmackraider12

WHO HERE PLAYS MADDEN 10 for ps3!!!! And what is your call name..

aig-raiders Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:04 pm
    Jimbo,

Al was thinking the 40x time. Hakeem did not have the 40x time Al needed.

********

Looking back on this draft, would even Al admit it was a mistake? Nicks, Maclin, Crabtree all >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DHB

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

JerryMac is waiting to see who practices. I hope they beat the Steelers. It’s a lot easier being cold on Nov 21st in the stands when winning than being cold losing.

• DMAC

Sorry,
    I play 11 on 360

• Jmackraider12

lol 11 is what i meant sorry fellas

100PercentRaider Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^

I went into MNF with 29 points, trailing by 60 points, and the other guy has the Giants kicker. Figure I am sunk. But I ended up winning 104-102. I had Nicks, Eli, and Bradshaw. It’s fun to win like that when you dont have much hope to begin with.

• LA to TheBay

Funny thing about Madden is I typically do build a great Al Davis type team.

They’re almost always fast as hell (this year a bit different cuz I’m only in season 1), can usually bring heat with just 4 guys and an occasional well-timed blitz.

Play a lot more zone blitz this year due to personel but traditionally get the best DBs in the game and go man 60-75%.

Usually big armed gunslinger QB. Again, a bit different this year with the availability of Matt Schaub (Houston got Campbell in the deal and are like 1-10, lol).

Schaub is just deadly accurate and I can do a lot of different things in the pass game.

Jamaal Charles and Brian Westbrook tear it up outta the backfield. Next year, need a more evry-down back though.

Charles is good for big chunks but can’t go against a tough stacked up D 20-30 times.

• Jimbo

40x is overrated. Give me a WR with hands.

Not “manos de piedra” DHB.

• LA to TheBay

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:07 pm

***

MM34 better just stay away from Hines until he hands the ball in his hands…

Funny you mention, you remember what he did to Johnson in that game last year?

Grabbed him by the facemask and twisted him so that he could get a step and catch a TD.

• LA to TheBay

Hines is dirty, but veteran dirty. I like it. Wish we had it.

• Jimbo

I love Hines Ward, I wish we had a WR like him, or maybe someone can grow a pair.

• LA to TheBay

Jimbo Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:14 pm
    —————–

I see Louis Murphy being that kind of player one day.

• Jimbo

oof. I got post 666. Better go to confession.

• LA to TheBay

I’ll see you guys later in the PM sesh.

—————–

I see Louis Murphy being that kind of player one day.

________

I don’t think he’s got that in him. He’s a religious guy. Nice guy. You gotta have some street in you to be like Hines.

Later LA to Bay

• Jmackraider12

# LA to TheBay Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Jimbo Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:14 pm
    —————–

I see Louis Murphy being that kind of player one day.
    ——————————————
    Exact thing i thought about murphy lol

• LA to TheBay

Jimbo Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:17 pm
    —————–

I see Louis Murphy being that kind of player one day.

________

===============================
    I disagree completely. I know he’s religious, but that don’t mean much. I always see him jawing and he’s very animated. Plays with some fire.

We’ll see.

• LA to TheBay

peace

We’ll see.

^^^^^^^
    I hope you are right and I am wrong.

• DMAC

# LA to TheBay Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Jimbo Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:17 pm
    —————–

I see Louis Murphy being that kind of player one day.

________

===============================

We’ll see.
    =============
    Yeah, I’ve seen Murph plenty of times talking schit to DB’s.

• Jimbo

I’d just like to see Murph healthy again. We really need him.

What is Madden 11?

• Bauce 4 Real

DMAC!

• Bauce 4 Real

Jimbo we need DHB to play like an NFL WR

• inonewordraider

Maybe we cost Josh Mcdaniels his job!

• Jimbo

Cable told Jerry that they stopped running screens cuz teams were onto him. Why should that matter? They can’t always guess a screen. I dont get Cable’s answer….

• aig-raiders

Jimbo,

PFT did an analysis prior to the 2009 draft on DHB vs Nicks. I went and youtubed Nicks and the guy just lit up his league. He was a man among boys out there. He is the only other player with a 4XL glove beside TO.

Al should have drafted Oher. Oher, Mitchell, Shonasty, and Murphy would have been an awesome draft.

• Bauce 4 Real

AIG…….maybe so but 09 draft is way gone now

• Jmackraider12

DHB is at a cross roads rite now fellas, im afraid he may be beat, murphy is twice the player he is, another thing, murphy does jaw, like ward, the big differance between the two is that Murphy is twice as fast as ward ever was in his career lol, all of our recievers are, including schilenz, 6,4 and runs a 4.38 forty lol

Bauce 4 Real Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:23 pm
    Jimbo we need DHB to play like an NFL WR

***********

Bauce,

DHB has hands of stone, and catching instincts worse than my 8 year old daughter. He will never pan out as a viable WR. Throw him off the team! Wasted pick, wasted roster spot. Pay him to go away. I can’t take it anymore. My tolerance for ineptitude grew thin with the Jazizzurp days.

• Jmackraider12

# Bauce 4 Real Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:27 pm

AIG…….maybe so but 09 draft is way gone now
    ———————————————-
    agreed

aig-raiders Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm
    Jimbo,

************

I agree with Oher. I’ll admit that I wanted Raji. But Nicks is going to end up being the pick of the 09 draft. Just anyone but DHB!

• aig-raiders

Bauce,

I hear ya man. You right. Time to move on. BTW, if we can split the next 2, we can be in a real good position to do some damage after the bye and getting a bunch of healthy players back.

Same thing I feel about Condo, Jimbo.

aig-raiders Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 12:29 pm
    Bauce,

*********

We need to be 5-4 at the bye. Even Jerry says don’t talk till we get to 5-4.

I agree.

Al should have drafted

***

AIG, the draft is always hit or miss bro

nobody strikes gold with each pick, every year

the teams that generally do well are the ones that plug holes and plan ahead. that way by the time somebody retires or their contract is up a player has 1-3 years to develop before being thrown to the wolves

not very often a rookie comes in and takes the league by storm, especially a Top 15 pick that goes to an awful football team

• 100PercentRaider

Jimbo, what you are saying right now sounds very similar to what people were saying about DMC about this time last year. I have yet to see DHB drop a pass this year, he just hasnt been thrown to enough. the kid works his @ss off, and we havent seen the results yet, but a kid with that much talent and desire is way too young to write off right now. For now, they should try and get him some quick passes, hitches, outs, screens, etc, so he can run with the ball. DBs have to give him space cuz of his speed so those routes should be there

• Jmackraider12

been watching it all day lol

• 100PercentRaider

Pretty funny, on DMCs screen td, Satele completely whiffs on the goal line but DMC trucks the guy anyways haha

• Pingback: The Season Tickets Network » Blog Archive » Darren McFadden honored by AFC

• Pingback: Snow Shovels

• Pingback: quang cao tren google

• Pingback: chemotherapy cancer

• Pingback: Tigarete-Electronice.eu - Tigari electronice, Tigara electronica, Accesorii tigari electronice, Consumabile tigari electronice, Ploiesti