PFT: Murphy has bruised lung

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 at 3:32 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Profootballtalk.com reports wide receiver Louis Murphy will miss the Seahawks game with a bruised lung.

The item did not cite a source.

When Raiders coach Tom Cable spoke to the Bay Area media Monday, he said he didn’t know exactly what was wrong with Murphy, saying it was “something going on in the chest area, looks to be a like a contusion, but how severe it is and how much it limits him is really the question.”

Murphy collided with teammate Marcel Reece along the sideline. Murphy leads Raiders wide receivers with 21 receptions for 337 yards but has just five receptions over his last three games since sustaining a clavicle injury.

Cable indicated that rookie Jacoby Ford would likely have an increased role if Murphy were injured.

“I’m excited about being able to count on him and where he can help this team now,” Cable said. “I think his role can expand and is certainly ready to.”

• DMAC

# 100PercentRaider Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:21 am

DMAC Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:19 am
    Keep Huff and move him to corner.
    ========================================
    the only problem would be having hiram eugene back at safety again, mm34 cant play deep yet that would be ugly
    ===========
    Bring in a veteran like Darren Sharper to play FS.

Michael Huff is WAY better than 35 year old Darren Sharper!

• DMAC

Who creates turnovers?
    Huff or Sharper?

Who creates turnovers?

***

who has a bum knee and plans to retire in the offseason?

• DMAC

The old man can still ball. Look at N O. They’ve really missed him.

• DMAC

I’ll answer your question, when you answer mines.
    hahahaha

The old man can still ball. Look at N O. They’ve really missed him.

***

Brees isn’t as hungry as he was last year.

they’ve really missed Pierre Thomas & Reggie Bush in that backfield too!

• DMAC

true dat

• aig-raiders

——————————-

These guys are talking Raider ball right now. I like this better than knbr.

Good Afternoon Nation…

DHB = Roberto Duran

“Manos de Piedra”

• Jimbo

I don’t wanna get all pschyed up for this game, and there be a letdown from last week.

Cable afterwards, “we probably shouldn’t have had a ‘victory monday’”

Ya think?

• Jimbo

I really think that given Grads will sit this week, they rest him through the bye week.

Then, we get Grad ready for the team he owns, the Steelers and we get a surprise welcome back to Mr. Chaz Shilens!

• Jimbo

Maybe by the week after the bye, if they rest Murphy too….a healthy WR corp of Murphy and Chaz, with some Ford at slot, and send DHB to work with the practice squad DB’s. He can be a nickel safety maybe.

• Jmackraider12

Interesting, Veldeer playing guard in some of thoughs unbalanced line formations…watching the replay of our game, sometimes 7 lineman on the field..lol.. people hate on cable for being a line coach and not exaclty having a great line. In my opinion our line has vastly improved. And i do think Cable is doing good trying to make what we have in our line better than it is….Cable is growing on me lol

• Jimbo

Yeah, I like the break from the zone blocking to the power blocking and unbalanced lines. Z. Miller can hold his own as a tackle when called on.

Jimbo,

Grads, Murph, Henderson & Goethel can all keep the bench warm until after the bye imo

we have proven we can win games without them, but how much stronger & deeper would this team be against GOOD teams like Miami & Pittsburgh ???

send DHB to work with the practice squad DB’s. He can be a nickel safety maybe

***

Heyward-Bey can’t be much worse than Tyvon Branch this year!

FS Huff
    SS Mitch
    3rd safety = Stevie Brown or Hiram Eugene

dime package = DHB playing centerfield using that 4.3 speed to run down the football and let it clank off his chest

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:42 am
    Jimbo,

*************

You got that right RRS,

We need to exploit the healthy talent we have now. The guys that are banged up, rest em and be full strength for Mia and Pit. Those 2 games are going to be key if we want to go to the postseason or just be another spoiler.

• Jmackraider12

we actually ran alot of zone cutbacks on denver, most of our big plays came from zone blocking, but mixing it with that power blocking and unbalanced line is very very effective, its like what Cam Cameron did in baltimore when he landed there, i think HJACK’s philosophy has alot in common with cams, i like that, and as an offense we are only scratching the surface of what we can do…IMO

^^^^^^^^^^

LMAO!

Z. Miller can hold his own as a tackle when called on

***

I thought so too!

my man Jhill said he can’t block AS A TIGHT END all offseason

2 points for RRS :P

• Jimbo

Imagine a healthy Gradkowski starting with a healthy Chaz and Murphy coming out of the bye ready to pound the Steelers….I think we will pound them!

I think we will pound them!

***

we beat them the last 2 times, with a much worse team 8)

• aig-raiders

Jimbo,

Add a healthy John Henderson into that group as well.

• Jimbo

Is Nnamdi gonna lock in on Mike Williams?

I have Mike Williams on my fantasy squad, and I guess I could sub him out for Dez Bryant. What do ya think RRS?

aig-raiders Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:49 am
    Jimbo,

Add a healthy John Henderson into that group as well.

^^^^^^

true that AIG,

We need him to stuff Mendenhall.

• Jmackraider12

im pissed we gota play them in Pitt again, lol, we neeed to go 5-4 into the bye boys, this team at 5-4 going into the bye would be a dangerous thing lol, whup sum a$$

• LA to TheBay

I traded for Sidney Rice in Madden. Him and Matt Schaub are the best QB-WR duo in the league.

Al should hire me as GM on the strength of my dominance over the whole block.

Cuz Madden’s just like real life.

Right?

• Jimbo

Except Sidney Rice is like southern BBQ. Meat just falling off the legbone.

• LA to TheBay

Where’s the fix, Jerry? The locals are getting restless.

• LA to TheBay

according to madden, rice doesn’t have raider speed. sorry guys

Jerry is gonna let this go past 1000 I bet

• Jmackraider12

Al davis is basically one of us on a franchise mode that lasts maaaaad long hahah, good for him though, he has the job of a lifetime, hes living the life every raider fan dreams of.

• LA to TheBay

Jmackraider12 Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:53 am

—————-

Problem is, Al’s still playing Madden 82.

Jmackraider12 Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:53 am

^^^^^^^^^

I don’t know about you, but if I could be an old dude and have lived that dude’s life over, I would want to be Hugh Hefner.

• DMAC

# LA to TheBay Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:55 am

Jmackraider12 Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:53 am

—————-

Problem is, Al’s still playing Madden 82.
    =============
    BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

• Jimbo

I’m not that worried about Pittsburgh. I think we smash them. But I am worried about losing to a lesser team. This team has to learn to keep the intensity level as high as it was in Denver.

• Jmackraider12

So guys lets go around and talk RAIDER FRANCHISES IN MADDEN!!
    1. Whats the longest raider franchise in madden you have ever had?
    2. What kind of Offense did you run.
    3. Who was your Big Time Players Etc….
    Im currently on the off season of my 4th year with madden 2010, i put accelerators and bonus packages on Campbell and the whole O-line the first year and their ratings went sky high… I run kind of like a spread all the time with Bush and DMAC always in the Back field or motioned out to wide,(they are the best to weapons on the team, and Miller)
    DHB is a 92, Murphy is a 90, and schilenz is a 89..(hint in my 2nd year i threw bombs to DHB all year with an accelorator on his rating, he went to a 88 in that year alone….

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Now we are going to smash Pittsburgh?

Don’t go off the deep end on me Jimbo!

• LA to TheBay

Although I will give Al credit. The 09 squad could have won a lot more games and this team should be 4-3 minimum.

But, like Cable said we gotta live in reality right?

Which reminds me, gotta go play Madden. D’Brickeshaw and Nicks hold down the line pretty well for Schaub and Alex Mack blows open a lotta holes up the middle for Jamaal Charles.

Oh and DHB is a beast. Keith Bullock makes a great SS, too.

• DMAC

I didn’t get the MM head-up against Tebow last Sunday, but maybe I get to see MM smash Hines Ward.

• Jimbo

Campbell really had little pressure and Denver secondary was pathetic and eventually they all just gave up. Do you think he has improved in his timing or did he just get lucky on Sunday?

If Grads were healthy, I’d push Campbell to the curb in 2 seconds.

• Jmackraider12

# DMAC Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:57 am

# LA to TheBay Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:55 am

Jmackraider12 Says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 11:53 am

—————-

Problem is, Al’s still playing Madden 82.
    =============
    BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!
    —————————
    lol common man…Al does what we all do in madden, when in doubt draft the player with the best forty, lol, Cant hate on al anymore man, the team is intact bro..the team is indeed intact, more talented then i thought originaly this year, so much damn talent

• Jimbo

We could have taken Hakeem Nicks over DHB….think about that?

Dude is a stud, maybe the top WR now. Size 4XL hands. You watch him and he dominates helpless DB’s.

wtf was Al thinking?

• Jimbo

Speed and size are great for Madden, but doesn’t translate to the real game.

• Jmackraider12

Also, the playcalling against denver was perfect..with campbell its all about playcalling, and i think if he continues to get game reps with our offense and JACKSON starts to design the offense around his stregths, he will be our starter, if he keeps winning i see no reason to put grads back in..

• DMAC

If Al wanted that vertical threat w/ speed, he should of just went w/ Maclin. A safer pick.

***

Jimbo, start BMW!

if you do, he is sure to do nothing :P

for this reason I am starting Seattle’s defense in one of my leagues. I’m willing to take a goose egg there for a Raider win!

• LA to TheBay

Jmack.

I always bolster the O Line as priority one. Never have used acceplerators. Would probably make life easier. Always have to wheel and deal that first year.

Varied passing attack with a good pass-catching RB and stretch-the-field speedsters and one solid possesion guy. I like the Saints playbook.

Defense I’m usually a 3-4 or multiple D, although this year in Madden, I’ve got Henderson and Seymour at DT (87 and 98 ovr, respectively) and Wimbley is a 94 DE and traded shaughnessy straight up for Dumerville, who is a 99 DE (Denver couldn’t wait to get rid of him).

Run a 4-3. LBs still need another year to bulk up but OJ Atogwe at FS and a converted Keith Bullock at SS make up for that a bit.

• aig-raiders

Jimbo,

Al was thinking the 40x time. Hakeem did not have the 40x time Al needed.