Status quo on injuries

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, October 29th, 2010 at 10:55 am in Oakland Raiders.

No surprises as the Raiders finished warmups, drills and a special teams session Friday in preparation for the Seattle Seahawks, with Bruce Gradkowski doing some light throwing but nothing that would indicate he would be able to resume his role as the starting quarterback.

Cornerback Chris Johnson, who hadn’t been cleared Thursday from a concussion, was on the field, as he was the previous day, when he ended up not practicing.

The only three absences were defensive tackle John Henderson (stress fracture), and wide receivers Louis Murphy (lung contusion) and Chaz Schilens (knee).

More to come later . . .

Is that dude Kerney still playing?

***

Nope. Missouri’s own Grant Wistrom is though!

• DKnight007

Kirk Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 10:48 am
    People who demonized the workers are idiots.

It was the bankers on Wall Street that created a $517 TRILLION DOLLAR derivative bubble that destroyed our economy. It was a ponzi scheme.

Warren Buffett was the only one that warned the world about the derivatives.

^^^^^^^^
    Exactly!

• DMAC

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Is that dude Kerney still playing?

***

Nope. Missouri’s own Grant Wistrom is though!
    ========
    Who?????

• Jimbo

DMAC Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:03 pm
    # HairyBush Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:00 pm

aig-raiders Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 11:57 am
    Nnamdi will get tested against Williams this week. He will not be able to man handle him like other WR’s. This is like Vincent Jackson vs Nnamdi. The key is will Hassleback be like Rivers and throw it on the back shoulder and allow Williams to duke it out with Nnamdi.
    ————–
    your funny! Mike Williams is not getting jack tis weekend! (not against Nnamdi anyway!)
    ===========
    Williams is no Jackson.
    Hassleback is no Rivers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree that Hasselbeck is no Rivers and BMW is no VJAX, but what has me worried is BMW has the body of a TE, and TE’s (elite TE’s) have been Nnamdi’s kryptonite.

• DKnight007

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 11:58 am
    I broke my hand punching the wall when I seen we picked up DHB…. I wanted Orakpo…Note to self when you punch walls make sure you dont hit a solid wood beam

^^^^^^^^
    That’s why punching walls is not a wise move.

Lesson learned I hope.

• bcz24

not sure, any recommendations?
    ****
    Not too familiar with the Greater Buffalo area, I live in Rochester and work in Batavia (small “city” between Roch and Buf). The suburbs surrounding Rochester are pretty nice. There are a bunch of different demographics to choose from. Batavia is nice to live in if you are going to be a farmer… or manage a swimming pool distribution warehouse. LOL

• DMAC

Looks like a Kerney clone.

Batavia is nice to live in if you are going to be a farmer

***

BCZ, you live in New York’s version of Podunk?

Yodunk?

• HairyBush

bcz24 Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:10 pm
    not sure, any recommendations?
    ****
    ————————–
    thanx for the info

• HairyBush

Rockstar, do any hunting lately?

• HairyBush

Big Shocker:

Bruce Gradkowski (shoulder) did very light work in Raiders practice Friday and is not expected to start in Week 8.

It’ll be Jason Campbell again. Gradkowski is progressing slowly, and the Raiders may wait until after their Week 10 bye to push him back into action. It could all depend on Campbell’s perormance Sunday against the Seahawks.
    Source: Oakland Tribune

• Jimbo

MikieG Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 11:56 am
    McFadden’s 2 years of injury are not = to Chaz’s IMO. DMC got hurt in GAMES, Chaz’s have all been playing tiddlywinks on the practice field….
    Anyway, I realize that Chaz is getting paid peanuts, but Drex is right, even the Cable guy is like WTF with this guy. I played the game, I know what its like to be hurt, (and be behind a terrible Oline) but don’t think for a second that some of these coaches aren’t about sick to death of the Chaz saga. Everyone is putting it all on the line and this whimp is breathing through his gills..
    @post 46, I honestly wanted to blow my brains out when I saw that we picked DHB…I, like many of you, just stared at the TV in disbelief, then went to my safe to stare at my Beretta…

************

LMAO. I remember just relaxing in my pool and then ESPN panned over to DHB with his family and he’s smiling with a Raider baseball cap, and I’m thinking, “No! No! No!, Bassstaad…AL!” and I realized I was speaking this out loud within earshot of my kids. Ruined my entire weekend.

do any hunting lately?

***

funny you mention that. just bought turkey tags today on my lunch break!

going out in the morning…just until 8 or 9am though

gotta help my brother n law cut down some trees and clear out some brush down my his cabin on the river

might go fish giggin tomorrow night if the water is still clear. TONS of suckers down there

• aig-raiders

Agreed Jimbo. That was my whole point. Williams is no push over.

Hey on another note, a big congratulations to Anthony Graves today. Was on deathrow in Tx for 18 yrs and a free man today. A good read for some of you. I would never live in Tx.

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:17 pm
    do any hunting lately?

***

funny you mention that. just bought turkey tags today on my lunch break!

going out in the morning…just until 8 or 9am though

——————
    Im going out for pheasent tomorrow, and Just finished cooking a boat load of venison.

LOL @ Jimbo!

did you ever go to church as a kid?

there was this song I remember:

Oh, be careful little ears, what you hear (repeat) For the Father Up above, Is looking down in love, So be careful little ears what you hear …

Just finished cooking a boat load of venison.

HB = bow hunter?

• HairyBush

———————————
    What kind of cabin? Very basic or more?

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:20 pm
    Just finished cooking a boat load of venison.

HB = bow hunter?
    ———————
    not yet, still just do shotgun. I did just get a bow, so hopefully in upcoming years I can get out. My uncle was kind enough to bring me about 20# of meat.

HB,

basic cabin. we’re going to build an addition onto it, adding a room, another window, wood burning stove and a deck going all the way around it.

I wish he would extend it down to the river so we could fish off of it like a dock! beyond his budget I guess

first things first though. electricity & septic!

• PurpleDrank81

Send me some venison HB… Bow Hunting is too fun… You feel real good when you use a bow…… I still like to spot and stalk with my bow as I do with my rifle but it’s way harder than using a tree stand

My uncle was kind enough to bring me about 20# of meat.

what ???

I need an uncle like that!

already cut up in freezer paper too I imagine … lucky dog

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:24 pm
    HB,

first things first though. electricity & septic!
    —————————-
    that is definetly cool, one day I hope to have the same or even my house right on the water with lots of huntable land!

• J Hill

Wassup Dell!

• HairyBush

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:25 pm
    ————————
    come on by, just made chili, stew and going to marinate and grill up some steaks! I like any hunting that your not in a tree stand, it is very succsesful but uncomfortable as all he11!

me too!

my inlaws offered us 5 acres and theres an awesome bluff, but thats not on the river – up about 150 yards

we’re in no position to build a house right now though with a little baby on the way. If I ever get laid off (God forbid) I may just try to build it myself

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:25 pm
    My uncle was kind enough to bring me about 20# of meat.

what ???

I need an uncle like that!

already cut up in freezer paper too I imagine … lucky dog
    ——————-
    It was definetley nice of him, I know from experience what a job it is breaking a deer down and packaging it.

• aig-raiders

Jerrymcd Jerry McDonald
    Went on Seattle radio and picked Raiders 23-17 . . . probably bad news for Raiders fans because last week I had 30-17 Broncos in Denver Post

• Jimbo

I looked up the stats for Nnamdi. He’s defended just 4 passes all year. That seems low.

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

me too!

———————
    I think the only reason my wife and I aren’t already on the water in the boonies is because of my 2 year old daughter.

AIG,

fix your FF team yet?

• HairyBush

good afternoon to all, later!

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

JaMarcus will not be indicted per PFT.

• J Hill

499.new englandraider Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 10:09 am

MM34 getting a lot of love all of a sudden..

please guys, don’t turn into myopic, front running, bandwagon fans, like I have to deal with here in Mass.

537.new englandraider Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am

RRs no more 34=36 please. LOl

My point was taken the wrong way.

My point was more of an insult towards the NE fans than anything else.

new englandraider Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am

Like I said, you took my post the wrong way.. Perhaps I am guilty of wording it improperly.

——————————————————-

NE,

Really sitting here shaking my head at you mayne.

So I misconstrued your post?

I guess RRS did too, huh?

Now when YOU sit here and say YOU may be guilty of wording things improperly, how can you really question comprehension?

I mean really mayne. Take a step back and relax. If your attempts at humor need to as you say, be reworded, then maybe ….

Ahhhh, nevermind.

• bcz24

BCZ, you live in New York’s version of Podunk?
    ***
    Nah I commute about 40 miles to Batavia, I live on the beach in Rochester (believe me that sounds wayyyyy better than it is. Lake Ontarios beach is hardly enviable, especially in January)

• aig-raiders

RRS,

My team is fixed except for the qb positions. The starting guys are gone again. They even took Troy Smith from me….bunch of effinmfkers……There is no starting QB available right now and for the past week. I got Tebow starting and will start Kyle Boller (in the event they yank JC).

• bcz24

Jimbo Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:31 pm
    ****
    Thats probably 40% of the passes thrown his way, tell me another corner deflecting 40%

My team is fixed except for the qb positions.

AIG, thanks bro

anybody you could trade with for a QB?

it’s a QB driven league…

• bcz24

aig-raiders Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:37 pm
    RRS,

Ill trade you orton for a RB if you have one thats worthy

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

The real question is how many lining up in the neutral zone infractions will Seymore get, and how many false starts will JV get.

• aig-raiders

BC,

Go ahead and look at my roster of RB’s. You can have any of them for Orton.

RRS,
    Can you please not put 2 QB’s as starters in the future? These effin guys are hoarding QB’s. You darn sandbaggers!!!!!!

BCZ,

so you live on the beach, run your own successful business and you’ve got one of the Top 3 teams in every FF league you’re in?

woohoo. you’re the man!

now if you tell me that your wife looks like Scarlett Johansson I might not beleive you. LOL

• PurpleDrank81

MY TRUE LOVE’S
    RAIDERS,WARRIORS,HUNTING AND MIDGETS

• aig-raiders

there are alot of MM34 fans on here when he was drafted. We just dont talk much about him because we want to see him prove himself. I was one of the ones that predicted he’d be drafted int he 2nd round on youtube and am still waiting for him to prove himself. The only concern I have noticed is after he makes a play he runs out to pump himself up and usually dont run toward his teammates. I am trying to figure out if his attitude was the reason why the coaches wanted him cut.

• new englandraider

For someone who wanted to “let it go” You’re certainly having a problem letting it go

Ill trade you orton for a RB if you have one thats worthy

BCZ, I know you’re in Dell’s league

are you in my league too?

Marley is in both …

• aig-raiders

new englandraider Says:
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:44 pm

—————-

dude, he had the same problem with me too on JaJason Campbell. Kept on saying “move on” but refused to move on.

• new englandraider

I that the post where I called everyone a bandwagon fan?