By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, November 1st, 2010 at 2:31 pm in Oakland Raiders.
A few items from coach Tom Cable’s press briefing Monday:
– Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is undergoing tests to determine the severity of his sprained right ankle. Cable reiterated there was no fracture. He said it’s yet to be determined with hit’s a “rollover” ankle sprain or a high sprain, the latter of which usually takes longer to heal.
He said it is too early to rule Asomugha out for the Chiefs game and more would be known in 48 hours.
– Tight end Zach Miller’s foot problem is no different than it was last week. Miller is on crutches as a precautionary measure.
– Center Samson Satele has a sore knee and Darrius Heward-Bey a shoulder problem, although neither injury is considered serious.
– Surprisingly, Cable did not immediately reject the notion of bringing in wide receiver Randy Moss, waived by Minnesota Monday. He said he had just learned about the release, that a lot of things would have to happen with regard to waivers, and that it’s always worth considering a move that could make the team better.
– Cable, without addressing the blackout issue, said he hoped fans would come out and support the Raiders against the Chiefs, giving them the kind of advantage the Chiefs enjoy at Arrowhead Stadium.
More to come later . . .