Gradkowski encouraged by progress

While Jason Campbell was at the podium talking to the some of the assembled media Wednesday, Bruce Gradkowski said at his locker he was encouraged by his improvement and was hoping to throw well at practice Wednesday.

Campbell said his status as the Raiders backup despite back-to-back games with passer ratings of more than 120 has not been discussed.

Coach Tom Cable will provide the league-mandated update of injured players following practice although it’s doubtful he’ll have anything definitive about cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, tight end Zach Miller or Gradkowski until later of the week in preparation to face the Kansas City Chiefs.

Nothing official from the Raiders, but the word is tickets are moving briskly with the help of a 2-for-1 ticket offer, leaving open the possibility the 11-game blackout streak could end.

Tickets must be sold out 72 hours before kickoff, but the Raiders, if close, could ask for an extension Friday.

More to come later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Brien the Grand Guru

**********************

Get em Old man Kell!

• Brien the Grand Guru

# KoolKell Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 11:46 am

I remember “Bree The Wannabe”, “Breein the blog Queein”. “King of the blog”

What else, Bree? Quick, I’m heading for the barbershop.
    ***************************

Aw SuperCuts gonna fade in the horse shoe?

• aig-raiders

Jerrymcd Jerry McDonald
    CB Nate Ness, beaten for 69-yard TD by Darrius Heyward-Bey vs. Oakland, gets cut by Seahawks.

oh darn. DHB has jsut cost someone a career.

• DMAC

Routt and CJ will be fine. We should be more worried about our young DB, Ware covering their slot receiver. But anyways I’m not worried about their passing.
    We contain Jones and Charles and we WIN!

• Brien the Grand Guru

Anyways….gotta jet…..shht to handle….yall be cool….sorry Kell that doesnt include you….get some geritol and hair dye….maybe white wifey may give ya some

• raiderdeek

Nice…2 for 1! 12th man….here we come.

• DMAC

I’m a Grads fan, but we gotta roll w/ the QB that has us on the 2 game win streak.

this Sunday …

Marcus Allen & Bo Jackson
    vs.
    Christian Okoye & Barry Word

• DMAC

If he plays like schit, then we pull him.

• Oakland_raiders

Didn’t Charles have a fumbling problem in college? Hopefully we see that again Sunday.

Routt and CJ will be fine. I’m not worried about their passing.
    We contain Jones and Charles and we WIN!

***

Agreed with DMAC!

• DMAC

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 11:48 am

# KoolKell Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 11:46 am

I remember “Bree The Wannabe”, “Breein the blog Queein”. “King of the blog”

What else, Bree? Quick, I’m heading for the barbershop.
    ***************************

Aw SuperCuts gonna fade in the horse shoe?
    ========
    Super Cuts
    LMAO

• HairyBush

yo

Nnamdi sit out….I believe a guy like him has more value if once we get in the playoffs. They have to throw it to him then because the better WRs play in January. For a few reg season games I can take him sitting down until we play Miami

***

Agreed with ROG. 21 is a great player, but we can’t risk having him suffer a more devastating injury

He sits this week, bye week and possibly Pittsburg

good opportunity for Ware and eventually Walter Mac to get some playing time in the slot

• bcz24

Seahawks signed Jay Richardson.

• 8RaiderReign8

I wonder when Jerry will post the practice notes? Let me say the key to this game will be sho’nasty and Seymour. “It’s the run d stupid!”

• Run DMc

This game will be won in the trenches, the good old fashioned grimy raider way. Our offense is confident and damn persistent about pounding the rock, and our defense is raping mofos like convicts roughing up new fish. You can’t gameplan against ferocity and the sheer heart the raiders are playing with. Hell, even gallery is getting pumped up on the sidelines!

Also, its sweet that the kc game is sold out! I miss watching the game and seeing a sea of silver and black. Reminds me of when I used to be in the black hole every home game.

Seahawks signed Jay Richardson

***

good! I think J-Rich still has a lot of football left in him

• DMAC

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Seahawks signed Jay Richardson

***

good! I think J-Rich still has a lot of football left in him
    ============
    Well not according to Danny O’neal….

Seahawks signed DE Jay Richardson, formerly of the Raiders.
    Richardson, 26, was a fifth-round pick out of Ohio State in 2007. The Seahawks value size above all else on the defensive line, and Richardson looks great getting off the bus at 6-foot-6, 280. He just can’t rush the passer.
    Source: Danny O’Neil on Twitter

• mistic1

kc rush defense is solid up the gut, but we can punish them on the edges. Especially late in the game. im curiuos to see how dorsey holds up late in the game, is he in great shape or is he fat guy that cant last.? what kind of drop off is there with the rotation dt guys?

The secondary will be in trouble against our dangerous pass catchers as well, they cant match our speed. Especially when we split our backs out wide.

If we can put them in predictable pass downs, our front four will beat them up. if you breath on cassel to hard he will turn the ball over and get happy feet.

• 8RaiderReign8

I don’t think we have a chance if Charles breaks a big one. KC also haas coordinators that will look to exploit every aspect of this team. If Cable and his crew win this game, theyre a playoff?! birth from being COY. Hopefully DHB will test the waters and go deep on Sunday.

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

I have not seen an official call on the sell-out. The rumors are floating around on a couple of blogs this morning though. Even JMac is quoting the rumors.
    confirm/deny?

***

true. J-Rich is a base end. pretty good against the run and I’m sure the Seahacks want to improve there after what Oakland just did to them!

• DMAC

Jason Campbell again took the podium for the Raiders’ quarterback press conference Wednesday, indicating that he’ll make another start in Week 9.
    Bruce Gradkowski (shoulder) is “encouraged by his improvement” and will throw some in Wednesday’s practice, but the Raiders aren’t going to sit Campbell when he’s posted passer ratings of 120 or better while engineering back-to-back wins. Gradkowski might be able to return to the lineup after Oakland’s Week 10 bye. Campbell is a safe bet to start versus Kansas City.
    Source: Oakland Tribune

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 11:51 am
    this Sunday …

Marcus Allen & Bo Jackson
    vs.
    Christian Okoye & Barry Word
    ——————————-
    Don’t forget FB Steve Smith and Cheif Harvey williams

• Run DMc

I got my info from ESPN, it also reported that cbs is sending their best commentary team to cover the game. I have so many news feeds streaming to my phone I pick up even the slightest bit of raider info. I’m obsessed with my beloved raiders. My friends and family tell me I spend too much time following my team, they’re probably right haha

• 8RaiderReign8

What a 2 for 1 ticket offer? Man how do I get in on that?

• Pingback: [Raiders] Raiders QB Jason Campbell Says His Status Hasn't Been Discussed

• bcz24

KCs Run D hasnt faced anything like our rush offense this year. The only decent rushing team they faced (houston) they allowed 6.0 ypc and 3 TDs. They did limit Gore to 2.9ypc, but also allowed him 102yds receiving, and its no surprise SF abandoned the run in that game. MJD and the Jags were held to 3.7ypc, but again KC had a big lead so Jax abandoned the run, MJD had 74yds on 5 reception. Looks to me in my research that KC is proficient at stopping the run early and forcing teams to pass late. McFadden will wear them down and break out late, and I dont see them having an answer for running backs out of the backfield. Reece should be the difference maker for us!

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:14 pm
    HB,

take a walk down memory lane

——————————-
    ah the 90′s
    My fav was the foursome of Tim Brown, Alexander Wright, James Jett and Rocket Ismail. The 4 slowest wideouts in the NFL.

***

good work BCZ!

somebody did his homework :)

***

LOL. back when we blamed the coaches for losses instead of Al Davis!

• HairyBush

Citing a source close to Randy Moss, Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that Moss would be willing to sit out the remainder of the season if he dislikes the team that claims him off waivers.

Moss reportedly “wants a ring” from the team that claims him. Moss’ agent, Joel Segal, has likely made the receiver’s feelings known throughout the league. Obviously, it’s going to be a prohibitive factor for less competitive clubs. According to Rapoport, Moss visited the Jets’ facility on Tuesday because “He sees their potential and realizes their lack of deep threat.” Moss apparently isn’t a big Braylon Edwards fan. For what it’s worth, Bodog.com has the Rams as the favorites for Moss at 7/2. He’ll be officially claimed at 4ET. Nov. 3 – 2:10 pm et
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    ————————-
    Moss=punk azz

• bcz24

****
    They lost that Red guy for the year too so they had to sign somebody

• HairyBush

***

LOL. back when we blamed the coaches for losses instead of Al Davis!
    —————————————

So true

poor ole Art Shell and Mike White lol

Moss visited the Jets’ facility on Tuesday

***

Interesting! thanks for sharing HB

• DMAC

DAMN, No more 2 for 1 deals!
    Looks like this game is going to sell out fellas.

• HairyBush

If Moss doesn’t go with a team he likes he will sit out the season and then I could see him signing with the Pats next season. Him and Bellicheat are shady!

• bcz24

good work BCZ!

somebody did his homework
    ****
    I always do my homework.

• Run DMc

I’m right with you, bcz24, we might struggle a bit early establishing the run, but not many teams have the heart or the endurance to stuff all 35-40 times we jam the run down their throats. And within a play or two of a series of decent runs, the passing game is going to spring to life, putting the nail in the coffin. Not to mention, that dmc is good against them when healthy.

Looks like this game is going to sell out fellas.

***

sweet!

I’ll be watching regardless, but it’ll be nice to have the 12th man there

• bcz24

No way Moss goes to the Jets. He wouldnt make it through one day under Rex. No pun intended…

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

there still are 2for1 tix on the Raiders web site.

• HairyBush

DMAC Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:23 pm
    DAMN, No more 2 for 1 deals!
    Looks like this game is going to sell out fellas.
    ——————-
    It will be nice to see a full house in Oakland again.
    I felt the crowd got loud with the 12 people that have been attending games, I can just imagine with a capacity crowd! Go Raiders!

• bcz24

Quentin Groves is giving away 6 tickets to this weeks game via Twitter at 5pm pacific. Anybody interested in trying should jump on there and follow him @ QuentinGroves52

• HairyBush

bcz24 Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:25 pm
    —————–
    good one

• 8RaiderReign8

I just checked out the tix deal. Basically if you buy a three game package you get 1 extra for the KC game. It’s a decent deal.