Gradkowski encouraged by progress

While Jason Campbell was at the podium talking to the some of the assembled media Wednesday, Bruce Gradkowski said at his locker he was encouraged by his improvement and was hoping to throw well at practice Wednesday.

Campbell said his status as the Raiders backup despite back-to-back games with passer ratings of more than 120 has not been discussed.

Coach Tom Cable will provide the league-mandated update of injured players following practice although it’s doubtful he’ll have anything definitive about cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, tight end Zach Miller or Gradkowski until later of the week in preparation to face the Kansas City Chiefs.

Nothing official from the Raiders, but the word is tickets are moving briskly with the help of a 2-for-1 ticket offer, leaving open the possibility the 11-game blackout streak could end.

Tickets must be sold out 72 hours before kickoff, but the Raiders, if close, could ask for an extension Friday.

More to come later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

Couldn’t afford the tix but got them anyway, 2 for 1 couldn’t refuse. Mc Clain must speak now.

I think the plan on O is to hammer them with the run, then go to some screens, reverses and slants with an occasional deep ball to DHB to keep their corners honest

on D it’s even more simple. stack 8 in the box every play and force Cassel to beat you with his arm. I see 1 TD and 2 INT’s from him this week

• SilverNBlackPA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If this sells out, or even comes close to it, this game just got even more critical. If the team comes out there and faceplants, it’ll be disastrous for future sales

• PassTheCheetos

just got my tickets

Mc Clain must speak now.

***

LFS,

don’t expect him to say much!

• HairyBush

Lynn from Snot Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:28 pm
    —————–
    thanx for doing your part, I will hold RoMac to his statements!

• bcz24

KC has real trouble containing running backs in the passing game. Gore got over 100, MJD averaged 14.8 yards per catch, and I would take McFadden over either of those guys every day of the week. Lets not forget NO ONE (other than the Chiefs themselves) have a #2 back better than us. Bush in relief is capable of a homerun at anytime! They wont have any answer at all for Reece. If you are struggling at RB in fantasy, I would say take a flier on Reece at a flex position, he might have a huge game.

• Run DMc

Moss won’t play on the same team as revis. After all, he did call moss a slouch haha. I could see AD picking him up just to keep him from playing on another team in the division, but moss stated he wants a ring, not sure if he’s on the raider bandwagon yet.

• SilverNBlackPA

Biggest game since the Super Bowl fiasco. I don’t think I’m being hyperbolic there.

Since I’m still on my Kool-Aid IV, I’ll say the team will come out guns blazing.

Raiders 27-Chiefs 17

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

I can’t wait to hear RMR’s negative take on the sell-out.
    ;)

• bcz24

don’t expect him to say much!
    ***
    Romac will speak this week, after his breakout game as a pro!

***

Agreed with PA!

if we see another SF type effort the stadium might be empty with 10 minutes left on the clock and those that stick around do so to BOO in disgust

• DMAC

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:33 pm

***

Agreed with PA!

===========
    No fk’n way we give a SF effort. Raiders will play hard and win Sunday!

• SilverNBlackPA

Looks like the Bills are set to claim Merriman, per Jay Glazer of Fox.

• Run DMc

I have read this blog all season and only recently started posting. One constant I notice is MR loves bagging on the team and picking fights with other posters. Can someone unravel for me the mystery of MR, is he a disgruntled fan, a troll, or just really really unhappy?

• 8RaiderReign8

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Raiders 27-Chiefs 17
    ___________________

Not Hyperbolic at all. Every season since the Superbowl we weren’t in contention for the playoffs this late. Its all about having a chance to go to the big game. We have that chance.

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

I think they know the importance of a division game and how huge being 3-0 in the division would be.

• HairyBush

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:37 pm
    Looks like the Bills are set to claim Merriman, per Jay Glazer of Fox.
    ———————–
    Merriman is just living the dream, he goes from the best weather in the country to the worst, not to mention going to a winless team. Sorry “light out” it’s called Karma.

• SilverNBlackPA

Jay Richardson signed to Seattle’s roster. Damn, I always liked him; thought he was the perfect backup DE who could do a little bit of everything. Was hoping he’d maybe come back to the Raiders since he was healthy.

• bcz24

Run DMc Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:38 pm
    *********
    Nothing to unravel. Just ignore him.

• HairyBush

*lights

• bcz24

*****
    Oh come on its not that bad in buffa….. yeah nevermind.

• SilverNBlackPA

Looking around the football media types, I keep hearing 4 names come up as the most likely to claim Moss: St. Louis, Tennessee, Miami and of course…Oakland.

St. Louis is one place ahead of us on the waiver wire…wouldn’t Al just flip his lid if he submits a claim for Moss but the Rams do as well and snake him?

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

Turn OUT the LIGHTS the party’s over. on Merriman

• HairyBush

Raiders a possibility for Moss?
    Posted on: November 3, 2010 9:34 amScore: 152
    Rate This Post:Rate This Post:Rate This Post:FairGoodCoolAwesomeI Love It!I don’t know where Randy Moss stops next, but a source I trust said he wouldn’t rule out the Oakland Raiders.

Huh? It makes no sense. The Raiders couldn’t wait to discard the guy in 2007 and sent him to New England for a fourth-round pick. So why would they want him back?

“Because Al (owner Al Davis) thought they never should have let him go,” the source said.

But nothing happens in Oakland without Al Davis signing off on it. So if he didn’t think he should’ve let him go, he should’ve never let him go. Seems pretty simple to me. I mean, nothing goes on without the owner’s approval, and since Al Davis owns the Raiders no deal is done without his OK. So what gives?

According to the source, Davis went along with the move because he was trying to make good with then-coach Lane Kiffen. Kiffen didn’t want Moss around, so Davis was going to make things as comfy for his head coach as he could — which meant he wouldn’t block the deal. Now, Kiffen is long gone, the Raiders are competitive again and Randy Moss is on the market.

“It makes sense,” said the source.

I’m not convinced. But stay tuned.
    source-CBS Sportsline

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

titans put in a claim on moss

• RaidingTexas

Titans have put in a claim for Moss, according to PFT. Does it get to them? We’ll find out in about 15 minutes.

• SilverNBlackPA

Sorry “light out” it’s called Karma.

+++++++++

Hah!

If I’m Tila Tequila, I’m going into hiding until he’s on a plane to Buffalo. Merriman might have anger he wants to take out.

• HairyBush

bcz24 Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:41 pm
    *****
    Oh come on its not that bad in buffa….. yeah nevermind.
    ———————
    I may be joining u one of these days, If nothing else in Buffalo I will have enough venison in the freezer for a lifetime.

• SilverNBlackPA

++++++++++++++++++++

That’s the one thing that worries me. Al has to have that gnawing around in the back of his head that to have Moss again would mean a chance to do things “right” this time.

• bcz24

Bring your snow tires… you will need them!

• Oakland_raiders

14 more mins until we find out where Moss ends up

• HairyBush

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:46 pm

++++++++++++++++++++

———————
    It may seem right to Al, but wrong to 90% of the Raider nation.

• HairyBush

Moss will be sitting on his couch playing Madden and collecting a paycheck.

• bcz24

I still think Chicago is the most likely spot for Moss. They need a deep threat, Cutler can get him the ball for sure. Lovie has nothing to lose, the Bears season is rapidly swirling the drain, and Lovie isnt getting another year with anything short of a Lombardi.

• HairyBush

5 minutes ago – QB Matt Cassel on having played with WR Randy Moss in New England: “I’ve got a lot of respect for Randy, a guy that I really enjoyed being around, that was a professional who worked extremely hard. I have nothing but positive things to say. I wish him nothing but the best.” Chiefs RapidReports
    —————————–
    Cassel finished the statment by saying pyche under his breath.

• HairyBush

bcz24 Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:51 pm
    ———————
    Bears will be lucky to make playoffs imo

• JLofty

We could use a vet wr. If DHB goes down we have few options left. Higgens and two rooks with 3 catches between them, lifetime.

• lefty12

What is the fascination with Moss?We won’t get him and he probably wouldn’t come here anyway-thank god.The guy is a scum bag,or as Cable would put it a knucklehead.No more knuckleheads.

• bcz24

******
    We get Chaz back for the first qtr of Week 11!

• HairyBush

Bring back Ronald Curry!

• bcz24

The fascination is Moss is the best WR in the history of football running the go route.

• Oakland_raiders

Glazer is reporting StL is not putting in a waiver for him either.

• DMAC

I don’t care where Randy lands, as long if its not within out division. Especially not the Dolts. Could you imagine a Rivers to Moss connection?

• SilverNBlackPA

HairyBush Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:54 pm
    Bring back Ronald Curry!

+++++++++++

I’m holding out for Alvis Whitted.

• DMAC

# bcz24 Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:54 pm

******
    We get Chaz back for the first qtr of Week 11!
    ===========
    Nice try. I think Chaz returns week 16. just in time for the playoffs.

• Run DMc

It’s a win win situation I think. When moss wants to produce, he does, plain and simple. He’s in a different point in his life now than he was when we had him. Plus the team is a lot more competitive now than then. If he starts the same bs he did with ne or Minn, we simply cut him. No harm, no foul. on the downside, his diva mentality might rub off on the otherwise humble dhb haha

• bcz24

Nice try. I think Chaz returns week 16. just in time for the playoffs.
    ****
    ….and injures himself saluting the flag for the National Anthem

• lefty12

You mean WAS.If he is so great why has he been let go by 2 teams within the last month.Besides,have you forgotten how he acted the last time he was here.No more Knuckleheads and he fits that description perfectly.

• Oakland_raiders

DMAC Says:
    November 3rd, 2010 at 12:55 pm

This is exactly what I am saying. This also includes the Raiders picking him up so he doesn’t go to KC, then I am for it. Even if he sits on the bench the rest of the year.