Raiders-Chiefs tickets moving briskly

News, notes, quotes and observations Wednesday as the Raiders prepare to face Kansas City Chiefs:

— Indications are tickets for the Chiefs game are going fast with the help of a 2-for-1 promotion sponsored by Compass Media Networks, making it possible the Raiders will snap their blackout streak at 11 and have a full house for their biggest regular-season game at this point of the season since 2002.

“It’s just exciting to know come Sunday we’re going to have our partner in this thing, and that’s the commuity and the fans there with us,’’ coach Tom Cable said.

— Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha isn’t putting weight on his injured right ankle and did not practice, but Cable hasn’t ruled him out of the Chiefs game.

— Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski continues to progress and a decision regarding his availability to start, Cable said, would probably be Friday.

“He did good, and he’s moving forward rapidly now, and the question will be, kind of what we talked about a couple of weeks ago, if he can do everything that’s necessary to go out and play,’’ Cable said.

— Tight end Zach Miller (arch) did not practice

“It looks very good so we’ll just see,’’ Cable said. “It’s questionable at this point, but at this point he’s improving rapidly.’’

— Best guess _ look for Asomugha and Gradkowski after the bye week. The Raiders may try and get Zach Miller through the Chiefs game and then let him rest through the bye.

Miller was clearly hobbled at some points during the Seattle game.

— Gradkowski was looking forward to throwing at practice to measure his progress.

“That’s the most frustrating thing is you know you want to play, you want to be out there but your body is just not letting you,’’ Gradkowski said. “I’ve just had to deal wit that. I can’t control that. But recently I’ve been starting to come around, feel good. So it’s a matter f how I could practice and be in live situations and see how that feels.”

Gradkowski’s evaluation of Campbell: “I think he’s done well. He’s protected the football good. He’s made some plays. That’s what we needed.’’

If Campbell is even a little irked about having the best back-to-back games of his career in terms of quarterback rating only to have Cable reiterate Gradkowski is the starter, he’s keeping his feelings well hidden.

“I haven’t talked to him about it. My main obligation is to just win and keep winning and try to play at a high level,’’ Gradkowski said. “The decision is coach’s decision. I’ve been in the league six years and starting for a while. You have to be prepared for all types of situations. My mindset right now is not even about that.’’

— Only three players on the roster _ punter Shane Lechler, kicker Sebastian Janikowski and right tackle Langston Walker _ have played a game in November with the kind of implications the Chiefs game has Sunday.

As much as Cable is stressing “the process,’’ there’s undeniably a different feel to the week.

“This is huge. Where we are right now, a lot of us, we haven’t been in uncharted waters like this before,’’ defensive end Trevor Scott said. “Just the fact that we’re 4-4, and it’s been a long time since we’ve been .500 here. We’re very excited about that. We’re just going to keep the foot on the gas pedal.”

“It’s a totally different atmosphere in here,’’ said linebacker Sam Williams, a third-round draft pick in 2003. “It’s a great feeling because we know we have something to play for, we know we’re a good team, and the sky’s the limit.

— Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly’s assignment will be to get the better of Casey Wiegmann, the squatty 6-foot-2, 285-pound center of the Chiefs, and disrupt the Kansas City interior running game.

With Kelly at 6-foot-6 and in the 325-pound range, Wiegmann is more an issue of leverage than power.

“He’s a position blocker,’’ Kelly said. “Wiegmann’s a vet, wily, he’s going to give you everything he’s got on every play. As long as I get off and get my hands into him, I should be OK.’’

— The Raiders didn’t put in a claim for Randy Moss, who wound up with the Tennessee Titans. Whether Oakland stayed on the sidelines because they found out through Moss’ agent he wanted no part of the Raiders, or simply thought the better of it hardly matters.

Considering they never made a move toward Terrell Owens or tried to trade for Anquan Boldin or make any other move regarding a receiver, there’s no reason to think they wanted to claim Moss.

— Tight end Brandon Myers spent practice working with the first team and if Zach Miller can’t play or can’t finish, he’ll take three catches for 21 yards to the field and hope to add to his numbers.

Myers figures he’ll need to make a play or two in the receiving game to get more chances.

“It’s all about Hue and Jason and Bruce and those guys trust me a little bit. Zach’s established, so whenever I come in and get a chance to make a play I’ve got to make it,’’ Myers said.

Cable on the development of Myers: I think the last two weeks, what he’s done has been a great improvement from where we thought he was at the beginning of the season. And it’s starting to show up on special teams as well. We feel like he’s where he needs to be and he’s on the come now. Which is a great thing, particularly with the situation now with Zach.’’

— Cable confirmed that Jake Grove, the the former Raiders starter and a second-round draft pick in 2004, was brought in for a visit Tuesday. Grove was cut after one season in Miami, receiving $14.5 million in guaranteed money.

“We had him in for a workout, just in case, kind of to see where he’s at,’’ Cable said.

Starting center Samson Satele was limited in practice, practicing with a large wrap on his knee.

Cable said he’d like to level Veldheer at left tackle to develop at that position, but noted, “It’s how your roster fits and if you’re able to do that. Right now this is where we’re at and we’re OK with it.’’

— Linebacker Travis Goethel practiced without restrictions and Cable said the rookie could be active to and play on special teams and as a backup linebacker against Kansas City.

— Other injury notes: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder) was limited, S Hiram Eugene (hamstring) was limited, WR Louis Murphy (bruised lung) did not practice,WR Chaz Schlens (knee) did not practice, DT John Henderson (stress fracture) did not practice.

— Like Cable, Chiefs coach Todd Haley is a football lifer who enjoys the historical of Raiders-Chiefs and seeing it be a crucial game.

“For the fans of the game, which we all are, the Raiders and Mr. Davis are such a big part of NFL lore and the history,’’ Haley said. “You can’t put on NFL Films and not see the Raiders and the great teams they’ve had through the years. So any time you have teams like the Raiders and Chiefs that are big foundations of the league playing each other period is a big thing.

“Add into the mix that both teams have been able to have some success early in the year and it obviously makes it special for everybody’s who’s a fan of the NFL.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• LA to TheBay

Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:30 am
    # J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:28 am

But then I have to deal with all the Aremnian dudes in skinny jeans with spiked hair screaming “Ded u SEE dat mahn, Kobe is dee bomb,” right B, lol?

——————————————————-

Staples is HILARIOUS!
    **********************************

Fakple Center….meaning Fake People

——————–

The Lakers are what make LA sports tick. Dodgers? Meh. LA doesn’t really care. Kings? Wait, hockey — what’s that? The David Beckham stunt was laughable.

LA is a Laker town, obviously.

People who usually go to games in the bottom half of Staples are going like they’re going out to the hooka bar or a club or something.

Like they’re not there to watch a game as much as they’re there to BE at the game, you know?

But don’t mistake it, there’s a whole lotta die hard fans in the LA area (of the Raiders too) that would definitely ruin the image of the typical “LA sports fan.”

• Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:33 am

Hmmmm so you condone the skinny gay jeans……trying to change the wardrobe so wifey can get it wet again for ya eh?
    —————————–
    Then, you wonder why you’re slutty mother get’s brought into the convo. lol.

• DMAC

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:32 am

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:31 am

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:26 am

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:18 am

Hey B,
    I’m looking for some opponents for Turkey Bowl. Got my squad. You ready to rumble?
    **************************************

LOL meaning?
    ==========
    So does that mean you got your soldiers ready?
    ************************************

To play football? You gotta be kidding bruh…..
    ============
    Hell yeah!

• DMAC

I schit you not.

# J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Its a losing battle in California trying to argue this, so I don’t expect anybody to see it this way.

——————————————————-

Was “one of those” until I went to a game.

AMAZING schyyt!
    **************************************

you were high as a kite

• Just Fire Baby

So Sunday might be an almost full bottle day.

Not much on the work calendar for Monday (intentionally) and biggest game in years.

I will be smashed by 1pm (thank God for mountain time and the 2:15 kickoff)

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:35 am

I schit you not.
    *****************************

Got me fawked up cutty

• mistic1

Not much of a hockey fan but i will admit the sudden death hockey thing is unreal.

O.T in football, can end on one play bust most times, you can see it coming as a team builds a drive.

extra innings is cool but again most times you can see it coming as a team puts on base runners.

bball is the worse overtime, when a team builds the lead in that 5 minute window.

hockey is truly all of a sudden, the teams can change possession and knock it into the net in an instant, boom game over.

i caught the end of a match last season and i was glued to the tube, even though admittedly I had no clue what i was looking at.

• DMAC

So you got the soldiers ready or what?

# Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:35 am

So Sunday might be an almost full bottle day.

I will be smashed by 1pm (thank God for mountain time and the 2:15 kickoff)
    ***************************************

I party hardy from Friday to Sunday….on monday you might find me in the drunk tank

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:36 am

So you got the soldiers ready or what?
    **************************************

Old school New Edition without Bobby Brown…..Count me Out

• Just Fire Baby

I never realized those hockey players don’t stay on the ice for much more than a minute or so before line-changing off until I went to a game.

I thought it was weird, and at the same time both kind of cool and lame.

• Brien the Grand Guru

DMAC your soldiers will have easiest game ever against my substance abused friends…..yall will win 59-14

• DMAC

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:37 am

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:36 am

So you got the soldiers ready or what?
    **************************************

Old school New Edition without Bobby Brown…..Count me Out
    ==========
    LAMO
    its all good
    Next year

• LA to TheBay

And to do that all the while banging into dudes, and playing the puck is some pretty impressive hand-to-eye coordination.

————————-
    Exactly. And as a matter of fact, the better puck handlers feel the puck without ever looking down at it.

DMAC, lol, icing is if you dump the puck off in the other team’s end without crossing center ice. Most common question I hear. Most people are like “is that cuz they kick up too much ice with their skates?”

• PurpleDrank81

Damn I love it when wifes and mom are brought up…KK why are you always so angry..Is this what makes your day is coming on here and talkin crap thinkin your cool but every1 knows ur some old geezer with a bad case of dementia slowly melting away……HAHAHAHA I BET YOU WERE REAL EXCITED WHEN YOU HEARD MOSS MITE COME BACK

• DMAC

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:38 am

===========
    hahahaha

# KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:35 am

Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:33 am

—————————–
    Then, you wonder why you’re slutty mother get’s brought into the convo. lol.
    ****************************************

60 years old saying this kind of stuff….i mean for a well traveled well to do well off person why is he stooping this level? Sad

• DMAC

=================
    So kind of like offsides?

• Just Fire Baby

To Bruce or not to Bruce…… we all stand waiting

# PurpleDrank81 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:38 am

****************************

at 60 nonetheless lol

• J Hill

701.Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Real people = droopy pants?

*******************************

I actually laughed at that one

—————————————————–

LOL!

Me too.

• LA to TheBay

VR,

If you played a shift, you’d know why they’re only out there for a minute or so. Basketball, you move up and down the floor, but it’s just different on ice with all the starting and stopping and hitting and being hit.

# Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:40 am

To Bruce or not to Bruce…… we all stand waiting
    ******************************

To not….lets pray….he needs to start pitt game if he is indeed the guy

• Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:39 am

————————————–
    You think because I’m 58, I won’t talk about your mamma, AND go upside your head?

Boy, you’re a young fool.

# J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:40 am

701.Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Real people = droopy pants?

*******************************

I actually laughed at that one

—————————————————–

LOL!

Me too.
    ******************************

Funny thing is that is a decade old for me….I havent sagged since first year of college…..didnt make sense for me when I had to run when I was late for something…..Kell’s drawers are what is droops full of droppings

drugs, fights, basketball and financial advice since I’ve been out, eh?

LOL! this place is a zoo

carry on …

• J Hill

—————————————————–

That’s real!

Wifey is one of “those” people. Always looking around instead of watching the damn game, lol!

J, what just happened?????

# KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:41 am

Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:39 am

————————————–

Boy, you’re a young fool.
    *********************************

Mom jokes are 5th grade material…..at 60 you should be better…….but please go upside my head old man……id love to see it

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:43 am

drugs, fights, basketball and financial advice since I’ve been out, eh?

LOL! this place is a zoo

carry on …
    ****************************

you should see 66th ave come sunday……Kell will you be there?

• J Hill

….I havent sagged since first year of college

—————————————————–

Funniest thing in the world to me is “saggin”.

If people only REALLY knew that schyyt meant.

• Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:43 am

————————————-
    Fortunately, I’m able to speak the language of the person I’m talking to.

KC’s defense is overrated. Derrick Johnson & Tamba Hali are the only guys I’m concerned with.

Flowers, Berry, Dorsey, Vrabel?

Pfft!

# J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am

….I havent sagged since first year of college

—————————————————–

Funniest thing in the world to me is “saggin”.

If people only REALLY knew that schyyt meant.
    *******************************

Yeah I was told about that too at the time….wasnt very interested in that afterward….ill just get some good fitting jeans that aint nut huggers

• mistic1

sagging pants….not very masculine

• Just Fire Baby

LA,

I can’t even skate, let alone bang out a shift, lol.

Just wonder why they can’t stay out longer? Must be the strength required in the legs I guess, like needing a little breather in between reps of squats.

# KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am

Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:43 am

————————————-
    Fortunately, I’m able to speak the language of the person I’m talking to.
    ******************************

Fair enough….in 5th grade I always fought…….so you down old man?

• JHill, people in the ghetto used to wear hand me downs from their older siblings, meaning the pants were too big. The pants would sag. Then it became a trend. Then white kids in the burbs started doing it because it was cool. The End.

• What time today will the blackout situation be announced?

# mistic1 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

sagging pants….not very masculine
    *************************************

Its stupid but some cats do it to hide shht if ya yaddaimean

• PurpleDrank81

@ 58 you shouldnt be talkin about going up some1’s head…. Dont you know stuff like that will get you hurt…I mean really c’mon do you think have a chance against the Bauce or I

sagging pants….not very masculine

***

neither is drinking thru a straw!

• DMAC

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

# J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am

….I havent sagged since first year of college

—————————————————–

Funniest thing in the world to me is “saggin”.

If people only REALLY knew that schyyt meant.
    *******************************

========
    Yeah,
    what the fk is up w/ these tight azz jeans?

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am

***********************************

MR how are you doing on this fine Northern California day?

• Just Fire Baby

Nothing like a nice comy, a little loose pair of slacks.

My man Stringer from the Wire, now that’s how you knock ’em dead.

• PurpleDrank81

Haha I would buy you a ticket to the game to watch you fight Bauce….Or if I couldnt make it I would have Bob tape it so we can youtube that S***

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:48 am

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

# J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am

….I havent sagged since first year of college

—————————————————–

Funniest thing in the world to me is “saggin”.

If people only REALLY knew that schyyt meant.
    *******************************

========
    Yeah,
    what the fk is up w/ these tight azz jeans?
    ************************************

The tight flourescent jean thing is crazy….young kids back when i was in high school would have got stomped for sporting those….its a East Village thing just like the Mohawk

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am

sagging pants….not very masculine

***

neither is drinking thru a straw!
    ******************************

Ha a hardcore drunk like me….i can dig it

• Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

Fair enough….in 5th grade I always fought…….so you down old man?
    ———————————–
    I’ll tell you what, pootbutt. Any of you stalkers come up to me, I will kick yo asssss.

• Agree with Brien, New Edition was wack without Bobby. They just started doing ballads.