Raiders-Chiefs tickets moving briskly

News, notes, quotes and observations Wednesday as the Raiders prepare to face Kansas City Chiefs:

— Indications are tickets for the Chiefs game are going fast with the help of a 2-for-1 promotion sponsored by Compass Media Networks, making it possible the Raiders will snap their blackout streak at 11 and have a full house for their biggest regular-season game at this point of the season since 2002.

“It’s just exciting to know come Sunday we’re going to have our partner in this thing, and that’s the commuity and the fans there with us,’’ coach Tom Cable said.

— Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha isn’t putting weight on his injured right ankle and did not practice, but Cable hasn’t ruled him out of the Chiefs game.

— Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski continues to progress and a decision regarding his availability to start, Cable said, would probably be Friday.

“He did good, and he’s moving forward rapidly now, and the question will be, kind of what we talked about a couple of weeks ago, if he can do everything that’s necessary to go out and play,’’ Cable said.

— Tight end Zach Miller (arch) did not practice

“It looks very good so we’ll just see,’’ Cable said. “It’s questionable at this point, but at this point he’s improving rapidly.’’

– Best guess _ look for Asomugha and Gradkowski after the bye week. The Raiders may try and get Zach Miller through the Chiefs game and then let him rest through the bye.

Miller was clearly hobbled at some points during the Seattle game.

— Gradkowski was looking forward to throwing at practice to measure his progress.

“That’s the most frustrating thing is you know you want to play, you want to be out there but your body is just not letting you,’’ Gradkowski said. “I’ve just had to deal wit that. I can’t control that. But recently I’ve been starting to come around, feel good. So it’s a matter f how I could practice and be in live situations and see how that feels.”

Gradkowski’s evaluation of Campbell: “I think he’s done well. He’s protected the football good. He’s made some plays. That’s what we needed.’’

If Campbell is even a little irked about having the best back-to-back games of his career in terms of quarterback rating only to have Cable reiterate Gradkowski is the starter, he’s keeping his feelings well hidden.

“I haven’t talked to him about it. My main obligation is to just win and keep winning and try to play at a high level,’’ Gradkowski said. “The decision is coach’s decision. I’ve been in the league six years and starting for a while. You have to be prepared for all types of situations. My mindset right now is not even about that.’’

— Only three players on the roster _ punter Shane Lechler, kicker Sebastian Janikowski and right tackle Langston Walker _ have played a game in November with the kind of implications the Chiefs game has Sunday.

As much as Cable is stressing “the process,’’ there’s undeniably a different feel to the week.

“This is huge. Where we are right now, a lot of us, we haven’t been in uncharted waters like this before,’’ defensive end Trevor Scott said. “Just the fact that we’re 4-4, and it’s been a long time since we’ve been .500 here. We’re very excited about that. We’re just going to keep the foot on the gas pedal.”

“It’s a totally different atmosphere in here,’’ said linebacker Sam Williams, a third-round draft pick in 2003. “It’s a great feeling because we know we have something to play for, we know we’re a good team, and the sky’s the limit.

— Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly’s assignment will be to get the better of Casey Wiegmann, the squatty 6-foot-2, 285-pound center of the Chiefs, and disrupt the Kansas City interior running game.

With Kelly at 6-foot-6 and in the 325-pound range, Wiegmann is more an issue of leverage than power.

“He’s a position blocker,’’ Kelly said. “Wiegmann’s a vet, wily, he’s going to give you everything he’s got on every play. As long as I get off and get my hands into him, I should be OK.’’

— The Raiders didn’t put in a claim for Randy Moss, who wound up with the Tennessee Titans. Whether Oakland stayed on the sidelines because they found out through Moss’ agent he wanted no part of the Raiders, or simply thought the better of it hardly matters.

Considering they never made a move toward Terrell Owens or tried to trade for Anquan Boldin or make any other move regarding a receiver, there’s no reason to think they wanted to claim Moss.

– Tight end Brandon Myers spent practice working with the first team and if Zach Miller can’t play or can’t finish, he’ll take three catches for 21 yards to the field and hope to add to his numbers.

Myers figures he’ll need to make a play or two in the receiving game to get more chances.

“It’s all about Hue and Jason and Bruce and those guys trust me a little bit. Zach’s established, so whenever I come in and get a chance to make a play I’ve got to make it,’’ Myers said.

Cable on the development of Myers: I think the last two weeks, what he’s done has been a great improvement from where we thought he was at the beginning of the season. And it’s starting to show up on special teams as well. We feel like he’s where he needs to be and he’s on the come now. Which is a great thing, particularly with the situation now with Zach.’’

— Cable confirmed that Jake Grove, the the former Raiders starter and a second-round draft pick in 2004, was brought in for a visit Tuesday. Grove was cut after one season in Miami, receiving $14.5 million in guaranteed money.

“We had him in for a workout, just in case, kind of to see where he’s at,’’ Cable said.

Starting center Samson Satele was limited in practice, practicing with a large wrap on his knee.

Cable said he’d like to level Veldheer at left tackle to develop at that position, but noted, “It’s how your roster fits and if you’re able to do that. Right now this is where we’re at and we’re OK with it.’’

— Linebacker Travis Goethel practiced without restrictions and Cable said the rookie could be active to and play on special teams and as a backup linebacker against Kansas City.

— Other injury notes: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder) was limited, S Hiram Eugene (hamstring) was limited, WR Louis Murphy (bruised lung) did not practice,WR Chaz Schlens (knee) did not practice, DT John Henderson (stress fracture) did not practice.

— Like Cable, Chiefs coach Todd Haley is a football lifer who enjoys the historical of Raiders-Chiefs and seeing it be a crucial game.

“For the fans of the game, which we all are, the Raiders and Mr. Davis are such a big part of NFL lore and the history,’’ Haley said. “You can’t put on NFL Films and not see the Raiders and the great teams they’ve had through the years. So any time you have teams like the Raiders and Chiefs that are big foundations of the league playing each other period is a big thing.

“Add into the mix that both teams have been able to have some success early in the year and it obviously makes it special for everybody’s who’s a fan of the NFL.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Brien the Grand Guru

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am

sagging pants….not very masculine

***

neither is drinking thru a straw!
    ******************************

Ha a hardcore drunk like me….i can dig it

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

Fair enough….in 5th grade I always fought…….so you down old man?
    ———————————–
    I’ll tell you what, pootbutt. Any of you stalkers come up to me, I will kick yo asssss.

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

Agree with Brien, New Edition was wack without Bobby. They just started doing ballads.

• DMAC

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:49 am

# DMAC Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:48 am

# Brien the Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

# J Hill Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am

….I havent sagged since first year of college

—————————————————–

Funniest thing in the world to me is “saggin”.

If people only REALLY knew that schyyt meant.
    *******************************

Yeah I was told about that too at the time….wasnt very interested in that afterward….ill just get some good fitting jeans that aint nut huggers
    ========
    Yeah,
    what the fk is up w/ these tight azz jeans?
    ************************************

The tight flourescent jean thing is crazy….young kids back when i was in high school would have got stomped for sporting those….its a East Village thing just like the Mohawk
    =========
    AMEN!

• Brien the Grand Guru

# PurpleDrank81 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:49 am

Haha I would buy you a ticket to the game to watch you fight Bauce….Or if I couldnt make it I would have Bob tape it so we can youtube that S***
    ****************************

The comment section would be nice…..people would be all ” Man that young guy beating up on a old shhhty doo doo pants color having old man”….no way I win in that situation….but slapping him around in fron of the bloggers would

• Nnamdi21

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am
    KC’s defense is overrated. Derrick Johnson & Tamba Hali are the only guys I’m concerned with.

Flowers, Berry, Dorsey, Vrabel?

Pfft!

===================

Their D, like ours, benefits from a solid ground game.

Hopefully we can flip the script on these bozos but have no illusions, KC has some talent on D…

Dorsey’s starting to come into his own and Tyson Jackson at the other DE spot is no slouch either.

Under rated secondary too.

• mistic1

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am

JHill, people in the ghetto used to wear hand me downs from their older siblings, meaning the pants were too big. The pants would sag. Then it became a trend. Then white kids in the burbs started doing it because it was cool. The End.
    ============================================================
    Ummmm, there is much more to the story than that.

RMR i dont mean to contradict you ( this time), but….

I had hand me downs when i was a kid in the hood, but i was also taught to wear a belt and keep my pants over my behind no matter how big they were

here is a hint…. prison

• PurpleDrank81

U couldnt kick my ass with 4 legs

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:50 am

*****************************

That is one thing you know for sure…..you know music pretty well ill give ya that much

Kell (or anyone else),

what is the term “pootbutt”?

I’m not familiar with it. seriously

is that like calling somebody a fartbutt?

forgive my ignorance. i’m looking to be educated here

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

You grew up in prison, Mistic? J/K. Got ya.

• Brien the Grand Guru

# KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:50 am

Brien The Grand Guru Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am

Fair enough….in 5th grade I always fought…….so you down old man?
    ———————————–
    *****************************

Fa sho….come sunday

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

I grew up in the ’80s, B. Don’t have to do much studying.

• J Hill

You think because I’m 58, I won’t talk about your mamma, AND go upside your head?

—————————————————–

LMFAO!

That is HILARIOUS!

• Just Fire Baby

So….we all know my faith (sometimes blind) in the Great Gradkowski. But even I would hesistate on going back this weekend.

It’s not because of how great Campbell has been. He has certainly been the benefactor of his team playing well, not the team benefitting from him playing so well.

Not trying to knock him, because he has done all you can ask for him the last two weeks, and maybe a tad more.

But this D has given up 17 points the last two weeks, has got 5 or 6 turnovers, and is averaging 280+ yards rushing a week.

I mean $hit, Jamarcus couldn’t have even screwed that up.

• mistic1

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am

sagging pants….not very masculine

***

neither is drinking thru a straw!
    ===========================================================

lol unless your drinking beer while driving

• Nnamdi21

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:49 am

=================

You can buy the vid. Its called Bum Fights 9. “The Reckoning”

• Brien the Grand Guru

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:52 am

Kell (or anyone else),

what is the term “pootbutt”?

I’m not familiar with it. seriously

is that like calling somebody a fartbutt?

forgive my ignorance. i’m looking to be educated here
    ***********************************

old school term for old men who still are in amazement or5 the invention of the TV

• Brien the Grand Guru

# Nnamdi21 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:53 am

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:49 am

=================

You can buy the vid. Its called Bum Fights 9. “The Reckoning”
    ***********************

I resent that remark….I’m not a bum….I’m a drunk

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:51 am

U couldnt kick my ass with 4 legs
    ——————————–
    I’m just sayin, ok? Damned sure give it a try.

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:52 am

I grew up in the ’80s, B. Don’t have to do much studying.
    **************************

I see….and did you have one of those Hall and Oates white boy hair styles? lol

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

Looks like the only fighting going on Sunday will be in the parking lot, with 58 year old Kell doing some martial arts on a bunch of hard core Raider fans. Inside of the stadium, I think the Chiefs are going to methodically move the ball on the Raiders. Just have a bad feeling about these games where the Raiders are going for a 3rd straight win. This is always where they crumble.

• Nnamdi21

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:52 am
    Kell (or anyone else),

what is the term “pootbutt”?

I’m not familiar with it. seriously

is that like calling somebody a fartbutt?

forgive my ignorance. i’m looking to be educated here

================

You know, the word “poobutt” is thrown around an awful lot nowadays…

• Brien the Grand Guru

# KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:54 am

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:51 am

U couldnt kick my ass with 4 legs
    ——————————–
    I’m just sayin, ok? Damned sure give it a try.
    *****************************

Old man would get a seizure of heart attack

• Brien the Grand Guru

or*

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

Did any of you kats catch the youtube vid of the old white guy kicking the crap out of the middle aged black dude on the AC bus?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Poot Butt 11 up, 3 down
    buy poot butt mugs, tshirts and magnets
    A seemingly weak, or effeminate male. A punk. Often flakey or phoney. A man that is too soft and who lacks the bravery or masculinity of men considered to be strong and is contrary to men thought of as being a man’s man. A coward.

• DMAC

“I said a oops upside yo head, say oops upside your head”

You know, the word “poobutt” is thrown around an awful lot nowadays…

***

ok N21, but what does it mean?

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:55 am

**************************************

Ha the Jim Kelly Black Dynamite moves?

• Nnamdi21

769. You know, the term “Drum” is thrown around alot nowadays…

• J Hill

741.The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am

——————————————————

Actually,

saggin is a way to tell people in jail that your arsse is available.

You’re confusing saggin with baggy pants.

• Brien the Grand Guru

# KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:56 am

Poot Butt 11 up, 3 down
    buy poot butt mugs, tshirts and magnets
    *****************************

Sums Kell up to the tee

• http://aldavissucks.blogspot.com/ The Real MaddenRaider

Brien, you just don’t like talking about the ’80s because you had your After 7 slope curl then.

• LA to TheBay

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am
    LA,

I can’t even skate, let alone bang out a shift, lol.

Just wonder why they can’t stay out longer? Must be the strength required in the legs I guess, like needing a little breather in between reps of squats.

—————

Exactly, it’s the toll it takes on your lower body.

It keeps guys fresh, too.

Your better players (especially defenseman, who are almost always your best skaters) will be on the ice for most of the game, maybe 35-45 minutes and defensemen will take longer shifts than forwards.

It’s not as if they don’t see action. It’s just fast and furious for 45 seconds to 2 minutes (like some of you guys bedroom performances, lol), you get a qiuck break and back to it.

• mistic1

Nnamdi21 Says

===========================================================

I think this is the best part of their defense. I wonder about the drop off when their rotation guys come in. Im not so sure that tyson and dorsey are in good enough shape to hold up throughout the course of the game. I also think that we can wear them out on the edges, especially behind gallery and veldeheer.

***

Ouch!

thanks Kell …

• Nnamdi21

782. Actually most people don’t know that jail is EXACTLY where that saggy pants no shoelaces BS started. No lie.

Ill fitting one size fits all clothes issued by the departmetn of correction became the rage.

F**k are we stupid in America sometimes…

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

To me Poot-Butt means young guys of no accomplishment, frontin.

• Nnamdi21

Plus baggy clothes help conceal weapons

• LA to TheBay

I don’t know. Whether it be Pittsburgh or KC where we see the return of Grad, I got a good feeling about him.

After solid games from Jason, he gotta go out and prove himself all over again. I think he’s game.

• J Hill

here is a hint…. prison

——————————————————

Bingo!

• Nnamdi21

KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2010 at 11:58 am
    To me Poot-Butt means young guys of no accomplishment, frontin.

===============

To me poobutt means that bum off of I-5 whose azz crack is plastered shut with yesterdays leavings.

Puh tay toe, Puh tah toe

• RedneckRaider

Wonder where Jerry is today…

• mistic1

Funny i saw a kid with a gumby cut the other day, complete with three parts cut into his eybrow

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Nnamdi

Yeah, young boys with poot still their butt, talking big.

• http://blackhole@aldavisshouldbeonmountrushmore Drexl

Old Bob “i am a motherfauker” beat down.
    The commentary is hilarious.
    The best line in near the end. “ooo he leaking”

• Nnamdi21

792. Its always funny to see these genius’s on cops trying to run with their “fashionable” baggy pants around their ankles.

For the love of Yahweh if I was slangin’ dope on the corner I’d be wearing a track suit.

Thank gawd for thugs irrational fashion sense.

• J Hill

because you had your After 7 slope curl then.

——————————————————-

LOL!

Look at Kell and MR makinge funny’s today.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell