Raiders and flex scheduling

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 at 11:15 am in Oakland Raiders.

Judging from the way the rest of the season lays out, it looks like the best (and possibly only) chance the Raiders have to be flexed into a prime time Sunday night game would be Dec. 26 against Indianapolis.

Many of the Sunday night matchups look as if they’ll hold up.

Week 11: New York Giants at Philadelphia. Announcement has already been made that this game won’t be flexed. Teams must be notified 12 days in advance if they’re game time is changing to Sunday evening.

Week 12: San Diego at Indianaplis. Resurgent Chargers vs. Peyton Manning on the same day Miami is at Oakland.

Week 13: Pittsburgh at Baltimore. Potential AFC championship game preview. Oakland is at San Diego.

Week 14: Philadelphia at Dallas. Possibility of a flex here, but Raiders at Jacksonville? League is hesitant to flex to sites that could have blackouts. That’s an issue with the Jaguars as well as the Raiders. The Chiefs are at San Diego (another place where blackouts have been prevelant) that day, the New York Giants at Minnesota.

Week 15: Green Bay at New England. This game looks solid. Raiders host Denver.

Week 16: San Diego at Cincinnati. Bengals will be out of the running and Peyton Manning visits the Black Hole.

There is no Sunday night game in Week 17.

(Correction: Although the NFL schedule as posted in NFL.com does not refer to a Week 17 game, the scheduling guidelines posted on the same site account for a night game with six days notice. That would mean Raiders-Chiefs would indeed be in play for the final game)

PRACTICE UPDATE

Rolando McClain, Tyvon Branch and Louis Murphy were all suited up and going through warmups and drills as the Raiders began a bye week practice.

McClain didn’t finish the Kansas City game with a hip pointer, Branch had “concussion symptoms” (he said he didn’t have a concussion) and Murphy missed the game with a bruised lung.

Not present were cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (ankle), defensive tackle John Henderson (stress fracture) and tight end Zach Miller (arch).

# blackpeoplerdumb Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am

we need grads to beat pit, campbell not mobile enough
    **********************************

Zero proof of such lol

D-Rac….whats up mayne?

• RaiderRetribution

Racoon you dirty rat, 27 LA, & DMAC
    denver is already out of the division picture (almost mathmatically even)

It is in the best interest for the Raiders that Denver beat both KC & SD.

I never pray for injuries to opponents, Raiders don’t need ‘em when we execute and/or overcome when we don’t like the Denver game and the KC game.

• Raider Dell

BAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Bauce 2 Dope

Its just a damn shame on this blog……team is feeling great…..city is feeling great….state of Cali feeling great and followers around the world are feeling great and yet we have people being ultra negative and wishing bad on the team…..amazing

• LA to TheBay

Retribution,

Exactly.

# Raider Dell Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:48 am

BAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    ***************************

Sup big Dell? This blog is just plain awful…its worse than its been after the losses this season

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders you earned the rest!

• DMAC

# Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:48 am

==========
    Just to say…….
    “I told you so.”
    Schit is fkin hilarious

• LA to TheBay

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:48 am

———————–

I’m confident we can win with either QB and that’s all that matters.

I’m glad they’re pushing each other.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

Whats up dread man Bauce? How was the game for you?

• Bauce 2 Dope

Bauce personally doesnt want the Indy game to be flexed….i like partying in the lot at 8am and game start at 1pm…..i then can party even longer into the night when we beat Peyton

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders share this extra free time with your families (and your trainers) get refreshed and healed, because in two weeks it’s crunch time!

no one runs the Podink and Podunk offense like you, RRS.

***

LOL @ Po dink & dunk offense!

the Podunk Express is movin, LA

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

blackpeoplerdumb
    Are you related to the late Al Campanis?

# Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:50 am

Whats up dread man Bauce? How was the game for you?
    ************************

LOL mayne havent had the lockz since 08 but game was da shiznit…..team….keyword TEAM played with heart and tenacity

• Raider Dell

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

B

It’s like this, those on this blog who are critical thinkers, and always stating their moves our best for the team, have earned my respect, those others need to think before they comment.

• LA to TheBay

the Podunk Express is movin, LA

—————–

A caravan of RVs and trailers cruising to the lake to shoot things and drink Coors does not count as an Express, lol.

# LA to TheBay Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:49 am

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:48 am

———————–

I’m confident we can win with either QB and that’s all that matters.

I’m glad they’re pushing each other.
    **************************************

That’s how I feel….although both guys have their issues I think we can play with anyone as long as we fight and play with a chip on our shoulder.

Of course you need good qb play to win but the TEAM has to play together. For people to insinuate either QB has done nada to help this team shows they have an agenda and they want JC or Bruce to do bad…..crazy

• Dirtiest Raccoon

53.RaiderRetribution Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:48 am
    Racoon you dirty rat, 27 LA, & DMAC
    denver is already out of the division picture (almost mathmatically even)

It is in the best interest for the Raiders that Denver beat both KC & SD.

************************

I don’t giv a D@M what you don’t “pray” for! I love to see the rest of the AFC West in PAIN. I’d kick thier a$$’s on crutches if they hobbled onto the field!

0 to 0 overtime tie.

• RaiderRetribution

LA to the Bay

you are correct, hell our first two victories this season came when both Mr. Gradkowski substituted for Mr. Campbell and Mr. Campbell substituted for Mr. Gradkowski in the middle of both games.

• LA to TheBay

0 to 0 overtime tie.

———

Your loyalty is noteworthy, but a tie counts more like a win than a loss. KC must lose.

# RaiderRetribution Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:53 am

LA to the Bay

*************************

You mean our first win…….the next 4 wins JC finished

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Forgive me in advance for posting something from a Chief’s website, but I love to surf the pages of opposing teams after we thrash ‘em to see them bask in sorrow and agony…. Keep ‘em crying NATION….Let’s GET IT!!!!
    ——————————-

From ArrowheadPride.com
    By Joel Thorman

On Sept. 6, 2009 the Oakland Raiders sent the New England Patriots a first round pick in exchange for DT Richard Seymour. It was one of those out-of-nowhere trades that caught everyone by surprise. As a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, another AFC West team, I liked the trade because I thought it favored the Patriots by a wide margin.

I’m still not so sure that’s a great trade for Oakland but Seymour showed up in a big way against the Chiefs. His full impact can’t be seen in the box score (although he lead everyone in tackles) but he was a big, big part of how the Raiders held the Chiefs to 104 yards on the ground.

“In the run game,” Todd Haley told reporters on Monday, “the Oakland Raiders did a very good job inside, specifically [Richard] Seymour. I know I don’t talk about other players a whole bunch but he really was a problem for us yesterday. Richard Seymour, he’s a great player. That’s one of those things that we need to learn form.

“We can’t allow a top player to disrupt our game plan as much as he was able to do that. It was throughout the game and it caused us problems even late in the game when we were trying to run out the clock.”

Seymour was a significant factor on Sunday. It seemed that the announcers were consistently calling his name as he disrupted the backfield. Haley referenced Seymour’s tackle behind the line of scrimmage late in the game as a critical play, even suggesting the Chiefs were lucky that Seymour didn’t steal the hand off.

Richard Seymour was the leader of a defense that slowed down the Chiefs. The good thing for the Chiefs is that, while the Raiders created a blueprint of sorts to beat the Chiefs, not every team has a Richard Seymour to help them out.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

66.Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:51 am
    # Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:50 am

Whats up dread man Bauce? How was the game for you?
    ************************

********************

I remember, you cut em off before the Tenn game.

• LA to TheBay

as long as we fight and play with a chip on our shoulder

————————–
    Both QBs officialy have huge chips. I think that Bruce has had one for a while now, and if he didn’t before Jason has developed one here.

• NOLA Raider

How much is Mystink getting paid by Soup to suck his nuts?

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Wish that damned lottery would pay off so I can drop this damned work BS!

***

LA,

says YOU… city slicker!

I’m going to shoot a deer this Saturday, opening day of deer season, barring my wife going into labor

• LA to TheBay

Dakota Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:56 am
    Wish that damned lottery would pay off so I can drop this damned work BS!

————-

Sounds like a hand out to me. Isn’t lottery paid for by…. TAXES (cue scary music)!!!!!

• RaiderRetribution

Rac’s you must be a progressive bleeding heart liberal democrat who worships the crumbs the so soon not to be Speaker of the House, Ms. Nancy Pelosi hands you on a silver platter.

Raiders are earning their victories, they don’t need any handouts or backdoor invitations!

• Bauce 2 Dope

What Grad and JC haters dont get is that the TEAM is fed up with losing. Hell the entire franchise is and they will stick together….sunday was proof. Anyone who claimed the QB had nada to do with the win is really selfish and only about themselves. This team isnt about themselves they are about each other

• LA to TheBay

RRS,

LOL. Bambi Killer!

# NOLA Raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:56 am

How much is Mystink getting paid by Soup to suck his nuts?
    **************************

Uncalled for mayne

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Forget the lottery Dakota…you’re probably better off betting on player props for ya boy McFeezy to break 100 yds from Scrimmage every game. It’s been money for me thus far this season!

# Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:55 am

66.Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:51 am
    # Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:50 am

Whats up dread man Bauce? How was the game for you?
    ************************

********************

I remember, you cut em off before the Tenn game.
    ****************************

Texans game but yeah right before my bday i went to rocking the peanut dome again lol

• LA to TheBay

I’ll see yous guys in the PM sesh.

• I am Spartacus

If New Engkand beats Pittsburgh next week, we’ll be facing a blitz-crazy Steelers team in two weeks. That will require a quick-thinking, quick-throwing, improvisational QB. All that equals Gradkowski in my book.

• Raider Dell

Dakota

I posted the DMAC List for you, thanks in advance. (Prior thread.)

• 30 year raider

WOW!!! im still PUMPED!!!! what an atmosphere!!! great tailgate!!! 30 yr raider wants to thank all of the bay area for a great weekend!!! all the homies in section 122 row 29 area WE WERE AWESOME!!! BEEN TO MANY GAMES MANY GAMES!!!! MANY RAIDER GAMES IN LOS ANGELES COLLISEUM!!! MANY TROJAN GAMES!!! LIVING HERE IN DALLAS COWBOYGAMES-BOOOOOOO ( I ALWAYS GO FOR THE OTHER TEAM)!!! LAKER GAMES DODGER GAMES!!! BUT NEVER HAVE I SEEN A CROWD SOOOOO DAMMM HYPED FOR OVER 4 HRS LIKE I DID SUNDAY!!!!WAS AMAZING!! TAILGATED WITH KIRK & UNCLE STAN FROM TAILGATE WARRIORS!!! BEST 20 DOLLARS I EVER SPENT!!! I WILL BE FLYING OUT TO AT LEAST 1 HOME GAME EVERY YR!!!! INCREDIBLE… THANK YOU

• Dirtiest Raccoon

79.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:57 am

***

LA,

says YOU… city slicker!

**********************************

BUCK HANGING baby!!

Shoot one, and drink two for me. Naah… shoot em ALL

• RaiderRetribution

remember everyone when the Raiders defeat both the Chiefs and the Chargers again, those teams will have to finish at least one game (or a half game, should anyone tie) ahead of the Raiders as we would have the clear head to head and divisional record tie breaker under our belt.

• Bauce 2 Dope

I’m not even worried about KC’s record….they will lose games down the stretch as Nov and Dec football is much tougher to pull out victories….see their schedule? 8-8 is what they will be while we shall take this division no matter who is on the field

• Raider Dell

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:55 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks, SNBPA

# 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:00 pm

********************************

LOL…..agree mayne….parking lot was a zoo baby! Glad you had a great time up here

# I am Spartacus Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:59 am

**************************

No it will take a total team effort regardless of what happens in foxboro on sunday

• Dirtiest Raccoon

RaiderRetribution Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:58 am

******************************************

You mean like the handout win we got from SD, and pock face Norvel?

By the way, I’m not rich, and not a Dem.

I have true hate for the rest of the AFC West.

• 30 year raider

BAUCE– IM SORRY BRO WAS RAINING TOO HARD BRO.. WANTED TO FIND YOU BY 66TH STREET YOU AND HWNDER… WHEN WE GOT OFF THE BART AND WENT OVER THE BRIDGE WENT LEFT AND GOT HOOKED BY KINGSFORD KIRK AND CO…. IT WAS AWESOME AN AWESOME TAILGATE WITH THEM DUDES.. MY APOLOGIES BRO..

• Dirtiest Raccoon

79.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:57 am

**************

RR, u drink that Rocky mtn p!ss? Don’t you know it is from Dungver?

Time to put the SR 211 in the freezer!

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

No prob…SNBPA is someone else though I think my dude. I’ve been S&BBleeder up here now for quite a grip..rarely do I post a lot during one week, but when I do, it’s usually the greatest wisdom one man can give and words to live by…Hahaha…..