Raiders and flex scheduling

Judging from the way the rest of the season lays out, it looks like the best (and possibly only) chance the Raiders have to be flexed into a prime time Sunday night game would be Dec. 26 against Indianapolis.

Many of the Sunday night matchups look as if they’ll hold up.

Week 11: New York Giants at Philadelphia. Announcement has already been made that this game won’t be flexed. Teams must be notified 12 days in advance if they’re game time is changing to Sunday evening.

Week 12: San Diego at Indianaplis. Resurgent Chargers vs. Peyton Manning on the same day Miami is at Oakland.

Week 13: Pittsburgh at Baltimore. Potential AFC championship game preview. Oakland is at San Diego.

Week 14: Philadelphia at Dallas. Possibility of a flex here, but Raiders at Jacksonville? League is hesitant to flex to sites that could have blackouts. That’s an issue with the Jaguars as well as the Raiders. The Chiefs are at San Diego (another place where blackouts have been prevelant) that day, the New York Giants at Minnesota.

Week 15: Green Bay at New England. This game looks solid. Raiders host Denver.

Week 16: San Diego at Cincinnati. Bengals will be out of the running and Peyton Manning visits the Black Hole.

There is no Sunday night game in Week 17.

(Correction: Although the NFL schedule as posted in NFL.com does not refer to a Week 17 game, the scheduling guidelines posted on the same site account for a night game with six days notice. That would mean Raiders-Chiefs would indeed be in play for the final game)

PRACTICE UPDATE

Rolando McClain, Tyvon Branch and Louis Murphy were all suited up and going through warmups and drills as the Raiders began a bye week practice.

McClain didn’t finish the Kansas City game with a hip pointer, Branch had “concussion symptoms” (he said he didn’t have a concussion) and Murphy missed the game with a bruised lung.

Not present were cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (ankle), defensive tackle John Henderson (stress fracture) and tight end Zach Miller (arch).

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Bauce 2 Dope

# 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

BAUCE– IM SORRY BRO WAS RAINING TOO HARD BRO.. WANTED TO FIND YOU BY 66TH STREET YOU AND HWNDER… WHEN WE GOT OFF THE BART AND WENT OVER THE BRIDGE WENT LEFT AND GOT HOOKED BY KINGSFORD KIRK AND CO…. IT WAS AWESOME AN AWESOME TAILGATE WITH THEM DUDES.. MY APOLOGIES BRO..
    ************************

Dont trip that whole lot was a family affair and I’m just happy you had a great time is all and you got to see us win the biggest game since moving back to Oakland IMO…..catch ya the next time

• 504 Raider

NOLA Raider,

What part of the N.O. you from?

• Bauce 2 Dope

Keyword today people: TEAM……some of you bloggers need to go examine the definition of it and maybe the JC vs Grad thing can stop

• 30 year raider

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:01 pm
    I’m not even worried about KC’s record….they will lose games down the stretch as Nov and Dec football is much tougher to pull out victories….see their schedule? 8-8 is what they will be while we shall take this division no matter who is on the field

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i said the samething… there gonna start losing while we start peaking… even if we dont beat pitt i still have us beating miami, donkeys, jax, yes softy azz colts and kc one more time!!! 10-6!!!!! PRINT THAT SHYYYTTT!!!!

• 30 year raider

IM 6-7 HRS DRIVE TO KC!!! IF THAT GAME IS FOR THE DIVISION….30 YR WILL BE THERE!!!!

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

I hear that 30 year…..I might have to fly out that way too for that one. That’ll be a MONSTER game if so….plus, thats the only other fans worthy of our respect in the division anyhow. And the food in KC is the ish…best BBQ in the country (only Memphis can argue they’re better)………

• 30 year raider

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:06 pm
    # 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

************************

##################

biggest game since super bowl…. 8 f-in yrs bro!!!! thats what i kept tellin people… man that first defensive series set the TONE FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!!MIAMI GAME HAS GOT TO BE HYPED UP TOOO!!! THE D FED OFF THAT!!

• Seymour Bush

# DMAC Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am

I wonder if the Donkeys have a chance against the Queefs?
    =================================================

No. The only chance any Bunco has is Josh McDaniels has an excellent chance of being right behind Wade Phillips in the unemployment line.

• Bauce 2 Dope

# 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:01 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

# 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:09 pm

***************************

You gotta LOVE IT!

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Hopefully some of ya’ll can show me some love and recommend where me and my heem can go tailgate. I’ll be up there for the Miami game after Thanksgiving!

• Seymour Bush

# Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:01 pm

===========================================

Gotta agree with Brien on this. That was a BAD loss for them. Triplett wanted to hand the game to them and Jacoby just ripped it from them and took their hearts with it. They barely squeaked by a winless Buffalo team and then lost a heartbreaker to us.They’ve already had their bye. Sucks to be them.

• Bauce 2 Dope

# SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

*******************************

The Privilege Scheme…yaddaimean? Man I’m down…..Miami game gonna be dope as well mayne….holiday time and big AFC matchup

• 504 Raider

We should be good after the bye. The Steelers are banged up and playing the Pats should bang them up even more.

• Seymore for President

All this positive press the Raiders are getting these days is starting to worry me… I hope it’s not going to the players heads. But man, it’s fun to read…

• 30 year raider

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MAYNE BAUCE AND HWNDER WERE KIND ENOUGH TO INVITE ME TO THERES… DID NOT MAKE IT CUZ OF THE RAIN… SOON AS U GET OFF BART AND GO OVER BRIDGE… HEAD TO THE LEFT ABOUT 1/4 MILE ALONG THE FENCE BY THE BRIGDE, YOU WILL FIND THE TAIL GATE WARRIORS.. KIRK AND UNCLE STAN TREATED ME AND MY HOMIES AWESOME!! BEST 20$ DOLLA I EVER SPENT… ITS A BYOB!! THEY DO HAVE SODAS FOR MIXERS… ARROZ CON POLLO WAS OFF THE CHAIN THAT UNCLE STAN MADE!!! THE CARNITAS, THE RIBEYES WERE D SHHHYYYTTT!!!!! HIGHLY RECCOMMEND!!!

• Bauce 2 Dope

Team Motto for 2010: If they are a mufugga in our way…then there is a mufugga who is not!

• Bauce 2 Dope

# 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

****************************

You cant lose at any tailgate in Oakland especially when we are feeling high!

• Seymore for President

Yeah, and I’m not a good speller.

• 30 year raider

Seymore for President Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

#######################

i thought about that too… i think they are feeding off of it in a good way tho… there getting inspired by it…

• Bauce 2 Dope

# Seymore for President Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

******************************

Hey ill take it……team needs to feel good….alot of guys in that locker room dont know what winning feels like

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Thats what it is then Bauce…I’ll have to make sure I chop it up with you b4 I make that hike up there. Came for that Jets game a couple years back when we won in OT..but I’m originally a KY down south boy living out here in SoCal (Oxnard) so I’m not too hip on Northern Cal and whatnot. Lookin’ forward to that game though my dude. Got love tickets too during a presale at the Raider Image store b4 the season started. Will be in sec 103 row 12….Let’s get it!!!

• DKnight007

1234567 Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am
    Peter King was on Colin Cowherd this morning and said the Raiders, right now, are a top ten team? So then what are the top ten teams?

^^^^^^^
    Who cares what those two clowns think.

Can’t stand either of them!

• Bauce 2 Dope

# Seymore for President Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Yeah, and I’m not a good speller.
    *******************

Hey i use to sniff much dust….its all good no one is perfect…this aint a spelling bee

• DMAC

Later peoples.
    Go A’s!
    Go DUBS!
    Go Cal Bears!
    Go Fremont High Tigers!
    Go Raiders!

• mistic1

# aig-raiders Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:43 am

Mistic,

I think the entire blog here pretty much remember your over hyping and over bloating of Japuke every effin day. You can put me on the the JC hating list and please dont ever take it off. I actually warmed up to him after Seatle but I have seen enough. I know he is JUNK.

I stand by my statement that he is about to get his a$$ handed to him in Pitt. You’re already scared this is about ot happen and you’re starting to give yourself wiggle room. WEAK!
    ==========================================================

Why do you continue to embarrass yourself? The notion that this team will go undefeated for the remainder of the season is far fetched in my opinion. I havent made any claims to the contrary. I could see the raiders struggling on the road in pitt, I have given the reasons.

Because we both believe that the team will struggle in pitt, I fail to see the point of your post.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Yeah, Colin loves to bash us. He surprisingly showed us some love yesterday though. Was sayin’ our fans are unlike any other and went thru the list: Pitt, Giants, Cowboys, Packers….Said the home crowd from TV looked like the craziest ish ever…..

• 30 year raider

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:24 pm
    # 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

****************************

You cant lose at any tailgate in Oakland especially when we are feeling high!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mayne the trees were flowing at will!!! FELT GREAT!!!THE WHOLE GAME!!!YYYYAAAAAAA….. I LOVE THE ESSAY THAT TOLD THE CHIEF DUDE “IF I SEE YOU WEARIN THAT MARCUS ALLEN JERSEY AFTER HALFTIME IM GONNA PHUK U UP”!!! MAN WE NEEDED TO MAKE A STAND FOR OURSELVES!!! WEVE BEEN THE PUNCHING BAG TOOOOOOOO DAAAAMMMM LOOONNNGG!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

• Bauce 2 Dope

# SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

***********************************

Cool bruh….dont trip….we in like Flynn…..anyhow….gonna catch yall later…Bauce gotta be out….JUST WIN…..BAUCE

• Bauce 2 Dope

# 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:24 pm
    # 30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

****************************

You cant lose at any tailgate in Oakland especially when we are feeling high!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

*********************************

You got it!

• Bauce 2 Dope

Before I leave…I just want to let yall know I left a spirited email to Colin Coward….and he knows if I ever see him….its funk on sight…..swear I’m gonna deck that guy

• mistic1

# NOLA Raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:56 am

How much is Mystink getting paid by Soup to suck his nuts?
    ===========================================================

Im afraid I missed your special on comedy central.

Do you have an actual football take?

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Trust, he’s probably too afraid to attend a Raider game. He kept saying yesterday how afraid he was to even watch the game from the crib on TV! He joked and said he told his kids to leave the room because he didn’t want them to see the Raider crowd….

• Seymour for President

I’n my humble opinion, I think that both Grads and JC are very mediocre QB’s. Why argue this point? As long as the team keeps winning, who cares who starts?

• Duct Tape

Jerrys been right so far about needing both QBs. We def will need both down the stretch with Grads being as breakable as he is.

I dont think we can get off to a slow start with the Steelers, the only reason that Cincy was in the game late was they didnt get closed out at the half. We def cannot as well.

I think the bye week couldnt have come at a better time, its the first bye week we have had late in the season for the past few years.

We do have an outside shot at the division title but will need to have a perfect record in the division, and hope that Indy takes care of SD and we get Indy after they have clenched their playoff spot and sit PM and other starters. Jax feels like a trap game, but a win over them will give us the advantage we need.

Or if we make a home stand and win the last three home games and steal one on the road wherever it may be, that will probably get the job done too.

I have a feeling that Norval will crash and burn this season. He is not a head coach, and I think we all know that. The one pretty good season they have had was the year after Marty was fired and it was his ghost that pushed the team forward.

If the Raiders get to the playoffs then I think they have a chance to go pretty far. I know, laugh and talk smack, but Im a fan and thats my opinion. It seems like every good team in this league has a soft spot this season and we really are playing good Defense. Our D line is smacking qbs around and getting a ton of pressure.

We need to hurry up and give Big Rich a contract to end his career here. I think he is the reason Kelly has started earning his money and the rest of the line looks alive with him in there.

I hope we can retain this whole team, along with Hue Jack. This is the first time in a long time I look at these guys as a TEAM and not as certain players who are good but chity as a whole.

Hats off to Jacoby, kid singlehandedly won that game.

• 30 year raider

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

####################
    HES A DEUCHE

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:31 pm

——————————–
    You ain’t gonna do nothing but Front on this blog all-day.

• Seymour for President

30 year raider Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:39 pm
    SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

####################
    HES A DEUCHE

********************
    I second that

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

————————————–
    Ahhh, so they’re over there selling dope & pills. I thought so.

• 30 year raider

Duct Tape Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Hats off to Jacoby, kid singlehandedly won that game.

###############

GOOD POST DOG…first off on ur indy comment i feel the same way, maybe theyll have there div rapped up and will be sitting some starters.. but if they do not wrap up there division by then i still think we can slap them around!!! i agree our d-line must continue to pressure.. gotta give big rich that 3 yr deal.. i say that will bring his career to an end in 3 seasons..

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

30 year – yeah he is…and my dumb behind gives him ratings just ’cause I love to hear him bash us, ’cause he’s gonna have to eat all those words when we’re back at the top of this league…. I got us going 10-6 this year too and thats easily enough to get Cable COY, and Colin will be forced to apologize and dedicate a whole show to the Raiders in a positive way….Just seeing or hearing him go thru that broadcast will be a joy in itself….

• 30 year raider

KoolKell Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:45 pm
    ————————————–
    Ahhh, so they’re over there selling dope & pills. I thought so.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i did not see anyone selling dope or pills…

• big pep

cambell starts. till he starts playing like he did againts tenn, ive warmed up to him but for all the fn talk about his big arm he completed one deep pass and that was at the end of the game. so as far as i can see, he doesnt have a big arm.

• 30 year raider

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:49 pm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    lets make him squirm!!!

• RaidingTexas

I called #12! CBSSports.com agreed. NFL Fanhouse agreed.

Now ESPN:

12 (16) Raiders 5-4 Only three AFC teams have more wins and only one other (the Jets) is 3-0 in its division. (Kuharsky)

• Seymour Bush

# KoolKell Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Bauce 2 Dope Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:31 pm

——————————–
    You ain’t gonna do nothing but Front on this blog all-day.
    ===========================================

Raiders are 3-0 old geezer. Undefeated. I just picked an arbitrary starting point like you’ve been doing the last few years. Now go check on your hearing aid batteries.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Big Pep – Don’t forget he’s had some solid deep balls that were dropped too though….I’m still mad Reece didn’t get his feet in for that one out of our own end, and Ford dropped an easy deep post down the middle (which was probably the turning point play that made Ford commit to making sure he makes some big plays to help the team win the game, considering he had one bounce off his before for an INT too). Campbell is doing fine…..dude just came to another new offense….he’s adjusting to the learning curve finally and the team is all the more better for it. Is he the greatest? No, but he’s our guy and he does have a big arm….(might not be the most accurate – Lol, but it is big!)

• 30 year raider

RaidingTexas Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:55 pm
    I called #12! CBSSports.com agreed. NFL Fanhouse agreed.

Now ESPN:

##################

raiding im in bedford tex bro… were u at???

• RaidingTexas

Hey 30 Year, I’m in Dallas. Well, Richardson at the moment working. But live in the University Park area.

• http://raiderchaos.blogspot.com RaiderChaos

78.Dakota Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:56 am
    Wish that damned lottery would pay off so I can drop this damned work BS!

_____________________________________________

A-F*cken men!!!

• 1234567

# DKnight007 Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 12:26 pm

1234567 Says:
    November 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am

^^^^^^^
    Who cares what those two clowns think.

Can’t stand either of them!

———————————————
    No one should care what either of them should think. I was asking, if there were a way to fit the Raiders into the top ten, as of now, what would the top ten be?