Asomugha unsure if he’ll face Steelers

Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha spent his bye week at the club facility rehabbing and said he doesn’t know if he’ll ready to to face the Steelers Sunday in Pittsburgh.

“I don’t know yet, but I’m moving around so that’s fine _ that’s good,” Asomugha said Monday during an open locker room session with the media.

Asomugha said his injury wasn’t the dreaded “high” ankle sprain which can take several weeks to heal, but noted, “it wasn’t high, but it wasn’t normal. I sprained it both ways, inside and out . . . so it was pretty serious.”

Initially, Asomugha was concerned about the rest of the season.

“I was pretty worried when it happened because I hadn’t felt that type of pain before,” Asomugha said. “Then they said there were no bone breaks or anything like that so I felt better. But it’s the most significant injury that I’ve had since my rookie year. Anything that forces me to miss a game is something that I think is serious.”

Asomugha said he didn’t know if he would practice Wednesday . . .

More to come . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• # The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:13 p

……………..

Yes, you did. And I’ll accept your apology in advance for accusing me of not “manning up” when I did so right away last Sunday.
    ————————
    saying it to keep others from dragging you through the mud isn’t the same as meaning it.
    you’ve done that before. then immediately go right back to the same comments.
    all designed to get someone to talk to you.
    you ever going to get a job? or are you still waiting for the state to spring for your bi-polar disability?

• Raider Dell

RMR

You also stated Kiffin would win the suit, now your backing away from that statement a few years back.

So for a guy who claims to be always right, you have some explaining to do.

I know, it’s always somebody else’s fault, like luck, or some other flunky excuse you’ll give.

• MR is getting SLAUGHTERED lmfao, what a d0uche bag…

LA,

I never said Nnamdi sucks. I know he’s a good player

in my opinion, DB’s are dime a dozen with a solid pass rush. the Raiders have that

CJ37 & Routt can get it done on Sunday. Huff & Branch are ready to rock. Our front seven on Defense is stuffing the run as good as any other team competing for a playoff spot.

Ware, Mitchell & Brown as reserves are average at the very least. good enough to catch a high floater after Seymour shoves Big Ben’s faskmask in the dirt

• Mistabrown

Lester Hayes made plays he didnt just cover his man.
    Mike Haynes made plays he didnt just cover his man.
    Deion Sanders made plays he didnt just cover his man.
    Revis makes plays he doesn’t just cover his man.
    Albert Lewis made plays he didnt just cover his man.

If you like overrated mediocrity #21 is your man.

• Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Oh, by the way, don’t try the back to back comment with two different names, It won’t fly.

——————

Fck off mang. There are plenty of people on this blog who can contest I am who I say I am. Fck you and MR.

• No Mas Diamante

That my be the dumbest post ever mistabrown. evidence? Nobody throws at him… nobody… btw revis has been getting beaten like a drum… lol at that post…

• inonewordraider

When Kobe sprains an ankle he plays next day, just saying…

• Raider Dell

St. Jimmy Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:27 pm
    Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

——————

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ok Jimmy, I’ll keep you out of the conversation with you as RMR.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

39.The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:17 pm
    # Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

A year ago, Pittsburgh was 6-2 before a five-game losing streak destroyed what had started out as a promising season.

************************

MR, I thought you said “good” teams rarely loos 2 in a row.

………………….

They do. Good teams rarely lose 2 in row. What you brought up is an “EXCEPTION”. Notice I said “RARELY”. I never said that good teams don’t ever lose 2 in a row. I said they rarely do. And it’s true.

*************

Yup

• Kobe is super-human. Nnamdi is just very good.

• Mistabrown

Nobody throws at #21?
    lmao

Did you watch NFL football last thanksgiving? A rookie named Miles Austin beat #21 like a drum. Since then he has been exposed as a VERY avg DB…ask P Rivers how scared he is of throwing at #21.

• Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Ok Jimmy, I’ll keep you out of the conversation with you as RMR.

—————

WTF is your problem with me azz hole? I am not fcking MR. I hate that fcking little pr1ck. Go fck yourself d1ck head.

• HayesDaze37

Tom Cable is swinging an iron sledge…forged of draft picks, trades, and free agent acquisitions made by the great Al Davis.

While the MR’s/KK’s of the world were taking shots at Al, he was doing as good a GM job as any executive in the NFL the past two seasons.

Tom Cable is head coach of the NFL’s most resurgent TEAM…because he has helped build the team concept that we so woefully lacked.

Tom Cable is a survivor. He has survived some of the most tumultuous years in NFL coaching history…and he has gained the trust and respect of his players, coaches, and even if we may not hear it right now, of The Man himself.

Al Davis is a redeemer. Al is the Great Redeemer. if there’s a guy who can be saved, or a career that can be prolonged…Al’s not afraid to take the chance.

Cable has done such a good job, even when the team was struggling out of the gate there were no fingers being pointed, or talk of coach-hate like there is in Minnesota right now.

Cable might be one of Al’s greatest saves. If he is, he’ll be HC of the Raiders for a long time coming.

• PassTheCheetos

Seriously people giving props to cj37 and bagging on nnamdi. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever maybe they dont remember the chargers game. Look at that tape cj37 got burned repeatedly.

• HayesDaze37 – Post 64, excellent comments about Cable, couldn’t agree more. Good post man.

• Mistabrown

Commitment to Excellence doesnt mean sh!t anymore thats why Raider fans slobber on themselves for guys like #21 & SeaPerch.

When you stink like hot garbage avg players look alright to those that have lowered the bar.

• olinesux

nmamdi needs to play…

• Mistabrown Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

——————–

LMFAO, are you seriously saying Nnam is average?

• Dirtiest Raccoon

63.St. Jimmy Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:31 pm
    Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Ok Jimmy, I’ll keep you out of the conversation with you as RMR.

—————

************

Dang MR why are you gettin so sassy? That time again?

• Fckn trolls out of the cave today I see….

• Dirtiest Raccoon

*********
    this is true.

• Cable is riding Hue’s coat tails, but if you guys believe that he has gone from a coach that can’t win to some super coach, keep drinking it up…..whatever makes you happy. lol

• Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

RMR

…………….

LOL. OK!

I was obviously wrong, totally wrong, in the most evil way, in predicting Kiffin would win in arbitration, too. Crucify me!

But can’t I still question the arbitrator? It’s insane. Al Davis admitted more than once in his press conference that he was really firing Kiffin for performance.

• Raider Dell

Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:30 pm
    St. Jimmy Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:27 pm
    Raider Dell Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

——————

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ok Jimmy, I’ll keep you out of the conversation with you as RMR.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jimmy

Before I go, how can you prove that, “There are plenty of people on this blog who can contest I am who I say I am.” quotes Jimmy.

You can’prove anything, that’s what you say to all of us RMR on this blog, when we catch you lying and using another name to justify your position as someone else on this blog, instead of the infamous Real Madden Raider.

It’s all good, your a main staple on here, I actually think your funny and a committed Raider. So don’t press to hard, and don’t defend your actions, you have earned the right to be hated. Just like Davis, two peas in a pod, right.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

73.Dakota Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

********

Why are you bad mouthin the NFL Coach of the year??

Seriously people giving props to cj37 and bagging on nnamdi.

***

who?

Brown said he’s overrated

I said we can win without him

How is that bagging on him or giving props to CJ37?

• RaiderLen

Afternoon Fellas,

Good to see the Raiders playing a meaningful game on Sunday.

Let’s Hope the meaningful games last until January.

Our O Line will determine the outcome of this game.

I expect our D Line to do their thing.

If Our O Line opens up some holes, and protects Campbell, we will Win.

Keep Nnamdi, unless We get value in trade.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

************

really lil Jimmy?? Like who?? Give us some names!

• NBC Sports – Pro Football TalkHardballTalkProBasketballTalkOut of BoundsNBC Sports – College Football TalkProHockeyTalkInside the IrishHomeLatest News & RumorsFantasy MillPFTV SegmentsTurd Watch

Police BlotterSuspensionsTeams

AFC Teams

BaltimoreBuffaloCincinnatiClevelandDenverHoustonIndianapolisJacksonvilleKansas CityMiamiNew EnglandNY JetsOaklandPittsburghSan DiegoTennesseeNFC Teams

ArizonaAtlantaCarolinaChicagoDallasDetroitGreen BayMinnesotaNew OrleansNY GiantsPhiladelphiaSt. LouisSan FranciscoSeattleTampa BayWashingtonDraft

Draft Order ChartDraft Trade ChartCFTOther Stuff

Live BlogsRadio ScheduleAbout

ContactFeedsAdvertisingPrivacy PolicyCFT GearSteelers will bring in kickers, could cut Jeff Reed
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 15, 2010, 4:41 PM EST
    Jeff Reed’s bad game in Pittsburgh Sunday night could be his last.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Pittsburgh is contemplating cutting Reed, the kicker whom the Steelers used the franchise tag to retain during the offseason.

The Steelers will bring in kickers for workouts on Tuesday, and if one of them is impressive enough, Reed will be out of work.

On Sunday Reed missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and complained afterward about the fans, the media and the turf at Heinz Field.

• 76.Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:37 pm
    73.Dakota Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

********

Why are you bad mouthin the NFL Coach of the year??

++++++++++

What? I didn’t say one bad word about Hue Jackson!

• HayesDaze37 Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

………………

Al’s doing a fine job right now. But do you really want to get this cocky? You’re acting as if the Raiders just won the Super Bowl. They won 3 straight. It’s big. I for one said Al would never do it again. So far, about all the Raiders have accomplished is winning 3 straight and proving a lot of naysayers wrong. I think it might be a bit soon, however, to start giving out awards and thank yous, as if we’re hoisting the Lombardi on the 50 yard line after the Super Bowl. Relax, buddy. There’s a lot of season left. We’re playing good football, but as Gruden would always say when he was here, and was asked about the success, “We have a long, LONG way to go”.

• You know Raider Dell, for some reason I think you happen to be the one who is actually RMR using two different monikers. I was attacking RMR about his stance on young Lance, now you are all over me like a cheap suit, coincidence, I think not? Matter of fact, it has been a VERY long time since you have posted on this blog. Coincidence? I think not. Got your azz handed to you, so you went “back” to the Raider Dell moniker.

Nevermind mang, you a fcker, not wasting my time with you anymore.

• Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

************

really lil Jimmy?? Like who?? Give us some names!

——————————

Wow, you are Racoon too? Lame man…

• I have to admit, it’s bittersweet seeing all of the people being accused of being me. On one hand, it’s great to see that my points of view are so popular, however it’s a little troubling seeing the hostile reaction of people being mistaken as me. It’s as if they’re accused of being Hitler. LOL.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

81.Dakota Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:39 pm
    76.Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:37 pm
    73.Dakota Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

********

Why are you bad mouthin the NFL Coach of the year??

++++++++++

What? I didn’t say one bad word about Hue Jackson!

********************

LOL LOL LOL….

• HayesDaze37

There are a number of users in here (such as MR), and others in this forum right now, who use numerous aliases…even starting convo’s between their own aliases to continue the ruse (and feed that need for attention).

Their standard M.O. is to throw out the right inflammatory remark, or ask for a retort to a stupid or innane question, and hope someone jumps on the merry-go-round…never to be let off of it.

That’s how that works.

• Raider Dell

Im only messing with you St. Jimmy, relax.

• Raider Dell

St. Jimmy Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Nevermind mang, you a fcker, not wasting my time with you anymore.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Typical Real Madden Raider response. You are too funny, man!!

I’ve seen that comment, in the blog, before and lo and behold, the Real Madden Raider has said the exact same comment also.

RMR, it’s all good, enjoy, your team that’s on a winning streak. Have a great day, peace young man.

• PassTheCheetos

#21 have a seat, get yourself healthy for FA. No longer needed here…
    —–example of someone bagging on nnamdi
    #21 will make the same # of plays in his designer queer as folk jeans as he will in a Raider uni. With him on the sidelines Routt & CJ will actually make a play. No worries Aso…

I hope #21 reads this blog or one of homies gets in his ear. Your scholarship has expired!

The end
    ——————example of someone giving props to nnamdi while saying cj37 will actually make plays.

• Dirtiest Raccoon

St. Jimmy Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:41 pm
    Dirtiest Raccoon Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

************

really lil Jimmy?? Like who?? Give us some names!

——————————

Wow, you are Racoon too? Lame man

**********

You are one sharp tack.

• PassTheCheetos

cj37 reminds me too much of phillip buchanon. Makes plays but gives up more that he puts back in.

• LOL. This is great. But do those of you who are being accused of being me have to reject the label so resoundingly? LOL. That hurts.

• Nnamdi21

Raiders lead divison but no division on QB

I think alot of people don’t remember how bad Grads was playing before the injury…

I can see why people would think Grads would be better against Pitt, but not sure he should get the nod even if…

• PassTheCheetos

#93 lol. being you is apparently the biggest insult anyone on this blog can level on someone.

• Just Fire Baby

Nnamdi is a different type of DB.

Deangelo leads the NFL in int’s and yards allowed.

Nnamdi has zero interceptions and leads the league in least amount of yards given up.

I’ll take the guy who never gives up major azz, by compensating the lack of INT’s.

• HayesDaze37 Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

That’s how that works.

————-

It’s stupid and immature really. This azz clown Raider Dell “supposedly” returns, and all the fckn trolling begins, coincidence? This blog has been decent for a while, until now.

• Cheetos, evidently that’s the case, and I’d be lying if I said I weren’t offended. But I also have to take a little pride in the fact that so many people seem to be projecting my viewpoints, hence the accusations of being me they’re getting in return.

• PassTheCheetos Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

———————————

Certainly is, I take this sh1t personal. To even suggest I am MR, you might as well kick me in the ballz and shave my dog… Can’t get anyworse.

• olinesux

i dont wanna see that deer on the headlights look from cambell..play hard jason