Jarvis Moss to replace Scott?

According to what appears to be a registered Twitter account for former Denver Broncos first-round draft pick Jarvis Moss, the Raiders have their answer to Trevor Scott’s season-ending ACL injury.

A message on the registered account of JMossVsJarvis says: “So it’s official! I’m an Oakland Raider! God is good thank him.”

Of course, nothing is really official until the Raiders say it is. And until Scott is placed on injured reserve, creating a spot on the roster, moves that could be announced when the club convenes Wednesday to begin preparing to face the Miami Dolphins.

Scott is a former first-round draft pick, the No. 17 overall selection out of Florida in 2007. He never exhibited the pass rush skills the Broncos expected and he was waived last week with 3.5 career sacks, going unclaimed.

The Web site Broncotalk includes former teammates responding to Moss signing with Oakland.

If Moss indeed comes aboard, that means Quentin Groves will could remain a weakside linebacker instead of switching back to defensive end, a position he played ineffectively in Jacksonville.

Moss wouldn’t be the first player to break news of being a Raider on Twitter. Groves did the same thing after being traded from Jacksonville.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• mistic1

# inonewordraider Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 10:31 am

mistic1 Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 10:11 am
    This cant be about jc vs. grads. In a season like this, with cable still fighting to keep his job he cant afford to yo-yo the qbs. Im afaraid this debate is over becuase he has painted himself into a corner. The abbra -caddabraa, pull a grads out of the hat routine has been exposed as a desperation move which is largely ineffective. Not because one guy is better than the other, but because the staff must show leadership and stick to a guy he named as the starter.

Cable has been as flaky as a pie crust. From meeting room beat downs, to clumsy qb meltdowns, to buffet table chow downs. His win loss record is atrocious and he is hanging on by a thread. Flip flopping qbs goes against what cable has preached about staying the course and those other cliches he uses. When you lose, and your wishy washy, you wont be coaching the oakland raiders for long.

Let me ask you this, would you draft Denard Robinson or J Harris from Miami? What about acquiring Troy Smith or Tavaris Jackson?
    ===========================================================

First off I dont know how this question pertains to my post in the least.

T jackson has won and has play off experience. He played in a passing offenses and backed up favre. He has a strong arm, but has turned the ball over. Has he become a better qb over the last two years being the back up? He would be another low risk option, he clearly can compete with jc and grads.

T. Smith is also a good low risk option. Smith has only 5 career starts and is 3-2 as a starter with 5 tds and 2 ints. He has a 300yd game in a come from behind win this year. He makes every throw, and likes to go down the field when the play breaks down.

Both of these guys are worth a sniff, both can compete with any qb on our roster.

I personally dont consider Harris and Robinson nfl qbs at this point. Nor do i think they will become or develope into nfl qbs. There are too many reasons to list.

• SilverNBlackPA

Jimbo Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 10:49 am
    I wonder if it was really true that JaMarcus wouldn’t have fallen less than #3 overall. Is that just comfort speak to Al Davis, or was he just punk’d by the rest of the NFL?

+++++++++++++++

From everything i’ve read, it’s true. Phil Savage, then the GM of the Browns, thought very highly of JaMarcus. He had known him since high school. Who knows, maybe he even could’ve succeeded there.

• RaidingTexas

I definitely wanted Calvin Johnson in that draft! No disagreement there at all.

• SilverNBlackPA

I know anyone can say anything after the fact, but I wanted Calvin Johnson. Imagine if we had him now.

+++++++++

Would be crazy. I know y’all just have to take my word for it, but I’m really not lying when I say I wanted them to take Joe Thomas. I thought maybe Andrew Walter could still pan out if he actually had more than .00005 seconds to throw the ball.

Just goes to show how much I really know, which clearly isn’t a lot

• Jimbo

+++++++++++++++

*********

Well that speaks to Phil Savage’s judgment and why he no longer is a HC in the NFL.

• RaidingTexas

Perhaps Cleveland would have taken him #3. Who knows? You’re only reinforcing my point, though. No GOOD teams with COMMON SENSE were taking him that high.

• 504 Raider

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 8:39 am
    Young has started 47 games and played in a total of 54 games since being drafted in 2006.

8098 yards, 42 TD’s, 42 INT’s. Sacked 75 times

Overall QB Rating of 75.7

Also has 1380 rushing yards and 12 TD’s on the ground

fumbled 38 times (12 lost)

Same # of touchdowns & turnovers

Averages less than 150 passing yards and 1 TD per game

————————————————————————————————————–

I like to see stats but this is a classic example of what (Warren, I hate to say, Sapp) means when he says “stats are for losers.”

Vince Young is 30-17 as a starter.

• L.A. Raider Dave

Lame comments today.

Perhaps Cleveland would have taken him #3. Who knows?

***

the colors turd brown & orange would have suited Jammy REAL WELL imo

Vince Young is 30-17 as a starter

***

504, Jeff George would have been 40-7 with the same supporting cast

I wonder what the Donks owner thinks of that Jay Cutler trade now?

Bears are 1st place in that division. Donks are last place in ours

Jarvis Moss played with Raiders receiver Louis Murphy in 2005 and 2006.

It goes without saying that the Raiders love to stockpile former first-round draft picks, and Moss makes 14.

-SF Gate

• http://tobeornottobethatisthequestion.edu St. Jimmy

361.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 11:21 am
    I wonder what the Donks owner thinks of that Jay Cutler trade now?

Bears are 1st place in that division. Donks are last place in ours

————————

He probably forgot, dude had Alzheimers..

• LA to TheBay

I wonder what the Donks owner thinks of that Jay Cutler trade now?
    —————————-

Well, Orton has like double the yardage abd a far better rating doesn’t he? Cutler’s only edge is that Bears D.

• Silver-and-black666

Cuntler is a loser a real “Me” guy. He has talent but will never live up to his potential because of his arrogance and self centered demeanor.

• LA to TheBay

What’s out record down the stretch and do we beat a heavyweight like SD or Indy?

A) 6-0
    B) 5-1
    C) 4-2
    D) 3-3
    E) 2-4 or worse

• LA to TheBay

our record*

We all feel mad as hell over what happened. We were the takers and not the givers. We got the tables turned on us. It’s a good lesson for us. There’s a lot to play for this season, and it starts this week – Tom Cable

There were some things we did (that contributed to the loss) more than them, but I’m not taking anything from the Steelers – they beat the crap out of us. I told the guys, remember this experience. It sucks. It hurts. It’s humbling. The only thing you can do is go to work. – Mike Mitchell

As a team, it’s just a game we’ve got to put behind us, we’ve got to learn from it and we’ve got to bounce back. We’re still 5-5. All our games are still ahead of us and this is just a minor setback. – Jason Campbell

I think we’ll handle it like professionals. We’re still in the hunt, still in the race – Bruce Gradkowski

We’re always going to expect to run the ball. A strong point of our team is to run the ball. That’s what we were planning to do. This is going to be a motivation for us. – Darren McFadden

***

pretty good leadership on this team

Meanwhile, Nnamdi Asomugha is chatting it up with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon (who Al Davis hates) about Sunday’s loss that he didn’t even play in and the so-called QB controversy thats none of his business

• LA to TheBay

————

Meaning he’s not a leader?

Nnamdi needs to be flushed.

trade him to Philly for Kevin Kolb and the Eagles 1st rounder.

Dont talk to me about N21 being untradeable because of his contract either. Remember Randy Moss was traded to NE for a 4th rounder and prompty worked out a new deal to get them under the cap

• LA to TheBay

I’d rather trade him for Vick straight up.

Kolb has yet to do anything in this league. Only way we let Nnamdi go is for a franchise guy.

Meaning he’s not a leader?

***

has he ever been?

I know he’s a cornerback, but come on man. I never see this guy fired up yelling at people or coaching them up on the sidelines. he does his job and goes home. thats called a role player. same with McClain

• Silver-and-black666

Vick is inconsistent and will screw up soon he is a high risk do NOT trade for him!!!

• PurpleDrank81

I would give away half my family and Nmandi to have vick on the squad….

• LA to TheBay

Michael Vick, PHI
    Dennis Dixon, PIT
    Billy Volek, SD
    Kerry Collins, TEN
    Chris Simms, TEN
    Rex Grossman, WAS

Tom Brady and Peyton have been left off the list for obvious reasons.

• PurpleDrank81

I havent seen him inconsistent yet this year

• LA to TheBay

Sorry, those were 2011 FA QBs.

if Vick gets a mega-deal in Philly i’ll be very surprised. He’s on a very short leash (no pun intended)

I don’t think he’ll go to the highest bidder either.

I think he’ll resign a modest deal and they’ll go 8-8 next year after telling Kolb to pack his bags. Then Kolb (like Schaub) will end up being a better pro QB over the long haul

• PurpleDrank81

Im pretty sure were signing Alex Smith next year…Lmao I would commit suicide if we did….

• Jimbo

^^^^^^^^

Not untradeable, just not for what you think he’s worth. Only a handful of owners want to pay what he’s making. They may tinker with the contract, but no way he is taking less base money than he gets now.

I am all for trading him away for even a 3rd rounder. He’s on the other side of 30 and his salary drags down other positions of need.

I love Nnamdi, but he needs to be shopped. If he can be a chip that brings us a QB like Luck, I am all for shipping him off.

• Jimbo

The leader of the Raiders right now is our hot tempered DT. He just needs to say “Woosah, woosah” a few times as he walks back to the huddle.

• LA to TheBay

RRS,

has he ever been?

———————–

Don’t think I disagree with you, just curious that’s what you meant.

If you can get a franchise QB, maybe. Who’s gonna give one up though?

Nnamdi to NE for a 1st, lol? Would have to then trade up to get Luck. There may be 2 QBs taken in the top 10.

Also, think you gotta give McClain a pass at least for his rookie season.

• PurpleDrank81

Alex Smith and his father complaing about there Girlish hands….

LA, Orton signed a 1 year extension. cross him off your list. I’ll be VERY surprised if Chad Pennington sticks around too. he’s done

Collins will re-sign with the Titans and compete with or back up whatever QB they trade up and draft

• LA to TheBay

LA, Orton signed a 1 year extension

Ok, gotcha. Well, he was the best one on there. Oh well.

Im pretty sure were signing Alex Smith next year

***

PD81, I wouldn’t be surprised. Al Davis loves former 1st rounders!

open competition between Campbell, Smith & Boller next year. R U READY ???

• Jimbo

Also, think you gotta give McClain a pass at least for his rookie season.

********

Agree

• YoungAmerican

From that list, Orton and Thigpen are the only ones I would really consider. Maybe Troy Smith or Dennis Dixon, too.

Vick won’t be let go by the Eagles. Orton might not be let go by the Broncos, either.

• PurpleDrank81

I’d rather have CONDO be our QB

• LA to TheBay

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 11:58 am
    Im pretty sure were signing Alex Smith next year

***

PD81, I wouldn’t be surprised. Al Davis loves former 1st rounders!

open competition between Campbell, Smith & Boller next year. R U READY ???

————————-

Scary, cause it’s possible.

• Jimbo

If Grads can help this team get to the playoffs, I’d like to see him continue to start. But if JC blows the last 6 games, I’d like them to blow up the roster, at least the Qb side. I am growing impatient.

• PurpleDrank81

And the raiders selct Colin Kaepernick from Nevada in the 5th round

heads up!

JaWalrus will compete with whatever QB the Bungles draft … unless Carson Palmer takes a massive pay reduction to stay with the Cincy criminals

you heard it here first

• Jimbo

Carson Palmer has a noodle arm and shot confidence. I’d not want him on my team. Maybe holding a clipboard. He has David Carritis.

• Jimbo

Orton is a dam good QB. He has really shocked me with his improvement over his career.

• Jimbo

LA to TheBay Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 11:39 am

A) 6-0
    B) 5-1
    C) 4-2
    D) 3-3
    E) 2-4 or worse

^^^^^^^^

C), 50-50 we make the playoffs if we do this.

• inonewordraider

with that qb list Bruce Almighty keeps sounding better and better, Carson Palmer wouldn’t be bad he was pretty damn good a couple years back, protypical Davis QB with a big arm

• inonewordraider

Lame comments today.

We’re all dying for you insights

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

When Gradkowski loses, he, unlike Campbell, appears to be putting forth maximum effort…

Regardless, a loss is a loss.

We a need a QB…a bonafide NFL QB.

• mikedlopes

Anyone know anything about Tavaris Jackson/Vince Young? Any chance they end up in Oaktown?

Any other prospects via trade/draft?