Lechler says he’ll play

Raiders punter Shane Lechler told the media he plans on playing Sunday when the Raiders host the Indianapolis Colts.

In case he can’t, punter Danny Baugher was officially added to the practice squad and Quentin Scott was released.

More to come later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• JB

Collie out for Sunday’s game. On IR.

• You dont change your game plan or what works just because some mope like Freeney flapped his gums. We will run where we see fit, allover and everywhere that includes Freeney but the entire Colt Def is needs to be smashed.

If you want to follow KK down the road of idiocy be my guest but consider the source!
    ______

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I’m just a semi-pro blogger, but this is exactly what I’d do. Run it straight at Freeney & Session.

• Way to sack up Shane!

Tell your buddy SeaPerch he cost us the playoffs in Ariz, thanks in advance.

• JB

Put Nnamdi on Reggie Wayne all day long. Bring in the big nickel D and double the TE & bracket the other WR. Strong rush by the front 4 to keep the pressure on Manning.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Alex7,

you are confusing cover 2 with tampa 2, Regardless of the version both defenses keep the safeties deep, forcing the offense to throw underneath the deep safeties

bone up a little, and be informed

• KK, you wont see anything from your section 8 house will you the game is likely blacked out.

Buy a ticket with your purp lips stimulus check and stimulate the economy! You can even bring your supermodel wife with you to the game!
    _______

KoolKell Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 11:58 am

I’d like to see the Raiders run left at Freeney all day. Veldheer & Gallery, baby!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Not only can we run on this team, I doubt that the line backers can cover dmac, z miller, or reece underneath the safeties and in the seams.

• SilverNBlackPA

Mista,

I’d run it at Freeney not because he ran his mouth, but because he’s an average run defender and Clint Session is a light, oft-injured weakside ‘backer. Pat Angerer on the strongside is a much better run defender than Session and Mathis can be a bit more disciplined at staying home against the run.

• SilverNBlackPA

This is the game for Ford, Murphy and DHB to hopefully shine. Their secondary is absolutely riddled with injuries.

• Marshall needs to blitz Manning early & often unless the front 4 can put enormous pressure on him. If he has time back there he will have his way with us.

#21 if you want to step your game up and make a play I guess week 15 is a good place to start! Routt, CJ, Huff, Branch, and MM has made their fair share feel free to join in on the fun!

• HairyBush

yo

• SilverNBlackPA

I’d feel much better if Campbell had a quicker release to neutralize the speed rush from Freeney & Mathis.

Run, run, run, then run some more and go heavy on the 3 step drops. Absolutely no 7 steps. That’s asking for trouble with the speed rushers of the Colts and Campbell’s tendency to fold before a bigtime pass rush.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# MistaTheGuru Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:23 pm

=======================================================

terrible mistake to blitz manning too often, they will dink and dunk you to death. better to jam the wrs and be really physical with them. let our natural pressure do most of the work. mix in the occasional blitz up the gut.

• I would attack them everywhere there is opportunity and stay within what we do that works. If you block the other guy the play will be a success no matter if its Freeney, Mathis or Angerer.

• The Dirtee Raccoon

Pound BUSH!

• The Dirtee Raccoon

The Darker the Bush the Sweeter the Berry!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# SilverNBlackPA Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:26 pm

=====================================================

Slow down freeny and mathis with power running right at them. Use play action passing, and and draws to take advantage of the overly agressive freeny and mathis.

• Thats why I said “if” the front 4 doesn’t get at him and I dont mean occasionally I mean OFTEN! Jamming the WR is nice but thats not enough Manning will slice us up if given 3 seconds back there to look around.

• A wet grass field is going to slow down those Indy smufs on Def.

Someone on our D line needs to make sure Manning has mud on his face!

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

SilverNBlackPA,

Agreed. See Cutler (who I can’t stand) release that ball on the quick fake…If JC can develop that skill, Miller, et al, would be open all day.

A clean JC uniform and steady pounding the Rock like a Thai whore on fleet week (over you Kool Kell for input) is the key.

• Lowdown, you ever had a body massage in Pattaya? Oh my god.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Word…and price is not an issue.

2) Mendanau (Philipines..becuase of price)

3) Guangzhao…awesome selection

4) Akasa…more expensive but the dames are fresh.

• Quentin Scott is cut while Hartwell Brown sticks?! WTF?

• Trade Jon Condo for a Thai whore on fleet week!

• JB

# Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:27 pm

# MistaTheGuru Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:23 pm

=======================================================

********************

100% correct! Any WR crossing no man’s land within the 5 yard limit should be neutralized and “disabled” for the remainder of the game by our LB’s & safeties. Romac should lay some people out, ala Sproules style, if they dare get into his area. Do NOT allow the dink & dunks. Put some real hurt on them.

• HairyBush

I was going to say who the hell is Quinton Scott

• HairyBush

I understand I an a bias Raider fan, but don’t you think most of the country would rather watch Oak/Ind for the Sun nite game as opposed to watching Phi pummel a pathetic Min team? I could see If Phi/Min was the original Sun nite game but it was flexed in over the SD/Cin game. Raiders and Indy have more at stake and is going to be a lot more competitive and interesting. Just sayin.

• HairyBush

*am

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# SilverNBlackPA Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:26 pm

===================================================

The quick passing short drop game is exactly the type of passing attack this tampa / cover 2 was designed to foil.

You must send receivers deep to get the deep safeties to back pedal then run backs and tights and wrs underneath the vertical routes. This exposes seams in the zones, in order to do that play action deep drops.

• Hairy,
    We literally stunk and been a embarrassment on prime time the last 6 years. Id rather we get back on prime time when we are more consistent.

Imagine if the our game against SF was on MNF!

• Never been to Mindanao, but, Olongapo, oh my goodness!!!!!!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

bay area tv qb match ups

campbell vs. manning

t. smith vs. bradford

vick vs. webb

I will be stuck on the couch all day long

• KK, why are you talking asian brothels on a sports blog?
    Just because you dont attend the games doesn’t mean you cant talk football in here..

• MistaTheGuru Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:52 pm

KK, why are you talking asian brothels on a sports blog?
    —————————-
    Because I can, BrownStains.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Im not judging, but since when is being a trick something to brag about?

Funny

• KK, why are you 58 and call people names in a blog like 15 yr old ?

• Jaxom

KoolKell Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:37 pm
    Lowdown, you ever had a body massage in Pattaya? Oh my god.

KK I’m sure you really got off on those Lady-Boys body massages in Pattaya Beach, Thailand, (also for you, not Lazy-Boy recliners).

• KK, you colonialist pig.

• I suppose your brothel posts are more entertaining than reposting tired stats 18 hrs a day, carry on.
    ______

KoolKell Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Because I can, BrownStains.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

K2,

Geez son, hope you get checked regularly!

Dude, what is with the repressed ho-mo with the mad fetish for purple lips?

Dude is seriously trying to impress you with his “quick wit”…if you had pigtails he’d being pulling those too and trying to snap your bra.

Bet you get a secret Valentines card…

And can some please be sure to tell Kahlif Barnes the freaking snap count???

Dude is insto 5 yard penalty…

• HairyBush

MistaTheGuru Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 pm
    Hairy,

Imagine if the our game against SF was on MNF!
    —————————
    I understand what your saying, I guess it’s like Jerry Mac’s mind set of “show me”. I do believe this game regardless of if we win or not will be competitive. I don’t think it will have been like our previous prime time experiences (had it been flexed in). I think Oak is up to the challenge as opposed to the egg they laid in SF. I think the team is starting to “get it”. You can’t take any game lightly. It’s good to see as the season evolves so are the Raiders. IMO

• KK?
    You’ve been asked a question…
    lol
    ____

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Im not judging, but since when is being a trick something to brag about?

Funny

• hwnrdr

Troy Smith got the starting job back frm Alex Smith?

• Aaaaah, those were the days, Lowdown.

• Hairy, by game time we could be out of the playoffs and mailing it in. Not the best game to put on prime time. Next year we will be ready for prime time…DMAC, Ford, Miller, and McClain are the reasons.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Alex was Singeltary’s “Hail Mary”…he was hoping to keep his job.

Now that he has lost his job and Gruden will be signed, the Yorks have stepped in and put Troy on the field.

Hate the 49ers but Troy is entertaining and effective.

Was hoping we would have signed him as Hue has knowledge of his abilities.

K2 he likes you!

• # HairyBush Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:46 pm

…….

The NFL has become a star driven league like the NBA. It has nothing to do with competitive football. This is Vick versus Favre.

• DaTruth91

@ Mistatheguru:

^^^^^^
    How can u say Nnamdi hasent stepped up, do u know anything about football??? and U think Routt and CJ have played better.hahaha, ur a joke if u belive that. Nnamdi will come to play, and watch how many times Payton( the smartest QB) targets him this game

• Lowdown

That moron is always trying to impress me. Sooooo tiring. lol.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# hwnrdr Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Troy Smith got the starting job back frm Alex Smith?

=======================================================

just reported by nfl network