Raiders live chat today at noon with Jerry McDonald

Join Jerry McDonald’s final in-season Raiders live chat today (Tuesday) at noon PST as he looks ahead toward Oakland’s game at Kansas City as well as the team’s possible off-season moves.

Jon Becker

• JLofty

No 909 that was just a backhand…

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

alex7 Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 3:23 pm
    I loved Jerry’s reply about us running the ball more on Sunday.

“As long as you’re fine with running on second-and-12, third-and-9, and can live with the punt when you don’t get it.”
    ——————————
    He also said he wished the Raiders ran inside more, you lying p.o.s.

• Silver-and-black666

KK that was funny admit it most all other bloggers are laughing about it why can’t you?

• CDERaider

# KoolKell Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Whatever momentum the Raiders will accrue this year, will be squandered by Al Davis’ 6 month Coaching Search.

_____

Yeah – he won’t exercise Cable’s option until right before the combine and that’s only if Hue does not get a HC offer (which he won’t IMO, unless its the Bengals). So all that will do is, A) piss off Cable and show he really doesn’t have Al’s confidence B) piss off the players who want Cable back (apparently many do – watch the Lechler interview) and C) leave a hole in our the 2011 preparation that happens between the end of the season and the combine.

I really hope Al makes a definitive decision immediately following the season, either option Cable right away or name Hue the HC so he has time to setup shop. The worst thing he can do is wait until the last minute. If Hue is his choice, then we also need 2 new coordinators because you know Marshall is gone regardless. Plus there will be new offensive staff brought in by Hue as well – so there needs to be time for all that.

Personally, I think staying with Cable one more year is the best bet. Exercise his 1 yr option and give him a playoff or fired directive for 2011. Let the rebuilding continue under the same staff – sans Marshall of course. If we don’t make the playoffs next year, then let him go then. Hue isn’t going anywhere, he’s under contract till 2012 – plus I don’t think he has the credentials for an HC gig this point in his career, especially with the bigger names with SB titles out there (Gruden, Cowher, Billick, others) looking for gigs.

• McRaider5150

alex7 Says:
    Kansas City let a smart guy from New England come in and run the show.

To Al, that’s a crazy idea.

I think Al, is afraid that what happen with Josh D in Denver will happen in Oakland if he gives up control.

More likely to happen if you hire another Lame Kiffin, but not is you hire a Bill Cower.

• M Lonetree

admit it, jerrymac has the wherewithal and dexterity to deal with all of the nitwits here and their repetitive crapola requests to bolster their own points of view during his liveblog weekly. yes, I understand that his bread is buttered by the bloghits here but JasonCampbell kids the man has never done poorly by us. Fearless Leader may be trite at times but he does come through.

• McRaider5150

unless all gives up his desire to control the team, there is NO reason to change coaches. Cable has been able to work with All better than any coach since gruden.

Not even sure I should count Gruden since we had a GM as buffer.

So maybe if he hires a GM, he can get a new coach.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

207.McRaider5150 Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Not even sure I should count Gruden since we had a GM as buffer.

So maybe if he hires a GM, he can get a new coach.
    ————————–
    Exactly, why bother?

• McRaider5150

#204

I have to disagree with you one that.

Al usually handles his coaching business just before, or right after the Super Bowl.

• M Lonetree

KoolKell for GM!!!!!!!
    you can tell Al what’s what! No need for another!
    expertise personified! KK!

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

——————————
    I don’t knowabout that. That was the conventional wisdon years ago, today…………..all I remember is the long drawn out BS, waay after the SB, and a unknown scrub coming in.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I can remember the Raiders being un represented by a HC at the combines, recently.

When did Shell get hired, draft day?

How long was Cable strung along last year?

That counter-productive nonsense leaves everybody hanging, franchise too.

• M Lonetree

For all of you who deign to read AD’s mind, I hope you have some degree of control of your own thoughts because you’all have far less knowledge of what it takes and means to run an NFL franchise than the Old Man does. Move on and try to run a Pop Warner team first.

• Mike Davis 36

192.KoolKell Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 3:14 pm
    Kansas City was 4-12 last year, too. You need a management with vision, the same vision.

***********************************

Chiefs are nothing special. They’ll be lucky to win one playoff game and then we’ll see how they do next year when they have to play a first place schedule. But to their credit, they’re in the playoffs. I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.

• alex7

Cable went to the combine without a contract.

McRaider,

The Chiefs brought in a CEO that had already proved his merit with New England.

That’s a far cry from bringing in a young coach and giving him GM power.

I’m hoping Al gets desperate enough when we go 6-10 next year and goes for option 1 at some point in his final decades.

• alex7

I feel all warm and special when my team makes the place.

The Chiefs are special.

Pro-Bowl talent at QB, RB, WR. That’s special.

Also, getting 1st place in your division only affects TWO games next year. Not that big of a change.

• alex7

whoops, makes the playoffs.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

213.M Lonetree Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

———————————
    Agreed. However this is what this blog is for. I’ve scrutinizedd Al Davis for over 40 years. I know what I’m doing.

• alex7

KC is set up to win the division for years to come.

Cassell is in his 3rd year, Bowe in his 4th, Jamaal Charles in his 2nd or 3rd.

Scott Pioli running the show = solid drafts.

Haley as coach = no BS, also knows when to punt and when to go for it.

They also have the smartest assistants in the division.

• M Lonetree

Mike Davis36,

yeah, the Chefs had the cupcake schedule this year, but according to a supposed next year they’ll have the Pats and Jets and Bears and Pack at home, as will the Dolts (as per NFL rules – teams play Oak-Den or SD-KC in the rotation) and Oak will have the Pats, Jets, Bears and Pack on the road. Another easier street for the STDKCs.

• Just Fire Baby

I’ve scrutinizedd Al Davis for over 40 years. I know what I’m doing.

*******************************************

LMAO

• McRaider5150

KoolKell Says:

When did Shell get hired, draft day?

How long was Cable strung along last year?

That counter-productive nonsense leaves everybody hanging, franchise too.
    ————————–
    First of all I did say “Usually” not sure how accurate you are that Shell was hired on Draft Day.
    As for Cable and last year, jsy because the media did not know if Cable was coming back, doesn’t mean that Cable didn’t know.

• M Lonetree

KoolKell,

40 years ago you did not even understand what the word scrutinize defined.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

221.Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 4:01 pm
    I’ve scrutinizedd Al Davis for over 40 years. I know what I’m doing.

*******************************************

LMAO
    ————————
    But it’s true. ;-)

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

New post

• Mike Davis 36

Yeah, but those two ‘optional’ games will be Pittsburgh and the Colts. This year’s were Cleveland and the Bills. Not that big of a change? Regardless, I’m just not that impressed by the Chiefs. If you are, good for you.

• McRaider5150

KK,
    Art Shell was hired February 11, 2006.

• M Lonetree

Alex,

time to get your KC b^ttlicking dress on. Haley, Weiss, Crommel…so brilliant…years to cum…sure…franchise of the decade…sure…oh yeah, put it all on the line in Vegas, go for it…not a chance…but go for it anyway and then come back and tell us you had it dialed in.