Cable wishes Raiders (players, coaches) well

Former Raiders coach Tom Cable, newly annointed as the assistant head coach and line coach of the Seattle Seahawks, kept his regularly scheduled appearance on Sirius NFL Radio Wednesday night.

Cable talked a lot about his new job with the Seahawks and chose not to address what transpired with regard to owner Al Davis and the Tuesday press conference in which his former boss outlined his transgressions and the reasons for docking him $120,000 in fines.

Here’s what Cable told hosts Bryan McGovern and Gil Brandt:

How he felt about leaving Oakland, his feelings about what happened Tuesday at the press conference, and his thoughts about successor Hue Jackson

“I think first and foremost, I felt honored for the opportunity to coach those players. Those players there, and those assistant coaches that were with me, what a great group of people, and they did accomplish a lot. It’s a really good team now in terms of where it’s headed next. It’s kind of built its foundation, it’s up on its feet now.

“ As I mentioned, you can’t laugh at ‘em any more. You can’t do those kind of things. It had been through a lot of hard times because of some decisions and things that were made. Now, I think that group of players, moving forward, they can do something really cool, and I hope they do. I’m proud of ‘em. I was very honored to coach ‘em, and work with those assistant coaches, and that’s how I feel about it.

“It’s behind me now, and you’ve got to move forward. That’s really what’s the NFL’s all about. For them moving forward, I wish Hue the best, and for him and those players to do something with it now because it’s in place and it’s set up to do that. That’s my feelings.

Brandt telling Cable that they appreciate his contributions to Sirius and consider him even a better person than a football coach

“Well, I appreciate that a ton, Gil I really do. Both Bryan and yourself, you’ve really been awesome. My future is good, and I’ll have another chance to do that again. It’s not going to be in Oakland, obviously, and we’ve all got to move forward, that’s really what it comes down to. You can’t cry over spilled milk and you’ve just got to move on.

Since you know the Raiders, how would you break down their needs and things that need to change this offseason after the foundation you laid?

“I think this. I don’t think it’s right for me to talk about what they need or don’t need. I know those players in that locker room know what we did and how we did it, and how much I love ‘em and all that sort of thing. I just want them to be successful, that’s the most important thing. In terms of decisions for that football team, that’s in someone else’s hands and I’m OK with that, because I’m going to move on to Seattle and do it better there.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

# LA to TheBay Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

MR,

I never said Al was beyond criticism.

………….

You implied it.

• LA to TheBay

If Al organizes the game plans and selects which plays are to be called on game day (something he denies, for what its worth), than he is also to blame.

I think Al’s involvement is:

The draft

The final 53

To a certain extent, who should start

In addition to operational duties with the organization (not neccecarily the team)

• DeuceDeuce

So Jay Glazer says we are looking for a DC to bring a 3-4 attacking scheme similar to the Jets….

• DeuceDeuce

Dakota Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:33 pm
    Bo,

Where are you? Hope you aren’t dead or something. I just wanted to make fun of the Wolverines a little today, but it is no fun when you are not here….

Brady Hoke?

LMAO

—-

Who did Brady Hoke replace in SDSU?…..

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

447.Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:31 pm
    I showed my wife the video, and in her medical opinion she believes he had some skin removed from his forehead or something like that.

Said a hit to the head to need that type of bandage would have made half his head purple.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Al just had a Dr. Scholls Horn Remover pad on his head…..he has to do that about once every five years or so, otherwise they grow right back.

the duo of Routt and Johnson has “trainwreck” written all over it.

***

CB’s are dime a dozen with a serious pass rush.

re-sign Seymour & Wimbley!

McFadden & Ware are going to have every opportunity to snag that starting job opposite Routt

• Just Fire Baby

I liked Al’s comment (paraphrasing) to the media about “check your cell phones or whatever it is you use to record things”.

Guess it is safe to say Al isn’t watching his college cut-ups on Blu Ray isn’t it?

I really hope he at least has them in DVD format. I get the strange feeling he is using a VHS with the remote control that plugs into it still.

• DeuceDeuce

LA to TheBay Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Whats that Al Davis saying?..

You can win or lose my way…or win your way…but you better not lose your way…

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

454.DeuceDeuce Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Who did Brady Hoke replace in SDSU?…..
    ++++++++++++++++

Let me guess…..Bo’s lost love, Jim Harbaugh? lol Mich settled for sloppy seconds once again.

***

Keith Butler (Steelers) or Winston Moss (Packers) ???

• LA to TheBay

No I didn’t. I said Cable didn’t seem to have us prepared and I think Hue’s playcalling, at times, was questionable.

It’s like I’m blaming repub1icans for the state of the economy and you’re blaming the institution of government in general.

Heavily involved, to me, does not mean he’s in the locker room in front of the white board drawing up plays and discussing halftime ajustments.

You just look for Al under every stone, which is rather pathetic and a bit alarming.

You despise the man so much, go take it to city hall, rather than sit here and give Jerry web hits.

• Just Fire Baby

According to Al on Tuesday, bringing your slutty girlfriend on the road is the nail in the coffin for him.

He said he was going to releave Cable even if they made the playoffs?

Al must have really hated that batch!!

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

LOL. Looks like I missed a strip club chat earlier. Who actually talks in detail about strip clubs? It’s one of those things you just do, you don’t talk about it, because it is kind of sad. The idea is to get laid, not watch chicks dance, then have discussions about which places are the best to watch chicks dance. Losers.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:37 pm
    ________________

Yeah right.

• SilverNBlackPA

DeuceDeuce Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Glazer is right, this can only mean Al listens to me.

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

453.DeuceDeuce Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

####################################

That would make sense, if we are looking at Pendergrast, he runs a mostly 3-4 that attacks from multiple angles.

But honestly, I cant comprehend why Al would decide to go 3-4 after the first season in decades where his four man front actually brought huge amounts of pressure. This seems like a needless and somewhat delayed reaction by the old man.

• SilverNBlackPA

Dakota Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:39 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:37 pm
    ________________

Yeah right.

+++++++++++++++++++

It doesn’t ring true, but Al usually goes through a honeymoon period with new coaches where he lets them do pretty much as they please for a while (listening to Kiffin and trading Randy Moss is a good example)…so if Hue wants a 3-4 attacking scheme, Al may be receptive currently.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Sure, LA to the BAy, Al’s involvement is only so much to where he shouldn’t be blamed for losses. Even after he admits he’s “heavily involved”. You should take a nap and come back later. You’re a true dumb ass right now. Just listen to yourself.

• bcz24

*********
    No chance. Reel to reel is where its at!

• SilverNBlackPA

RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

***

Keith Butler (Steelers) or Winston Moss (Packers) ???

+++++++++++++++++++++

I might actually piss my pants if Butler becomes DC.

LeBeau style defense in Oakland? Be still my heart.

• YoungAmerican

CB’s are dime a dozen with a serious pass rush.

re-sign Seymour & Wimbley!

————–

We were 2nd in the league in sacks, and still gave up 29 TDs through the air.

If you’re going to play all man-to-man on the outside, you need two big-time corners. If Nnamdi leaves, the Raiders should sign Jonathan Joseph and draft a corner in the 2nd round.

If Nnamdi stays, let’s hope Walter McFadden is ready to compete for a starting job with Routt or CJ.

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

457.Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

####################################

I have very little faith that Al uses any video recording devices, when scouting college players. It really seems to be as simple as Al asking his scouts: “What was his 40 time?” then he writes them all down in order from fastest to slowest, and then waits to see who the other teams take.

• SilverNBlackPA

bcz24 Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:43 pm
    *********
    No chance. Reel to reel is where its at!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Al uses Betamax; insists he hasn’t got his money’s worth out of them yet.

• bcz24

**********
    Of course its no surprise to any of us that you do neither, and instead chose to sit here and throw stones at everyone else.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

Here is a peek inside the Raiders’ draft “war room”:

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Al still uses a VHS. He has several Raider game tapes, along with Rocky III and Porky’s.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Bcz, there’s no better way to announce to the world that you don’t get laid than talking in detail about strip clubs. Everyone goes to them. Everyone knows where the good ones are. But you don’t talk about it, because everyone knows it’s sad. It’s what you do on nights where you’re not getting any, and obviously the people in that discussion earlier have a lot of those nights. Not something to brag about.

• SilverNBlackPA

It occurs to me that if Al deteriorates physically any faster, even if the Raiders win the very next Super Bowl, he won’t be in any condition to be able to get to the platform in the middle of the field to accept the Lombardi trophy.

• DeuceDeuce

RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

***

Keith Butler (Steelers) or Winston Moss (Packers) ???

—-

Be happy with both…

But I doubt Butler leaves anywhere…hes the hier to the Steelers D

• SilverNBlackPA

But I doubt Butler leaves anywhere…hes the hier to the Steelers D

++++++++++++++++

Sad to say you are right. I know which organization I’d rather work for.

But still, a fellow can dream!

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

SilverNBlackPA, you don’t have to worry about that, because Al’s not winning another Super Bowl.

• bcz24

I rarely go to strip clubs, but I have never gone to one because I was sitting around and couldn’t get laid. Bachelor parties and birthdays are the usual reasons, but we did go to one for a work Christmas party once. You see you try to pass judgement on all the other bloggers here bast on your pitiful existance, but most of it does not apply to us. You are as sad and sorry as the man you spend all your days hating. Real AlDavisRaider.

• DeuceDeuce

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Thought the same after seeing his hands..He wont be able to hoist the trophy..

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/skew-t/166654980/ BART Bridge Blues

Our corners are decent, but the man2man leaves them completely exposed (against both the run and the pass). This is the single worst offense that Al commits against this organization. In an era where defensive creativity is more important than offense (Steelers, Bears, Packers, Jets anyone??); Al is basically running a flag-football secondary. Everyone just try to cover your guy and hope you are in position to make a play when the ball is thrown.

• bcz24

Thought the same after seeing his hands..He wont be able to hoist the trophy..
    ********
    Herrera will kneel next to Al and hoist the tropy so that in the photos it looks like Al is holding it.

• Just Win Baby

NO WAY IN HELL THIS TEAM GOES 3-4. Ain’t gonna happen. Just like Gruden will never stand on the Raiders sideline in any coaching capacity again. Just like this team isn’t going to play a lot of zone coverage. Just like they aren’t going to start blitzing more. Which is exactly why a 3-4 wont be implemented. A 3 man pressure from the DL isnt enough to get to the qb without blitzing a LB fairly regularly and exposing our constant man to man coverage scheme.

• edward teach

When I listened to Hue at the PC talking about the offense, he said that they want to create an environment for the quarterback to succeed. This after talking about the talent we have on that side of the ball with McFadden, Ford, DHB, Schilens, Murphy and Miller. Al mentioned Marcel Reece and Michael Bush, and Hue talked about the young talent the Raiders have on defense, mentioning several players by name.

I found it telling that the offensive line wasn’t mentioned at all, and when you combine that with Jackson’s statement about creating a successful environment for his QB I think it’s safe to say that that’s where the emphasis is going to be, personnel-wise, in the offseason.

• Just Win Baby

And nobody goes to a strip club to get laid. Strippers are predominantly man-hating lesbians who just want to get their hands in your wallet. A good stripper will make you think you have a chance until last call and then after she has depleted your funds, she will go to sleep at her girlfriend’s house. Wise up.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

lol… you gotta check this out…

Favre spoof of LeBron commercial

• Plunketthead

Tittie bars are not what they use to be.
    I got laid plenty in the 70′s, early eighties, when I was partying all the time. They got off work and wanted to party too, not anymore.

I remember when Vegas did not have tabletop sluut machines. Bars were lots of fun but they changed too. Especially for women. Those things are addictive and rob people of a good time.

• Pingback: cellulite