Report: Hue cuts ties with supplement company

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 at 6:21 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Hue Jackson has been ordered by the NFL to cut ties with a supplement company, according to “The Post Game” on Yahoo Sports.

The ban happened earlier this month because one of the products the company endorsed contains a banned product.

Jackson told ThePostGame.com, “I’m no longer affiliated with that company. I don’t even know about a banned substance.”

• aig-raiders

Never liked Silver KK. He jsut sounds so full of himself all the time or his articles. I’ve learned to ignore him.

• GoodOle00

44. Mike Mayocks my guy far as analysts go. He said he would not take Russell in the first round. I don’t hink anyone could’ve seen the all time bum he’d become. Its Almost unheard of…except for Marinovich.

I don’t look at it much because it hurts but Russell really COULD have been good. Moving on….

• RaiderDebo

ArchiveTony Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 8:11 pm
    # RaiderDebo Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Damn it! Missed the Cable interview. But it sounds like he didn’t talk about the presser. I guess he talked a little about the coaching carousel and the games this weekend.
    =================

there you be
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Damn dude, you’re on it. Thanks.

• GoodOle00

51 Word AIg. Silvers a tool

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Buckeyeraider Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I know alot of people on here will say , well AD won’t let Moss bring in any of those exotic blitz packages or coverages from Green Bay. But I don’t buy it, and here’s why.

Yea, Al has his philosphies on what he wants Raider football to be about. On offense he wants power running and a verical passing game. Stretch the field with the constant threat of THE BOMB. Waren Wells, Cliff Branch, James Jett and DHB, right.

Yet he hired Gruden and let him bring his WCO to Oakland. I think AD looks at WCO as “girly” football. Short dink and dunk passes. Derisively refers to it as “percentage” football instead of “pressure” football.
    ————————————–
    All the legendary Rhetoric aside, Look at the record since 1989. 6 playoff appearances, I remember very few “power running” teams. 6 coaches in the last 9 years.

Rhetoric is nothing but words.

• GoodOle00

49. Have to admit Davis has made some good decisions too. How bout that 2010 draft yeah? And DMC looked like a 4th overall this year at least

• djohnnyg

What I got from that presser is Al wanting to justify to everyone why he dumped Cable. He realizes the media was all over him for that and wanted to make the case for it.

There is no way to positively spin the WAY he did it. It makes sense getting rid of Cable for just the sole reason the Raiders should have done even better than the 8-8 the media is praising Cable for.

He should’ve just stuck with that and left the rest of the garbage out of it. Cable isn’t perfect. Who of us is? He didn’t deserve the lambasting he got from Al, but even IF he did, Al should have been a bit more subtle in revealing it. It just came off as Al being a petty, vindictive bastard.

And man it was going sooo well at the start. Too bad that PR person “f’d up”.

• GoodOle00

55. The whole Davis is narrow minded BS is exactly that BS!!!

His whole philosophy is to be indefinable.

He’s tried all kinds of things Cable’s ZBS among them.

Itsd people who don’t watch the games that make such stupid and erronious comments about Al.

• djohnnyg

49.KoolKell Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 8:16 pm
    Djohnnyg Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Al has made many mistakes that were glaringly obvious but I don’t think the Jamarcus debacle was one of them; as far as drafting him is concerned.
    ———————————
    Oh, it’s so nice to acknowledge Al Davis has made some mistakes.

I knew you’d appreciate that. C’mon Kell, you have to admit Al has made more than a few over the years.

• GoodOle00

57. Davis SHOULD have dumped Cable. Doesn’t need to justify it but easily could.

• http://www.beyonceonline.com/us/home DaRayduh

57.djohnnyg Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 8:25 pm

And man it was going sooo well at the start. Too bad that PR person “f’d up”.

————–

Where to start. Agree. Like someone said, probably was pre-emptive. Should have let it be Hues day, not a lambast festival. Added too much circus to the show. Al sure looked leaky. I feel for the guy, but no sympathy. Ambivalent (sp?) yes, just goes with the dysfunction. Hue did show cinfidence for sure, and added a little hope to what has been an odd last couple of weeks.

• ArchiveTony

“It just came off as Al being a petty, vindictive bastard.”

Coaches get fired.
    Usually saying ‘just wanted to go in a different direction, and we appreciate everything he did while he was here’ is all that needs to be said.

then everyone goes on their merry way.

then there is al’s way

• phatcable

new post

• djohnnyg

Da Rayduh maybe you felt the same way I did when it started and Hue was so confident, saying all the right things and u really felt like he really meant it. Al was doing well (for his age etc.). I have to admit braced myself for when he was to announce his name and breathed a sigh of relief when he said it correctly. That’s pretty sad. But Al made up for it and then some.

I love the fact that Hue was so NOT satisfied with the 8-8. Some coaches downplay losing at the outset; not wanting to have so much pressure to win right off the bat. A lot of coaches say “in time, we have a chance to be very good here”. “It may take some time, but we’re gonna get there” etc. etc. but not Hue.

With Cable, it was like “well, we did some good things out there today, but just came up a bit short. We’ll look at film and just get better”.

With Hue, I sense we’ll hear “losing today was totally unacceptable. We are going to fix this and be back to kick some butt next week”.

Hue seems a lot less tolerant of losing and sees no moral victories.

• buckeyeraider

Rich-O, err umm, I mean Archive,

I get the feeling Al is like some kinda Mafia Don with “old world” values in his mind. If you’re one of “his guys” or a loyal soldier, then you have a frind for life.

I’ve heard of him paying peoples medical bills and picking up the tab for funerals and such.

I read a story about when the Raiders played in one of thos preseason games overseas. He flew like twenty former Raiders over to the game. Most of those guys who played in the sixties and seventies didn’t make a lot of money. Everything over there was expensive and they were running out of cash. I guess AD was handing out wads of cash and loving every minute of it.

However, if you wrong him or the Raiders in his mind. Well, Then you have a mortal enemy. He will go for the jugular. And yes he can be petty and vindictive.

He must have felt Cable leaked that to the media. What he did the other day was tacky and in poor taste. It should’ve been Hue Jackson’s moment to shine.

Instead, Al stole the show and used it to settle a score. Kind of sad, really.

• edward teach

It would be interesting to see what Winston Moss brings to the table as a DC; Green Bay went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 when they hired Dom Capers two (three?) years ago, and drafted accordingly. Their defense has improved significantly under Capers, but as noted in here by others, Moss is a former Raider familiar with the philosophy in Oakland.

Personally, I like Dave McGinnis from the Titans and explained why in an earlier post, but it would be intriguing to see what Moss would bring from his experiences with the different schemes utilized during his tenure in Green bay.