Report: Hue cuts ties with supplement company

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 at 6:21 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Hue Jackson has been ordered by the NFL to cut ties with a supplement company, according to “The Post Game” on Yahoo Sports.

The ban happened earlier this month because one of the products the company endorsed contains a banned product.

Jackson told ThePostGame.com, “I’m no longer affiliated with that company. I don’t even know about a banned substance.”

• aig-raiders

KK,

I heard Al did withhold some of Shell’s money as well. Shell, being the loyal soldier, didnt fight it in public like the other guys did. Not sure if Shell settled or let it go.

• Hunt Eat Raiders

69.Hunt Eat Raiders Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:22 pm
    @ SammyTheBull

Why do you disagree with me?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

The Wrath Hue Jackson has brought upon the Raiders

-Al Davis 2112

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

The Wrath Hue Jackson has brought upon the Raiders

-Al Davis 2012

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

That’s right he jipped Shell, too

• Hunt Eat Raiders

I have read this blog off and on for a few years, and I must say yall are the mirror image of the Oakland Raiders.

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

TerrapinRaider Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:16 pm

WTF are you talking about? Hue never told Grads he was the best nor Campbell. You’re full of sht. Point your bitterness for firing that wife beater elsewhere.
    ===========
    Oh, I see. So what you’re saying is you’re a liar?

You just posted : “TerrapinRaider Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

The guy is in you face saying we are going to be the best. We are going to win this damn division!”
    ===========
    So what YOU are saying is he told everyone EXCEPT Grad, Bey, and JC that they’re the best?

Ignorant take. You sound like a little rah rah high school cheerleader.

• Hunt Eat Raiders

KoolKell, you think Hue will last till 2012?

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

69.Hunt Eat Raiders Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:22 pm
    @ SammyTheBull

Why do you disagree with me?============

because no one just reads a blog for a few years, then signs on.
    that’s what all the posters who have started up a dozen names say.

why would you just read for years? that alone is embarrassing. be better if you don’t insist that you actually did it, to be quite honest

• Hunt Eat Raiders

Sammy, “going to be” and “are the” best are two diff things.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Hunt Eat Raiders Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

KoolKell, you think Hue will last till 2012?
    ——————————–
    That’s a tough damned question. lol seriously.

• http://www.alaska.com SammyTheBull

# Hunt Eat Raiders Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

KoolKell, you think Hue will last till 2012?
    ====================
    I’m not going to tell anyone everything about you says you are MR.

I promise.

• Just Fire Baby

The Hue Jackson era begins.

Wonder what Cable is going to say in this Sirius interview.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Marshawn Lynch is on Chronicle live and he’s high.

• Hunt Eat Raiders

@ KoolKell

Yeah I know. If Hue is thrown out the door before the end of the 2011 season, we may never recover.

Naah, once Al is gone things will get better. I am not saying we can not win a SB with Al in charge, but it makes it that much harder. That and the Zebras.

• SaintKaufman

Congrats to Jerry for Al calling him ‘Jer.

• Hunt Eat Raiders

@ SammyTheBull

What does that mean?

“I’m not going to tell anyone everything about you says you are MR.

I promise.” ?

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Greg Papa’s talking about Mista FAB, says he’s going to his party with Lynch tonight.

• RaiderDuck

Pagano’s an idiot.

Would it have killed Pagano to have just said, “I like it here in Baltimore, and don’t feel like going to Oakland right now?”

Burning your bridges for no reason at all is a stupid move.

• Just Fire Baby

If we lose Bush via FA, I want either Lynch or Ricky Williams as his replacement.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

“two year sentence in Oakland was enough”. LOL

• Hunt Eat Raiders

What is Justin Fargas doing now?

Is he still in the NFL?

• Just Fire Baby

Interesting that Oakland isn’t good enough for Pagano, but Saunders seems more than willing.

What does that say about where they are in their careers?

• olinesux

get ready for all the haters hue…a lot if them are in here….

• Raiders for life

Al spoke pretty highly of Bush yesterday, I think he stays.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Hue Jackson’s for real. But then again, so was Kiffin. I can see Al at this time next year. “He had us all fooled”

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I would hate to lose Bush, Seymour, Gallery. Nnamdi too, but I could understand it.

• buckeyeraider

Vegas,
    I believe I read earlier that Pagano’s two year stint in Oakland was Shell II and Kiffin’s first season.

So, I’m sure his stay in Raiderland was probably not a very pleasant one. Right smack dab in the middle of the dysfunction and paranoia at it’s worst.

I’m sure he was part of some coaching staffs that were on the receiving end of some thorough chewing out and reamings if you no what I mean.

From what I’ve read Mr. Davis is a demanding and tough boss to work for in GOOD times.

I’m sure it was an ugly scene and can see why he had no wish to leave Baltimore to return.

• buckeyeraider

*know

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

The FBI says tips from the public are leading them closer to whoever planted a bomb in Spokane on Martin Luther King Day.

Monday’s Unity march could have been a tragedy if not for three wide-eyed city workers who spotted a backpack that wasn’t supposed to be on the parade route.

Now FBI special agent Frank Harrill says other tipsters are coming forward.

You’d think this story would get more attention, especially right after Tucson, but…………..

“We’ve been benefiting…from a stream of information from the public that has been fruitful and we hope that continues,” he said.

No one has taken responsibility for what Harrill calls an act of domestic terrorism. There is also no motive.

“Whether it be a targeted attack to hurt a specific person or group, whether it was racially motivated, we don’t know yet,” said Harrill.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

—————————-
    I heard he treats people like schit, to be frank.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

When he could walk, he’d walk into the training room, and simply drop a towel on the floor, and get his shoes wiped.

Do, I have to find the link?

• buckeyeraider

On a more positive note…I like the idea of bringing in Winston Moss. He’s a former player and obviously has Raider ties. He’s somebody that Al has been interested in before.

Green Bay runs a scheme where they play alot of physical man to man defense with CWood and Al Harris previously. But they mix in some other coverages and also bring a lot of exciting pressure packages as well.

• RaiderDebo

Damn it! Missed the Cable interview. But it sounds like he didn’t talk about the presser. I guess he talked a little about the coaching carousel and the games this weekend.

• dickv

The Raiders will franchise seymour once the cba is put in place… Nnamdi already said he wants to be back, Bush will be a restricted free agent at the most, and Gallery should have been cut four years ago… I understand that he has become a formidable guard, but he can be replaced with out spending too much money. In fact with the money you would spend to bring him back it would be better to nab Logan Mankins for a few $ more.

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

R8dercain Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 7:01 pm
    Hunt Eat Raiders Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 6:13 pm
    —————-
    what u mad cuz we whoop Kansas cities arse
    twice this yr
    so u come back from the dead to blog
    to us your losers. We beat you twice in one season
    you can’t deny we put “the greatness of the raiders” on your a$$
    get out of hear you bumm,an I don’t mean bumm Phillips either

• phatcable

What happens when a food fight gets nasty?

A Philadelphia man shot one of his friends after discovering the friend was eating his cake, The Philadelphia Daily News reported.

The men were driving in the east of the city in the early hours of Monday morning when the driver spotted his passenger chowing down on some cake.
    The men argued, culminating in their getting out of the car and the driver shooting his passenger in the chest, police said.
    The 31-year-old victim was listed in critical condition earlier in the week. The hospital could not provide an update. The driver was on the lam.

• Hunt Eat Raiders

twice this yr
    so u come back from the dead to blog
    to us your losers. We beat you twice in one season
    you can’t deny we put “the greatness of the raiders” on your a$$
    get out of hear you bumm,an I don’t mean bumm Phillips either

/////////////////////////////////////////

Whats this jive about KC? and Coming back from the dead blood?

• buckeyeraider

I know alot of people on here will say , well AD won’t let Moss bring in any of those exotic blitz packages or coverages from Green Bay. But I don’t buy it, and here’s why.

Yea, Al has his philosphies on what he wants Raider football to be about. On offense he wants power running and a verical passing game. Stretch the field with the constant threat of THE BOMB. Waren Wells, Cliff Branch, James Jett and DHB, right.

Yet he hired Gruden and let him bring his WCO to Oakland. I think AD looks at WCO as “girly” football. Short dink and dunk passes. Derisively refers to it as “percentage” football instead of “pressure” football.

On defense, he believes the Raider way is to play tight man to man, bump and run, right? Hayes and Haynes, Old man Willie, etc.

But he let Marshall play some zone and bring some blitz packages. And in the infamous overhead projector presser he knocked KIffin for playing his cover 2 in the season opener vs. Denver…and getting destroyed.

Jerry has alluded to it several times in his chats, actually. A coordinator can do whatever he wants. But it better work. If he goes outside the “Raider way” and it blows up in his face, he damn sure is gonna hear about it. And face the wrath of Al.

So maybe Moss can bring a Green Bay style of D to Oaktown, and let’s just hope it works. Because we do have some nice young puzzle pieces on D.

• aig-raiders

32.KoolKell Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Do, I have to find the link?

—————

You’re referring to Mike Silver’s article on the Raiders back in the 90′s I believe. Davis would drop the towel after getting mud on it and Run run George would grab it and clean it up for him. Silver is still a jerk though.

• Hunt Eat Raiders

Well said Buckeyeraider. I agree. Al does let the coaches coach until they show they arnt doing a very good job.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

# Hunt Eat Raiders Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 7:38 pm

………

That’s why he drafted JaMarcus Russell before Kiffin had coached one single game. You probably lie in your sleep.

• djohnnyg

KC owners name is ‘Hunt’. Your nickname here is ‘Hunt eat Raiders’. I took that to mean you were saying “Kc eats Raiders”. I’m sure that’s how the other poster took it too.

Then, in another post you said “we” when referring to the Raiders so now I’m confused where you are coming from.

• djohnnyg

Al has made many mistakes that were glaringly obvious but I don’t think the Jamarcus debacle was one of them; as far as drafting him is concerned.

At the time we were desperately in need of a good QB and Russell was the overwhelming top prospect. Heck, even Mel Kiper predicted Russell could turn out to not only be a franchise QB for Oakland but one of the all time greats.

Now Darrius Heyward Bey? That’s a different story.

• Raiders for life

Al wants a new stadium, Al wants another SB. To be honest..just out of respect, I hope he gets both with what little time he has left.

AD looks pretty bad, I’m sure he’s tossin California grass.

• ArchiveTony

# RaiderDebo Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

=================

there you be

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Aig

Yep, the Mike Silver article. But, he’s the jerk???

• buckeyeraider

RMR,
    What kind of garbled logic is that? Not sure what one has to do with the other. What does letting a pimply faced kid, right out of college, rookie head coach making a 70-100 mil dollar call on the No. 1 overall pick have to do with a DC mixing in a few blitzes?

Besides, how many HC’s,let alone rookie HC get’s to make that call. Especially the first time they had THE NO. 1 OVERALL pick in Raider history.

I’m sure Kiffin, like most HC’s had his input. Ultimately that is the GM’s and in this case the owner/GM’s call. Not unlike any other franchise in pro sports.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Djohnnyg Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

———————————
    Oh, it’s so nice to acknowledge Al Davis has made some mistakes.

• djohnnyg

45.Raiders for life Says:
    January 19th, 2011 at 8:08 pm

AD looks pretty bad, I’m sure he’s tossin California grass.

“Tossin California grass”?

One thing I found interesting in the presser is Al asking for support from the fans in regard to ticket sales. Has he ever done that before?

If we have the highest payroll (players) in the league then where is he getting his $ from? I realize there’s revenues from TV and shared revenues as well, but he’s never gone cheap for player talent.