Glazer: Raiders denied in bid to talk to Thurman

The Raiders requested permission to talk to New York Jets defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman about the vacant defensive coordinator position but were told no, according to the Twitter account of Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer.

(Yes, I’m pretty sure this is the real Jay Glazer, unlike the erroneous information I passed along Wednesday).

Thurman was on the Baltimore Ravens’ staff with Hue Jackson before joining the New York Jets in 2009 and also worked with Jackson for a year on the USC staff in 2000.

Teams can deny permission to speak to coaches even in the case of a promotion unless it is for a head coaching job.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DeuceDeuce

Silver-and-black666 Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:23 pm
    douche douche

Gannon was good under pressure but he did not have a good performance in the Super Bowl for the obvious reason…If I have to spell that out for you then there is no hope of your IQ getting any higher.

Dont question my IQ and call me kiddie names in the same breath.

• http://blackhillsphoto.com/sturgis-weddings/black-hills-weddings.jpg Dakota

249.KoolKell Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    Jason Campbell was 8-5 with the Raiders his first year, ok? You can rationalize anything you want to.
    +++++++++++

And Rich Gannon was a better QB than Jason Campbell. Fact.

• Silver-and-black666

“Gannon is one of my favorite Raiders ever…ive met him before…”

I once touched a guy who touched a guy who shook hands with Marcus Allen!

• Silver-and-black666

Your a Douche and you have a low IQ its a well known fact!

• DeuceDeuce

Silver-and-black666 Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    “Gannon is one of my favorite Raiders ever…ive met him before…”

I once touched a guy who touched a guy who shook hands with Marcus Allen!

If you like to touch guys thats your own business.

• fingers

….. ” Donald Hollis”……

• Silver-and-black666

Who else here thinks Deuce Deuce is a Douchbag?

• DeuceDeuce

r8rwill Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:28 pm
    about that wide out, v. jax, plax, boldin, even brailon edwards or TO but please not slocho cinco…we had mike williams here for a minute, he didn’t look anything like he did this year… if chaz can stay healthy he’ll do.. i know i know he can’t stay healthy

Id take Chad Johnson…not Ocho Cinco tho…

• DeuceDeuce

I dont care if anyone THINKS im a douchebag…but what we KNOW from what he says is Silver-and-black666 touches guys.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

ROLMFAO

DeuceDeuce Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I dont care if anyone THINKS im a douchebag…

• aig-raiders

Jason Campbell was 8-5 and I dare you KK to point out to me any game that he was the mvp for that particular game of those 13 games. ZERO!

Gannon in his first year didnt have the 2nd best running game in the league nor DMAC to bail his a$$ out either.

• Silver-and-black666

That is kind of funny Douche did you think that up all by yourself?

• DeuceDeuce

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:46 pm
    ROLMFAO

DeuceDeuce Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I dont care if anyone THINKS im a douchebag…

—-

Your awesome.

• aig-raiders

Rich Gannon didnt have leadership problem nor wilted on 2 min drives either.

• DeuceDeuce

Silver-and-black666 Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    That is kind of funny Douche did you think that up all by yourself?

—-

Man toucher say what?

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

And, Deuce, you’re a douchebag.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Duece doesn’t care if you guys think he’s a douche, guys. I think that’s quite honorable of him. It should be on his tombstone.

Here lies Duece Duece. He did not care if you thought he was a douchebag.

Now there’s a legacy.

• DeuceDeuce

The Real MaddenRaider <—— Cool guy.

• DeuceDeuce

See ya tmoro guys.

• Silver-and-black666

Well MR he found out the only way he could get close to a woman is if he was in fact a douche…

• LA to TheBay

LMAO @ MR

Are we still talking about Gannon v. Campbell?

Wow.

• LA to TheBay

Gannon was an All Pro, fellas. Campbell may be one someday, but Campbell NOW to Gannon at his peak? No comparison.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Bye, Deuce Deuce. I now you don’t care what I think, but you are a douche.

• r8rwill

aig you are blowing smoke again, gannon had the number one rushing team in the league.. when the smoke clears you can check your stats

• manassamauler

Fans on here who call Gannon garbage are mentally disabled and should seek medical treatment. gannon made the raiders winners NOT gruden. grudens bucs teams sucked most years. gannon was a GREAT QB in oakland. actually Gannon was an elite QB in OAK. his stats and winning record show it. 3 afc west titles and an AFC title. crazy

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I’m not going to sit here and hate on Gannon.

I’m just saying Jason Campbell was 8-5 and you EMFERS aint seen that in a coon’s age. So stfu and give the guy a chance.

• manassamauler

264.aig-raiders Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    Rich Gannon didnt have leadership problem nor wilted on 2 min drives either.

___
    Gannon was a leader, campbell is more quiet. I’ll take campbell over grad. but JC is no rich gannon. but i hope he proves me wrong.

• manassamauler

274.r8rwill Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

___
    not in 02 when he won mvp

• Midwest Fan

Wisconsin’s Gabe Carimi is close to 6-foot-7 and will play in the 325-pound range in the NFL, and the first trait that surfaced was his competitive attitude. He served notice in the first practice that he will play to the whistle on every play and you are in for a rough day if you line up opposite him. He is very capable of establishing the point of attack in a power running game and could be more of a right tackle than a left tackle. He has the technique to play the left side, but after two practices I like the mauler part of his game the most. During the Tuesday practice he also showed the feet to pull and fold block.

• LA to TheBay

———————

I’m willing to do so.

There is no better option available, short of winning the Mike Vick sweepstakes (doubtful).

• LA to TheBay

Campbell played well down the stretch and won more than he lost.

Another year in Hue’s system with some familiarity with Saunders. The progression of Ford, possibly the addition of another quality receiver.

Think Campbell is at least good enough to get us to 10-6, 11-5.

• Midwest Fan

If Carimi is projected more as a RT than LT, he may drop into the 2nd round and could solidify the right side of our line. May have to trade up a few spots in the 2nd though.

I also like Matthews out of OR, Stanzi out of IA, and that Boise WR

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 11:33 am

Jay_Glazer (twitter)

Q: Wouldn’t Thurman be bugged by that? Not getting a chance for a possible raise?

A: No, he loves workin w Rex
    _______________________________________________________

problem is, a DB coach elsewhere makes more money there than they will as a DC in Oakland

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Kell, I’m surprised to see you join the “give him a chance” crowd. I’ve always thought you were more realistic.

• ArchiveTony

Think Campbell is at least good enough to get us to 10-6, 11-5.———-

except he’s not.
    too herkyjerky of a player. Always up and down. Looks good. Looks bad. Looks great, then puts up a 12 qb rating.

You really think that after being mediocre for 6 years, putting up a 12 qb rating, a couple halfs under 10 rating, getting benched during the year, more than once, is a qb who’s good enough?

ur dreamin

• aig-raiders

274.r8rwill Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

—————-

I stand corrected. And we are both wrong!

1998 Raiders ranked 16th in rushing with Jeff George (I mistook this for Gannon’s first year)

1999 Raiders ranked 3rd in the league (not number 1 as you proclaimed). This was Gannon’s first year with the Raiders.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Campbell is as good as anyone in the league if he’s facing no pass rush whatsoever. That’s why he’s in the league. If he gets the protection, he’s awesome. But in this league, of course, even the best team’s face a pass rush. He is one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen at evading a pass rush. He almost always just tucks the ball in and goes down. Then he’s shaken up for the rest of the game.

• aig-raiders

People love to tout Jason’s 8-5 record but when asked for evidence that he earned those 8-5 they can’t produce it. Or was it he rode the coat tail of other’s to that 8-5? Where was he when the team needed him to carry them? No where to be found. Sorry but keep on dreaming.

I believe Mistic is already sandbagging himself for JC by asking for 3 total years to allow JC to make it happen. That would make it 10 total years of starting in the NFL. Sorry homie aint got it and never will.

You will see next year. I doubt we can even get to 9-7 next year.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

RMR

The Raiders are first with me, despite Al Davis.

Any Raider fan looking down on a 8-5 performance, needs to slapped awake.

• aig-raiders

Trent Dilfer won a SB too. I guess we should put him as one of the all time greats QB too based on your logic KK.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Aig-Raiders Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

—————————
    wtf are you talking about?

• ArchiveTony

# Silver-and-black666 Says:
    January 26th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

MR

I am sick of the AD loyalists and as you know I used to be one years ago and you used to bash me for it but I have had enough of the circus.

You don’t hire a head coach and spend his crowning moment bashing ex employees That was the final straw for me
    =============
    Final straw for many. Beginning of the end for others. And another reason to laugh at the Raiders for the rest.

Every time you think Al can’t do anymore to sabotage future HC hirings, he proves us wrong.
    Bad mouthing Chucky, and Shell, then going overboard with “Lance” with ProjectorGate, and followed by the CableBash, just insures Al will never get a name as HC, not as long as he’s alive.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Kell, he’s only 8-5 because he didn’t start 3 games. You’re being disingenuous to make Campbell look good. I’m surprised. This isn’t like you. You’re usually a realist.

• aig-raiders

Leaders lead. They dont need you to butter them up or take the pressure away to do better. If Jason was worried about competing with a no talent Gradkowski, then how can you expect him to lead a team into the playoff?

Say all you can about Vy or Kim Newton, those dudes walk around with the attitude that they will carry you.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Some QBs, for reasons having a lot to do with national politics and over emotional bumpkins in middle America desperate for a hero, tend to overlook talent because that talent doesn’t fit their image of what an “American hero” ought to look like, in their view. Jason Campbell is NOT one of those quarterbacks. He’s not good. He can’t evade a pass rush.

• aig-raiders

KK,

You know exactly what I am talking about. You’re conveniently using the 8-5 record to defend Jason but when asked for specifics on thos 8 wins with regards to JC’s contribution you’re silent. We all know why.

• aig-raiders

666,

I agree. I used to defend Al on here and but his hiring of Lance Kitten (to begin with) pretty much burned whatever support I had for the old man. When you defend him, his BS spin job is funny. When you’re sick of him, his BS spin job is embarassing.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Kell, his record noted, give us your opinion as to how well Jason Campbell handles a pass rush, based on what you see. I know his record. It’s noted. And, it is impressive compared to what we’ve seen from other QBs’ between Gannon and him. But tell me what you think of Campbell’s ability to evade a pass rush. Tell me what you’re seeing.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Campbell was 8-5, period. That’s Reality.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Kell, thank you. His record noted. But what do you think of Campbell’s ability to evade the pass rush? Just you personally, based on what you see. I’m aware of the record. Thanks again. And, the record is impressive.