Seymour tag probably inevitable

NFL teams have been notified they can begin using the franchise tag as of Feb. 10, while the NFLPA isn’t so sure.

In the event of a lockout, whether a player is tagged or not isn’t going to matter much.

Whenever tags are available, it’s looking like the Raiders have every intention of using it again on defensive tackle Richard Seymour.

By virtue of having received the franchise tag last season, Seymour is due a minimum of 20 percent more than he received last season _ just under $14.9 million.

Raiders owner Al Davis was non-committal about bringing back Nnamdi Asomugha at the Jan. 18 press conference announcing the hire of Hue Jackson, conceding it might be a better idea to bring in two or three players at the approximately $17 million it would have cost to pay Asomugha had his contract not voided automatically.

Might the Raiders take the same view regarding Seymour? Lamarr Houston, the second-round pick out of Texas, was playing a lot of three-technique in Seymour’s absence over the last two games of the season and second-year man Desmond Bryant had a very strong finale.

Saving the yearly spending on Asomugha and Seymour could be spread among new players in whatever form free agency takes as well as locking up some of their own.

During the same press conference, however, Davis made a point of defending the trade he made to bring Seymour in from the Patriots for a first-round pick in the 2011 draft. Walk away from Seymour now and Davis traded a first-round draft pick for 29 games and 9.5 sacks. Jackson has made glowing references to Seymour in two radio interviews, an indication the five-time Pro Bowl selection is still in their plans.

The general feeling is that if and when a CBA is reached, franchise players will still be a part of the process. And the feeling here is Seymour will be a Raider under the franchise tag for another year.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• mack-madden

$$$$$$$$$$

nice one.

I dont side with Ben nor the women, but from the reports, it sure looks like Big Ben was dirty on this last one

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

# priesttj Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 3:36 pm

This why so many don’t come in here because this is the total discussion everyday is Mr Davis. The same guys post 2-300 times a day with the same dribble. From Gruden to Mr Davis everyday. The same subject matter………it gets very OLD.

Jerry I know you have to see this stuff and get tired of it yourself eventhough it is YOUR favorite subject. It’s not fun anymore dude it’s very very boring.

………….

Start your own blog, priest. That’s all I can say.

• confucius400

GRUDEN was a high school coach in the nfl!

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 4:39 pm
    # priesttj Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 3:36 pm

………….

Start your own blog, priest. That’s all I can say.
    ………………that story would bring a tear too a glass eye.[Stone Cold]

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Vegas, how did Roethlisberger take any woman’s dignity?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I side with Ben, just a bunch of hater azz women trying to take his money after he took their dignity.
    —————————–
    Interesting.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

It just doesn’t make any sense that these guys who disagree with Jerry would come to his blog, and constantly complain about people who share Jerry’s views leaving comments. Jerry is critical of Al Davis. Common knowledge. Yet one person pops up in the comments section who’s critical of Al Davis, and these guys act like their home is being invaded. This is a private blog owned by news agency. Are they retarded?

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

preist, Google blogger costs nothing. You can start your own blog right now if you don’t like this one.

• confucius400

Roethlisberger yesterday admitted taking teammates out to dinner and then to watch live music but denied being out past curfew, saying the players were back at the team hotel “way before curfew.”

A manager at Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar in Forth Worth told the Tribune-Review that Roethlisberger and four offensive linemen showed up about 10 p.m. Tuesday and left shortly before midnight.

“They participated along with the crowd,” said the manager, who wished to remain nameless. “Ben was very gracious. He bought the house one round of drinks, took pictures. … It was a really cool night he even took one young lady into the mens room too give her a autgraph.

• Just Fire Baby

Ben just took advantage of a girl that was blasted, and sweet-talked her into some dome in the bathroom.

Not like she was passed out in a dorm room or something.

Nothing like these guys that beat women like it is no big deal.

How are you 230 pounds of solid muscle and you closed fist punch some chick in the face? Or pistol-whip her?

I just don’t see how anything could be worth doing something like that, but hey that is just me.

• confucius400

NEW YORK CITY – When the Pittsburgh Steelers were about to make their first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, they were greeted by fans chanting “She said no!” in regards to their star quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger and his alleged sexual assault charges. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell then took the stage to introduce Zachary, a kid from the Make-A-Wish, who would make the pick. Afterwards, Zachary was confused as to why the Steelers fans would tell him not to rape anyone. “I’ve never raped anyone,” said Zach Attack. “Steelers fans are so weird. Most of their women looks like men. There’s no way anyone would want to rape any of them. Still, that was fairly mean that they chanted that at me. I can assure you, my one wish was not to be called a rapist by Steelers fans. Thanks, PIttsburgh.”

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Why would there be a loss of dignity then? It sounds like sweet talking drunk women into some dome is a normal thing. Why should a woman feel she lost any dignity, if it happens to so many other women obviously?

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    …………………what if it was someone you knew like your husband or boyfriend?

• confucius400

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WRCB) — Before the University of Tennessee football program even had a chance to savor its heralded 2011 signing class, a dark cloud began gathering Wednesday night in Knoxville.

According to an Internet report from AOL’s Fanhouse.com, the NCAA will cite the Vols’ football program for failure to monitor a now well-publicized recruiting violation involving a UT hostess program during the brief tenure of Lane Kiffin.

Citing sources close to the investigation both inside and outside the university, Fanhouse.com is reporting the same citation will be handed down to Kiffin, now at Southern Cal, and former assistant coach David Reaves, who is now at New Mexico. Reaves is Kiffin’s brother-in-law, and served as his quarterbacks coach at UT.

• imaquaman

post #576 i agree. you dont have to be alex trebeck to get my repect.go to the firet 200 post in this article read them and determine an over all subject……..then read the last 200 post and compare the overall subject of those as well.

• imaquaman

this sh@# gives me a fri#@ing head ache sometimes but i keep coming back and reading ,that makes me sound fu#$@%#@stupid huh

• priesttj

Anybody got other sites to go to for real Raider football discussion? I’m done with this one?!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ng4yHw2xk&feature=PlayList&p=E565EF0DE2F587FA&playnext= Raider75

# confucius400 Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 5:21 pm

…….

No wonder Kiffin had a great 2011 recruiting class despite USC being on probation.

This dude is sleazeball.

Notice how all the press died when Kiffin lost his dispute with Al Davis.

• priesttj

Just post it whenever you can I’ll come back later and get the site……..I get tired of reading the same guys posting the same garbage everyday.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

priest, aka aquaman, google blogger. you can start one right now for free. It’s not difficult. I don’t understand why you feel the need to tell Jerry how he should run his blog. Would you go to someone’s house and tell them where they should put the furniture?

• priesttj

We aint telling him nothing just want to talk Raider football and this aint the place with you in it.

Adios!!!

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Kiffin was just luring players to Tennessee by having women give them some dome. What’s wrong with that?

• PurpleDrank81

Nothing is wrong with that

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

I could see if Kiffin and these players were punching women with closed fists. But they were just taking advantage of women for some dome. So what?

• imaquaman

overall topic seems to be mostly negative. i think its poisonous personalities .there are a bunch of fan club sites when you google raiders i think it is time for a change .if i find a worthy site ill let you know.long live the raiders and all who support them

• confucius400

if al davis decides to retire we will have to use a franchise tag on him!

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Only franchise tag Al will ever get again is on his toe.

• Just Fire Baby

Hey I was talking about Patrick Bates, he was a Raider.

Draft busts like John Clay, etc.

Didn’t get as much response as Brett the Hitman Hart and memorable NFL creeps.

• Just Fire Baby

Not sure what there is to talk about with the Raiders which hasn’t been beaten to a dead horse of late.

Draft talk will start jumping up soon enough.

Priest, you can always liven things up with some of your Al Davis pillow-talk.

• priesttj

JFB I’m fresh out of it why don’t you give it a try, hey I’m not saying that everyone sees things my way stay as long as you like don’t follow me I’m just done with it.

It’s personal, quite frankly some of you deserve this……lol

• confucius400

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war,is there any shakespeare in football?

• Mistabr0wn

Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Feel free to take KK with you.
    ________

# priesttj Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

• confucius400

i am using a frachise tag on priesttj too keep hin here!

• Mistabr0wn

I haven’t been to either one and wouldn’t admit it if I did. I doubt you have either, your just a dimwitted libtard blowing smoke out your piehole, your probably Jerry.

I see the Dem conv more like stealing from others in the form of wealth distribution and social justice than “caring” for others. And hope pretty much went out the window 6 months after purp lips took office & ran the economy further into the ground.
    ______

# confucius400 Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 3:54 pm

if you go to the gop convention its all about greed and money ,if your independent or democrat its about love, hope caring helping others etc.

• confucius400

i went too a gop convention once shook boehners hand but when i got my hand back it only had three fingers!

• Mistabr0wn

You only need 2. One to pick your nose & the other to dig in your a$$.
    _____

# confucius400 Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

• confucius400

Mistabr0wn since xmas was 6 weeks ago maybe you should take down your xmas lights off your trailer its kind of a eye sore!

• confucius400

Teabagging is an erotic activity used within the context of BDSM and male dominance, with a dominant man teabagging his submissive partner, either a woman or a man, as one variation of facesitting.

• Just Fire Baby

Priest,

LOL….I’m not going to follow you.

why did I just read a definition of teabagging on a Raiders board?

• Raiders for life

The CBA is not looking good at all….
    kind of like RMR negotiating a nuclear treaty with Russia. It aint gonna happen.

• Raiders for life

617.priesttj Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 5:30 pm

#################

priesttj, I’m sure you know this…the early morning posters are all usually professional and are good reads. 5:00am to about 10:00am IMO

• Davy Jones

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 3:06 pm
    What’s wrong, Davy? Did my dose of reality, about the Raiders’ defense having just as much of an advantage considering Gruden was their head coach one year earlier, put you in a tailspin? Poor thing.

======================================

Snappy retort there, sport. With a dry wit like that and such stunning football acumen, it’s a wonder you don’t work for ESPN.

Actually your omission of facts that don’t support your view point (like quotes from Buc players saying they knew what play was coming from the signals) and your willingness to present a completely biased view point are what really qualify you for BSPN. But the acumen and the wit too, fo reals.

But of course, we wouldn’t want to lose you. After all, what would the comments section be with out our resident yellow journalist?

• priesttj

I’ve seen the morning crew I just rarely have time to plug in. I’m just not down with these same characters who come in here with all their propaganda everyday. This is just sports it’s supposed to be fun to come in here and celebrate the team as well as critigue it. I gte tired of the haters permeating the site masquarading as Raider fans bringing the place down.

The owner is the owner that is not going to change love him or hate him he is who he is. We all know that, but if you can’t come in here and discuss the game on the field what is your objective?

It gets sickening……I’l eventually find another avenue if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

• Al Davis Supremo

Its lonely in here, kind of like the colesium right now. I just been a wonderin how pittsburgh does it year after year. what do they got i don’t got?

I will bring the Raidahs back to my glory days, even if i have to fire my new man, and get another new man, but i do wanna keep hue, yes i do.

‘john, pull into macd’s and get me a big’un, and don’t screw it up’

‘yess ssir’

‘hererra, why didn’t you tell me we had a secret gm? you been posing as the gm, you gm wanna be’

‘what’s that boss sir?’

‘nevermind, you couldn’t read my television report on that qb from washington that i like, and where’s my big mac, you forget it at the window’

‘here you go sir, don’t spill it like yo..’

‘shut up and listen, why didn’t you tell me we were on television when i fired cable, quit playin with my head’

‘yes sir’

‘now sing to me so i can go to sleep’

• ArchiveTony

HYPOCRITE ALERT!! HYPOCRITE ALERT!!

priesttj Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 9:34 pm

=================
    Considerng you can’t shut up about Al, that everytime anyone mentions that their upset with how he’s doing things, where you rush to defend his ancient ways, usually with insults thrown in, who the hell are you to run the above BS?
    Take your own advice, and shut the hell up if you don’t like it.
    What you’re really saying is you can’t defend his stupid decisions, because you become an easy target, so you just wish everyone would cease and desist re: Al, and JUST talk about the game on the field.
    Except YOU DON’T.
    So STFU, OldMan.

• Al Davis Supremo

“Commitment to Excellence”

I’m Big Al and I approve this message.

• Al Davis Supremo

“Just Win Baby”

I’m big Al and I approve this message.
    (cept winning has passed me by, til this year we weren’t losers anymore, so I canned the meathead who said that, because he called me a loser. Well you know it really took the joy out of not being a loser anymore when my ex said that, so I had to fire him, now he wants to work in seattle, and maybe the seahawks won’t be losers anymore, cause they made the play-offs with a losing record and i didn’t, so my ex has a new job, but i got a new man now).

• Al Davis Supremo

——————————————————————————————————————————–
    What if Seymour doen’t want the tag? Then what?

• Al Davis Supremo

635.confucius400 Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 6:31 pm
    —————————————————–
    Ouch! Go back and tell him you want your fingers back, unless he already ate them, then it’s to late.