No chance at Jordan, but Cameron a possibility

Barring some kind of deal to move up in the draft, Cal defensive end Cameron Jordan will be long gone by the time the Raiders pick in the NFL draft.

Jordan Cameron, however, will be there possibly into the draft’s final day, and he’s got the kind of pedigree which catches the eye of Al Davis.

He’s also the kind of athletic, versatile tight end Davis loves, and he also comes from USC _ one of his favorite schools (although there is that annoying Lane Kiffin thing to consider).

As it has been explained to me by a Raiders talent evaluator (and keep in mind that the entire coaching staff joins in with the personnel department in this process at the combine), one of the things they’re always on the lookout for is a varied athletic background. Did he play basketball in high school and college? Participate on the track team?

It’s not necessarily going to be a huge factor, but it could sway a decision one way or the other if two prospects are close. Someone who has played other sports may be quicker to adjust to a much faster game, it speaks to competitive spirit and could make for a more explosive athlete down the road.

The Raiders have only two tight ends at the moment who will be under contract when a collective bargaining agreement is reached, pending a deal with Zach Miller _ Brandon Myers and Kevin Brock.

Logic suggests the Raiders will keep Miller through a new contract or invoking a tender if that option exists under a new CBA. But only Al Davis knows for sure. Miller has a concussion history, had sports hernia surgery a year ago and a bad foot, and health is a major factor when doling out huge dollars.

Even if Miller is still on the roster as expected, he and Myers are similar players. What’s missing is more of an explosive, downfield type threat _ someone who can bring to the position what Marcel Reece has to fullback.

Nevada’s Virgil Green (6-3, 249) has generated a lot of buzz for his athletic ability, was third-best among tight ends at 4.64 in the 40-yard dash and hada 42.5 inch vertical leap. He may be taken earlier than the Raiders want to fill the tight end position. The fastest tight end Florida Atlantic’s Rob Houshler (6-5, 248) at 4.58, who like Green has the basketball-track background in high school.

Cameron is intriguing because he’s 6-5, 249 pounds, ran the 40 in 4.59 and followed it up with a 37.5 inch vertical leap. He’s a converted wide receiver and started his college career playing basketball at BYU before transferring to USC.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

A lot of people are unemployed right now, Tony. I’m fortunate not to be one of them. But I’m sure as heck not going to mock them, either. I think you’re one of these dikheads in denial of what’s happening to this country.

• ArchiveTony

I remember now.
    You stated you work swing shift, and then come on this board, after you get home, to wind down, at 1 am? 2 am?
    In other words, for five days a week, you are absent from these parts, from 3-11:30 pm?
    what days might those be, madden?

Seriously, lets’ see if you can actually answer without a slew of diversion bs.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

OK, I’ll answer without a slew of diversion, Tony. I’ll give you my entire identity, address, everything. Will that satisfy you, weirdo?

• ArchiveTony

btw, see 151 for ex: of diversion reply.
    I asked how’s your job thing working out, when you seem to be here all the time, and you reply “I’m not going to mock those who have a job”???
    Huh?

and adding “you’re in denial of what’s happening in this country”??
    Talk about a diversion reply?

try again, this time try and make sense.

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

ArchiveTony Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    # r8eray Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Wow….damn near 100 posts dedicated to KK???

Seems like that old man has got some fans in here!
    ==================
    First off, saying “damn near” means you counted.
    Tell me you aren’t that pathetic.

———————

From here on out this is now the

“KoolKell Tribune Blog”

Inside The Kool Kell
    By KoolKell – NFL Writer
    Monday, 28th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

• ArchiveTony

again with the diversion reply.
    Didn’t ask you for specifics, did I?
    Stated simply, how can you state you work swing shift, when you are here each and every day, during swing shift hours?

That simple enuff for ya?

• ArchiveTony

# r8eray Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

ArchiveTony Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    # r8eray Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Wow….damn near 100 posts dedicated to KK???

Seems like that old man has got some fans in here!
    ==================
    First off, saying “damn near” means you counted.
    Tell me you aren’t that pathetic.

———————

From here on out this is now the

“KoolKell Tribune Blog”

Inside The Kool Kell
    By KoolKell – NFL Writer
    Monday, 28th, 2011 at 6:30 pm
    ===============
    So your answer is “yes, I am that pathetic”.

thanks for playin

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Tony, I don’t feel too guilty diverting someone who’s trying to get personal information about me. Most people would call it common sense.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Tony, 2 questions. 1) Why do you want to know so much about my personal life? 2) Why should I disclose personal information about myself when you’re not disclosing any about yourself?

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

ArchiveTony Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:32 pm
    # r8eray Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

ArchiveTony Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    # r8eray Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Wow….damn near 100 posts dedicated to KK???

Seems like that old man has got some fans in here!
    ==================
    First off, saying “damn near” means you counted.
    Tell me you aren’t that pathetic.

———————

From here on out this is now the

“KoolKell Tribune Blog”

Inside The Kool Kell
    By KoolKell – NFL Writer
    Monday, 28th, 2011 at 6:30 pm
    ===============
    So your answer is “yes, I am that pathetic”.

thanks for playin

——————-

LoL…dude your funny!!

That makes two more…your in on it too!!

:lol:

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Tony, tell me where you work and I’ll tell you where I work.

• ArchiveTony

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

===============
    weak, even by your standards.

again, you’re a proven liar. No one expects you to ever cop any info that’s valid.

My point is you’re a lying dog regarding having a job.

That’s why you avoid the question on how can you be here every day, during swingshift hrs, when you profess to be working during those hrs?

You’re here becuz your lying azz is as everyone states, unemployed.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Tony, tell me where you work and Ill tell you where I work. You’d have to be an idiot if you think I’m going to give you details of my personal life and work when you haven’t given any about yours.

• PlunkforHOF

Ahh, the off season… when the sissified slap-fights in here spike to a new frenzied high.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

What is this stupid game this guy is playing? He’s sitting here asking me all of these questions about my personal life. Why? Why do you care, Tony? What do you do? Where do you work? Why should anyone give you one single detail about what they do, or whether or not they’re employed, if you’re not going to give up any such information about yourself?

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Tony, why would anyone lie about being unemployed? A lot of people are unemployed right now. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. At least it’s not to me.

• http://www.aldavissucks.blogspot.com The Real MaddenRaider

Anyhow, it’s been 10 minutes since Archive Tony left a comment, looks like he’s done. I’ll check later to see what his response is. You can play this stupid game all you want, Tony. Just know that every time you pry into my personal life, I’m prying into yours. Later.

• Stak

You unemployed, or working MR?
    You state you have a job.
    Then you stated why would anyone lie about being unemployed? That you aren’t ashamed of it.

• aig-raiders

All that matters is if homie can catch the ball. TE’s without natural catching ability is pretty much useless.

• Stak

Ugly time of year, IMO.
    Sports page takes 5 min to read. Golf? Tennis? Nascar?
    yeech

• Stak

Isn’t any receiver, without natural catching abilities, pretty much useless?

• Stak

Should have a over/under bet, or something, going on, whether or not the CBA gets done or not.

• PlunkforHOF

171.Stak Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:00 pm
    Isn’t any receiver, without natural catching abilities, pretty much useless?

***********************************************

read:DHB

• Stak

Yeah, DHB is the poster child for useless

• PlunkforHOF

As good as Z Miller is as a receiver, which is very good, it seems that injuries, and not being a strong blocker could make him expendible. I’m not saying he SHOULD go, but the team could see it this way.

• Stak

Time to hold players accountable for wat they got signed to do.

• GoodOle00

Raiders anyone? Oh RMR found some dumb enuff to engage his psychosis. damb…

outy

• PlunkforHOF

Hey 00! We had like a dozen football only posts in a row!

• PlunkforHOF

I’m also glad to see my Nevada boy Colin Kaepernick moving up the charts. Much more of that and he’ll be out of the Raiders reach, unfortunately.

• PlunkforHOF

So much for football talk. GO RAIDERS! later

• CMon Man

Still not buying this new secondary. Routt, CJ, Branch, Eugene….that’s garbage.

The remaining dollars should go to Nnamdi and Miller and call it the day. The only other free agent I want see in lieu of those two is Sidney Rice.

It took the Raiders TWENTY-FIVE years to find a TE of Miller’s capability….and you guys are so cavalier about dumping him.

This team is going to struggle if this is all the relevant signings they make. TEams generally don’t get better getting rid of All-Pros or near All-Pros

• http://www.aliengr0w.com gr0w215

I really hope we dont get rid of mr. Reliable miller for the 2011 version of Rickey Dudley.. I remain optimistic but I woulda have like to see him sign with everyone else last week

• YoungAmerican

Miller isn’t going anywhere.

• Stak

I like Miller, but in reality he’s just not as good as most think.
    He has good hands, but good TE’s have to be good at blocking, and in that area Miller is just mediocre.

• DKnight007

Once again….the two main players the Raiders should target with that Round 2 pick are Center Steve Wisnewski or RT/RG Marcus Cannon IMO!

If Hue wants to build a bully on that O-Line, those are the two guys to target.

• YoungAmerican

Letting Miller go would just create another hole on a team that already has too many. Even Al isn’t crazy enough to let that happen.

• DKnight007

Actually Miller is an above average blocker. The thing that hurt him this year was him being injured on and off during the season.

He has proven to be a more than capable blocker when is 100% healthy.

• anthonyraiders

Does anyone think this would be a good year to get a gap control huge D tackle that can stop the run. We have d tackles who can get after the qb but year after year, stopping the run, is the main problem. we need someone who takes up space, takes up blocks and lets the lb’s do there job. i say figure out a way to get that d tackle from oregon state.

• CMon Man

DKnight007,

Wisniewski is not a 2nd round pick and he’s not a sure fire starter. Just because he’s related to old Wisniewski means jack spit that it transfers to him.

Make selections based on whether they can play or not…not lineage or 40x

• CMon Man

186.YoungAmerican Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

=======================================================
    It took the Raiders 25 years to find a TE of Miller’s capability. I agree moving Miller creates another unfillable hole and will deep six an already fragile offense

• YoungAmerican

I think Ijalana should be right up there with Wiz and Cannon. Dude’s huge, has a massive reach, and solid footwork. Could play guard or right tackle, both of which the Raiders could use.

• CMon Man

188.anthonyraiders Says:
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:57 pm

====================================================
    Not going to happen. Raiders like pass rush penetrators…not line absorbing run stuffers

• anthonyraiders

Well a man can hope. We need a run stuffer on the líne and henderson is not the answer.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I wonder how many GM’s are missing from the Combine?

• YoungAmerican

Apparently the Raiders have met with both Phil Taylor and Jarrell Powe this offseason, so there is some hope.

• anthonyraiders

Well i am going to believe the raiders will have a good draft again and work on the line. OL, DL, OLB and corner. no recievers.

• anthonyraiders

Taylor or powe would be awesome. I hope the raiders figure out a way to keep miller. JC is just average and wthout miller, the raiders will be in trouble.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

You’d think it would be helpful for a GM to be able to go eyeball to eyeball with some of these kids, no?

Walk around the combine, scrutinizing…..is that why they invented the combine?

Davis did admit they do a terrible job of background checking. Dude never gets out of his office.

• priesttj

The fact that the Raiders have Wauffle there to coach the Dlineman at the combine is a huge plus because that is the deepest area in this draft. If we can get a Dlineman at a good value. That will be a hude help. If you know what you’re doing a TE can be had as well as a Olineman in the mid rnds.

• priesttj

Seems he did a good job from his toilet last year, as long as the job gets done that’s all that matters…………same ol’ crybaby with the same ol’ whine. Try another angle man or team or something………GAWD!!