Players remain away from facility

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 at 11:12 am in Oakland Raiders.

There was no sign of any Raiders players between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. today, just a light stream of administrative employees and scouts arriving to prepare for the draft.

Considering word had probably gotten out through various Twitter posts and text messages that teams were not opening their weight rooms, there was no reason to arrive other than to establish attendance with regard to a workout bonus.

A pretty boring way to spend two hours, but at least it was a nice day . . .

• Gust372

You brought Cable up, Irjonny. I was just adding perspective to your point, that I felt lacked substance.

• RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Can you believe these guys??? Smart move by the NFL to keep the Titans off the prime time schedule this year.

• Gust372

Nnamdi, you’re not going to trick me with these stupid games. Grow up, type like an adult, stop copying and pasting comments all over your long winded post that nobody’s going to read anyway, and be civil. Then I’ll respond to you.

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:35 pm
    It’s funny with Bruce, because you look at his twitter and he is working out with Bush in AZ, having BBQ’s with Zack Miller and talking up the Raiders at any and every chance.

It’s like he is trying to guilt the Raiders into a contract offer, lol.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

LOL! You follow Bruise on Twitter?? So the man crush continues full steam ahead.

• Just Fire Baby

Wow Andy Dalton at #8???

I was on here hyping up Dalton two years ago, and I still do like him, but he kind of seemed a little injury prone this past year, and seemed like you can bang him around and really take him off his game.

Dude plays with a fire and passion that is great, and won more games in college than any other QB not named Colt McCoy.

Also beat Boise State and Wisconsin in bowl games.

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t follow anyone on twitter (or have a twitter account), but occasionally I will google the link that sends you to all the recent Raider player tweets, and it goes from there.

• irjonny

gust

i know.

• Gust372

Some people in here are touchy today. What’s wrong, Raider fans? Why so defensive? Raiders are the verge of being a good team, aren’t they?

• bcz24

I like that Dalton ran a true pro style offense. I think he could be the next Brees

• aig-raiders

AB Paine,

Please grow up already. Jeezus,the season was over in December and we are about to go to May 2011. Give it up dude. Just be prepared to backup your wild claims about Jachoke taking us to the promise land this year. I’m quite certain you’ll dump his ass within the first 4 games of the 2011 season. I’m all about now and what’s gonna happen this draft/season.

• aig-raiders

Dalton and Kaepernick seem like leaders. I’d have no problems getting either at 48.

• Nnamdi21

Aso for Ocho?

No thank you. I’d rather keep Nnamdi but if he has to go and theirs money freed up for an FA would you reunite Jackson and Ocho?

• Nnamdi21

Gust372 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

=========================

“Stupid games”.

Logic, reason, facts, proof.

1. ZBS failed.

2. Cable never a HC b4 Oakland

3. Violence toward fellow employee

4. Failed to produce enough wins

Proof that you call games troll. No point in conversing with someone who is clearly a disturbingly needy f**ktard here only for the abuse and not to have a rational discusion because your “argument” is invalid and proven so.

End transmission…

• DutchRaider77

MSN Mock Draft
    48. Oakland Raiders: Stefen Wisniewski, G/C, Penn State
    81. Oakland Raiders: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    113. Oakland Raiders: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
    148. Oakland Raiders: Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
    181. Oakland Raiders: Gabe Miller, DE, Oregon State
    220. Oakland Raiders: Nate Williams, S, Washington
    243. Oakland Raiders (compensatory): Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

• CJ Legend 34

Not a bad draft but I don’t know if we go that far down for a QB but I don’t know much about Nathan.
    ——————————————
    114.DutchRaider77 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 1:32 pm
    MSN Mock Draft
    48. Oakland Raiders: Stefen Wisniewski, G/C, Penn State
    81. Oakland Raiders: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    113. Oakland Raiders: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
    148. Oakland Raiders: Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
    181. Oakland Raiders: Gabe Miller, DE, Oregon State
    220. Oakland Raiders: Nate Williams, S, Washington
    243. Oakland Raiders (compensatory): Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

• CJ Legend 34

Only if there was no way we could keep Nam and I would ask for more picks then just Chad for Nam from Cicny.
    —————————————
    112.Nnamdi21 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 1:21 pm
    Aso for Ocho?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

————————————–
    Following Bruce Gradkowski on Twitter? Wow!

• Gust372

Nnamdi, I shouldn’t respond to you because I don’t want to reward your childish behavior, so I’ll just make one last statement, at least to you, on this topic. Tom Cable took the team from 5-11 to 8-8 in only his second full season. NOBODY gets fired for that kind of performance. He was fired for personal reasons. The Raiders are extremely temperamental with coaches. They always have been. It’s a bizarre work environment and it’s rumored to be the worst environment in the league for coaches. Jon Gruden was shipped away when the Raiders were one of the best teams in football. He too was fired for personal reasons, similar to the reasons Cable was fired. They were both too forward. The Raiders like their coaches to simply be motivators and to work the system already provided by the Raiders, which is an outdated system.

Also, and as I said before, since when have the Raiders ever cared about violent employees? John Herrera accosted a journalist for crying out loud. As far as I know, he’s still with the team in good standing. If the Raiders cared about Cable attacking Hanson, he would have been fired at the time. At that time Cable was still in good standing with the team. Since then, Cable has been much more forward and commanding, and that’s why he was shipped away.

• severeraiderz

Hue Jackson turns this offense into to a top 10 unit after being mired in mediocrity under Cable for TWO years and he is somehow unproven. This guy pretty much single handedly made us relevant again.

• severeraiderz

utchRaider77 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 1:32 pm
    MSN Mock Draft
    48. Oakland Raiders: Stefen Wisniewski, G/C, Penn State
    81. Oakland Raiders: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    113. Oakland Raiders: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
    148. Oakland Raiders: Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
    181. Oakland Raiders: Gabe Miller, DE, Oregon State
    220. Oakland Raiders: Nate Williams, S, Washington
    243. Oakland Raiders (compensatory): Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////

48 is too early to draft wiz II, i would trade back or try to get him in the 3rd where he could still be available.

• CJ Legend 34

What makes you think Wiz will be there in the 3rd? He will be gone by that time.

• CJ Legend 34

119.severeraiderz Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 1:40 pm

———————————————-
    No doubt, the offense started to come alive last year. Do you think it was a coincidence that Hue was in the house?

• Gust372

The Raiders’ offense was mired in mediocrity for a lot longer than 2 years, Severeraiderz.

• CJ Legend 34

Man that Chat today really did suck! What a bad off season. Man I am glad we don’t pick high in the draft.

Sign Nnamdi get some decent picks where we are at. Don’t trade up this year. Wait to make a move next year in the draft and call 2011 a wrap!!!

• Gust372

The offense improved last year because the players were finally buying into the Kiffin/Cable system.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Cable was fired because he sucked, period end of story. 17-28 is terrible, claiming your not a loser when you barley made it to 500 is unacceptable. The o-line was an unmitigated disaster. cable had off the field issues as well ( allegedly) he needed to go. Hu jack is a major upgrade.

Look at it this way, under Hu jack many players in oakland, and in the nfl have flourished, grown and improved. Flacco, palmer ocho, macfadden and so on. Cable on the other hand has watched players regress and fade or simply plateau under his watch. gallery leveled off, every one else was abysmal/

• aig-raiders

KoolKell Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Following Bruce Gradkowski on Twitter? Wow!

———————

Koolkell, what’s the problem with that? Is it any different than reading any quote from Bruce through this blog or the newspaper?

I followed all the Raider Players I could find on twitter last season. No difference than being on this blog 24/7 and 365 like you following Jerry McD. I dont like JC but I’d follow his twitter too if I could find it.

Grow up already man.

• YoungAmerican

Wiz won’t make it past the Patriots’ pick in the 2nd round.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Al Davis is horrible too. How do you lose a guy like Nnamdi for no compensation?

Did the Pat’s lose Richard Seymour for no compensation? Hell No.

• aig-raiders

It was stupid for Al to lose Nnamdi and get NADA in return. But I am sure some bloggers on here will spin that Al was a genius. As soon as Nnamdi signs with another team, some folks will be declaring Nnamdi had no talent.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

————————————-
    Superficial, celebrity stalkers. Why are Americans so uninformed, fat, stupid????????yuck.

• DKnight007

81.Just Fire Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:18 pm
    Dknight,

I will be there Thursday through Monday.

Luxor.

^^^^^^^
    Heyooo! Where you gonna be watching some if not all of the draft?

I be staying at VDara next to Aria. Pool party Saturday at MGM’s pool I think.

• http://www.psalm23sportswear.com omniscience

I say go get Vince Young Al wanted him out of Texas sits behind Jason one year comes back the next year Vick all over again with the weapons we have and add this come on no brainer

• RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Such a mistake making this guy the coach. Al should have had a better plan if he was so intent on firing Kiffin. JR, Henderson, Dmac, and several others got worse under this guy and the clowns he hired in 2009. And it had to be that dumbass staff’s idea to bring in Garcia, the guy that JR retired in 2008. At least he got it right with Hue. It just sucks that Cable was allowed to do so much damage in such a short period of time.

• Gust372

The Raiders felt Cable “sucked”, Mystic? After turning a 5-11 team to an 8-8 team in his second full year? Who knew the Raiders had such stringent standards. Surely the Raiders have won a couple of Super Bowls recently having a bar so high.

• Gust372

KoolKell Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

……….

The post-Bruce Allen era has not been good for Al.

• Just Fire Baby

Corkran said in his chat that teams are worried about Wiz’s side, and the belief is that he will fall to the 3rd round.

I doubt he falls halfway through the 3rd round to us, but I can see him being one of the first few guys taken in the 3rd round.

• RAIDERMAN99

Regardless of whether the Raids draft a QB this year or not – they must bring in a better veteran backup.

Any QB they draft is not likely to be ready to play in 2011.

Boller and Frye is NOT the way to go.

Since JaJason sucks and will not make it through 2011 as the Raid starting QB, obtaining a capable backup will turn out to be the most important personnel move the Raids make in the next few weeks or months.

Vince Young, despite his mental instability is a proven winner and would be my first choice. VY is salvagable. Could be the next great Raider reclamation. This guy is going to make the Titans regret dumping him and QB starved teams are going to regret passing up the opportunity to claim him for nothing. Al would be insane not to give him a chance.

Colin Kaepernick would be a fine draft pick, but those of us in Reno who have watched his career will be quick to tell you he’s a poor man’s Vince Young.

Why not take a chance on VY since it doesn’t cost anything ?

Carson Palmer seems to be on his last legs. McNabb too.

Al Davis has said Gradkowski can play but can’t stay on the field.

Kolb stinks (watch the game against GB that he got injured in if you have any doubts) and if Philly cons any team into surrendering a first for him it’ll be a Brink’s robbery.

So, Al Davis would be insane NOT to bring VY in. Costs nothing and the potential upside is immense.

Do it, Al.

JaJason sucks.

• Just Fire Baby

I didn’t know they opened up those other towers at City Center.

I have stayed at Aria before when I lived there, it was kind of a ghost town. Way to big, with way too few of people.

I will be at the Luxor probably for Friday’s draft. Won’t get in until late Thursday night.

You make the trek over, first rounds on me.

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t doubt that Hue has a higher ceiling than Cable did, especially with his ability to call plays.

But he better at least go 8-8, and 5-1 in the division.

Cable gave him a team full of momentum.

• aig-raiders

Yo JFB,

How is going man? Why you staying at Luxor man? That place seem kinda old. You live close to Pa Ko Ridge golf course at all in ABQ?

• Just Fire Baby

Luxor was the only place that would comp the wife a room for 3 nights. I hate the rooms with a passion, but the floor is decent.

Pa Ko Ridge is probably the nicest course out here. It’s on the other side of the mountain, maybe a half an hour away.

August right? How’s the selling season?

• Silverandblack666

RAIDERMAN99

Besides the obvious, VY does not have the arm strength to even draw an interest from Al Davis.

Head case, weak arm, not a good fit

• RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I think dark times are ahead for the Titans. VY is a stud.

• RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Understatent of the year!!!!

• Gust372

If we’re going the QB route, we should dump Campbell and draft Cam Newton. Keep Nanmdi. Keep every proven good player we have, no matter the price. It’s time to start building football teams and stop playing games.

• Just Fire Baby

Talent and execution are two different things though Debo, as your buddy Jamarcus proved to the tenth degree.

I would really be disappointed if our team doesn’t play it’s division foes like we did in 2010.

Road game in San Diego last year??

That was TOM CABLE FOOTBALL.

• aig-raiders

test

• aig-raiders

JFB,

Not sure if my prev post got in.

Drop me your contact info here at jm95054@ yahuuuu when you get a chance. Selling season very slow this year. Will be there on 8/23 around noon time to play an afternoon round. I really want to play at Paa Ko Ridge.

Last time we stayed at Luxor, bed bugs galore so be careful.

• http://www.psalm23sportswear.com omniscience

We need OL help everyone knows pick Wiz #48 plug in at gaurd plug in Campbell at other gaurd set Wiz wont make it to 3rd round Raiders are the only team he goes where his uncle is their pushing him to be All Pro like he was I think that is big in this Era of football